Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Different flights.
1 2
@UnboundPuppet

I've been in a few different flights since signing up, and only Water really feels like home to me. Granted, the other flights (Plague and Shadow) do have their merits though. Water has one of the chillest, most friendly communities I've encountered. There's a sense of unity here that I haven't really felt in the other flights. We have our own in-flight newspaper, an apparel bank, a battle bank... the list goes on. I've also notice that the Water forums seem more active than the other flights I've been in, but not so crazy that one would get lost. It's nice.

Plague was where I learned the true meaning of Dominance, having participated in Light vs Plague more than a year ago. It was the most fun I've ever really had on this site, having a massive goal to work towards with the rest of your flight equally as excited. It's something that has to be experienced really, my explanation really isn't doing it justice. That said, I ultimately left because the Plague flight backgrounds and aesthetic really weren't for me (though those red eyes were awesome), and aside from Dominance I can't think of anything particularly memorable about my time in Plague.

Strangely, I can't say all that much about Shadow. I hardly ever touched the Shadow Forums, and when I did I don't remember if I ever got responses or anything. Not sure if that was because of the way Shadow operates or what, but that did alienate me a bit. I also had some experiences while in that flight that nearly made me quit FR, but maybe that was just me. Shadow also doesn't really do Dominance very much, but when they do they put a really interesting spin on things like a giant game rather than a battle (again, it has to be experienced).

I hope this information helps in your decision!
@UnboundPuppet

I've been in a few different flights since signing up, and only Water really feels like home to me. Granted, the other flights (Plague and Shadow) do have their merits though. Water has one of the chillest, most friendly communities I've encountered. There's a sense of unity here that I haven't really felt in the other flights. We have our own in-flight newspaper, an apparel bank, a battle bank... the list goes on. I've also notice that the Water forums seem more active than the other flights I've been in, but not so crazy that one would get lost. It's nice.

Plague was where I learned the true meaning of Dominance, having participated in Light vs Plague more than a year ago. It was the most fun I've ever really had on this site, having a massive goal to work towards with the rest of your flight equally as excited. It's something that has to be experienced really, my explanation really isn't doing it justice. That said, I ultimately left because the Plague flight backgrounds and aesthetic really weren't for me (though those red eyes were awesome), and aside from Dominance I can't think of anything particularly memorable about my time in Plague.

Strangely, I can't say all that much about Shadow. I hardly ever touched the Shadow Forums, and when I did I don't remember if I ever got responses or anything. Not sure if that was because of the way Shadow operates or what, but that did alienate me a bit. I also had some experiences while in that flight that nearly made me quit FR, but maybe that was just me. Shadow also doesn't really do Dominance very much, but when they do they put a really interesting spin on things like a giant game rather than a battle (again, it has to be experienced).

I hope this information helps in your decision!
Vigorous Goblet I collect Vigorous Goblets
Vampire Hunting: Scatterquest

_____
Iron Treasure Chest Festival Shop
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
@PixelSpiral

Aww! You're a true windy! (I'm not a big corgi person either, although I like dogs in general.)

I feel you can be as laid back or as involved as you wanted in wind. I'm a laid back player, although I've become more involved this year than I've been since I was a newbie. I feel that the wind forum is mostly incidental, kind of like FR Discussion - more often you say hi to windies you see in passing on the main forum.

It's also got a very pleasant aesthetic.
@PixelSpiral

Aww! You're a true windy! (I'm not a big corgi person either, although I like dogs in general.)

I feel you can be as laid back or as involved as you wanted in wind. I'm a laid back player, although I've become more involved this year than I've been since I was a newbie. I feel that the wind forum is mostly incidental, kind of like FR Discussion - more often you say hi to windies you see in passing on the main forum.

It's also got a very pleasant aesthetic.
LxbWmll.png
Wind really IS relaxing xD
I absolutely LOVE the friendly community, and if your shy or just want the dragon thingie going on and nothing else, then it's a perfects flight c:
Wind really IS relaxing xD
I absolutely LOVE the friendly community, and if your shy or just want the dragon thingie going on and nothing else, then it's a perfects flight c:
unknown-2.png
@UnboundPuppet

Ice!
Our flight is a sort of "jack-of-all" kinda thing. We don't really have many cons, but not many pros either. We do have a slow forum, push for conquest quite a bit, and some active free hatcheries. Our people are nice, even though there are a select few who use the forums more than others, myself included, The Neutral eyes are also a big plus! We love cats and puns as well.

We support laid-back people! I mean, most icicles are just there for the eye color. You can benefit from our wide fodder market and familiar bank, as well as help with profit pushing if you so wish.
Our forums are slow, that's about it.
@UnboundPuppet

Ice!
Our flight is a sort of "jack-of-all" kinda thing. We don't really have many cons, but not many pros either. We do have a slow forum, push for conquest quite a bit, and some active free hatcheries. Our people are nice, even though there are a select few who use the forums more than others, myself included, The Neutral eyes are also a big plus! We love cats and puns as well.

We support laid-back people! I mean, most icicles are just there for the eye color. You can benefit from our wide fodder market and familiar bank, as well as help with profit pushing if you so wish.
Our forums are slow, that's about it.
she/he/they | fr + 3
Fire fligh is the second smallest flight. But don't let that stop you! We're close knit and help each other out all the time. Once you start talking in the forums you start to see familiar faces everywhere! We have a lot of subspecies including our mascot the Flambebe~
We love fire puns and fire related things and have world famous hot chocolate! and Mather's slightly burnt cookies
Ironically we are pretty chill and laid back. If you want to chat everyone is willing to, art? No problem, we got you. Dragons? Sure thing!
I even run a battlestone bank run entirely on donations
Fire fligh is the second smallest flight. But don't let that stop you! We're close knit and help each other out all the time. Once you start talking in the forums you start to see familiar faces everywhere! We have a lot of subspecies including our mascot the Flambebe~
We love fire puns and fire related things and have world famous hot chocolate! and Mather's slightly burnt cookies
Ironically we are pretty chill and laid back. If you want to chat everyone is willing to, art? No problem, we got you. Dragons? Sure thing!
I even run a battlestone bank run entirely on donations
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
@UnboundPuppet

If you just want raise dragons, I would recommend choosing flights based on the background of the pages and the eye colour :)
For me, the top background is Nature, but it's what you like the best. Visit people of different flight's lairs, and see what the backgo u dlooks like.

Also, eye colour is pretty important for some people.
Ice goes with every dragon colour, but many prefer boldly coloureds eyes :)
Lastly, you aren't obligated to join 'x' flight. Join on what you prefer, since it'll be another 6 months before you can change!
@UnboundPuppet

If you just want raise dragons, I would recommend choosing flights based on the background of the pages and the eye colour :)
For me, the top background is Nature, but it's what you like the best. Visit people of different flight's lairs, and see what the backgo u dlooks like.

Also, eye colour is pretty important for some people.
Ice goes with every dragon colour, but many prefer boldly coloureds eyes :)
Lastly, you aren't obligated to join 'x' flight. Join on what you prefer, since it'll be another 6 months before you can change!
@UnboundPuppet
Nature flight is very laid back. The forums are generally pretty slow but everyone I've encountered is nice! The Greenskeeper Gathering is coming up so things might be a bit more active for a while!

We have a lore writing circle, a topic called Rainbow Sprouts which is an LGBTQ+ friendly group, and various other groups and games.
@UnboundPuppet
Nature flight is very laid back. The forums are generally pretty slow but everyone I've encountered is nice! The Greenskeeper Gathering is coming up so things might be a bit more active for a while!

We have a lore writing circle, a topic called Rainbow Sprouts which is an LGBTQ+ friendly group, and various other groups and games.
1 2