Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tell Me About the Wind Flight!
1 2
Hello! i'm currently in Plague, but recently I have felt more and more detached with Plague (never really been into Dom) and am finding myself drawn to Wind. I'm curious, what exactly is wind about? I've heard it is more artistic than the other flights?
thank you for any help!
Hello! i'm currently in Plague, but recently I have felt more and more detached with Plague (never really been into Dom) and am finding myself drawn to Wind. I'm curious, what exactly is wind about? I've heard it is more artistic than the other flights?
thank you for any help!
39.png
@Relion Hey there! I haven’t been here too long, but I think I can fill you in a bit.

First off, corgis and noodles are going to be your “fun theme.” We don’t Dom too often, but we have a battle withWater (I believe) during the last week of July! Art and culture is appreciated, we even have a culture thread with headcanons about the day-to-day lives of the Wind flight! Kites are also a lovely theme, and it’s really quite serene here.

Should you join us, then I, or, rather, quite surely WE welcome you with open wings, but no mater where you travel I hope the winds are in your favor!
@Relion Hey there! I haven’t been here too long, but I think I can fill you in a bit.

First off, corgis and noodles are going to be your “fun theme.” We don’t Dom too often, but we have a battle withWater (I believe) during the last week of July! Art and culture is appreciated, we even have a culture thread with headcanons about the day-to-day lives of the Wind flight! Kites are also a lovely theme, and it’s really quite serene here.

Should you join us, then I, or, rather, quite surely WE welcome you with open wings, but no mater where you travel I hope the winds are in your favor!
Uwu
This sort of question is always difficult for me, because I've never been anywhere but Wind, and I don't know what's usual or unusual except what I've gleaned from other people's comments!

In general, though, Wind is generally very chill about various playstyles, but it's not the place to come to if you like super intense all-dom-all-the-time flights. That's not to say there's not plenty of room for people who are more into level-exalting— our merc squad is very active and very welcoming— but in general I think Windies tend to be more interested in the journey than the result. We do indeed seem to attract a lot of creatively-minded folks, artists and writers and craftspeople alike, and our lore-discussion hubs are reasonably active. Actually, our forums in general are pretty active, and there are always people coming from or going to various flights so there's a pretty constant low-key shift in population that Wind is… well, very chill about. :D

I hope this helps, and that you're able to make a decision that you're happy with, either way!
This sort of question is always difficult for me, because I've never been anywhere but Wind, and I don't know what's usual or unusual except what I've gleaned from other people's comments!

In general, though, Wind is generally very chill about various playstyles, but it's not the place to come to if you like super intense all-dom-all-the-time flights. That's not to say there's not plenty of room for people who are more into level-exalting— our merc squad is very active and very welcoming— but in general I think Windies tend to be more interested in the journey than the result. We do indeed seem to attract a lot of creatively-minded folks, artists and writers and craftspeople alike, and our lore-discussion hubs are reasonably active. Actually, our forums in general are pretty active, and there are always people coming from or going to various flights so there's a pretty constant low-key shift in population that Wind is… well, very chill about. :D

I hope this helps, and that you're able to make a decision that you're happy with, either way!
Hi! I've been in Wind for almost my whole three years on FR. I know that kind of goes against the transient nature of Wind, but I love it! The aesthetic is delightful and whimsical. I'm just very happy here.

I do differ with the view that we don't go for dom much. Maybe we don't as much as Light or Earth (who basically sneeze and get number one :p) But I think in the last year, we've shown the site that we are contenders. When I first came to Wind, dom wasn't a huge thing except for the biggest organized battles. But in the last couple of years, we've really stepped up our game. Our Council has been organizing fun programs to encourage participation, and we've done a lot more successful profit pushes as well.

In a nutshell... I think Wind as a whole could be carefree about the end of the world (which time is this now?) and make it fun. :)
Hi! I've been in Wind for almost my whole three years on FR. I know that kind of goes against the transient nature of Wind, but I love it! The aesthetic is delightful and whimsical. I'm just very happy here.

I do differ with the view that we don't go for dom much. Maybe we don't as much as Light or Earth (who basically sneeze and get number one :p) But I think in the last year, we've shown the site that we are contenders. When I first came to Wind, dom wasn't a huge thing except for the biggest organized battles. But in the last couple of years, we've really stepped up our game. Our Council has been organizing fun programs to encourage participation, and we've done a lot more successful profit pushes as well.

In a nutshell... I think Wind as a whole could be carefree about the end of the world (which time is this now?) and make it fun. :)
lGriifT.png
@Stormhawke Oh, no, I didn't mean to imply that our Dom program is bad or not a contender when we do go for it! I love our Dom team to bits for making it fun for me after it burned me very badly back when I first started and vowed to never participate. (I was personally very impressed by us holding a solid second place on the Dom boards during our profit push even when I think a fair number of us were selling to Shadow because level-exalting on its own wasn't profitable at those fodder prices. :D) I just meant that in terms of how often we push, not the quality of our pushes when we do and phrased it poorly, oops.
@Stormhawke Oh, no, I didn't mean to imply that our Dom program is bad or not a contender when we do go for it! I love our Dom team to bits for making it fun for me after it burned me very badly back when I first started and vowed to never participate. (I was personally very impressed by us holding a solid second place on the Dom boards during our profit push even when I think a fair number of us were selling to Shadow because level-exalting on its own wasn't profitable at those fodder prices. :D) I just meant that in terms of how often we push, not the quality of our pushes when we do and phrased it poorly, oops.
i started out in wind, hiatus'd, remembered fr, moved to plague, then became dissatisfied with it and moved back to my birth flight. no regrets, the community is friendly and easy to chat with. also we're good at lore. (yes, we are very artistic!)
a side effect of our all-consuming chillness and large numbers is a laid-back attitude towards dom, so don't expect much weekly bonuses.
i started out in wind, hiatus'd, remembered fr, moved to plague, then became dissatisfied with it and moved back to my birth flight. no regrets, the community is friendly and easy to chat with. also we're good at lore. (yes, we are very artistic!)
a side effect of our all-consuming chillness and large numbers is a laid-back attitude towards dom, so don't expect much weekly bonuses.
- order
@mothscale Oh of course! I didn't think you were downplaying the quality at all, just the quantity, tbh! But I do think we push pretty often... if we tried more, I'd probably be overwhelmed. So it's a good balance for me, but I know that's highly subjective.

I was really impressed we held second, too, since they even encouraged us to help Shadow out, haha. :) That second place got me two lair expansions in the same week. woo! I agree, the quality of our dom programs is great. They really make it fun. I can't imagine how hard it must be to motivate such a large flight to the point of actually being competitive, so I can see why we might not seem to push much.
@mothscale Oh of course! I didn't think you were downplaying the quality at all, just the quantity, tbh! But I do think we push pretty often... if we tried more, I'd probably be overwhelmed. So it's a good balance for me, but I know that's highly subjective.

I was really impressed we held second, too, since they even encouraged us to help Shadow out, haha. :) That second place got me two lair expansions in the same week. woo! I agree, the quality of our dom programs is great. They really make it fun. I can't imagine how hard it must be to motivate such a large flight to the point of actually being competitive, so I can see why we might not seem to push much.
lGriifT.png
@Stormhawke @PSICadet @mothscale @TypoedGlory

thank you all for the replies! Plague has been the flight I've been in since I started, but after recent updates (the primal eyes ahaha) I've realized I need to find a new family ^^ so I think I'll make the switch to wind after i finish my breeding project.

thank you all again! <3
@Stormhawke @PSICadet @mothscale @TypoedGlory

thank you all for the replies! Plague has been the flight I've been in since I started, but after recent updates (the primal eyes ahaha) I've realized I need to find a new family ^^ so I think I'll make the switch to wind after i finish my breeding project.

thank you all again! <3
39.png
yup yup. Everyone's nailed it

Wind=chill
yup yup. Everyone's nailed it

Wind=chill
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
It's pretty chill here! We have free-to-attend outside art classes, arts and crafts, build-your-own-kite-wind-chimes days every month. We love relaxing in the presence of those around us, and just talking about whatever comes to mind!

Though we aren't particularly bothered with dominance, we are definitely big on building a peaceful community of people looking for a big family!

There's some snacks at the welcoming booth- crackers, cheese, and sausage, a sandwich and sub station- you know the like, though there's also a salad bar if that's what you're into!

Hope you decide to join; we'd love to have you!
It's pretty chill here! We have free-to-attend outside art classes, arts and crafts, build-your-own-kite-wind-chimes days every month. We love relaxing in the presence of those around us, and just talking about whatever comes to mind!

Though we aren't particularly bothered with dominance, we are definitely big on building a peaceful community of people looking for a big family!

There's some snacks at the welcoming booth- crackers, cheese, and sausage, a sandwich and sub station- you know the like, though there's also a salad bar if that's what you're into!

Hope you decide to join; we'd love to have you!
Keaea_left_new.png
...........New_Piskel.png
.......................Keaea_right_new.png
1 2