Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gathering Familiars - Success Stories?
I'm holding out hope for the Dunhoof and Hippojay, so tell me about your success stories with finding those ever-elusive Gathering familiars! Which ones did you find? If you can remember, which element did you find it in and how long did it take you? Bonus points if it was one you really, really wanted! Give me hope that it does happen. :')
I'm holding out hope for the Dunhoof and Hippojay, so tell me about your success stories with finding those ever-elusive Gathering familiars! Which ones did you find? If you can remember, which element did you find it in and how long did it take you? Bonus points if it was one you really, really wanted! Give me hope that it does happen. :')
FooterAds.gif
@AyalaAtreides I've gotten all except Hippojay and Darktouched Chimera so far (that Hippojay is the worst I've tried on and off for over a year), and it's always nice to FINALLY get one

or when you get a double of an elusive one and get to make lots of dragon muns haha

it's been a while since i found any though so i'm afraid i can't tell you which zone i found them in. there are guides though if you're curious to where they are! :)
@AyalaAtreides I've gotten all except Hippojay and Darktouched Chimera so far (that Hippojay is the worst I've tried on and off for over a year), and it's always nice to FINALLY get one

or when you get a double of an elusive one and get to make lots of dragon muns haha

it's been a while since i found any though so i'm afraid i can't tell you which zone i found them in. there are guides though if you're curious to where they are! :)
@alliegator Ahh, lucky you, haha! Must be a nice feeling to see that icon with the little heart pop up in your gathering results. Duplicates? I rarely even get duplicates of Coli familiars, I can't imagine getting a spare Gathering familiar. :'D

Oh, I've seen the guides, thanks! I was just curious as to which zones people have found them in, themselves.
@alliegator Ahh, lucky you, haha! Must be a nice feeling to see that icon with the little heart pop up in your gathering results. Duplicates? I rarely even get duplicates of Coli familiars, I can't imagine getting a spare Gathering familiar. :'D

Oh, I've seen the guides, thanks! I was just curious as to which zones people have found them in, themselves.
FooterAds.gif
I got a dunhoof the turn after I leveled high enough to be able to gather it, I was pretty stoked. my luck has stopped there though, I've maxed foraging and still no orange blotch pansy to be found :< I hate to waste levels on foraging when I'm already maxed, but... Gotta get that cute plant
I got a dunhoof the turn after I leveled high enough to be able to gather it, I was pretty stoked. my luck has stopped there though, I've maxed foraging and still no orange blotch pansy to be found :< I hate to waste levels on foraging when I'm already maxed, but... Gotta get that cute plant
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
Found both flower familiars wthin days of each other.

Didn't have the same luck with beetles. Bought one on AH.

Found Dappled Dunhoof on the last day of Rockbreaker's when I was so done with Hunting (I had maxed out days ago, I was still looking for skinks. Incidentally found last ones I needed on the same day too).

Traded Dark Tulip Flowerfall for a Manticore and got Darktouched Chimera as a gift.

Got maybe 50 of each trunker, most went into baldwin's pot. As for Megashrimps.... I think i received both as gifts, I haven't done any Fishing in over a year.
Found both flower familiars wthin days of each other.

Didn't have the same luck with beetles. Bought one on AH.

Found Dappled Dunhoof on the last day of Rockbreaker's when I was so done with Hunting (I had maxed out days ago, I was still looking for skinks. Incidentally found last ones I needed on the same day too).

Traded Dark Tulip Flowerfall for a Manticore and got Darktouched Chimera as a gift.

Got maybe 50 of each trunker, most went into baldwin's pot. As for Megashrimps.... I think i received both as gifts, I haven't done any Fishing in over a year.
Got the Beetles pretty fast after I got to the right level, actually.

Got the Darktouched Chimera out of nowhere a few months ago.

I have gotten the Trunkers and one of the Megashrimps multiple times. I bought the other Megashrimp for cheap.

Not high enough level for the Pansies yet.. close, but not there.

I have not seen the Manticore, Hippojay, or Dunhoof D: Been trying for the Hippojay for months actually.
Got the Beetles pretty fast after I got to the right level, actually.

Got the Darktouched Chimera out of nowhere a few months ago.

I have gotten the Trunkers and one of the Megashrimps multiple times. I bought the other Megashrimp for cheap.

Not high enough level for the Pansies yet.. close, but not there.

I have not seen the Manticore, Hippojay, or Dunhoof D: Been trying for the Hippojay for months actually.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
It took me two years to get the Dunhoof. Still haven't found the hippojay (nor the manticore, and dark-touched chimera) xD
The high-level slightly lower-rarity familiars that were introduced later; the trunkers for hunting, megashrimp for fishing, beetles for insect catching, pansies for foraging, and chameleons for digging (scavenging doesn't have any yet) are easier to find. I've found all of them at least once, but a couple of them I've find many more times than just once. >__> *stares at 20 trunkers in hoard*
It took me two years to get the Dunhoof. Still haven't found the hippojay (nor the manticore, and dark-touched chimera) xD
The high-level slightly lower-rarity familiars that were introduced later; the trunkers for hunting, megashrimp for fishing, beetles for insect catching, pansies for foraging, and chameleons for digging (scavenging doesn't have any yet) are easier to find. I've found all of them at least once, but a couple of them I've find many more times than just once. >__> *stares at 20 trunkers in hoard*
I got the Hippojay three times already and own a Dunhoof Centaur as well! Also got the trunkers several times as well as the megashrimps. Especially the gaseous megashrimp, that one just seems to love me! I get it at least once a month, haha.

I still need the darktouched chimera, manticore, the beetles and the pansiess, though.
I got the Hippojay three times already and own a Dunhoof Centaur as well! Also got the trunkers several times as well as the megashrimps. Especially the gaseous megashrimp, that one just seems to love me! I get it at least once a month, haha.

I still need the darktouched chimera, manticore, the beetles and the pansiess, though.
iIrk1Wj.png
I found a nephrite chameleon a long time ago. thats about it.
I found a nephrite chameleon a long time ago. thats about it.
rSJg2ds.jpgezykfzF.jpg
I got the Dappled Dunhoof maybe a couple weeks after I joined... I had no idea how rare it was until much later. WOW am I glad I kept it.
I got the Dappled Dunhoof maybe a couple weeks after I joined... I had no idea how rare it was until much later. WOW am I glad I kept it.
VfJfrBs.jpeg