Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | TMW Grapefruit runes is just...
1 2 3
...a WAY better gold than gold runes! [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=14&breed=14&element=10&gender=1&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=7&wings=112&auth=9a3c00183426704be0a1e03b73931a3935fb79ea&dummyext=prev.png[/img] (gold) [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=14&breed=14&element=10&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=14&winggene=7&wings=112&auth=2ff91c723af2ed16515d77b3cdee52465699c79b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] (grapefruit)
...a WAY better gold than gold runes!

dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=14&breed=14&element=10&gender=1&tert=45&tertgene=14&winggene=7&wings=112&auth=9a3c00183426704be0a1e03b73931a3935fb79ea&dummyext=prev.png
(gold)

dragon?age=1&body=90&bodygene=14&breed=14&element=10&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=14&winggene=7&wings=112&auth=2ff91c723af2ed16515d77b3cdee52465699c79b&dummyext=prev.png
(grapefruit)
mmm yes please
mmm yes please
> sasser
any pronouns
> accent shop
9TbvK.gifEwSCN.gif576zR.gif
[quote name="@FreefallFlying" date=2016-09-30 02:46:59] mmm yes please [/quote] Thats right... I am allready thinking about getting a grapefruit golden dragon. XD
@FreefallFlying wrote on 2016-09-30:
mmm yes please

Thats right... I am allready thinking about getting a grapefruit golden dragon. XD
omg yes
omg yes
Piers || He/It/Pup || 20
I have nothing to contribute other than the fact that I had to Google what TMW meant.

Goldenrod runes though
I have nothing to contribute other than the fact that I had to Google what TMW meant.

Goldenrod runes though
dlx3JgZ.gif
@Ismaiel

you just broke my life...
@Ismaiel

you just broke my life...
A5i3AHB.png
@Heeroku

Not your world? In any case this reminds me so much of fruit/vegetable commercials! Don't they often enough advertise the healty stuff with heaving a 'golden color'? I just remembered some of them (Maize, carrots, kiwis, apples, grapes).
@Heeroku

Not your world? In any case this reminds me so much of fruit/vegetable commercials! Don't they often enough advertise the healty stuff with heaving a 'golden color'? I just remembered some of them (Maize, carrots, kiwis, apples, grapes).
In gold's defense, It's just supposed to be shiny, regal. And that isn't always blindingly bright. Gold IS a metal, after all, it can't be bright. It's metal, not lava or sparks. It came from the ground. IN art, gold isn't that bright of a color, either.

Grapefruit, on the other hand, is a fruit. As the name says. It isn't bound to the same metal-like properties as gold. Cuz' fruits are meant to be vibrant and colorful and appealing to the eye so creatures eat them and spread the seeds so they can live on.

What I'm saying is, gold is still the better gold. But, Grapefruit is beautiful and vibrant. I love grapefruit.
In gold's defense, It's just supposed to be shiny, regal. And that isn't always blindingly bright. Gold IS a metal, after all, it can't be bright. It's metal, not lava or sparks. It came from the ground. IN art, gold isn't that bright of a color, either.

Grapefruit, on the other hand, is a fruit. As the name says. It isn't bound to the same metal-like properties as gold. Cuz' fruits are meant to be vibrant and colorful and appealing to the eye so creatures eat them and spread the seeds so they can live on.

What I'm saying is, gold is still the better gold. But, Grapefruit is beautiful and vibrant. I love grapefruit.
@Leafeaon Yeah but gold (as most metalls) is VERY shiny as in reflective. The difference between really dark and blindingly light are huge. In the runes art gold looks.. like almost no light is visible. The grapefruit on the other hand has the stark contrast (even if its too orange for gold) I mean.. look at this pic: [img]https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/gold-ingot-21363068.jpg[/img] How bright the highlights are and how dark the shaded areas. Now our gold looks just flat XD
@Leafeaon

Yeah but gold (as most metalls) is VERY shiny as in reflective. The difference between really dark and blindingly light are huge. In the runes art gold looks.. like almost no light is visible. The grapefruit on the other hand has the stark contrast (even if its too orange for gold)

I mean.. look at this pic:
gold-ingot-21363068.jpg

How bright the highlights are and how dark the shaded areas. Now our gold looks just flat XD
Tbf if they made gold as bright as you'd like then we'd just have two really bright ones. Also, perhaps the gold is supposed to be more like its raw form before it's been smelted down and resolidified into bars.
Tbf if they made gold as bright as you'd like then we'd just have two really bright ones. Also, perhaps the gold is supposed to be more like its raw form before it's been smelted down and resolidified into bars.
QjxN3Ta.jpg
1 2 3