Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Non-exalt lairs?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@sansyfresh that's what I was referring to :( Not exalting dragons you've bred yourself would, in fact, be the easy part - just don't breed. But what do you do if you want to get rid of a dragon you've got from another player? Where does it go? Your answer is ostensibly "to another non-exalt lair". And then where? Also, I'm sorry to be nosy and it's really none of my business, but you say above: [quote]I have exalted dragons, but they have always been my own dragons, never someone else's.[/quote] You seem to think a dragon you've got from another player still belongs to them, in a sense, rather than becoming your own dragon. While this is a valid point of view and I'm not judging you for it, you should know it's an extremely unpopular opinion and the very creators of the game have lashed out on it pretty harshly at some point. It's a sore subject and some people will react to it strongly if you get into an argument.
@sansyfresh that's what I was referring to :( Not exalting dragons you've bred yourself would, in fact, be the easy part - just don't breed. But what do you do if you want to get rid of a dragon you've got from another player? Where does it go? Your answer is ostensibly "to another non-exalt lair". And then where?

Also, I'm sorry to be nosy and it's really none of my business, but you say above:
Quote:
I have exalted dragons, but they have always been my own dragons, never someone else's.
You seem to think a dragon you've got from another player still belongs to them, in a sense, rather than becoming your own dragon. While this is a valid point of view and I'm not judging you for it, you should know it's an extremely unpopular opinion and the very creators of the game have lashed out on it pretty harshly at some point. It's a sore subject and some people will react to it strongly if you get into an argument.
Pings are cool!

It's @sqld,
with a lowercase
L, not @sqid.
--- Money-making guide

Cycled items guide

G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
--
92N6u9f.png
Heh. Profit exaltier here.

I don't exalt gifts (only once, and that was a mistake, didn't realize what the button did until I pressed it). And I don't exalt expensive dragons or those of sentimental value. Anything else is fair game when I get tired of them.
Heh. Profit exaltier here.

I don't exalt gifts (only once, and that was a mistake, didn't realize what the button did until I pressed it). And I don't exalt expensive dragons or those of sentimental value. Anything else is fair game when I get tired of them.
1dgHJ.gif
I mean if I need funds and I just don't feel like playing in the Fairgrounds, recently I myself have taken interest in profit exalting. Though it's just offspring from dragons in my lair, because they aren't ones I've spent treasure or gems on.

(Until recent I've only exalted like 100-110 so far)

Any other time though I'm a semi non exalt lair. I still have a lot of original dragons I got within my first month on here.

I mean if I need funds and I just don't feel like playing in the Fairgrounds, recently I myself have taken interest in profit exalting. Though it's just offspring from dragons in my lair, because they aren't ones I've spent treasure or gems on.

(Until recent I've only exalted like 100-110 so far)

Any other time though I'm a semi non exalt lair. I still have a lot of original dragons I got within my first month on here.

tsKE8q5.png 11nVSmV.png

LF Vibrant Dragons

Art Dump!

Tot's Extra Dergs

IlQRgS6.png

I don't like exalting dragons that are mine or those that belong to a strong lore pair of mine - anyone else is fair game. Which is why I have so few dragons. I only buy dragons I know I will keep for a long time.

The ones I usually exalt are dragons bought on a whim and regretted latet.
I don't like exalting dragons that are mine or those that belong to a strong lore pair of mine - anyone else is fair game. Which is why I have so few dragons. I only buy dragons I know I will keep for a long time.

The ones I usually exalt are dragons bought on a whim and regretted latet.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
XD

Definitely don't look at page 2-3, no familiars, and over half of the fodder are called snowball. I'm a profit pusher, so in retrospect I exalt for the monies $$$. I usually buy dragons 6500-7500 though and level them up so I can get 2-3 times more than what I bought them for.

I do, buy cheap gen ones that I can gene and keep. Been getting rid of/exalting my older dragons because of it as well lol
XD

Definitely don't look at page 2-3, no familiars, and over half of the fodder are called snowball. I'm a profit pusher, so in retrospect I exalt for the monies $$$. I usually buy dragons 6500-7500 though and level them up so I can get 2-3 times more than what I bought them for.

I do, buy cheap gen ones that I can gene and keep. Been getting rid of/exalting my older dragons because of it as well lol
93158198.png Zeph (26)
They/Them
FR time +3
I don't buy dragons to exalt. I just hatch my own. That may change in the future, but for now I don't see the purpose.
I don't buy dragons to exalt. I just hatch my own. That may change in the future, but for now I don't see the purpose.
maGaaTX.png Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.
-Revelation 4: 8b
W1ufEjp.png
I know people who've been here since 2013 and have never exalted a single dragon from their lair before, so it's definitely do-able. I can't though.
I know people who've been here since 2013 and have never exalted a single dragon from their lair before, so it's definitely do-able. I can't though.
87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
@sansyfresh

I personally do not believe that there is such a lair in existence. It is almost impossible to be a non-exalt lair and still play the game especially if you never want to see any of the dragons you breed exalted.

If you want to be a non-exalt lair then you would eventually come to an impasse where you could not sell your dragons, nor could you breed any more dragons because you have a maxed out lair.

If you want to be a truly non-exalt lair you cannot breed. Breeding adds dragons to your lair that when you cannot sell them you are stuck with them. You are a non-exalt lair so you cannot exalt the dragons. If you do then you become a hypocrite.

Also once you sell a dragon to anyone for any reason and it leaves your lair and enters another lair it becomes the property of who bought it. No matter how much they paid for the dragon whether it be 5000 treasure or 5,000,000 treasure if they choose to exalt it ultimately it would be their choice and there is not anything you can do about it.

People exalt for many different reasons and it is their decision about those reasons.

Now I do have a question for you to consider and answer.

Why do you consider yourself a non-exalt lair to begin with?

Do you not know the lore behind exalting a dragon is to elevate it to serve the deity. It is not killing a dragon but sending them on to a higher purpose. Perhaps you should look at the lore behind exalting before you think it may be a bad thing. Here on Flight Rising exaltation of a dragon is supposed to be the ultimate honor a dragon can have bestowed upon them. To be chosen to personally serve their Deity. It is a transcendence not a death.
@sansyfresh

I personally do not believe that there is such a lair in existence. It is almost impossible to be a non-exalt lair and still play the game especially if you never want to see any of the dragons you breed exalted.

If you want to be a non-exalt lair then you would eventually come to an impasse where you could not sell your dragons, nor could you breed any more dragons because you have a maxed out lair.

If you want to be a truly non-exalt lair you cannot breed. Breeding adds dragons to your lair that when you cannot sell them you are stuck with them. You are a non-exalt lair so you cannot exalt the dragons. If you do then you become a hypocrite.

Also once you sell a dragon to anyone for any reason and it leaves your lair and enters another lair it becomes the property of who bought it. No matter how much they paid for the dragon whether it be 5000 treasure or 5,000,000 treasure if they choose to exalt it ultimately it would be their choice and there is not anything you can do about it.

People exalt for many different reasons and it is their decision about those reasons.

Now I do have a question for you to consider and answer.

Why do you consider yourself a non-exalt lair to begin with?

Do you not know the lore behind exalting a dragon is to elevate it to serve the deity. It is not killing a dragon but sending them on to a higher purpose. Perhaps you should look at the lore behind exalting before you think it may be a bad thing. Here on Flight Rising exaltation of a dragon is supposed to be the ultimate honor a dragon can have bestowed upon them. To be chosen to personally serve their Deity. It is a transcendence not a death.
Normal player here.

I don't really understand the division between 'exalt' and 'non-exalt' lairs most of the time. Thats probably because most players claiming to be either usually are just a form of normal players - keeping some dragons and exalting others. I only rarely see exaltlayers that only consist of a trainer or two and fodder or only fodder. A bit more often I come across non-exalters who in turn of events have stopped breeding and are milking the fairgrounds for the next expansion.

Since you litterally can't exalt other peoples dragons without hacking accounts ( which I hope non of you guys do) there is no need to differentiate at all.
Normal player here.

I don't really understand the division between 'exalt' and 'non-exalt' lairs most of the time. Thats probably because most players claiming to be either usually are just a form of normal players - keeping some dragons and exalting others. I only rarely see exaltlayers that only consist of a trainer or two and fodder or only fodder. A bit more often I come across non-exalters who in turn of events have stopped breeding and are milking the fairgrounds for the next expansion.

Since you litterally can't exalt other peoples dragons without hacking accounts ( which I hope non of you guys do) there is no need to differentiate at all.
I only exalt dom dragons/dragons I breed myself/dragons that no longer work with me, and I usually have kept those dragons for a while. So really, I'm not a non-exalting lair because that would never work for me.
I only exalt dom dragons/dragons I breed myself/dragons that no longer work with me, and I usually have kept those dragons for a while. So really, I'm not a non-exalting lair because that would never work for me.
tumblr_inline_qf7d4iYTRP1s3p7hf_500.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11