Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | mink's greets
Hey @lemontart , I have a few more silly questions haha...sorry ;o;

First off...I'm wondering about the stars that each item (and you) have. I'm assuming that one star is common, and they get rarer as the number of stars increases? I'm just wondering because I found a item while scavenging, and it's only got one star, but it's a different type of star...
And I guess...what exactly do we use the materials and trinkets for? Just to have them?

Ahhh...sorry I'm sure these are silly and p obvious OTL sorry for being a pester
Hey @lemontart , I have a few more silly questions haha...sorry ;o;

First off...I'm wondering about the stars that each item (and you) have. I'm assuming that one star is common, and they get rarer as the number of stars increases? I'm just wondering because I found a item while scavenging, and it's only got one star, but it's a different type of star...
And I guess...what exactly do we use the materials and trinkets for? Just to have them?

Ahhh...sorry I'm sure these are silly and p obvious OTL sorry for being a pester
I just love Lisa Garland, Silent Hill, Wolf 359

Find me on AO3 @ HappyLeech
@HappyLeech you're absolutely not a pester!

the stars in the forums are basically a glance at how many posts you've made-- i don't remember the exact numbers, but i believe it goes from 1 to 5 stars up to 500 posts, and a platinum star at 1000 posts.

on food items, stars correlate to the number of food points the item gives. and on other items... i'm not particularly sure. it may be the likelihood of gathering that item through scavenging or digging.

materials and items under the "other" tab are mostly used for achievements (such as the one rewarded for collecting all of the pieces of a full chess set) or for exchanges at Swipp's Swap Stand in the Trading Post. some food items and familiars are also used in swaps.

Swipp only offers one swap per two hours, and if you have all the necessary items, you can trade for what he offers. for example, if he offers a trade for you to receive 1 Gold Ore, you have to trade him 5 Silver Ore (material, gathered in digging). if he offers the new White and Gold Flair Scarf, you have to give him 65 White Cabbage Butterly (food, gathered in insect catching) and 175 White Pawns ("other," gathered in scavenging). he'll always tell you the requirements of a trade when it's up, but if there's something you want from him, it's good to know ahead of time and start saving up those items. sometimes he needs a pretty hefty number of items.

Swipp's swaps are generally the reason why seemingly useless items can sell for so much on the Auction House. for example, 1 Umbral Catfish, a food item, can sell for a few thousand treasure, even though the item is only two food points, because it's used to trade for a Pink Wooly Tail. otherwise a non-Swipp food item only of two food points might only sell for 150 treasure. this is why i always advise you to check Auction House prices on any item before selling it out of your hoard! you never know how much it's worth.
@HappyLeech you're absolutely not a pester!

the stars in the forums are basically a glance at how many posts you've made-- i don't remember the exact numbers, but i believe it goes from 1 to 5 stars up to 500 posts, and a platinum star at 1000 posts.

on food items, stars correlate to the number of food points the item gives. and on other items... i'm not particularly sure. it may be the likelihood of gathering that item through scavenging or digging.

materials and items under the "other" tab are mostly used for achievements (such as the one rewarded for collecting all of the pieces of a full chess set) or for exchanges at Swipp's Swap Stand in the Trading Post. some food items and familiars are also used in swaps.

Swipp only offers one swap per two hours, and if you have all the necessary items, you can trade for what he offers. for example, if he offers a trade for you to receive 1 Gold Ore, you have to trade him 5 Silver Ore (material, gathered in digging). if he offers the new White and Gold Flair Scarf, you have to give him 65 White Cabbage Butterly (food, gathered in insect catching) and 175 White Pawns ("other," gathered in scavenging). he'll always tell you the requirements of a trade when it's up, but if there's something you want from him, it's good to know ahead of time and start saving up those items. sometimes he needs a pretty hefty number of items.

Swipp's swaps are generally the reason why seemingly useless items can sell for so much on the Auction House. for example, 1 Umbral Catfish, a food item, can sell for a few thousand treasure, even though the item is only two food points, because it's used to trade for a Pink Wooly Tail. otherwise a non-Swipp food item only of two food points might only sell for 150 treasure. this is why i always advise you to check Auction House prices on any item before selling it out of your hoard! you never know how much it's worth.
tumblr_no3ozumaPC1tv56zio6_75sq.pngpmoEbNN.png weasel | he/him 78U0Gge.pngtumblr_no3ozumaPC1tv56zio9_75sq.png
@lemontart
Ah! Okay, thank you. I think I get it now... Thank you for all the help! :D
@lemontart
Ah! Okay, thank you. I think I get it now... Thank you for all the help! :D
I just love Lisa Garland, Silent Hill, Wolf 359

Find me on AO3 @ HappyLeech
@midnightangel Black and Gold's nest has hatched! no imperials, but there are snappers on my front page.

@QueenOfClovers Mofoi and Tatianna have also had a clutch, which you can find on my first page. Alarik and Lisette's first nest will hatch in 4 days if you'd prefer to wait for them.
@midnightangel Black and Gold's nest has hatched! no imperials, but there are snappers on my front page.

@QueenOfClovers Mofoi and Tatianna have also had a clutch, which you can find on my first page. Alarik and Lisette's first nest will hatch in 4 days if you'd prefer to wait for them.
tumblr_no3ozumaPC1tv56zio6_75sq.pngpmoEbNN.png weasel | he/him 78U0Gge.pngtumblr_no3ozumaPC1tv56zio9_75sq.png
@lemontart
I think I'd like to wait and see what Alarik and Lisette's look like, if that's okay!
@lemontart
I think I'd like to wait and see what Alarik and Lisette's look like, if that's okay!
@QueenofClovers no problem! i'll ping you again when they hatch!
@QueenofClovers no problem! i'll ping you again when they hatch!
@lemontart: Snappers are fine with me! ^^
@lemontart: Snappers are fine with me! ^^
@midnightangel if you see one you like, feel free to send me a crossroads for 1 treasure!
@midnightangel if you see one you like, feel free to send me a crossroads for 1 treasure!
@lemontart: Request sent! ^^ I picked the dark female one. I hope I got the right one!
@lemontart: Request sent! ^^ I picked the dark female one. I hope I got the right one!
@midnightangel cr accepted! enjoy your new baby!
@midnightangel cr accepted! enjoy your new baby!