Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Shade Flight
1 2
Ok. So. I was in a few threads within the past few days, that were talking about what if there was a 12th flight, and what would it be. Several people mentioned being interested in a flight specifically for the Shade. I was thinking overnight, and I have an idea of how the admins could do this without having to drastically re-code or change everything that exists so far.

So, ok...here is how it would work:

There are 11 flight holidays, and then December is for the Nocturne. A few people said we'd have to change or mess with this. My idea is...no, we don't. The Shade Flight should NOT get a week holiday! They are evil...who would want to celebrate evil? (well, ok, there may be a few, but we won't go there XD) INSTEAD, The Shade Flight gets one (set or random) day per month. On that day, they get something. I'm not sure what yet, the admins would have to figure out what would be fair or equal to the regular flight holidays so that The Shade Flight doesn't get shorted.

A second thing about The Shade Flight. You cannot choose it as a beginner. You MUST have been here for a certain length of time. This is because The Shade Flight works as sort of an infection, almost. "Normal" dragons are tainted or touched by the shade, and eventually end up like the shade, or controlled by the shade. Admins would have to chose the appropiate length of time, though.

What does everyone think of this? I've also posted this over on the suggestion forum.

If FR did something like this, it's probably the only reason I would even think about changing flights :)
Ok. So. I was in a few threads within the past few days, that were talking about what if there was a 12th flight, and what would it be. Several people mentioned being interested in a flight specifically for the Shade. I was thinking overnight, and I have an idea of how the admins could do this without having to drastically re-code or change everything that exists so far.

So, ok...here is how it would work:

There are 11 flight holidays, and then December is for the Nocturne. A few people said we'd have to change or mess with this. My idea is...no, we don't. The Shade Flight should NOT get a week holiday! They are evil...who would want to celebrate evil? (well, ok, there may be a few, but we won't go there XD) INSTEAD, The Shade Flight gets one (set or random) day per month. On that day, they get something. I'm not sure what yet, the admins would have to figure out what would be fair or equal to the regular flight holidays so that The Shade Flight doesn't get shorted.

A second thing about The Shade Flight. You cannot choose it as a beginner. You MUST have been here for a certain length of time. This is because The Shade Flight works as sort of an infection, almost. "Normal" dragons are tainted or touched by the shade, and eventually end up like the shade, or controlled by the shade. Admins would have to chose the appropiate length of time, though.

What does everyone think of this? I've also posted this over on the suggestion forum.

If FR did something like this, it's probably the only reason I would even think about changing flights :)
giphy.gif
I actually made a thread about this awhile ago. I haven't updated it in awhile because i haven't had the energy to make more photoshops for it.
I actually made a thread about this awhile ago. I haven't updated it in awhile because i haven't had the energy to make more photoshops for it.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Interesting idea! Not entirely sure about how a holiday would work or if they should even get one at all.
Interesting idea! Not entirely sure about how a holiday would work or if they should even get one at all.
jGMxCMK.gif8wD7E2s.png
@Ragnarok42

Awesome - I'm not the best at photoshop, so I'll leave that to others :) I made sure to mention the idea of having a Shade Flight wasn't my idea, just the parts about how it could work.

(I'm still not sure what eye color would be good either) I was thinking that maybe they could be the only ones with a pattern to the eyes or something - they wouldn't have to be re-drawn, just colored differently or something.

@Ragnarok42

Awesome - I'm not the best at photoshop, so I'll leave that to others :) I made sure to mention the idea of having a Shade Flight wasn't my idea, just the parts about how it could work.

(I'm still not sure what eye color would be good either) I was thinking that maybe they could be the only ones with a pattern to the eyes or something - they wouldn't have to be re-drawn, just colored differently or something.

giphy.gif
@Tiitha

I don't think it would be very fair to give them nothing at all, which is why I thought a one day a month thing would be neat. It's not a holiday per se, we'd have to call it something else (Evil Ascends Day?) but then they wouldn't be left out.
@Tiitha

I don't think it would be very fair to give them nothing at all, which is why I thought a one day a month thing would be neat. It's not a holiday per se, we'd have to call it something else (Evil Ascends Day?) but then they wouldn't be left out.
giphy.gif
Solar Eclipse!
Maybe an occasional Lunar Eclipse too?
Solar Eclipse!
Maybe an occasional Lunar Eclipse too?
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
The deity dragon could be the Shade's Avatar.

A lone dragon egg, raided from a nest by the beast clans, somehow ends up deep in the territory that remains outside the control of any deity. And the Shade sees this as an opportunity to fight the dragons on equal terms. Despite the lack of elemental energies, the egg hatches into something.... Unlike any breed ever seen. And the Shade fills the mind and body of this youngling with strength, and thinks, "This is good."

The Shade unites the Beastclans and carves out terratory in the darkest corners of Sorneth. Slowly its influence begins to grow as its Beastclan allies kidnap eggs and young dragons, and spread the Shade's Taint to unwary groups of warriors. The taint works much like the status conditions of battle, except it won't go away. Except the poor dragons don't even know they have a status condition. It slowly consumes their minds until it's too late. Those who are tainted and exalted manage to be purified by their deity's power. (Or those who die before losing control are purged, depending on your headcanons about exalting.) But not all Tainted are so lucky. They turn on their elemental kin, and eventually flee their lairs to join their new brethren in the Shadelands.

When the Shade's Avatar finally reveals its existence, a warped and twisted black dragon god, more intimidating than an army of Emperors, it already has a huge Flight serving at its beck and call....
The deity dragon could be the Shade's Avatar.

A lone dragon egg, raided from a nest by the beast clans, somehow ends up deep in the territory that remains outside the control of any deity. And the Shade sees this as an opportunity to fight the dragons on equal terms. Despite the lack of elemental energies, the egg hatches into something.... Unlike any breed ever seen. And the Shade fills the mind and body of this youngling with strength, and thinks, "This is good."

The Shade unites the Beastclans and carves out terratory in the darkest corners of Sorneth. Slowly its influence begins to grow as its Beastclan allies kidnap eggs and young dragons, and spread the Shade's Taint to unwary groups of warriors. The taint works much like the status conditions of battle, except it won't go away. Except the poor dragons don't even know they have a status condition. It slowly consumes their minds until it's too late. Those who are tainted and exalted manage to be purified by their deity's power. (Or those who die before losing control are purged, depending on your headcanons about exalting.) But not all Tainted are so lucky. They turn on their elemental kin, and eventually flee their lairs to join their new brethren in the Shadelands.

When the Shade's Avatar finally reveals its existence, a warped and twisted black dragon god, more intimidating than an army of Emperors, it already has a huge Flight serving at its beck and call....
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
@KitalphaHart That's a cool idea as well!

@HondaYori

Oooh. Nice! The only thing I would dislike about this is that all of the Beastclans going to the Shade's side - in my personal lore, my clan is a sort of rogue clan because they have some Beastclan living with them, but these Beastclan are definitely NOT evil. My clan Does also have a handful of Shade-touched dragons living with them too though. (My H.P. Lovecraft dragons are all considered shade-touched.) And all the Beastclans going would mesh with official lore as well - I guess we'd have to see which way the admins would want to go with that.
@KitalphaHart That's a cool idea as well!

@HondaYori

Oooh. Nice! The only thing I would dislike about this is that all of the Beastclans going to the Shade's side - in my personal lore, my clan is a sort of rogue clan because they have some Beastclan living with them, but these Beastclan are definitely NOT evil. My clan Does also have a handful of Shade-touched dragons living with them too though. (My H.P. Lovecraft dragons are all considered shade-touched.) And all the Beastclans going would mesh with official lore as well - I guess we'd have to see which way the admins would want to go with that.
giphy.gif
@ysabol

I was mainly going off an idea I had once about an abandoned dragon egg hatching with the "shade's" element somehow and as I was typing it all just kind of... snowballed. XD I guess when I said "all Beastclan" I meant the openly hostile ones, like the kind you fight in the coli, since they would inflict the Taint much the same way status conditions are inflicted.
@ysabol

I was mainly going off an idea I had once about an abandoned dragon egg hatching with the "shade's" element somehow and as I was typing it all just kind of... snowballed. XD I guess when I said "all Beastclan" I meant the openly hostile ones, like the kind you fight in the coli, since they would inflict the Taint much the same way status conditions are inflicted.
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
@HondaYori

Awesome, I like it.

@HondaYori

Awesome, I like it.

giphy.gif
1 2