Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Frost Delver and Stone Borer prices?
What is it about Frost Delver and Stone Borer that make them so much more expensive than the other bosses? Were they given a much lower drop rate for some reason? Do they just appear to battle less often? Is it because the Golem Workshop is hard to grind in?

I mean the kelp beds is also level 25 but it's bosses are only a fraction of the price, there has to be SOMETHING up right?
What is it about Frost Delver and Stone Borer that make them so much more expensive than the other bosses? Were they given a much lower drop rate for some reason? Do they just appear to battle less often? Is it because the Golem Workshop is hard to grind in?

I mean the kelp beds is also level 25 but it's bosses are only a fraction of the price, there has to be SOMETHING up right?
Definitely because the Golem Workshop is tedious to farm in. People go all the way up to Kelp Beds with fodder leveling builds (Mire Flyers, for example, and you can take 2 Berserker meta dragons and a fodder into Kelp Beds and be relatively safe). But you can't take fodder into Golem Workshop without a lot of refreshing and a lot of dying. You can also level to 25 without ever touching Golem Workshop. Because people overall spend less time there, overall less bosses drop.
Definitely because the Golem Workshop is tedious to farm in. People go all the way up to Kelp Beds with fodder leveling builds (Mire Flyers, for example, and you can take 2 Berserker meta dragons and a fodder into Kelp Beds and be relatively safe). But you can't take fodder into Golem Workshop without a lot of refreshing and a lot of dying. You can also level to 25 without ever touching Golem Workshop. Because people overall spend less time there, overall less bosses drop.
they/them • 27 • FR+0

did Atropos even know you had a name?
or when she'd cut the line, that it would leave half my tale untold?

how could you leave half a tale untold?
@Shrine
I'm guessing it's a mixture of GW being intentionally more difficult to grind in than the kelpbeds and that they don't appear all that much?
@Shrine
I'm guessing it's a mixture of GW being intentionally more difficult to grind in than the kelpbeds and that they don't appear all that much?
9-F6-B0762-E746-471-B-9-A5-C-C2-D0-B32-B0-BB9.png
Yup yup Golem Workshop is harder than Kelp Beds. This means hardly anyone grinds there, fewer boss familiars, higher price.
Yup yup Golem Workshop is harder than Kelp Beds. This means hardly anyone grinds there, fewer boss familiars, higher price.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Ive never even lasted in the GW long enough to see a boss xD they sure are expensive on the AH..

10kg through 12kg...? dang..
Ive never even lasted in the GW long enough to see a boss xD they sure are expensive on the AH..

10kg through 12kg...? dang..
uughkkgfdjdbfjg golem workshop is so much harder than kelp beds. the creatures have a lot more health and they do way more damage!! u rly need a healer in ur team for gw, which most people don't have in a leveling team, and which also makes the process slower bc you have 2/3 of the combative hits.
uughkkgfdjdbfjg golem workshop is so much harder than kelp beds. the creatures have a lot more health and they do way more damage!! u rly need a healer in ur team for gw, which most people don't have in a leveling team, and which also makes the process slower bc you have 2/3 of the combative hits.
i don't want to be an adult. i don't want to "face the world" at work every day. i want to be snuggly buggly and cozy-wozy, preferably in my snuggly-buggly bed. PERIODT.
I got lucky in getting mine. I was doing the Xtreme Patience challenge and had gone around 150 fights in the Workshop without any familiars dropping. Needless to say, I was getting mad. My dragons weren't statted for the Workshop, and RNG was being a butt.

I jokingly said to myself that I'd get a boss drop before I hit 200 fights.

Lo and behold, on the 147th battle, the brown boss shows up. At this point I was in the don't-give-a-crap, let's just battle it out and see if I get lucky mode.

Thank god I was in that mode.

Let me just say - there is a reason they are expensive. It's because that area is a piece of crap to fight through.
I got lucky in getting mine. I was doing the Xtreme Patience challenge and had gone around 150 fights in the Workshop without any familiars dropping. Needless to say, I was getting mad. My dragons weren't statted for the Workshop, and RNG was being a butt.

I jokingly said to myself that I'd get a boss drop before I hit 200 fights.

Lo and behold, on the 147th battle, the brown boss shows up. At this point I was in the don't-give-a-crap, let's just battle it out and see if I get lucky mode.

Thank god I was in that mode.

Let me just say - there is a reason they are expensive. It's because that area is a piece of crap to fight through.
They/them/theirs pronouns please. Also if you'd prefer to call me by name instead of by my username, my favorite name is Scarlet.
75UHyX6.png
I hoard Crimson Emperors. Will pay 6-8kt per Emperor.