Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Changes to dragon colors?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Zenzic

Gold Cry/Fac is currently using the wrong palette. The admins are working to fix it, so the change is only temporary. ^.^

Edit: Oops, got ninja'd!
@Zenzic

Gold Cry/Fac is currently using the wrong palette. The admins are working to fix it, so the change is only temporary. ^.^

Edit: Oops, got ninja'd!
P5-StylizedTokyoSkylineDay.png METAVERSE
he/him
FR+3
Fandragon Hoarder
@Sopheroo @Nympharia

Oh thank goodness. XD I totally misread the news post and thought the new palette was something they changed it to on purpose because the old palette was a mistake!

(sorry for the double ping, FR decided to duplicate my post there. o_o)
@Sopheroo @Nympharia

Oh thank goodness. XD I totally misread the news post and thought the new palette was something they changed it to on purpose because the old palette was a mistake!

(sorry for the double ping, FR decided to duplicate my post there. o_o)
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
@zenzic Don't worry! I was a little upset too, but it's gonna be fixed! Just for fun [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/176620/17661978_350.png[/img] This is Luca, my Gold/Gold/Banana Noc [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/178026/17802573_350.png[/img] And Francis, who is Lemon/Lemon/Banana :D
@zenzic

Don't worry! I was a little upset too, but it's gonna be fixed!

Just for fun

17661978_350.png

This is Luca, my Gold/Gold/Banana Noc

17802573_350.png

And Francis, who is Lemon/Lemon/Banana

:D
@Sopheroo

I'm so glad. XD I was wondering why in the world they'd get rid of Gold's crystal/facet palette and replace it for one that looked identical to Lemon's.

Haha, wow, it's super obvious that way!
Accidental twins. XD
@Sopheroo

I'm so glad. XD I was wondering why in the world they'd get rid of Gold's crystal/facet palette and replace it for one that looked identical to Lemon's.

Haha, wow, it's super obvious that way!
Accidental twins. XD
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Three out of my four seafoam dragons are now to bright. Ones a gened gen1, another is my first free dragon, and the last is a 6-digit XYY. The only one who looks fine? A fae with nothing particularly important to me. -_- The color doesn't look bad, it just doesn't match those dragons anymore.

I was really worried when I read this and saw sky as one of the changed ones. I was glad to see my random progen and his gened daughter looked the same. Although my sky/sky/obs girl that I used to love so much will probably be sold.

Rose I have mixed feelings about since Cherry Blossom looks to bright now but it looks good on Arrosa. I don't really mind the change in ice but the change in maize is upsetting. It's to bright on pretty much all my dragons.
Three out of my four seafoam dragons are now to bright. Ones a gened gen1, another is my first free dragon, and the last is a 6-digit XYY. The only one who looks fine? A fae with nothing particularly important to me. -_- The color doesn't look bad, it just doesn't match those dragons anymore.

I was really worried when I read this and saw sky as one of the changed ones. I was glad to see my random progen and his gened daughter looked the same. Although my sky/sky/obs girl that I used to love so much will probably be sold.

Rose I have mixed feelings about since Cherry Blossom looks to bright now but it looks good on Arrosa. I don't really mind the change in ice but the change in maize is upsetting. It's to bright on pretty much all my dragons.
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
The change looks great on some dragons, but a little gaudy on others. :'0 I love the new Maize, though! It always bothered me how dull and grey Maize's shading was on all non-recent breeds, so I'm really happy that it's such a nice cream colour now. I might remove Cherub from my Maize/Banana/Maize Imperial girl!

@Spewpa - As far as I remember, the only change they're making to Iridescent and Shimmer is the lineart for the starter breeds-- it's black instead of tinted like every other breed's Iri/Shim, so they're just going to be tinting the lineart a bit. It shouldn't be a really drastic change, and I don't think they'll be making any changes to the shading or colours themselves. :o

None of the non-starter breeds should be affected by the change.
The change looks great on some dragons, but a little gaudy on others. :'0 I love the new Maize, though! It always bothered me how dull and grey Maize's shading was on all non-recent breeds, so I'm really happy that it's such a nice cream colour now. I might remove Cherub from my Maize/Banana/Maize Imperial girl!

@Spewpa - As far as I remember, the only change they're making to Iridescent and Shimmer is the lineart for the starter breeds-- it's black instead of tinted like every other breed's Iri/Shim, so they're just going to be tinting the lineart a bit. It shouldn't be a really drastic change, and I don't think they'll be making any changes to the shading or colours themselves. :o

None of the non-starter breeds should be affected by the change.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I've only noticed a significant change to one of my dragon's colours so far: [IMG]http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u622/pixelatedollhouse/Non-sims/Venus%20Adult_zpskobpqo7t.png[/IMG] Old maize crackle vs [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2043179] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/20432/2043179_350.png[/img] [/url] Updated maize crackle I prefer the updated version, honestly.
I've only noticed a significant change to one of my dragon's colours so far:

Venus%20Adult_zpskobpqo7t.png

Old maize crackle

vs

2043179_350.png

Updated maize crackle

I prefer the updated version, honestly.
UwUnl7O.png
I am so genuinely angry about some of these colour changes. I have multiple dragons with green circuit who are now so dark and dingy looking that I just want to get rid of them! What's worse is I've had these dragons for years and loved the way they looked as they were quite bright and now they just look terrible.
I understand why it was done and that it needed to be done to create a uniform look to the site but that does not make my dragons pretty again.
In saying that, I don't really mind the changes to seafoam and ice at this point.
I am so genuinely angry about some of these colour changes. I have multiple dragons with green circuit who are now so dark and dingy looking that I just want to get rid of them! What's worse is I've had these dragons for years and loved the way they looked as they were quite bright and now they just look terrible.
I understand why it was done and that it needed to be done to create a uniform look to the site but that does not make my dragons pretty again.
In saying that, I don't really mind the changes to seafoam and ice at this point.
My ice dragons are ruined, honestly. I relied on the soft white & grey on basics.
Now they're blue and its fairly conflicting on some of my dragons to where it hurts my eyes.
The dragon on my icon was special and he's making me sad even looking at him.

I'm torn, wondering if it'd just be better to sell all of them off and or scatterscroll.
My ice dragons are ruined, honestly. I relied on the soft white & grey on basics.
Now they're blue and its fairly conflicting on some of my dragons to where it hurts my eyes.
The dragon on my icon was special and he's making me sad even looking at him.

I'm torn, wondering if it'd just be better to sell all of them off and or scatterscroll.
old poe [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/d0a4965883badf350eb03d63dac5f126/tumblr_o3oxw9UaJN1v0apl7o1_400.png[/img] new poe [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21278280] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/212783/21278280_350.png[/img] [/url] his secondary is too bright now D:
old poe
tumblr_o3oxw9UaJN1v0apl7o1_400.png
new poe

21278280_350.png

his secondary is too bright now D:
djAPICb.giftz8AK6D.pngtMGni6J.pngoY137o1.pngtz8AK6D.pngdjAPICb.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6