Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Contest closed. Judging now.
1 2 3 4
@dinomilkshakes

yes I did. I'e been on mobile until just now, so I've not been able to add you to the list.
@dinomilkshakes

yes I did. I'e been on mobile until just now, so I've not been able to add you to the list.
TJFyCyI.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngR6gKF9P.png
Hex0gCq.png
@MariaHill

lol okay! Do I qualify
@MariaHill

lol okay! Do I qualify
uugL5ac.pngKz7CqQ8.png5aRsYHl.pngq8TGdtq.pngAla0NjO.png
yes, you do. I've added you to the submission list.
@dinomilkshakes
yes, you do. I've added you to the submission list.
@dinomilkshakes
TJFyCyI.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngR6gKF9P.png
Hex0gCq.png
@MariaHill *cracks knuckles* I'll take a shot at writing a tale! The main characters of this story are two of my dragons: the (former pirate) captain of the The Bloody Pearl, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=112696&tab=dragon&did=24302719]Caroline Redtail[/url], and the ship's cook, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=112696&did=24302682]Ulrica[/url]. [s]Caroline's supposed to be a Pearlcatcher, but I haven't scrolled her yet.[/s] I hope that's okay. ^.^; [quote=A Run-In With Calico John] [color=orange]"Caroline? Do you remember the time you encountered that other pirate crew?"[/color] Ulrica inquires, munching on a cattail. Captain Redtail looks up from her snapdragons. [color=maroon]"Which one? Ye need t' be more specific. I ran int' a lotta other pirates out on tha' Sea o' One Thousand Currents."[/color] [color=orange]"I was thinking of the cute little Fae with map-like markings on his wings. What was his name again? Tabby Joe?"[/color] [color=maroon]"Calico John."[/color] [color=orange]"Oh, right!"[/color] The Tundra smiles. [color=orange]"I recall you writing a wonderful song about that day. Would you sing it for me again?"[/color] [color=maroon]"No."[/color] Caroline quickly shuts down the request. Ulrica frowns. [color=orange]"Pleeeeease?"[/color] she begs, giving the former pirate her best pleading look. The Pearlcatcher sighs in defeat. [color=maroon]"Fine. Jus' this once, I'll indulge ye."[/color] [color=orange]"YAY!"[/color] Caroline takes a deep breath and begins: [color=maroon][i]Back when I was younger 'n' braver, I was sailing 'round dawn When I found meself face t' face With Cap'n Calico John. He landed right 'ere on me snout 'N' monotoned in a tiny voice: "I hope you ran into my ship By chance, and not by choice." "Now, don't be so unfriendly," a Nocturne said, Comin' t' me rescue. "I'm Heidi the Rambra, by th' way. We're all pirates, jus' like you!" "This here's Luka, th' Light Sprite. Ursula's a pow'rful mage. Noelle fixes up all the ship's riggin' Whenever it breaks with age." "As for me, I'm the lookout! I saw yer ship coming this way. I was excited t' meet another pirate, But guess who wasn't-- our cap'n Fae." "Nice t' meet ya," I replied. "I come in peace, it's true." Heidi offered, "Why don't we all Share some rum and a shanty or two?" I do admit, I love me liquor, So I was quick to agree. We had a great time tellin' stories From our adventures on th' sea. After a while, I got int' a bit O' a "disagreement" with John. My mem'ry's a lil' hazy after that, Bu' fer a Fae, he's got quite some brawn. I woke up the next mornin' on me ship With scratches all over me pearl! Fearin' he would come attack it some more, I sailed away in a whirl. So I warn all ye landlubbers and scallawags, Lest ye suffer th' same fate: Steer clear of th' Cap'n Calico John 'N' his nasty Eliminate.[/i][/quote]
@MariaHill

*cracks knuckles* I'll take a shot at writing a tale!

The main characters of this story are two of my dragons: the (former pirate) captain of the The Bloody Pearl, Caroline Redtail, and the ship's cook, Ulrica. Caroline's supposed to be a Pearlcatcher, but I haven't scrolled her yet. I hope that's okay. ^.^;
A Run-In With Calico John wrote:
"Caroline? Do you remember the time you encountered that other pirate crew?" Ulrica inquires, munching on a cattail.

Captain Redtail looks up from her snapdragons. "Which one? Ye need t' be more specific. I ran int' a lotta other pirates out on tha' Sea o' One Thousand Currents."

"I was thinking of the cute little Fae with map-like markings on his wings. What was his name again? Tabby Joe?"

"Calico John."

"Oh, right!" The Tundra smiles. "I recall you writing a wonderful song about that day. Would you sing it for me again?"

"No." Caroline quickly shuts down the request.

Ulrica frowns. "Pleeeeease?" she begs, giving the former pirate her best pleading look.

The Pearlcatcher sighs in defeat. "Fine. Jus' this once, I'll indulge ye."

"YAY!"

Caroline takes a deep breath and begins:

Back when I was younger 'n' braver,
I was sailing 'round dawn
When I found meself face t' face
With Cap'n Calico John.

He landed right 'ere on me snout
'N' monotoned in a tiny voice:
"I hope you ran into my ship
By chance, and not by choice."

"Now, don't be so unfriendly," a Nocturne said,
Comin' t' me rescue.
"I'm Heidi the Rambra, by th' way.
We're all pirates, jus' like you!"

"This here's Luka, th' Light Sprite.
Ursula's a pow'rful mage.
Noelle fixes up all the ship's riggin'
Whenever it breaks with age."

"As for me, I'm the lookout!
I saw yer ship coming this way.
I was excited t' meet another pirate,
But guess who wasn't-- our cap'n Fae."

"Nice t' meet ya," I replied.
"I come in peace, it's true."
Heidi offered, "Why don't we all
Share some rum and a shanty or two?"

I do admit, I love me liquor,
So I was quick to agree.
We had a great time tellin' stories
From our adventures on th' sea.

After a while, I got int' a bit
O' a "disagreement" with John.
My mem'ry's a lil' hazy after that,
Bu' fer a Fae, he's got quite some brawn.

I woke up the next mornin' on me ship
With scratches all over me pearl!
Fearin' he would come attack it some more,
I sailed away in a whirl.

So I warn all ye landlubbers and scallawags,
Lest ye suffer th' same fate:
Steer clear of th' Cap'n Calico John
'N' his nasty Eliminate.
P5-StylizedTokyoSkylineDay.png METAVERSE
he/him
FR+3
Fandragon Hoarder
@MariaHill

A crying shame not more people competed, this event was a good shout.

Heres my entry, it's been in the works for a while. 363 words!
Edited to correct some grammar!

Chilly Horizons

Calico John's ship cruised slowly over the chilly waters of the southern icefield, having finished a scouting mission in the Fortress of Ends. This commission had been agreed to a few weeks ago at a market on the outskirts of the Hewn city - to a team of curious archeologists seeking broader, and apparently colder, horizons.

Both Ursula and John were skeptical on taking the commission at first due to the limited sources from tablets that the archeologists had found within the rubble, but after many groans and 'come onnn captain!' from Noelle, Heidi and Luka - Calico John gruffly agreed, suggesting that he and his crew should scout the area first before they all rushed into a mission headfirst. This was enough confirmation for Noelle to spiral upwards in joy, wanting to get started immediately.
Ursula rolled her eyes and slinked back to the ship to prepare a list of supplies they would need.

When they gathered all the clothes and food they would need, as well as additional parts just in case of any accidents, the crew set sail, ready for adventure and hopefully, treasure.

They had been given a map and translations of the tablets, and together they worked upon it to plan a route towards the target area, which with the help of Heidi's scouting, they found, an eerily quiet area in the ice domain near the fortress. This is where the tablets had led them.
Ursula looked at the sight blankly, glancing towards Noelle's crestfallen face at what now lay before them; a thick, plain sheet of ice with few cracks here and there, decorating the thick ice like veins on a wing.

Eventually, Luka decided to scout to try and lighten the mood. Using their small body, they slipped through to look ahead while their crew waited impatiently -hoping that the little sprite found something, anything to make their time worthwhile.

It seemed like hours before Luka burst through the crack they had come through, feathers bent and coat covered in frost. Their smile was wide and infectious, even though the crew did not yet know what to smile for.

"We have a hit, there's treasure afoot!"
@MariaHill

A crying shame not more people competed, this event was a good shout.

Heres my entry, it's been in the works for a while. 363 words!
Edited to correct some grammar!

Chilly Horizons

Calico John's ship cruised slowly over the chilly waters of the southern icefield, having finished a scouting mission in the Fortress of Ends. This commission had been agreed to a few weeks ago at a market on the outskirts of the Hewn city - to a team of curious archeologists seeking broader, and apparently colder, horizons.

Both Ursula and John were skeptical on taking the commission at first due to the limited sources from tablets that the archeologists had found within the rubble, but after many groans and 'come onnn captain!' from Noelle, Heidi and Luka - Calico John gruffly agreed, suggesting that he and his crew should scout the area first before they all rushed into a mission headfirst. This was enough confirmation for Noelle to spiral upwards in joy, wanting to get started immediately.
Ursula rolled her eyes and slinked back to the ship to prepare a list of supplies they would need.

When they gathered all the clothes and food they would need, as well as additional parts just in case of any accidents, the crew set sail, ready for adventure and hopefully, treasure.

They had been given a map and translations of the tablets, and together they worked upon it to plan a route towards the target area, which with the help of Heidi's scouting, they found, an eerily quiet area in the ice domain near the fortress. This is where the tablets had led them.
Ursula looked at the sight blankly, glancing towards Noelle's crestfallen face at what now lay before them; a thick, plain sheet of ice with few cracks here and there, decorating the thick ice like veins on a wing.

Eventually, Luka decided to scout to try and lighten the mood. Using their small body, they slipped through to look ahead while their crew waited impatiently -hoping that the little sprite found something, anything to make their time worthwhile.

It seemed like hours before Luka burst through the crack they had come through, feathers bent and coat covered in frost. Their smile was wide and infectious, even though the crew did not yet know what to smile for.

"We have a hit, there's treasure afoot!"
5aoNNRl.gif8Gxf263.gifWCTSwTe.gif
The contest is still open for submissions until 11:59pm fr time on the 9th
The contest is still open for submissions until 11:59pm fr time on the 9th
Hex0gCq.png
@MariaHill am I allowed to send you a link to a google doc?
@MariaHill am I allowed to send you a link to a google doc?
VE5UCDSz7jPciSXi.gif ||
||
||
||
Clan Helianthe
She/Her || +2 FR Time || Wind || Lore Lair || #144517

Perpetually busy insomiac in love with D&D, ARPGs & Dragons
Screaming over there is my constant mood, Helios
@Helianthe sure
@Helianthe sure
Hex0gCq.png
@mariahill Hooray for extra time! My entry: [quote=Tall Tale] "So there we were," the piebald fae told the bartender, "Sailing along minding our own business - " "And a few of the water flight's oyster pearls, harhar!" The dark striped nocturne interrupted. "Aye, all right, and a few pearls that nobody but the oysters would miss. We were starting to think about heading for a friendly port to sell a few odds and ends, when we saw an odd storm ahead, off the port bows." "One might say, an unnatural storm," the skydancer put in. "I could feel the magics swirling within even at that distance. Refill please?" The bartender refilled her ale, and topped off the fae and the nocturne while he was at it. The light sprite seemed to be using its beverage mainly for adding an amber hue to the shadow puppets it was making to accompany the story. The spiral held out her cup. "Must you?" the bartender asked. She nodded, and with a sigh, he refilled her coffee. "Now bein' a sensible fellow, I was all fer sailing around, or possibly in the opposite direction. I like the Corona in one piece, and you can't sell what’s at the bottom of the ocean! But these scurvy swabs wanted to check it out." "Don't call me scurvy," the skydancer interrupted. "I am a highly trained and powerful mage, and I happen to get plenty of vitamin C, thank you." "It looked interesting!" the spiral put in. “Well never let it be said that Calico John isn’t the bravest Captain on the seas of Sornieth! If me crew wanted to sail in, then in we sailed. It was a storm like no other. Thunder fit to shake Noelle out of the riggin’, and lightning the likes o’ which you’ve never seen – all colors, even. Winds that blew every direction, even straight up! It was the Stormcatcher’s own nightmare, I tell ye!” “Just when I was beginnin’ to think it was the end of us, we hit the eye of the storm. There in the center, we found a ship that looked like it had seen better centuries. No one answered our hails, we went aboard. That’s where we found it: an entire hold full o’ beautiful gilded treasure chests!” “It was a sight to warm the cockles of a pirate’s heart,” the nocturne put in. “Aye. We rescued every last one, and cached them all over, near every port o’ call we saw for months! It were a brilliant plan, me lad, we would’ve had riches to last us a lifetime!” The sea-dragons gave a sort of collective sigh, and raised their mugs in a toast. “To the lost hoard of the stormship!” The bartender quickly gave in to curiosity. “All right, captain, finish your story. What happened to all these gilded chests you buried?” “We lost the ruddy map, that’s what!” The bartender laughed and shook his head. What a tall tale! The pirates paid their tab, picked up their shovels, and headed for the beach. [/quote]
@mariahill Hooray for extra time! My entry:
Tall Tale wrote:

"So there we were," the piebald fae told the bartender, "Sailing along minding our own business - "

"And a few of the water flight's oyster pearls, harhar!" The dark striped nocturne interrupted.

"Aye, all right, and a few pearls that nobody but the oysters would miss. We were starting to think about heading for a friendly port to sell a few odds and ends, when we saw an odd storm ahead, off the port bows."

"One might say, an unnatural storm," the skydancer put in. "I could feel the magics swirling within even at that distance. Refill please?"

The bartender refilled her ale, and topped off the fae and the nocturne while he was at it. The light sprite seemed to be using its beverage mainly for adding an amber hue to the shadow puppets it was making to accompany the story.

The spiral held out her cup. "Must you?" the bartender asked. She nodded, and with a sigh, he refilled her coffee.

"Now bein' a sensible fellow, I was all fer sailing around, or possibly in the opposite direction. I like the Corona in one piece, and you can't sell what’s at the bottom of the ocean! But these scurvy swabs wanted to check it out."

"Don't call me scurvy," the skydancer interrupted. "I am a highly trained and powerful mage, and I happen to get plenty of vitamin C, thank you."

"It looked interesting!" the spiral put in.

“Well never let it be said that Calico John isn’t the bravest Captain on the seas of Sornieth! If me crew wanted to sail in, then in we sailed. It was a storm like no other. Thunder fit to shake Noelle out of the riggin’, and lightning the likes o’ which you’ve never seen – all colors, even. Winds that blew every direction, even straight up! It was the Stormcatcher’s own nightmare, I tell ye!”

“Just when I was beginnin’ to think it was the end of us, we hit the eye of the storm. There in the center, we found a ship that looked like it had seen better centuries. No one answered our hails, we went aboard. That’s where we found it: an entire hold full o’ beautiful gilded treasure chests!”

“It was a sight to warm the cockles of a pirate’s heart,” the nocturne put in.

“Aye. We rescued every last one, and cached them all over, near every port o’ call we saw for months! It were a brilliant plan, me lad, we would’ve had riches to last us a lifetime!”

The sea-dragons gave a sort of collective sigh, and raised their mugs in a toast. “To the lost hoard of the stormship!”

The bartender quickly gave in to curiosity. “All right, captain, finish your story. What happened to all these gilded chests you buried?”

“We lost the ruddy map, that’s what!”

The bartender laughed and shook his head. What a tall tale!

The pirates paid their tab, picked up their shovels, and headed for the beach.
We are still accepting entries until 11:59pm FR time on the 9th.
We are still accepting entries until 11:59pm FR time on the 9th.
Hex0gCq.png
1 2 3 4