Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | familiar drop rate for Pohips?
I know the drop rate is very low, but has anyone actually calculated how long it is before I can get their familiars? I've been trying to get the familiars for both so that I can sell them off because I'm saving for gene projects cri
I know the drop rate is very low, but has anyone actually calculated how long it is before I can get their familiars? I've been trying to get the familiars for both so that I can sell them off because I'm saving for gene projects cri
Don't aim for that. Not cost-effective. They're like 80 gems in the AH, head over to the Savannah instead and shoot for the rhinos.
Don't aim for that. Not cost-effective. They're like 80 gems in the AH, head over to the Savannah instead and shoot for the rhinos.
Boss familiars generally drop at a rate of 0.5%. No familiar has a drop rate higher than 1%, and since bosses appear much less often than normal mobs, you'd be grinding a while. Specifically, bosses tend to appear in 1/100 battles. I don't have data for their encounter rates in every venue but I believe the lower the venue level, the less their chance to appear. I was able to get both pohips in less than 100 encounters vs each, but it really depends on your luck.

So yes, as Lindsnake said, you're best off simply buying them and redirecting your grinding effort towards the more expensive boss familiars.
Boss familiars generally drop at a rate of 0.5%. No familiar has a drop rate higher than 1%, and since bosses appear much less often than normal mobs, you'd be grinding a while. Specifically, bosses tend to appear in 1/100 battles. I don't have data for their encounter rates in every venue but I believe the lower the venue level, the less their chance to appear. I was able to get both pohips in less than 100 encounters vs each, but it really depends on your luck.

So yes, as Lindsnake said, you're best off simply buying them and redirecting your grinding effort towards the more expensive boss familiars.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
oh,, okay! Thanks ;w;
probably going to die by rhino but ok
oh,, okay! Thanks ;w;
probably going to die by rhino but ok