Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lightweaver's lair: random wind dragon?
I just noticed Lightweaver has a wind dragon in her lair... a progen named Boston, two years old Spiral male, no children, freckle gene. Why? How did it get there? Why does she have one and why is it a wind dragon? So I decided to check which other flight dragons have others in their lair, and Shadowbinder has one named Hope, progen female Tundra, two years old, no children and no genes (beyond basic). Fun fact: Boston is hatched right after Hope, according to their IDs. So why do the Shadowbinder and Lightweaver as only flight deities have a dragon in their clan? In case of the Lightweaver not even of their flight's element? Lightweaver's dragon: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=467419] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4675/467419_350.png[/img] [/url] Shadowbinder's dragon: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=467418] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4675/467418_350.png[/img] [/url]
I just noticed Lightweaver has a wind dragon in her lair... a progen named Boston, two years old Spiral male, no children, freckle gene. Why? How did it get there? Why does she have one and why is it a wind dragon?

So I decided to check which other flight dragons have others in their lair, and Shadowbinder has one named Hope, progen female Tundra, two years old, no children and no genes (beyond basic). Fun fact: Boston is hatched right after Hope, according to their IDs.

So why do the Shadowbinder and Lightweaver as only flight deities have a dragon in their clan? In case of the Lightweaver not even of their flight's element?

Lightweaver's dragon:

467419_350.png

Shadowbinder's dragon:

467418_350.png
ZNhRsiG.png
@adyya Hope and Boston are well-known members of the deities' lairs! They've been passed around several times. I'm not exactly sure where I read this, but I think they were hatched in memorial of the Boston bombing?

But yeah, we've known about them for quite a while. They lived together for a long time, and people have made jokes about their "forbidden love" now that they're apart.
@adyya Hope and Boston are well-known members of the deities' lairs! They've been passed around several times. I'm not exactly sure where I read this, but I think they were hatched in memorial of the Boston bombing?

But yeah, we've known about them for quite a while. They lived together for a long time, and people have made jokes about their "forbidden love" now that they're apart.
dhay-->Alicio-->Charioteer

Please ping me! I don't subscribe to my posts.
@Dhay:

Ah I see! I'm still pretty new, so I had no idea. They weren't in the lore either, but considering their symbolic significance, I understand. Their deities might want to feed them once in a while though ;)

Thank you for the explanation!
@Dhay:

Ah I see! I'm still pretty new, so I had no idea. They weren't in the lore either, but considering their symbolic significance, I understand. Their deities might want to feed them once in a while though ;)

Thank you for the explanation!
ZNhRsiG.png
@Adyya They've also been subject to experimentation (like flight changes. They're the only known dragons who have had their flight's changed! I think one used to be an Earth dragon!) And some fun community disputes (Both used to live in Lightweaver's lair, and then one moved to Shadowbinder. And Shadowbinder herself even mentioned them how 'her children always come home'). Light and Shadow used these guys as rallying cries for a dom battle or two even. :O

I wonder if there's a Wikia article about them?
@Adyya They've also been subject to experimentation (like flight changes. They're the only known dragons who have had their flight's changed! I think one used to be an Earth dragon!) And some fun community disputes (Both used to live in Lightweaver's lair, and then one moved to Shadowbinder. And Shadowbinder herself even mentioned them how 'her children always come home'). Light and Shadow used these guys as rallying cries for a dom battle or two even. :O

I wonder if there's a Wikia article about them?
84si1j.png
@Adyya

I've always been super-fascinated by Hope and Boston, so I'll share what I remember concerning lore, if that's cool. :D

Hope and Boston actually both used to be in Lightweaver's lair, funnily enough! Lightweaver said they were joining her for a dinner party, and Boston was a pretty enthusiastic eater. :P At the time they were both Earth dragons.

In 2014 - I want to say this was right before a Light vs Shadow dom battle, but I may be mistaken? - they both went over to Shadowbinder's lair. Both were Shadow dragons at this point in time. This thread's got quite a few deity screencaps in case you want to check'em out!

As raptorix mentioned, Shadowbinder referred to them as her "children", leading some to believe they were spies the entire time. At some point during Light vs Shadow, Boston returned to the Lightweaver and became a Wind dragon, and Hope has been with Shadowbinder ever since.
@Adyya

I've always been super-fascinated by Hope and Boston, so I'll share what I remember concerning lore, if that's cool. :D

Hope and Boston actually both used to be in Lightweaver's lair, funnily enough! Lightweaver said they were joining her for a dinner party, and Boston was a pretty enthusiastic eater. :P At the time they were both Earth dragons.

In 2014 - I want to say this was right before a Light vs Shadow dom battle, but I may be mistaken? - they both went over to Shadowbinder's lair. Both were Shadow dragons at this point in time. This thread's got quite a few deity screencaps in case you want to check'em out!

As raptorix mentioned, Shadowbinder referred to them as her "children", leading some to believe they were spies the entire time. At some point during Light vs Shadow, Boston returned to the Lightweaver and became a Wind dragon, and Hope has been with Shadowbinder ever since.
1221.png
He was #1.
The real issue: THEY AREN'T BEING FED @Shadowbinder TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN
The real issue: THEY AREN'T BEING FED @Shadowbinder TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN
Artemis | She/her | FR+1
@raptorix & @awerebear:

Oh wow I see! Thank you for enlightening me :D It all started with a dinner party huh? And they both used to be earth---how extraordinary! Did he Earthshaker ever comment on them changing flight element? I'll most definitely check out the thread, I am too invested in this game and its lore :P

@kriseis:

Indeed, neither of them are. Such irresponsible deities huh? Just like Windpapa who hasn't shown his face for two years I believe.
@raptorix & @awerebear:

Oh wow I see! Thank you for enlightening me :D It all started with a dinner party huh? And they both used to be earth---how extraordinary! Did he Earthshaker ever comment on them changing flight element? I'll most definitely check out the thread, I am too invested in this game and its lore :P

@kriseis:

Indeed, neither of them are. Such irresponsible deities huh? Just like Windpapa who hasn't shown his face for two years I believe.
ZNhRsiG.png