Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Senior members remembering the old days
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[quote name="Xylom" date=2016-06-14 09:45:47] The whole "Obsidian/Obsidian/Ice" craze. [/quote] OH LORD I'm laughing the obsidian/obsidian/ice craze was amazing
Xylom wrote on 2016-06-14:
The whole "Obsidian/Obsidian/Ice" craze.

OH LORD I'm laughing the obsidian/obsidian/ice craze was amazing
LIo8D8G.gif
[quote name="Droiline" date=2016-06-15 02:09:18] When did Underbelly appear then? I can't imagine not taking tertiaries into account 0_0 [/quote] [center] @Droiline Underbelly came out on Sep 12, 2013. It was then that people realized that you really did need a dragon with a nice tert because tertiary genes were finally being released. @GoldenBeetle YES OH MY GOD. Again Ice Flight started that craze from a few members who were breeding those dragons. Iri/Shim/Circuit, Obsid/Obsid/Ice or Mid/Mid/Ice. I remember an Imp with those colors, and owning one, meant you were an "elite" member basically and people would pay buttloads to you just in hopes of owning a hatchling. [/center]
Droiline wrote on 2016-06-15:

When did Underbelly appear then? I can't imagine not taking tertiaries into account 0_0
@Droiline

Underbelly came out on Sep 12, 2013.

It was then that people realized that you really did need a dragon with a nice tert because tertiary genes were finally being released.

@GoldenBeetle

YES OH MY GOD. Again Ice Flight started that craze from a few members who were breeding those dragons. Iri/Shim/Circuit, Obsid/Obsid/Ice or Mid/Mid/Ice.
I remember an Imp with those colors, and owning one, meant you were an "elite" member basically and people would pay buttloads to you just in hopes of owning a hatchling.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
@Xylom

Ohhmyygoodd yes the rise of the obs/obs irishims. Never forgett. They were so expensive too.

Honestly to this day I still sometimes catch myself thinking "ofc Ice is the richest-no wait whoops this isn't 2013 anymore."
@Xylom

Ohhmyygoodd yes the rise of the obs/obs irishims. Never forgett. They were so expensive too.

Honestly to this day I still sometimes catch myself thinking "ofc Ice is the richest-no wait whoops this isn't 2013 anymore."
LIo8D8G.gif
I remember having to work out a pay plan for an ungened wildclaw (and a gened fae!),
panicking over egg rot
the hype when any new breed came out.
llllllllaaaaaaaaaagggggggg
having a smaller coliseum
the myth of Baldwin.
'feed the gods' drives
DRAGON SHAMING
site crashes

I remember having to work out a pay plan for an ungened wildclaw (and a gened fae!),
panicking over egg rot
the hype when any new breed came out.
llllllllaaaaaaaaaagggggggg
having a smaller coliseum
the myth of Baldwin.
'feed the gods' drives
DRAGON SHAMING
site crashes

*place egg here*-->
tumblr_inline_n69vi2Ef021qlye38.gif
I've not been here quite that long, but sounds like fun times! xD Let's see, my first festival was Wavecrest Saturnalia, when we had the sprites. There's been so many changes since then!! To this day I still can't coli without mentally separating the enemies by whether or not they were here when I joined. And it seems nobody does cape-shaming for one-egg nests anymore, and to that I say put a cape on it! xD
I've not been here quite that long, but sounds like fun times! xD Let's see, my first festival was Wavecrest Saturnalia, when we had the sprites. There's been so many changes since then!! To this day I still can't coli without mentally separating the enemies by whether or not they were here when I joined. And it seems nobody does cape-shaming for one-egg nests anymore, and to that I say put a cape on it! xD
vvTo3kO.png

syJrt1N.gif
When the only treasure tert was gembond, which I hated. T.T

The glorious day berserker stones finally started working properly. (though that was relatively recently, I think)

Buying my first (plentiful breed, triple basic) hatchling for 40kt.

Playing Jigsaw for aaaages because Artifracture and Tidal Trouble didn't exist.

That one time after downtime when staff sent everyone a gilded chest but some people got 20 by mistake omg.
When the only treasure tert was gembond, which I hated. T.T

The glorious day berserker stones finally started working properly. (though that was relatively recently, I think)

Buying my first (plentiful breed, triple basic) hatchling for 40kt.

Playing Jigsaw for aaaages because Artifracture and Tidal Trouble didn't exist.

That one time after downtime when staff sent everyone a gilded chest but some people got 20 by mistake omg.
when gems cost like 1:400 or something.
and light sprites only 100-200kt (at the time I thought It was too much so I never brought one, how stupid was I.....?)

when gems cost like 1:400 or something.
and light sprites only 100-200kt (at the time I thought It was too much so I never brought one, how stupid was I.....?)

insert funny joke here
I paid nearly 100k to receive a pearlcatcher. I was like tenth on the wait list and by the time I received my hatchling, PC hatched were down to like 50k and 100k when I paid the reserve was a ridiculous amount. What a waste.

And I gave away a free Sunchaser Jewelry. Boooy did I regret that when I had to repurchase one for like 3mil treasure. Now, I shudder to think about it.
I paid nearly 100k to receive a pearlcatcher. I was like tenth on the wait list and by the time I received my hatchling, PC hatched were down to like 50k and 100k when I paid the reserve was a ridiculous amount. What a waste.

And I gave away a free Sunchaser Jewelry. Boooy did I regret that when I had to repurchase one for like 3mil treasure. Now, I shudder to think about it.
tumblr_ntrk5fRxsj1sk2f1lo1_500.png
The time I sold my spare light sprite for 90k, just before noticing the "2013" in the description signifying that they wouldn't be back next year...

Selling a KS skin for enough treasure to buy a random Guardian hatchling.

Worrying about inbreeding and having enough fresh blood, so coordinating with other players to make sure we exchanged second generation hatchlings (I still have two of those dragons I traded for!)

Getting one of the first gilded chests from Swipp and almost convincing another player to pay 200k for it (for the record that was before we knew we could get them from familiars!)
The time I sold my spare light sprite for 90k, just before noticing the "2013" in the description signifying that they wouldn't be back next year...

Selling a KS skin for enough treasure to buy a random Guardian hatchling.

Worrying about inbreeding and having enough fresh blood, so coordinating with other players to make sure we exchanged second generation hatchlings (I still have two of those dragons I traded for!)

Getting one of the first gilded chests from Swipp and almost convincing another player to pay 200k for it (for the record that was before we knew we could get them from familiars!)
kalsaccentbanner2tiny_by_kaljaia-d9dlyep.png
I remember trading a ridgeback breed scroll for the possibility of getting the offspring of the parents, because breed change scrolls were ridiculously expensive and at the time, the site was so new that a single breeding cycle made an enormous difference.

I still have my progens and a lot of the first imperials @Lune gifted me. And I still have that ridgeback baby from the nest I traded the breed change scroll for.

Besides that I remember playing runestones to get treasure for a lot of the early stuff I wanted, and making sure to farm a lot of the festival stuff. Buying those gene scrolls for my progen felt really good once I finally had the treasure for it!
I remember trading a ridgeback breed scroll for the possibility of getting the offspring of the parents, because breed change scrolls were ridiculously expensive and at the time, the site was so new that a single breeding cycle made an enormous difference.

I still have my progens and a lot of the first imperials @Lune gifted me. And I still have that ridgeback baby from the nest I traded the breed change scroll for.

Besides that I remember playing runestones to get treasure for a lot of the early stuff I wanted, and making sure to farm a lot of the festival stuff. Buying those gene scrolls for my progen felt really good once I finally had the treasure for it!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11