Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anything you like a lot about your lore?
1 2 3 4 5
I really enjoy how simple and self-contained my lore is for each dragon. I originally tried making this big lore story, but couldn't keep up with it cause of how big my lair got and how a lot of key dragons would come and go. Having everyone just have their own small, self-contained backstory and all be connected through a simple guild makes things so much easier to keep up with! New dragons are simply new members of the guild, and sold/exalted dragons simply left to pursue other interests.
I really enjoy how simple and self-contained my lore is for each dragon. I originally tried making this big lore story, but couldn't keep up with it cause of how big my lair got and how a lot of key dragons would come and go. Having everyone just have their own small, self-contained backstory and all be connected through a simple guild makes things so much easier to keep up with! New dragons are simply new members of the guild, and sold/exalted dragons simply left to pursue other interests.
extra-head-right.png
★ Previously MalusNight
☆ She/Her
★ +1 FR Time
I haven't got it down in writing yet, but -
I noticed a LOT of my dragons have Gembond. I hate Gembond, it looks like chickenpox or measles or something. So I've decided that it's a disease: Crystalization Syndrome (CS). Crystal and Facet are also genes I hate, so they're also symptoms of CS. The reason so many of dragons in my lair have CS is because it's a research center dedicated to finding a cure for CS. So far, they have a promising lead, but there's still a lot of research needed (meaning I need to save up funds to regene the "victims"). CS victims come from all over hoping for a cure; that's why I have dragons from all the flights in my lair.

Crackle is another disease; most dragons just call it The Creeping Crud. Smirch is a milder case of TCC.

I haven't got it down in writing yet, but -
I noticed a LOT of my dragons have Gembond. I hate Gembond, it looks like chickenpox or measles or something. So I've decided that it's a disease: Crystalization Syndrome (CS). Crystal and Facet are also genes I hate, so they're also symptoms of CS. The reason so many of dragons in my lair have CS is because it's a research center dedicated to finding a cure for CS. So far, they have a promising lead, but there's still a lot of research needed (meaning I need to save up funds to regene the "victims"). CS victims come from all over hoping for a cure; that's why I have dragons from all the flights in my lair.

Crackle is another disease; most dragons just call it The Creeping Crud. Smirch is a milder case of TCC.

windmid.png
tumblr_nqzcnveuCa1uzc8vbo1_500.png
windmid.png
I like how I have the Arcanist as some kind of threat to our clan depite being our flight deity. In my lore, he basically threatened to destroy our whole flight unless the matriarch of our clan accepts her duties as the leader.

I also like how I have individual lore for each dragon (almost all of them) that goes along with the main lore for the clan.
I like how I have the Arcanist as some kind of threat to our clan depite being our flight deity. In my lore, he basically threatened to destroy our whole flight unless the matriarch of our clan accepts her duties as the leader.

I also like how I have individual lore for each dragon (almost all of them) that goes along with the main lore for the clan.
Philippians 4:13 I can do All things through Christ who gives me strength

WARNING: I am prone to use random LOTR and the Hobbit references XD
Yes.

I like the magic I made.
Yes.

I like the magic I made.
Gula.gif
The pirates. Well I mean I love how all my dragons are spread everywhere with their own destinies, and gangs but, mostly the pirates.
The pirates. Well I mean I love how all my dragons are spread everywhere with their own destinies, and gangs but, mostly the pirates.
*She/her
*Gen1 lover
*Talk to me about music, art,
books, and history! I'd love to chat!
MVU2bgM.png
To my knowledge I'm currently the only user who has this giant law theme in their clan. (if anyone else does pls speak up)

And also I can brag that over 90% of my dragons are lore
To my knowledge I'm currently the only user who has this giant law theme in their clan. (if anyone else does pls speak up)

And also I can brag that over 90% of my dragons are lore
XOxv5KE.png
I'd say it'd have to be how needlessly complicated the setting is.

I initially just wanted my Dragons to have a legitimate reason as to why they've got access to modern technology. So I set my Clan in a valley that, unbeknownst to them, is actually a pocket dimension which exists outside of space and time; not being tethered to a specific time period means the Clan has access to electricity, cell phones, steampunk technology, medieval armor, etc., and not really being in Sornieth means I can ignore all the little canon lore things that I think are unnecessary (sizes and monotonous Fae speech, for example).

Then I discovered and started getting fandragons, and the majority of them were either of extraterrestrial or supernatural origin. So I worked in that the source of the "bubble" around the dimension was a huge rock in the center of the valley. The rock was otherworldly and radiated a power stronger than anything in Sornieth, which caused unusual beings (aliens, ghosts, demons, etc.) to be subconsciously attracted to it.

Basically, my Clan lives in a valley that's actually an out-of-time and out-of-space pocket dimension that attracts the paranormal because of the giant magic rock in the center of the valley. It's bizarre, but that's why I love it.
I'd say it'd have to be how needlessly complicated the setting is.

I initially just wanted my Dragons to have a legitimate reason as to why they've got access to modern technology. So I set my Clan in a valley that, unbeknownst to them, is actually a pocket dimension which exists outside of space and time; not being tethered to a specific time period means the Clan has access to electricity, cell phones, steampunk technology, medieval armor, etc., and not really being in Sornieth means I can ignore all the little canon lore things that I think are unnecessary (sizes and monotonous Fae speech, for example).

Then I discovered and started getting fandragons, and the majority of them were either of extraterrestrial or supernatural origin. So I worked in that the source of the "bubble" around the dimension was a huge rock in the center of the valley. The rock was otherworldly and radiated a power stronger than anything in Sornieth, which caused unusual beings (aliens, ghosts, demons, etc.) to be subconsciously attracted to it.

Basically, my Clan lives in a valley that's actually an out-of-time and out-of-space pocket dimension that attracts the paranormal because of the giant magic rock in the center of the valley. It's bizarre, but that's why I love it.
VGxuHXT.png
I'm proud of a lot of things in my lore, actually.
  1. Well, my clan is situated over a partially-extradimensional clone of the Tangled Wood that forever loops back on itself and is devoid of any sentient life, although it's really a gamble as to whether the land will let you leave or force you to turn back. If you have a known history of violence or the deities feel like it, you become "bloodbound" (guaranteed to be turned back whenever you leave). The reason the territory is like this is because it's a prison, custom designed to lure and imprison world-destroying monstrosities and dragons, and --one day, hopefully-- the Shade itself in it's entirety.
  2. Not that you would be able to leave anyway, as the clan leader is a murderous tyrant who won't let you, and kills any outsiders that trespass on the territory.
  3. Oh, and since the clan territory is immune to all forms of remote scrying and cannot be teleported to or from, and is full of insanely powerful dragons that many political powers would like to get their hands on,the clan includes sleeper agents for all kinds of political powers, including:
    • Ten of the Deities (all independently, of course.)
    • The Plaguebringer just decided to go herself, in mortal form.
    • The Pillar Knights, an ancient peacekeeping military order.
    • Most of the Great Houses of Sornieth
      (Houses Penumbra, Huaki, Gardisto and Úlfur)
    • The Shade (for lack of a simple explanation)
  4. This dangerous political situation is about to spiral into a full-blown four-way civil war, possibly five-way.

And finally, my favourite part:
  5. This is just the main plot, not even getting into the subplots of:
    • Forbidden love between a potter and a mass murderer;
    • a blacksmith's decent into madness as his mate is stolen away from him;
    • a traitor and ex-prisoner from the Fortress of Ends and the Hunter-Gaoler that has been pursuing him for years;
    • an alchemist learning how to create artificial life;
    • and behind everything, the mysterious reason behind why the soul --and death at all-- on Wispwalker territory doesn't behave normally...

Ah... Yep, I spend too much time on this. :'3
I'm proud of a lot of things in my lore, actually.
  1. Well, my clan is situated over a partially-extradimensional clone of the Tangled Wood that forever loops back on itself and is devoid of any sentient life, although it's really a gamble as to whether the land will let you leave or force you to turn back. If you have a known history of violence or the deities feel like it, you become "bloodbound" (guaranteed to be turned back whenever you leave). The reason the territory is like this is because it's a prison, custom designed to lure and imprison world-destroying monstrosities and dragons, and --one day, hopefully-- the Shade itself in it's entirety.
  2. Not that you would be able to leave anyway, as the clan leader is a murderous tyrant who won't let you, and kills any outsiders that trespass on the territory.
  3. Oh, and since the clan territory is immune to all forms of remote scrying and cannot be teleported to or from, and is full of insanely powerful dragons that many political powers would like to get their hands on,the clan includes sleeper agents for all kinds of political powers, including:
    • Ten of the Deities (all independently, of course.)
    • The Plaguebringer just decided to go herself, in mortal form.
    • The Pillar Knights, an ancient peacekeeping military order.
    • Most of the Great Houses of Sornieth
      (Houses Penumbra, Huaki, Gardisto and Úlfur)
    • The Shade (for lack of a simple explanation)
  4. This dangerous political situation is about to spiral into a full-blown four-way civil war, possibly five-way.

And finally, my favourite part:
  5. This is just the main plot, not even getting into the subplots of:
    • Forbidden love between a potter and a mass murderer;
    • a blacksmith's decent into madness as his mate is stolen away from him;
    • a traitor and ex-prisoner from the Fortress of Ends and the Hunter-Gaoler that has been pursuing him for years;
    • an alchemist learning how to create artificial life;
    • and behind everything, the mysterious reason behind why the soul --and death at all-- on Wispwalker territory doesn't behave normally...

Ah... Yep, I spend too much time on this. :'3
modern-futuristic dragons
modern-futuristic dragons

gmt +8
fr time +15
she/they/he
pings very welcome
b01c9d8cb099f28c33efbc3427a2a7f8d24272ad.png
exalt save sales (g1s, oldies and others)
My lore features an unproblematic clan that just loves and supports each other with a diverse range of personalities and it doesn’t have a lot of plot or anything but I love it.
My lore features an unproblematic clan that just loves and supports each other with a diverse range of personalities and it doesn’t have a lot of plot or anything but I love it.

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
1 2 3 4 5