Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Light, Nature or Fire?
I've been considering a move for awhile, but I can't seem to figure out where. What do you have to say on these three flights or what would you recommend?

I picked these three for aesthetics but the thing I enjoy most for would probably be friendly and active forums (if you have anything to say on the general interests in a flight that would help) After that would be lore, and I also like a casual Dom fight here and there.
I've been considering a move for awhile, but I can't seem to figure out where. What do you have to say on these three flights or what would you recommend?

I picked these three for aesthetics but the thing I enjoy most for would probably be friendly and active forums (if you have anything to say on the general interests in a flight that would help) After that would be lore, and I also like a casual Dom fight here and there.
@AesSidhe [img]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/e/e9/Scorpwnd.gif[/img] GET OVER HERE to Fire! The community is very welcoming and friendly! We are involved with dom but not overbearing, and most times when we battle we seem to win. We have a Discord chat too and if you have a question and post it to our forums it will be answered! Everyone is very helpful, warm (keheh) and welcoming, so I'd say moving here is the way to go. We're a fairly small flight so everyone is pretty close knit too if you're into that. Our flight is pretty big on Pokemon, blacksmithing, art, and dominance.
@AesSidhe Scorpwnd.gif

GET OVER HERE to Fire! The community is very welcoming and friendly! We are involved with dom but not overbearing, and most times when we battle we seem to win. We have a Discord chat too and if you have a question and post it to our forums it will be answered! Everyone is very helpful, warm (keheh) and welcoming, so I'd say moving here is the way to go. We're a fairly small flight so everyone is pretty close knit too if you're into that. Our flight is pretty big on Pokemon, blacksmithing, art, and dominance.
@AesSidhe

(Hey, you have an excellent name!)

I only moved to Light recently, and so far it's very friendly and full of nice people! The forums are a bit quiet, though, so if you want active forums it's probably not your top choice.

There is a lot of dom, though, I think we've had a discount for a few weeks now. I haven't been terribly involved myself, though, so if you're pretty casual about it there's not much pressure.

Hopefully that helps you decide!
@AesSidhe

(Hey, you have an excellent name!)

I only moved to Light recently, and so far it's very friendly and full of nice people! The forums are a bit quiet, though, so if you want active forums it's probably not your top choice.

There is a lot of dom, though, I think we've had a discount for a few weeks now. I haven't been terribly involved myself, though, so if you're pretty casual about it there's not much pressure.

Hopefully that helps you decide!
Prairie Polearm

who is she
@AesSidhe
LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT
Friendly? Check
Active forms? eh sometimes
Lore? We have giant undead monstrosities! What's cooler than that?! We love our emperor babies
Casual dom? Eh sometimes were casual and sometimes we go a bit crazy :p
To put it simply were just one big family we a love and support each other through thick and thin
we love treasure,art,dom and most of all GLITTER
Also have you seen glittermom? She is fabulous!
@AesSidhe
LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT
Friendly? Check
Active forms? eh sometimes
Lore? We have giant undead monstrosities! What's cooler than that?! We love our emperor babies
Casual dom? Eh sometimes were casual and sometimes we go a bit crazy :p
To put it simply were just one big family we a love and support each other through thick and thin
we love treasure,art,dom and most of all GLITTER
Also have you seen glittermom? She is fabulous!
NXwxhXo.png
@AesSidhe

I'd have to agree with the others that Light forums are certainly very friendly, but are not always the most active. (Honestly though I don't think there's such a thing as a non-friendly flight on FR. You're guaranteed to find friendly people everywhere.)

I'd say that Light lore is quite interesting. At least, that's why I joined Light when I signed up! If you like scholars, knowledge, and libraries, and the dark secret underbelly parts like the Hewn City and emperors Light might be a good pick for you!

Dom-wise, it does seem we're always going crazy, doesn't it? But to be honest, it's easy to only casually participate in dom when you're in Light. Our motto for a long time has been "anyone can dom," so you can participate in it as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. Personally, I've never felt pressured by anyone to get involved. Honestly, for most pushes in the last year, I've barely participated because I'm busy a lot IRL.

However, I think it might be important to consider that with Light's current dom reputation, our dom fights will probably be the furthest you can possibly get from being casual if we're conquesting against someone else. (That is, if you can even call any conquest fight casual.) Profit pushes however, we do all the time and are always completely casual.

Hope that helps! :)
@AesSidhe

I'd have to agree with the others that Light forums are certainly very friendly, but are not always the most active. (Honestly though I don't think there's such a thing as a non-friendly flight on FR. You're guaranteed to find friendly people everywhere.)

I'd say that Light lore is quite interesting. At least, that's why I joined Light when I signed up! If you like scholars, knowledge, and libraries, and the dark secret underbelly parts like the Hewn City and emperors Light might be a good pick for you!

Dom-wise, it does seem we're always going crazy, doesn't it? But to be honest, it's easy to only casually participate in dom when you're in Light. Our motto for a long time has been "anyone can dom," so you can participate in it as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. Personally, I've never felt pressured by anyone to get involved. Honestly, for most pushes in the last year, I've barely participated because I'm busy a lot IRL.

However, I think it might be important to consider that with Light's current dom reputation, our dom fights will probably be the furthest you can possibly get from being casual if we're conquesting against someone else. (That is, if you can even call any conquest fight casual.) Profit pushes however, we do all the time and are always completely casual.

Hope that helps! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~ Awaken to your Fate ~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you everyone! I'm surpised to see Fire has an active community with how small it is, and I'm even more surpised that Light seems to be slow in their forums :O

Does anyone have any advice on what Nature is like?
Thank you everyone! I'm surpised to see Fire has an active community with how small it is, and I'm even more surpised that Light seems to be slow in their forums :O

Does anyone have any advice on what Nature is like?
@AesSidhe

I do! Nature is extremely friendly - newbies are inundated with offers of free dragons and other gifts, and there is a giant thread with activities newbies can do to earn prizes. I was surprised to receive a welcome pack when I joined. The forums are a safe place where flight members can show off their newest acquisitions, ask questions about FR, rant about their day, compare skins, or whatever! We do have special interest groups - for science, LGBT+, gardening, insects, writing, etc. In my experience, everyone is just really nice! As for lore, there are official threads for visiting the Gladekeeper's shrine, sharing Nature-related links of various sorts, and two days ago I saw someone open up a Conservatory for collecting the various dragon subspecies within Nature.

Dom isn't usually a big thing, but when we go, we go hard. We beat Ice last month, even when they pulled ahead during the last hour, by exalting thousands of dragons, and there is an in-flight network to optimize Dominance pushes. We also have intra-flight guilds that foster friendly competition to be the best at Dominance.

It's also a great time to join because we have Dom right now. ;)

Also, I really like your dragon named Antiscian. The white smoke is so dramatic with piebald!
@AesSidhe

I do! Nature is extremely friendly - newbies are inundated with offers of free dragons and other gifts, and there is a giant thread with activities newbies can do to earn prizes. I was surprised to receive a welcome pack when I joined. The forums are a safe place where flight members can show off their newest acquisitions, ask questions about FR, rant about their day, compare skins, or whatever! We do have special interest groups - for science, LGBT+, gardening, insects, writing, etc. In my experience, everyone is just really nice! As for lore, there are official threads for visiting the Gladekeeper's shrine, sharing Nature-related links of various sorts, and two days ago I saw someone open up a Conservatory for collecting the various dragon subspecies within Nature.

Dom isn't usually a big thing, but when we go, we go hard. We beat Ice last month, even when they pulled ahead during the last hour, by exalting thousands of dragons, and there is an in-flight network to optimize Dominance pushes. We also have intra-flight guilds that foster friendly competition to be the best at Dominance.

It's also a great time to join because we have Dom right now. ;)

Also, I really like your dragon named Antiscian. The white smoke is so dramatic with piebald!
1fTWTjV.png
@AesSidhe Come over to the dark side! wait that's for Shadow warm side! We're friendly and have as Asteri has already said, stuff for almost anyone! I've been here from the start and never felt liek I haven't been a part of the community :D Light is also pretty good and you'd probably run across a few Fire to Light users there. Like Llassie, who is forever pending between Fire and Light. If you do go Light give her a hello.
@AesSidhe Come over to the dark side! wait that's for Shadow warm side! We're friendly and have as Asteri has already said, stuff for almost anyone! I've been here from the start and never felt liek I haven't been a part of the community :D Light is also pretty good and you'd probably run across a few Fire to Light users there. Like Llassie, who is forever pending between Fire and Light. If you do go Light give her a hello.
@AesSidhe
I am in neither of these flights!

I am sure all flights have a lot of good members but I seen that light has the most bad apples. The average light player is nice, just I see more bad apples from light than any other flight. I do not know about dom or lore. Light does profit pushes a lot though.

Ok. For Fire flight, it's pretty amazing there. People are REALLY welcoming so anyone will fit there! I guess they are in dom a lot, I should look more often though. No idea on lore!

My sister is in Nature. It is actually pretty sweet over there, but surprisingly, I do not know a lot about Nature!

@AesSidhe
I am in neither of these flights!

I am sure all flights have a lot of good members but I seen that light has the most bad apples. The average light player is nice, just I see more bad apples from light than any other flight. I do not know about dom or lore. Light does profit pushes a lot though.

Ok. For Fire flight, it's pretty amazing there. People are REALLY welcoming so anyone will fit there! I guess they are in dom a lot, I should look more often though. No idea on lore!

My sister is in Nature. It is actually pretty sweet over there, but surprisingly, I do not know a lot about Nature!

rrt_smll_by_windy_breeze-da7prsu.gif