Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Considering switching flights (advice?)
1 2
@Shengrila Aww, dang it light! Making us runner ups... XD Just kidding, I'm glad you are happy in light! :)
@Shengrila Aww, dang it light! Making us runner ups... XD Just kidding, I'm glad you are happy in light! :)
Ft1xdVt.pngo9GbwME.png[/url]
@TCA: i was called, so I came :T

Just going to say, Shen is partially right about our forums xD there's mostly art giveaways, friendly conversations, new people getting bombarded with a lot of glitter (shhhhh don't ask), and it's incredibly easy to talk to the 'big guys on the block' :) Aaaaand since so many of us are rather well-acquainted with the Coli (read: we exalt and dom a lot), there're the perks of getting bonuses randomly and laughing about it.

Tl;dr we love everyone that unites under Lightweaver and we support our own through hardships (like impulse buying and irl crap)

@Shengrila it's ok bb thnx for promotion u the bomb
@TCA: i was called, so I came :T

Just going to say, Shen is partially right about our forums xD there's mostly art giveaways, friendly conversations, new people getting bombarded with a lot of glitter (shhhhh don't ask), and it's incredibly easy to talk to the 'big guys on the block' :) Aaaaand since so many of us are rather well-acquainted with the Coli (read: we exalt and dom a lot), there're the perks of getting bonuses randomly and laughing about it.

Tl;dr we love everyone that unites under Lightweaver and we support our own through hardships (like impulse buying and irl crap)

@Shengrila it's ok bb thnx for promotion u the bomb
1008.png currently FRT +2

141.png | 164.png
--- ✧ lair
@Shriayle

Thank you, that's pretty enlightening.

Now I just kinda want to hear a bit more about Arcane.
@Shriayle

Thank you, that's pretty enlightening.

Now I just kinda want to hear a bit more about Arcane.
ShpX9LV.png
@TCA

Don't bother coming to Ice Flight. It has me, who is objectively the worst user on Flight Rising.
@TCA

Don't bother coming to Ice Flight. It has me, who is objectively the worst user on Flight Rising.
[quote name="TCA" date=2015-09-08 17:40:15]I don't want to join a flight where I'll feel obligated to participate in dom, but I do like pitching in once in a while. Just not that often. Creativity's important to me, and I'd like a community where I can feel comfortable jumping into the forum- active but not hyper would be nice?[/quote] @TCA, you're describing Arcane. The flight is incredibly supportive and welcoming, very creative, dom is definitely play-as- you-want, and everybody's very kind. The forum is active but very easy to keep up with. I switched from Wind to Arcane shortly after joining, and I've never been sorry. My fellow mages are wonderful people, and refreshingly drama-free. :)
TCA wrote on 2015-09-08:
I don't want to join a flight where I'll feel obligated to participate in dom, but I do like pitching in once in a while. Just not that often. Creativity's important to me, and I'd like a community where I can feel comfortable jumping into the forum- active but not hyper would be nice?

@TCA, you're describing Arcane. The flight is incredibly supportive and welcoming, very creative, dom is definitely play-as- you-want, and everybody's very kind. The forum is active but very easy to keep up with. I switched from Wind to Arcane shortly after joining, and I've never been sorry. My fellow mages are wonderful people, and refreshingly drama-free. :)
b6M3VPH.png
@TCA
Hi! Arcane has many ways to contribute to Dom. There are breeders, dormers, and snipers who are extremely helpful in pushing the Dom effort forward. We have variety of teams that make the whole process more comfortable! A little in-flight competition is always fun! I think although Arcane isn't really Dom-heavy, it's one of the ways we make a little mischief and have a fantastic time.
We are the flight of magic and mayhem, after all. The Arcanist, or Spacedad as everyone calls him, is known for his amazing hugs. More arms=more cuddles, yeah?

My friends in Arcane are creative and passionate and it's the best I could've asked for. I have to mention Starfall coming up because we have been feverishly cooking up events and goodies that will definitely be memorable. Our boards are pretty active with Starfall planning but we have an art raffle, an LGBTQ community, and a fantastic subspecies guide, among other things!

We're absolute nerds about space and science and learning in general.
Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?
@TCA
Hi! Arcane has many ways to contribute to Dom. There are breeders, dormers, and snipers who are extremely helpful in pushing the Dom effort forward. We have variety of teams that make the whole process more comfortable! A little in-flight competition is always fun! I think although Arcane isn't really Dom-heavy, it's one of the ways we make a little mischief and have a fantastic time.
We are the flight of magic and mayhem, after all. The Arcanist, or Spacedad as everyone calls him, is known for his amazing hugs. More arms=more cuddles, yeah?

My friends in Arcane are creative and passionate and it's the best I could've asked for. I have to mention Starfall coming up because we have been feverishly cooking up events and goodies that will definitely be memorable. Our boards are pretty active with Starfall planning but we have an art raffle, an LGBTQ community, and a fantastic subspecies guide, among other things!

We're absolute nerds about space and science and learning in general.
Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
@Elisse

Well, Arcane is certainly sounding appealing. Is making friends doable, y'think? I haven't really made any friends in Wind, which is part of why I'm thinking of wandering out.

The whole knowledgey aspects of Arcane and Light are, lorewise, why I'm considering them.
@Elisse

Well, Arcane is certainly sounding appealing. Is making friends doable, y'think? I haven't really made any friends in Wind, which is part of why I'm thinking of wandering out.

The whole knowledgey aspects of Arcane and Light are, lorewise, why I'm considering them.
ShpX9LV.png
@TCA
Oh, making friends was extremely easy for me! We're large enough for an active forum and a variety of people to talk to, but small enough so it's never overwhelming. Everyone is open-minded and easy to strike up a conversation with! We have a plethora of conversations on our Slack group, ranging from general stuff to discussing lore to bothering a Spacedad bot.

I think Arcane has the most complex lore because the Arcanist was given the most stage time in the Encyclopedia. He caused the apocalypse twice because he was curious! What a guy! The different locations in the Starfall Isles and the growing presence of the Shade opens up a lot of lore possibilities. And speaking of lore, many Arcanites love discussing their clan lore, possible in-flight head canons, whatever comes to mind! I forgot to mention we have a writer's guild! Yes, discussing and developing lore is another way to meet new friends here. I think it's exciting to see what everyone comes up with!

To my knowledge, we've had very few drama incidents in-flight, as well.
@TCA
Oh, making friends was extremely easy for me! We're large enough for an active forum and a variety of people to talk to, but small enough so it's never overwhelming. Everyone is open-minded and easy to strike up a conversation with! We have a plethora of conversations on our Slack group, ranging from general stuff to discussing lore to bothering a Spacedad bot.

I think Arcane has the most complex lore because the Arcanist was given the most stage time in the Encyclopedia. He caused the apocalypse twice because he was curious! What a guy! The different locations in the Starfall Isles and the growing presence of the Shade opens up a lot of lore possibilities. And speaking of lore, many Arcanites love discussing their clan lore, possible in-flight head canons, whatever comes to mind! I forgot to mention we have a writer's guild! Yes, discussing and developing lore is another way to meet new friends here. I think it's exciting to see what everyone comes up with!

To my knowledge, we've had very few drama incidents in-flight, as well.
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
1 2