Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight rising headcanons! Baked goods!
1 2
Flight rising head-canons: Baked goods

Earth: Simple recipes as old as time, bread, with a hard salted crust, buns with meaty fillings. This flight isn't the most creative with their bakeries, but the food is simple and most enjoy the dry tastes.

Fire: Pastries with molten fillings, like the hot lava they live with. Cakes filled with hot potash peach jam, breads flavored by smoking them in hardwood fires. Spicy peppers are also enjoyed in baking with this flight.

Water: Now the soggy waves aren't the best place for baking, but this flight manages to make good soft, white breads, and moist cakes. Their favorite flavors come from juice made of kelp mixed in the dough, adding a strange yet enjoyable flavor.

Wind: Just like this flight's native denizens, the spirals, their baked goods are twisted, dough heavily churned before baking. Some common foods from this flight are pretzels, salted and flavored to taste, and tossed flatbreads.

Shadow: this flight's baked goods are very odd to say the least. They seem to be left to mold with edible fungi, and then baked to make strange mushroomy breads. This flight also has a soft spot for making chocolate to go on their baked brittles.

Light: this clan loves their breads fluffy, mostly air with just a thin crisp of sweet bread. They love powdered sugar, dousing their baked goods with it like it's ambrosia.

Plague: this clan isn't the biggest fan of baking. The pools of infection make for quickly rotten bread. But meat breads are sometimes made, with venison being a favorite filling.

Lighting: quickly made chips are what this flight makes. Buttery with just a hint of salt, for a quick snack before work needs to start again.

Nature: Herbal breads with honey fillings are common in this flight. The honey is harvested without harming the bumble hives, and the herbs are grown in small groves.

Ice: this flight is fond of hard, long lasting breads. Baked for a hard crunchy texture, these breads are only for the dragons with the strongest teeth.

Arcane: Arcane is the flight with the sweetest baked goods. So teeth rottingly sweet you'd think your jaw would fall out. They love jam, made from fruits and mushrooms.
Flight rising head-canons: Baked goods

Earth: Simple recipes as old as time, bread, with a hard salted crust, buns with meaty fillings. This flight isn't the most creative with their bakeries, but the food is simple and most enjoy the dry tastes.

Fire: Pastries with molten fillings, like the hot lava they live with. Cakes filled with hot potash peach jam, breads flavored by smoking them in hardwood fires. Spicy peppers are also enjoyed in baking with this flight.

Water: Now the soggy waves aren't the best place for baking, but this flight manages to make good soft, white breads, and moist cakes. Their favorite flavors come from juice made of kelp mixed in the dough, adding a strange yet enjoyable flavor.

Wind: Just like this flight's native denizens, the spirals, their baked goods are twisted, dough heavily churned before baking. Some common foods from this flight are pretzels, salted and flavored to taste, and tossed flatbreads.

Shadow: this flight's baked goods are very odd to say the least. They seem to be left to mold with edible fungi, and then baked to make strange mushroomy breads. This flight also has a soft spot for making chocolate to go on their baked brittles.

Light: this clan loves their breads fluffy, mostly air with just a thin crisp of sweet bread. They love powdered sugar, dousing their baked goods with it like it's ambrosia.

Plague: this clan isn't the biggest fan of baking. The pools of infection make for quickly rotten bread. But meat breads are sometimes made, with venison being a favorite filling.

Lighting: quickly made chips are what this flight makes. Buttery with just a hint of salt, for a quick snack before work needs to start again.

Nature: Herbal breads with honey fillings are common in this flight. The honey is harvested without harming the bumble hives, and the herbs are grown in small groves.

Ice: this flight is fond of hard, long lasting breads. Baked for a hard crunchy texture, these breads are only for the dragons with the strongest teeth.

Arcane: Arcane is the flight with the sweetest baked goods. So teeth rottingly sweet you'd think your jaw would fall out. They love jam, made from fruits and mushrooms.
I think Wind would also be the fusion food capital of Sornieth, taking ideas of each of the other flights and Wind-ising them. I think Wind would be the king of dipping sauces and toppings when it comes to pretzels, flatbreads, and breadsticks!
I think Wind would also be the fusion food capital of Sornieth, taking ideas of each of the other flights and Wind-ising them. I think Wind would be the king of dipping sauces and toppings when it comes to pretzels, flatbreads, and breadsticks!
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
[quote name="PiecesOSky" date=2017-05-09 08:40:32] I think Wind would also be the fusion food capital of Sornieth, taking ideas of each of the other flights and Wind-ising them. I think Wind would be the king of dipping sauces and toppings when it comes to pretzels, flatbreads, and breadsticks! [/quote] Yes! That would be good and tasty!
PiecesOSky wrote on 2017-05-09:

Yes! That would be good and tasty!
how dare you now i wanna eat
how dare you now i wanna eat
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
Shadow would be amazing at making cheese and cheesy snacks because they have access to fungus and stuff as you mentioned
Shadow would be amazing at making cheese and cheesy snacks because they have access to fungus and stuff as you mentioned
Uw1G2JB.png
*SLAMS FIST ON TABLE*
THIS IS WHAT I COME HERE FOR
*SLAMS FIST ON TABLE*
THIS IS WHAT I COME HERE FOR
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
'Just a light snack'
'Just a light snack'
8XINyeM.png-Homa3Wo.png-sCV73Cw.png
The meme it originated from is disgustingly old at this point, but, Shadow flight absolutely loves their cookies. We have a subspecies for it and everything, even though I don't have any personally ^^
The meme it originated from is disgustingly old at this point, but, Shadow flight absolutely loves their cookies. We have a subspecies for it and everything, even though I don't have any personally ^^
MIaB7gw.png
Ooh, I like the headcanon for Water's bread. I know there's this Welsh bread called laverbread that's made with a type of seaweed called laver, which they make by boiling the seaweed and pureeing it before rolling the resulting paste in oatmeal before frying. It's likely that Water flight would have bread like that.
Ooh, I like the headcanon for Water's bread. I know there's this Welsh bread called laverbread that's made with a type of seaweed called laver, which they make by boiling the seaweed and pureeing it before rolling the resulting paste in oatmeal before frying. It's likely that Water flight would have bread like that.
Na5WGHa.png
For some reason my mind jumped to caramel apples and cinnamon candy. Fire would have those. We also just make batches of plain cookies but then we dunk them in melted chocolate(it hides the burns). Fondue too for other things. If you can melt it we'll likely eat it on something else. Also don't forget smores. Most isn't baked goods but you can't get a Fire-flighter to talk about only one type of food.
For some reason my mind jumped to caramel apples and cinnamon candy. Fire would have those. We also just make batches of plain cookies but then we dunk them in melted chocolate(it hides the burns). Fondue too for other things. If you can melt it we'll likely eat it on something else. Also don't forget smores. Most isn't baked goods but you can't get a Fire-flighter to talk about only one type of food.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
1 2