Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Wonderous, Magical Mafia [DISSCUSION]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33 34
(Ignore the formatting, bad phone formatting strikes again ;_;)
(Ignore the formatting, bad phone formatting strikes again ;_;)
Fafnir_20230321210009.png
i think that any object having the ability to give information on which player is mafia seems a bit op to me! i find it more likely that it has an ability similar to one from legends & the legendary, where one can compare two players’ alignments to see if they match instead of just. outright revealing a player is mafia. but who knows! if the amulet is truly that op, it could reveal mafia. i have no idea; this is speculation.

however it would be interesting if the mafia did in fact know which object the amulet is in, and one of their goals is to make sure the town Does Not gain the amulet? if so, then we should take into consideration the fact that there may be mafia attempting to steer our votes towards objects that couldn’t possibly be the amulet, and they might even be doing it currently. though it’s d1 and i am letting my imagination run wild, so i could be wrong.

i do not believe that mafia is informed on which items benefit town/mafia. that seems like a little TOO informed. rather, i believe they only know which object the amulet is, and not what the other objects do.

another thing to consider is that the town/mafia benefiting objects could be picked via rng. that seems very likely to me! however mentioning xc’s point about drinking a potion that may contain the amulet, and risking debuffs. if it’s unclear that the amulet is in a potion bottle (like now! it may as well be hidden in a mushroom) then i believe we shouldn’t risk searching in one. but if a certain potion bottle is the best choice, then i think we should absolutely risk being debuffed. if finding the amulet is one of town’s wincons then debuffs won’t matter.
i think that any object having the ability to give information on which player is mafia seems a bit op to me! i find it more likely that it has an ability similar to one from legends & the legendary, where one can compare two players’ alignments to see if they match instead of just. outright revealing a player is mafia. but who knows! if the amulet is truly that op, it could reveal mafia. i have no idea; this is speculation.

however it would be interesting if the mafia did in fact know which object the amulet is in, and one of their goals is to make sure the town Does Not gain the amulet? if so, then we should take into consideration the fact that there may be mafia attempting to steer our votes towards objects that couldn’t possibly be the amulet, and they might even be doing it currently. though it’s d1 and i am letting my imagination run wild, so i could be wrong.

i do not believe that mafia is informed on which items benefit town/mafia. that seems like a little TOO informed. rather, i believe they only know which object the amulet is, and not what the other objects do.

another thing to consider is that the town/mafia benefiting objects could be picked via rng. that seems very likely to me! however mentioning xc’s point about drinking a potion that may contain the amulet, and risking debuffs. if it’s unclear that the amulet is in a potion bottle (like now! it may as well be hidden in a mushroom) then i believe we shouldn’t risk searching in one. but if a certain potion bottle is the best choice, then i think we should absolutely risk being debuffed. if finding the amulet is one of town’s wincons then debuffs won’t matter.
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
MB92Vfc.png
another addition i forgot in my post: i believe that if this is indeed true, that mafia will be doing all they can to direct town’s votes away from the amulet, then when isoing others it would likely be helpful to look at how their thoughts have changed regarding what object is the amulet.
another addition i forgot in my post: i believe that if this is indeed true, that mafia will be doing all they can to direct town’s votes away from the amulet, then when isoing others it would likely be helpful to look at how their thoughts have changed regarding what object is the amulet.
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
Hbjyi41.gif
MB92Vfc.png
If we are going by the 'Amulet win-con' theory, I'd agree that it is likely for Mafia to know which one the amulet is, and will try to steer our attention away from the amulet itself. Because if maf didn't, and everyone just happens to obtain the amulet out of sheer rng it'll be rather cheap and I'm sure Kyp would keep this in mind when creating this game. Or at least, Maf could have some investigative role to know what each door contains. I also agree with Scor that knowing which buffs/debuffs are in each door right off that bat is a bit too OP. This leaves me to sepculate quite a few things. There could be 'door seer' roles in the game, where people can gain insight as to where the object from the other side benefits town or mafia, or somewhat neutral. There could be one on the mafia's side, too, and will try to manipulate votes in a way that benefits them. Or, we could possibly get clues from non-amulet doors that could direct us to where the amulet is. Or basically other information about the game. This is the general information from the signups thread: [quote]The game is 100% custom and handmade (by me). All roles are based on classic Mafia ones, but may have a slight twist. It is not role madness, and all roles will start hidden and be slowly revealed through the game.[/quote] So: it is not role madness, so there are vanilla townies? And the part about how all roles will stay hidden but will be revealed throughout the game, I think some of the doors will reveal information about such roles. Another way to interpret the above blurb is how majority of the players will start with no abilities but they will acquire more throughout the game, hence 'revealing roles'. But again we have no idea what's inside each door and kinds of effects they'll give but I had some time and I'll just ramble a bit and throw out ideas, and have y'all decide if any of them seem plausible
If we are going by the 'Amulet win-con' theory, I'd agree that it is likely for Mafia to know which one the amulet is, and will try to steer our attention away from the amulet itself. Because if maf didn't, and everyone just happens to obtain the amulet out of sheer rng it'll be rather cheap and I'm sure Kyp would keep this in mind when creating this game.

Or at least, Maf could have some investigative role to know what each door contains. I also agree with Scor that knowing which buffs/debuffs are in each door right off that bat is a bit too OP.

This leaves me to sepculate quite a few things. There could be 'door seer' roles in the game, where people can gain insight as to where the object from the other side benefits town or mafia, or somewhat neutral. There could be one on the mafia's side, too, and will try to manipulate votes in a way that benefits them.

Or, we could possibly get clues from non-amulet doors that could direct us to where the amulet is. Or basically other information about the game. This is the general information from the signups thread:
Quote:
The game is 100% custom and handmade (by me). All roles are based on classic Mafia ones, but may have a slight twist. It is not role madness, and all roles will start hidden and be slowly revealed through the game.

So: it is not role madness, so there are vanilla townies? And the part about how all roles will stay hidden but will be revealed throughout the game, I think some of the doors will reveal information about such roles.

Another way to interpret the above blurb is how majority of the players will start with no abilities but they will acquire more throughout the game, hence 'revealing roles'.

But again we have no idea what's inside each door and kinds of effects they'll give but I had some time and I'll just ramble a bit and throw out ideas, and have y'all decide if any of them seem plausible
[quote name="@swimmergirl0903" date="2023-05-19 19:59:58" ] I’m also curious if the mafia has info on which items do what things . Imo, it would seem kind of odd to give them that much info if some of the items give mafia buffs/ harms town. It seems like a lot of information to give the mafia. Not saying I’m completely against the idea, we will see as the items are revealed if there is any correlation but it seems like something we can only really consider in a day or so when we see what becomes of what we discover and how players flip. It may also be that the mafia only knows where the amulet is if the amulet is truly the wincon for town. Since the amulet seems to be stated as “protecting” I initially interpreted it as it can protect us from a night kill or give us info on who is mafia [/quote] Since it's town's goal to find the amulet, it should be one of mafia's goals to not let that happen. I wouldn't be surprised if maf knows which exact object would lead to the amulet. Though I don't think maf knows what all of the objects do, that seems a bit too much.
@swimmergirl0903 wrote on 2023-05-19 19:59:58:
I’m also curious if the mafia has info on which items do what things . Imo, it would seem kind of odd to give them that much info if some of the items give mafia buffs/ harms town. It seems like a lot of information to give the mafia. Not saying I’m completely against the idea, we will see as the items are revealed if there is any correlation but it seems like something we can only really consider in a day or so when we see what becomes of what we discover and how players flip.

It may also be that the mafia only knows where the amulet is if the amulet is truly the wincon for town. Since the amulet seems to be stated as “protecting” I initially interpreted it as it can protect us from a night kill or give us info on who is mafia

Since it's town's goal to find the amulet, it should be one of mafia's goals to not let that happen. I wouldn't be surprised if maf knows which exact object would lead to the amulet. Though I don't think maf knows what all of the objects do, that seems a bit too much.
Viskara-Space-Orchid-sig-II.png
I went ahead and looked further into all of the objects:

#1 - A bottle with a green bubbly liquid. It looks like some sort of acid or poison, but maybe it's just a plant based liquid?

#2 - A wooden book with lots of vegetation coming out of it. I don't think it's dangerous, however it doesn't seem like it's the object to lead us to the amulet. I still think it could give us some hints.

#3 - Weird mushrooms in a bottle. The bottle seems to have a price tag. I don't know what to think of them other than they could give you a weird trip lmao.

#4 - A lantern. There's nothing much to add here. I can see an argument for it showing the way to the amulet, but that seems a bit straightforward.

#5 - A tree-like crown with thorns on its underside, blue jewels and a round amber having a night sky inside. In the middle of the crown is a purple swirl. It's interesting it kinda reminds me of sleeping beauty in a way.

#6 - An odd kind of plant or organism. It makes me a bit repulsive. Other than that, I don't really have an opinion about it.

#7 - Some kind of crystals made out of gold, amber or topaz. If we're assuming the amulet is a golden pendant, this would be on top of the list to investigate. Like the lantern, this also seems a bit too straightforward.

#8 - Another interesting object as it has the same swirl like #5 just in blue and turned around. Which begs the question if one of these two objects turn out to be good, does that mean the other one is bad, like a Yin/Yang thing? Therock with the blue swirl certainly gives me more positive vibes.

#9 - Beautiful crystals. They seem pretty neutral to me, I don't have any strong feelings about them.

#10 - Another potion bottle, this time in pink and shiny! While it certainly looks pretty I'm wondering if the potion is made out of the plants/organism we see in #6. Maybe even containing a crystal of #9 since they look similar. Still I'm rather indifferent about this one.

#11 - A silver ring with a diamond, which looks like it already has lived through its best days. If the amulet is a pendant, it may be a part of it? The lines on the ring make me curious.

#12 - A what appears to be spell book. This is most likely a 50/50. Either our feelings with the book cover is right and it's bad for town or it's a literal "don't judge a book by its cover"-thing. Still I'd rather investigate other objects first, but I am tempted.

#13 - Pretty crystals inside a bottle! I feel the same to me like #9.

#14 - Again mushroom inside a bottle. This time though there is a mushroom forest inside the big mushroom. I'm intrigued, but I have a bad feeling that investigating it could lead into some town getting lost inside this forest if that makes sense. I believe it's worth taking the risk nevertheless in the long run.

#15 - My favourite object so far. Like I said before it looks like it has it's own little universe inside itself, which is fascinating. However since lanterns are commonly known to lead the way, I hope this one doesn't lead us astray.

#16 - Yet another bottle, this time containing a red liquid. I also already mentioned before that the liquid looks like blood which could be a bad sign. I'd like to investigate other objects first.
I went ahead and looked further into all of the objects:

#1 - A bottle with a green bubbly liquid. It looks like some sort of acid or poison, but maybe it's just a plant based liquid?

#2 - A wooden book with lots of vegetation coming out of it. I don't think it's dangerous, however it doesn't seem like it's the object to lead us to the amulet. I still think it could give us some hints.

#3 - Weird mushrooms in a bottle. The bottle seems to have a price tag. I don't know what to think of them other than they could give you a weird trip lmao.

#4 - A lantern. There's nothing much to add here. I can see an argument for it showing the way to the amulet, but that seems a bit straightforward.

#5 - A tree-like crown with thorns on its underside, blue jewels and a round amber having a night sky inside. In the middle of the crown is a purple swirl. It's interesting it kinda reminds me of sleeping beauty in a way.

#6 - An odd kind of plant or organism. It makes me a bit repulsive. Other than that, I don't really have an opinion about it.

#7 - Some kind of crystals made out of gold, amber or topaz. If we're assuming the amulet is a golden pendant, this would be on top of the list to investigate. Like the lantern, this also seems a bit too straightforward.

#8 - Another interesting object as it has the same swirl like #5 just in blue and turned around. Which begs the question if one of these two objects turn out to be good, does that mean the other one is bad, like a Yin/Yang thing? Therock with the blue swirl certainly gives me more positive vibes.

#9 - Beautiful crystals. They seem pretty neutral to me, I don't have any strong feelings about them.

#10 - Another potion bottle, this time in pink and shiny! While it certainly looks pretty I'm wondering if the potion is made out of the plants/organism we see in #6. Maybe even containing a crystal of #9 since they look similar. Still I'm rather indifferent about this one.

#11 - A silver ring with a diamond, which looks like it already has lived through its best days. If the amulet is a pendant, it may be a part of it? The lines on the ring make me curious.

#12 - A what appears to be spell book. This is most likely a 50/50. Either our feelings with the book cover is right and it's bad for town or it's a literal "don't judge a book by its cover"-thing. Still I'd rather investigate other objects first, but I am tempted.

#13 - Pretty crystals inside a bottle! I feel the same to me like #9.

#14 - Again mushroom inside a bottle. This time though there is a mushroom forest inside the big mushroom. I'm intrigued, but I have a bad feeling that investigating it could lead into some town getting lost inside this forest if that makes sense. I believe it's worth taking the risk nevertheless in the long run.

#15 - My favourite object so far. Like I said before it looks like it has it's own little universe inside itself, which is fascinating. However since lanterns are commonly known to lead the way, I hope this one doesn't lead us astray.

#16 - Yet another bottle, this time containing a red liquid. I also already mentioned before that the liquid looks like blood which could be a bad sign. I'd like to investigate other objects first.
(Please excuse typos like those in #13, I wrote all of that in a hurry.)
(Please excuse typos like those in #13, I wrote all of that in a hurry.)
Honestly, I think taking in an analysis of each each item won’t get us any closer to the amulet I think that it’s important that everyone feel steady in which they are going to pick and that we if we can come to the decision unanimously but the argument can be made for every single object weather or not it feels or seems like an amulet it’s completely subjective and we’d all be taking a blind jump at them. I’d advise not steering clear of things like the book or lanter for example just because they feel obvious or it doesn’t look ver amulets cause it might as well be what was said before (on mobile but I’ll quote them in a few) that the amu,et might be inside and the mechanic for the lantern just might as well be that it leads you to the amulet. Escpecially if it’s been randomized or if the objects abilities aren’t as straight forward as they seem. (Again I will quote the person) because like it was said then we’d just steer clear of the spooky ones and I think that would throw the game balance off and it’d be something that kept more likely than not thought about when making the game
Honestly, I think taking in an analysis of each each item won’t get us any closer to the amulet I think that it’s important that everyone feel steady in which they are going to pick and that we if we can come to the decision unanimously but the argument can be made for every single object weather or not it feels or seems like an amulet it’s completely subjective and we’d all be taking a blind jump at them. I’d advise not steering clear of things like the book or lanter for example just because they feel obvious or it doesn’t look ver amulets cause it might as well be what was said before (on mobile but I’ll quote them in a few) that the amu,et might be inside and the mechanic for the lantern just might as well be that it leads you to the amulet. Escpecially if it’s been randomized or if the objects abilities aren’t as straight forward as they seem. (Again I will quote the person) because like it was said then we’d just steer clear of the spooky ones and I think that would throw the game balance off and it’d be something that kept more likely than not thought about when making the game
................. Nusku_.png

nmHdjnM.png
xYQkuHQ.png
fkWjutW.png
I think a more important discussion that could reveal personality / other important things would be what’s your reasoning behind picking the item (I know some people touched on it briefly) is there an object your avoiding and why? Etc etc

I think a more important discussion that could reveal personality / other important things would be what’s your reasoning behind picking the item (I know some people touched on it briefly) is there an object your avoiding and why? Etc etc

................. Nusku_.png

nmHdjnM.png
xYQkuHQ.png
fkWjutW.png
[quote name="MooshiDraws" date="2023-05-20 08:27:45" ] Honestly, I think taking in an analysis of each each item won’t get us any closer to the amulet I think that it’s important that everyone feel steady in which they are going to pick and that we if we can come to the decision unanimously but the argument can be made for every single object weather or not it feels or seems like an amulet it’s completely subjective and we’d all be taking a blind jump at them. I’d advise not steering clear of things like the book or lanter for example just because they feel obvious or it doesn’t look ver amulets cause it might as well be what was said before (on mobile but I’ll quote them in a few) that the amu,et might be inside and the mechanic for the lantern just might as well be that it leads you to the amulet. Escpecially if it’s been randomized or if the objects abilities aren’t as straight forward as they seem. (Again I will quote the person) because like it was said then we’d just steer clear of the spooky ones and I think that would throw the game balance off and it’d be something that kept more likely than not thought about when making the game [/quote] [quote name="MooshiDraws" date="2023-05-20 08:29:59" ] I think a more important discussion that could reveal personality / other important things would be what’s your reasoning behind picking the item (I know some people touched on it briefly) is there an object your avoiding and why? Etc etc [/quote] I sort of half agree? Let me explain if we especially vibe with the idea that Scor and Grow have both brought up, that it's most likely in scumteams best interests to [b]prevent[/b] us from finding the amulet, then it's easy to sneak in "oh this looks ominous we should avoid it" into analysis. Whether or not there is a correspondence to the things and what they give us. To point at say, the bottles. #1 could have something literally inside it like the amulet, or it could be like a healing potion or a potion that gives you the ability to talk to grass, it could also be like....idk a sentient ooze thats been locked up in a bottle idk. Trying to decipher [b]what[/b] they are yeah I agree there's not much point in doing that. But I know at least personally, I'm keeping track of the ones that people are drawn to / going against. Which yes could be signs of their alignment if its something they're trying to protect, or it could be signs of something else. Like, (I want to be very clear im speaking iNCREDIBLY hypothetically here) say that one of the books has written down inside of it "hey guess what, here's how you talk to the dead, and oh yeah a person here already knows how to do it". Well I can imagine that the person who can talk to the dead would be aware that the book would reveal this information publicly, and be desperate to keep that information hidden, because that would put a big-old mafia-sized target on their back. ((Again, this is HIGHLY speculative, I do not possess deathspeaking abilities nor do i know if they are in the game, I just have this one very specific episode of Psych on the mind for some reason hhjkhsadf)) So I guess what I'm trying to say is, there could be townie reason for not wanting certain items investigated. All of these are wondrous items, and the fact that there are 15 players and 16 items, makes me think that each person might have some connection to an item, whether or not we know it, yknow?
MooshiDraws wrote on 2023-05-20 08:27:45:
MooshiDraws wrote on 2023-05-20 08:29:59:

I sort of half agree?

Let me explain if we especially vibe with the idea that Scor and Grow have both brought up, that it's most likely in scumteams best interests to prevent us from finding the amulet, then it's easy to sneak in "oh this looks ominous we should avoid it" into analysis. Whether or not there is a correspondence to the things and what they give us. To point at say, the bottles. #1 could have something literally inside it like the amulet, or it could be like a healing potion or a potion that gives you the ability to talk to grass, it could also be like....idk a sentient ooze thats been locked up in a bottle idk. Trying to decipher what they are yeah I agree there's not much point in doing that.

But I know at least personally, I'm keeping track of the ones that people are drawn to / going against. Which yes could be signs of their alignment if its something they're trying to protect, or it could be signs of something else. Like, (I want to be very clear im speaking iNCREDIBLY hypothetically here) say that one of the books has written down inside of it "hey guess what, here's how you talk to the dead, and oh yeah a person here already knows how to do it". Well I can imagine that the person who can talk to the dead would be aware that the book would reveal this information publicly, and be desperate to keep that information hidden, because that would put a big-old mafia-sized target on their back. ((Again, this is HIGHLY speculative, I do not possess deathspeaking abilities nor do i know if they are in the game, I just have this one very specific episode of Psych on the mind for some reason hhjkhsadf))

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, there could be townie reason for not wanting certain items investigated. All of these are wondrous items, and the fact that there are 15 players and 16 items, makes me think that each person might have some connection to an item, whether or not we know it, yknow?
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33 34