Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Can someone explain snipe guard?
So today I hatched a lovely swamp/ivory/swamp gen 1 girl with matching light eyes & I've gotten a lot of interest in her! I've decided to auction her, but I've never held one before! I'm still kinda confused how snipe guards are set up? Or supposed to work? Or whatever????
So if someone could help explain that I'd super appreciate it~

(Also for any curious, here's my interest check thread for her!)
So today I hatched a lovely swamp/ivory/swamp gen 1 girl with matching light eyes & I've gotten a lot of interest in her! I've decided to auction her, but I've never held one before! I'm still kinda confused how snipe guards are set up? Or supposed to work? Or whatever????
So if someone could help explain that I'd super appreciate it~

(Also for any curious, here's my interest check thread for her!)
I think it's every time a new bid is put on near the end, a select amount of time is added, so the previous high bidder can try again and not lose out to someone who slipped in with seconds to spare
I think it's every time a new bid is put on near the end, a select amount of time is added, so the previous high bidder can try again and not lose out to someone who slipped in with seconds to spare
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
@baelistair

Snipe guards are made to prevent sniping--which is when a person swoops in and wins things at the last second. It also allows last minute bidding wars which are a good thing for you. You can choose how much time to add to the auction and when they activate; for example, you could have a snipe guard that activates in the last five minutes of the auction and adds 30 minutes or whatever works best for you. I've seen a couple that add 24 hours, even.

Here's an example with a snipe guard that's activated in the last hour of an auction and adds one hour to it.

The auction ends at 15:00 server time.
Person A bids at 14:55 server time.
The auction is extended to 16:00 server time.
Person B bids at 15:35 server time.
The auction is extended to 17:00 server time.
Nobody bids.
The auction is won by Person B.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if people here have a limit on how many times the snipe guard can activate or not.
@baelistair

Snipe guards are made to prevent sniping--which is when a person swoops in and wins things at the last second. It also allows last minute bidding wars which are a good thing for you. You can choose how much time to add to the auction and when they activate; for example, you could have a snipe guard that activates in the last five minutes of the auction and adds 30 minutes or whatever works best for you. I've seen a couple that add 24 hours, even.

Here's an example with a snipe guard that's activated in the last hour of an auction and adds one hour to it.

The auction ends at 15:00 server time.
Person A bids at 14:55 server time.
The auction is extended to 16:00 server time.
Person B bids at 15:35 server time.
The auction is extended to 17:00 server time.
Nobody bids.
The auction is won by Person B.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if people here have a limit on how many times the snipe guard can activate or not.
LklXAGK.png
@Oceanas
Ok that... sorta makes sense... So it's kinda up to the seller what the constraints are?
@Oceanas
Ok that... sorta makes sense... So it's kinda up to the seller what the constraints are?
@baelistair

Correct! You decide how much time is added and when it activates. Just state what your snipe guard is in your first post and make sure you check the times people post to bid. :)
@baelistair

Correct! You decide how much time is added and when it activates. Just state what your snipe guard is in your first post and make sure you check the times people post to bid. :)
LklXAGK.png
@Oceanas
Okey dokey!!! Thanks so much for helping clarify it. All the auction guides I read had very mixed explanations lol
@Oceanas
Okey dokey!!! Thanks so much for helping clarify it. All the auction guides I read had very mixed explanations lol
@baelistair

Glad I could help. Good luck with your auction!
@baelistair

Glad I could help. Good luck with your auction!
LklXAGK.png
@baelistair

I had to google it recently too cause I didn't really understand, and I found this guide which does a pretty good job of explaining too.
@baelistair

I had to google it recently too cause I didn't really understand, and I found this guide which does a pretty good job of explaining too.
Q1Z6W1A.png
@Kysska
Oh WOW that's such a handy explanation!!! Ok that clears things up for me even more. Thank you so much!!!
@Kysska
Oh WOW that's such a handy explanation!!! Ok that clears things up for me even more. Thank you so much!!!