Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [wind] A new Direction
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
If there's no wind... then there's no wind flight except in spirit and beliefs.

Now its...the sky flight?

Luckily the 'Sky Flight' only existed for a few days.
If there's no wind... then there's no wind flight except in spirit and beliefs.

Now its...the sky flight?

Luckily the 'Sky Flight' only existed for a few days.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
[quote name="Serpenthyne" date="2018-03-09 11:40:06" ] New headcanon: Windsinger accidentally turned off the Crescendo for a month and just... forgot. And when he realized the wind wasn't on he panicked and turned it back on, except backwards, because classic scatterbrained Windpop. [/quote] I...love that so much. Also, I'm pretty sure I can hear Aequorin chuckling darkly in the recesses of this thread while we pick apart the cryptic comments.
Serpenthyne wrote on 2018-03-09 11:40:06:
New headcanon: Windsinger accidentally turned off the Crescendo for a month and just... forgot. And when he realized the wind wasn't on he panicked and turned it back on, except backwards, because classic scatterbrained Windpop.

I...love that so much.

Also, I'm pretty sure I can hear Aequorin chuckling darkly in the recesses of this thread while we pick apart the cryptic comments.
lGriifT.png
Oh, all the staff must be cackling about now, for sure.
Oh, all the staff must be cackling about now, for sure.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
The Windsinger being able to disguise themselves into any form they please actually really fits in with the theme of a lot of traveler gods in stories. They're pretty much said to physically walk the world and interact with the people they meet, and the people they do meet tend to realize long after the fact "oh!... I met a god."
Which is kinda what we did with this story. "Oh! Edgar met the Windsigner."

Aequorin is just trying to throw us off, shh! Let the belief ring strong!
The Windsinger is among us!
The Windsinger being able to disguise themselves into any form they please actually really fits in with the theme of a lot of traveler gods in stories. They're pretty much said to physically walk the world and interact with the people they meet, and the people they do meet tend to realize long after the fact "oh!... I met a god."
Which is kinda what we did with this story. "Oh! Edgar met the Windsigner."

Aequorin is just trying to throw us off, shh! Let the belief ring strong!
The Windsinger is among us!
A mortal (semi-mortal?) child of the Windsinger perhaps? Given this spiral is referred to as "they" rather than "he." Otherwise, Windsinger is playing up the trickster god role here.
A mortal (semi-mortal?) child of the Windsinger perhaps? Given this spiral is referred to as "they" rather than "he." Otherwise, Windsinger is playing up the trickster god role here.
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
[quote name="@BashfulBat" date="2018-03-09 10:41:17" ] Edit: [quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-03-09 06:50:22" ] Who says the spiral youth is a 'he'? ;) [/quote] If the sprial youth [i]is[/i] the Windsinger in disguise... I actually had to go back and check the original lore just to make sure, but wow, the Windsinger is literally the only deity to not have any pronouns or gender attributes mentioned! I am so, [i]so[/i] in support of genderfluid Windsinger, I can't believe that's something no one has noticed before! [/quote] ------------------ [quote=the map]The sorrowful, crumbling remains of the final vestiges of peace between the elemental flights. It is this monument alone that towered above the world, acting as the base of a great magical shield whose purpose was to protect the land from the roaming Shade, a devouring plague of darkness. The Earthshaker has existed here for time immemorial, both guarding and mourning the structure that once [b]held his brothers and sisters together.[/b] [/quote] [quote=windsinger's thoughts]I will create thousands of children, [b]thought the Windsinger[/b], the air will be cleansed and painted in a plethora of colored brushes. My flight will carry the stories of the realm, and tell of its history. A pity that the others will never know a similar joy. [/quote] however [quote=chapter one] But before the blackness had entirely set in, the Flamecaller roared, breathing great bright flames from [b]her[/b] jaws[/quote] …its a bit [i]up in the air[/i]
@BashfulBat wrote on 2018-03-09 10:41:17:

Edit:
Aequorin wrote on 2018-03-09 06:50:22:
Who says the spiral youth is a 'he'? ;)

If the sprial youth is the Windsinger in disguise... I actually had to go back and check the original lore just to make sure, but wow, the Windsinger is literally the only deity to not have any pronouns or gender attributes mentioned! I am so, so in support of genderfluid Windsinger, I can't believe that's something no one has noticed before!

the map wrote:
The sorrowful, crumbling remains of the final vestiges of peace between the elemental flights. It is this monument alone that towered above the world, acting as the base of a great magical shield whose purpose was to protect the land from the roaming Shade, a devouring plague of darkness. The Earthshaker has existed here for time immemorial, both guarding and mourning the structure that once held his brothers and sisters together.
windsinger's thoughts wrote:
I will create thousands of children, thought the Windsinger, the air will be cleansed and painted in a plethora of colored brushes. My flight will carry the stories of the realm, and tell of its history. A pity that the others will never know a similar joy.

however
chapter one wrote:
But before the blackness had entirely set in, the Flamecaller roared, breathing great bright flames from her jaws

…its a bit
up in the air
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
[quote name="catgame21234" date="2018-03-09 12:51:28" ] …its a bit [i]up in the air[/i] [/quote] Ba-dum-tish!
catgame21234 wrote on 2018-03-09 12:51:28:
…its a bit
up in the air

Ba-dum-tish!
[quote name="Apfelobst" date="2018-03-09 11:53:46" ] Other possibilitie: The young spiral was the Twisting Crescendo him-/herself, who turned into a spiral dragon. This would explain why the spiral danced so easy in the air and danced without the wind! Also it would explain why he/she got the windsinger idol. She/He got it from windsinger as a warning that she should turn back to a Crescendo. Which she/he did but she/he didn't like that warning and so she just made herself backwards. This would also explan why she wasn't their anymore, when the storm was back. [/quote] I like your theory, but.. why are you putting so much effort into not using they pronouns? It's way easier and considerably less clunky, plus that's how the spiral was referred to in the first place. It just makes the post super awkward to read imo
Apfelobst wrote on 2018-03-09 11:53:46:
Other possibilitie:

The young spiral was the Twisting Crescendo him-/herself, who turned into a spiral dragon. This would explain why the spiral danced so easy in the air and danced without the wind! Also it would explain why he/she got the windsinger idol. She/He got it from windsinger as a warning that she should turn back to a Crescendo. Which she/he did but she/he didn't like that warning and so she just made herself backwards. This would also explan why she wasn't their anymore, when the storm was back.

I like your theory, but.. why are you putting so much effort into not using they pronouns? It's way easier and considerably less clunky, plus that's how the spiral was referred to in the first place. It just makes the post super awkward to read imo
nonbinary-asexual-mottled-heckin-ace.png
[quote name="@CELESTlAL" date="2018-03-09 12:59:13" ] [quote name="Apfelobst" date="2018-03-09 11:53:46" ] Other possibilitie: The young spiral was the Twisting Crescendo him-/herself, who turned into a spiral dragon. This would explain why the spiral danced so easy in the air and danced without the wind! Also it would explain why he/she got the windsinger idol. She/He got it from windsinger as a warning that she should turn back to a Crescendo. Which she/he did but she/he didn't like that warning and so she just made herself backwards. This would also explan why she wasn't their anymore, when the storm was back. [/quote] I like your theory, but.. why are you putting so much effort into not using they pronouns? It's way easier and considerably less clunky, plus that's how the spiral was referred to in the first place. It just makes the post super awkward to read imo [/quote] Some people just write that way. It's not ignorant, some people also think that it's a bit more respectful is all because to some people "them/they" feels a bit like calling someone or some thing [b]"it"[/b] since they have been conditioned to refer to things as either "him" or "her" for so long since well childhood! =)
@CELESTlAL wrote on 2018-03-09 12:59:13:
Apfelobst wrote on 2018-03-09 11:53:46:
Other possibilitie:

The young spiral was the Twisting Crescendo him-/herself, who turned into a spiral dragon. This would explain why the spiral danced so easy in the air and danced without the wind! Also it would explain why he/she got the windsinger idol. She/He got it from windsinger as a warning that she should turn back to a Crescendo. Which she/he did but she/he didn't like that warning and so she just made herself backwards. This would also explan why she wasn't their anymore, when the storm was back.

I like your theory, but.. why are you putting so much effort into not using they pronouns? It's way easier and considerably less clunky, plus that's how the spiral was referred to in the first place. It just makes the post super awkward to read imo

Some people just write that way. It's not ignorant, some people also think that it's a bit more respectful is all because to some people "them/they" feels a bit like calling someone or some thing "it" since they have been conditioned to refer to things as either "him" or "her" for so long since well childhood! =)
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
I wonder, actually, if that spiral - if not the Windsinger - was akin to one of the ever so popular flight reps/deity reps so many of us have!
I wonder, actually, if that spiral - if not the Windsinger - was akin to one of the ever so popular flight reps/deity reps so many of us have!
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15