Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gembond Headcannon
1 2
@Fashionista or, y'know, natural cursed jewelry! it's a bargain!
@Fashionista or, y'know, natural cursed jewelry! it's a bargain!
tumblr_inline_qf7d4iYTRP1s3p7hf_500.png
This is some really cool headcannon :0
This is some really cool headcannon :0
tfw your sig links are broken and you have nothing to use as a placeholder
This is an interesting headcanon, but I'm saddened by some of the others I've seen here so far.
This is an interesting headcanon, but I'm saddened by some of the others I've seen here so far.
2e1b2b6a40c76c9dd60265bf19e951ae39f421b6.gifWpjbI2U.gif
Or maybe instead of everyone with gembond becoming insane and dying slowly, maybe there are different variations of gembond so those of whom it occurs naturally, do not have any further growth than what we have seen. Then there are others which are bitten by a cobra and it causes them to unnaturally develop gembond and since it's foreign to their body it causes problems like a lot of people have said for angsty lore

That way, it's a win win and we can have happy gembond dragons and super depressing gembond dragons!
Or maybe instead of everyone with gembond becoming insane and dying slowly, maybe there are different variations of gembond so those of whom it occurs naturally, do not have any further growth than what we have seen. Then there are others which are bitten by a cobra and it causes them to unnaturally develop gembond and since it's foreign to their body it causes problems like a lot of people have said for angsty lore

That way, it's a win win and we can have happy gembond dragons and super depressing gembond dragons!
I've never really gone about making sad headcanons related to gembond, but I've always found it curious that there are scrolls that can bring forward a disease from a snake bite in a dragon...
I always figured there were underground black market dragon clans that hoarded the Onyx Cobras (hence their scarcity) and harvested the venom to make gembond scrolls lol
I've never really gone about making sad headcanons related to gembond, but I've always found it curious that there are scrolls that can bring forward a disease from a snake bite in a dragon...
I always figured there were underground black market dragon clans that hoarded the Onyx Cobras (hence their scarcity) and harvested the venom to make gembond scrolls lol
Well, I have it that there's two different versions/strains of Gembond.

There's the poison/virus strain, which comes from being bitten by the snake. The gems from that slowly multiply to cover the dragon entirely, including their insides, and slowly kill the dragon. The length of time it takes to kill the dragon seems to be random and varies. They are heavy, making it so the dragon eventually cannot fly, and eventually they cannot move well, either.

The gene version of Gembond is different. The "gems" are lighter, so they do not restrict movement or flying, and they do not multiply, nor are they fatal. And it can pass to offspring, while the other strain cannot.

So none of my Gembond dragons have limited lifespans from that!

There's the poison/virus strain, which comes from being bitten by the snake. The gems from that slowly multiply to cover the dragon entirely, including their insides, and slowly kill the dragon. The length of time it takes to kill the dragon seems to be random and varies. They are heavy, making it so the dragon eventually cannot fly, and eventually they cannot move well, either.

The gene version of Gembond is different. The "gems" are lighter, so they do not restrict movement or flying, and they do not multiply, nor are they fatal. And it can pass to offspring, while the other strain cannot.

55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote name="VeiledOverdose" date=2016-04-06 17:52:51] Well, I have it that there's two different versions/strains of Gembond. There's the poison/virus strain, which comes from being bitten by the snake. The gems from that slowly multiply to cover the dragon entirely, including their insides, and slowly kill the dragon. The length of time it takes to kill the dragon seems to be random and varies. They are heavy, making it so the dragon eventually cannot fly, and eventually they cannot move well, either. The gene version of Gembond is different. The "gems" are lighter, so they do not restrict movement or flying, and they do not multiply, nor are they fatal. And it can pass to offspring, while the other strain cannot. So none of my Gembond dragons have limited lifespans from that! [/quote] [quote name="BananaDog" date=2016-04-06 17:19:27] Or maybe instead of everyone with gembond becoming insane and dying slowly, maybe there are different variations of gembond so those of whom it occurs naturally, do not have any further growth than what we have seen. Then there are others which are bitten by a cobra and it causes them to unnaturally develop gembond and since it's foreign to their body it causes problems like a lot of people have said for angsty lore That way, it's a win win and we can have happy gembond dragons and super depressing gembond dragons! [/quote] I like these ideas. I think for myself -> Gembond originates from cobra-bitten dragons, which is naturally a traumatic experience; some dragons handle the crystal growths better than others, both psychologically and physically (ie: gems may be painful, or dragons may never completely accept the growths as part of their own bodies) However, that's only true for first generation gembond. Any children the infected individual has that is born gembound suffers no pain or disassociation of the growths. They may be self-conscious about them due to social pressures, or feel guilt over having no pain while watching their parent struggle, but it's a part of their genes now.
VeiledOverdose wrote on 2016-04-06:

BananaDog wrote on 2016-04-06:

I like these ideas. I think for myself -> Gembond originates from cobra-bitten dragons, which is naturally a traumatic experience; some dragons handle the crystal growths better than others, both psychologically and physically (ie: gems may be painful, or dragons may never completely accept the growths as part of their own bodies)

However, that's only true for first generation gembond. Any children the infected individual has that is born gembound suffers no pain or disassociation of the growths. They may be self-conscious about them due to social pressures, or feel guilt over having no pain while watching their parent struggle, but it's a part of their genes now.
FR time +2
That's actually a pretty cool idea.
That's actually a pretty cool idea.
I don't know if I like it better, going with the idea that all Gembond infections are caused by the cobras, or whether there are both the healthy and unhealthy versions of the Gembonds. Hm.
I don't know if I like it better, going with the idea that all Gembond infections are caused by the cobras, or whether there are both the healthy and unhealthy versions of the Gembonds. Hm.
mommabanner_by_leikatay-d8r9d9h.gif
/snickers @ my angsty lore
/snickers @ my angsty lore
tumblr_inline_qf7d4iYTRP1s3p7hf_500.png
1 2