Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Wonderous, Magical Mafia [DISSCUSION]
I'm so sorry, but I have to sub out. I am finding that life has gotten far too busy to be in an active game. Sorry I had to put you guys through having an inactive player ;v;

@Kryptoshoe
I'm so sorry, but I have to sub out. I am finding that life has gotten far too busy to be in an active game. Sorry I had to put you guys through having an inactive player ;v;

@Kryptoshoe
ccG5mjK.png
[quote name="HalfMoons" date="2023-05-23 13:42:56" ] I'm so sorry, but I have to sub out. I am finding that life has gotten far too busy to be in an active game. Sorry I had to put you guys through having an inactive player ;v; @/Kryptoshoe [/quote] litterally no worries! i appreciate you being responsible about it and i hope everything clears up for you <3
HalfMoons wrote on 2023-05-23 13:42:56:

@/Kryptoshoe

litterally no worries! i appreciate you being responsible about it and i hope everything clears up for you <3
................. Nusku_.png

nmHdjnM.png
xYQkuHQ.png
fkWjutW.png
ill respond to everyone when im done eating and get a chance to read through
ill respond to everyone when im done eating and get a chance to read through

nmHdjnM.png
xYQkuHQ.png
fkWjutW.png
[quote name="HalfMoons" date="2023-05-23 13:42:56" ] I'm so sorry, but I have to sub out. I am finding that life has gotten far too busy to be in an active game. Sorry I had to put you guys through having an inactive player ;v; @Kyptoshoe [/quote] No worries HalfMoons! I hope your life chills out for you sometime soon, don't feel bad at all! (Amending my answer from early Mooshi- [quote name="natsinabucket" date="2023-05-23 13:37:38" ] 1. Ideally yes, but I don't like where we stand. If push comes to shove the only people I would be comfortable- not happy, but comfortable- elimming are Grow [s]or HalfMoons[/s]. This is subject to change if Grow answers the questions I put out earlier. [/quote] Obv not gonna vote that slot until the sub's played a little)

@Kyptoshoe
No worries HalfMoons! I hope your life chills out for you sometime soon, don't feel bad at all!

(Amending my answer from early Mooshi-
natsinabucket wrote on 2023-05-23 13:37:38:
1. Ideally yes, but I don't like where we stand. If push comes to shove the only people I would be comfortable- not happy, but comfortable- elimming are Grow or HalfMoons. This is subject to change if Grow answers the questions I put out earlier.
Obv not gonna vote that slot until the sub's played a little)
e49ylni.png
P9pWXTH.png
p8qgXPn.gif
[quote name="HalfMoons" date="2023-05-23 13:42:56" ] I'm so sorry, but I have to sub out. I am finding that life has gotten far too busy to be in an active game. Sorry I had to put you guys through having an inactive player ;v; @/Kryptoshoe [/quote] It's totally fine, real life happens sometimes when we don't expect it too. Hope stuff clears up for you again soon! [quote name="MooshiDraws" date="2023-05-23 13:09:01" ] Quote: 1. Do you want an elimination today 2. will you rather eliminate an inactive player or someone who has a slight scumread on them {both hard choices but we should probably keep one in mind for today as im sure mafia will 100 percent make a kill} 3. Most items chosen today are also going off of day 1's i was drawn to this or im interested i know we can not make any sound investigations right now but id like to know what items you have lined up as most important to investigate [/quote] 1. I think an elimination on any Day after the 1st is essential to town's victory honestly. We got lucky that there was no death on Day 1, and I wouldn't be comfortable banking on continued luck like that, especially for 2 night cycles in a row. 2. I don't think we shoud be voting out inactve players at this moment in time, since some of them at least have made it clear they have a reason they're less active right now. I don't want someone to feel like they're being punished for real life events happening that made hard for them to play. I do think it might be a choice we'll have to go with in the future, as the longer we let them off the hook, the more it hurts us, but since we still have all 15, maybe we can let them off the hook for today's vote. I guess I'm going on a long tangent to say I feel more closely to choosing someone who is currently scum lean. I've seen a few people put Grow there, and I know I had him on the lower end of neutral since, while they have some actions that do seem town to me, there also quiet a few that are points that seem more scum lean for me. Outside of that, I don't necissarily know who to put here. I'm still a bit behind since reading without my glasses suck, but'll try to finish that up in the next hour or so so I can formulate more opnions, especially ones that are my own and not jumping the band wagon. 3. I voted 12 for today (it looks like a magic book), though I've also been looking at 4(similar reason to Nat, it just looks so normal, makes it stand out from the other items), I also have been eyeing 16 a bit (gammer brain assosiated any red liquid in a small bottle as a healing potion).

@/Kryptoshoe
It's totally fine, real life happens sometimes when we don't expect it too. Hope stuff clears up for you again soon!
MooshiDraws wrote on 2023-05-23 13:09:01:
Quote:
1. Do you want an elimination today
2. will you rather eliminate an inactive player or someone who has a slight scumread on them {both hard choices but we should probably keep one in mind for today as im sure mafia will 100 percent make a kill}
3. Most items chosen today are also going off of day 1's i was drawn to this or im interested i know we can not make any sound investigations right now but id like to know what items you have lined up as most important to investigate

1. I think an elimination on any Day after the 1st is essential to town's victory honestly. We got lucky that there was no death on Day 1, and I wouldn't be comfortable banking on continued luck like that, especially for 2 night cycles in a row.

2. I don't think we shoud be voting out inactve players at this moment in time, since some of them at least have made it clear they have a reason they're less active right now. I don't want someone to feel like they're being punished for real life events happening that made hard for them to play. I do think it might be a choice we'll have to go with in the future, as the longer we let them off the hook, the more it hurts us, but since we still have all 15, maybe we can let them off the hook for today's vote. I guess I'm going on a long tangent to say I feel more closely to choosing someone who is currently scum lean. I've seen a few people put Grow there, and I know I had him on the lower end of neutral since, while they have some actions that do seem town to me, there also quiet a few that are points that seem more scum lean for me. Outside of that, I don't necissarily know who to put here. I'm still a bit behind since reading without my glasses suck, but'll try to finish that up in the next hour or so so I can formulate more opnions, especially ones that are my own and not jumping the band wagon.

3. I voted 12 for today (it looks like a magic book), though I've also been looking at 4(similar reason to Nat, it just looks so normal, makes it stand out from the other items), I also have been eyeing 16 a bit (gammer brain assosiated any red liquid in a small bottle as a healing potion).
rjDQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
[quote name="natsinabucket" date="2023-05-23 13:24:07" ] These feel like two opposite ideas? You don't like that I said there could be a town reason not to want roles revealed, but you also don't like that I didn't 100% hard reject Grow's idea on the basis that... roles being revealed could put a target on a town's back.[/quote] could be my wording that made it feel like two different ideas, to rephrase i believe that there is not a single town reason to not want your item revealed {barring all identifying information connecting it to you} the only reason that i could think someone would be hardstop trying to not get their item investigated would be that if it were investigated you were told on your rolecard you would have a debuff or some other negative thing happened. and i cant see anything negative coming from soomeones role being revealed that being a townie role at the least. [quote] To clarify my thoughts for you: I absolutely believe it is town to want to keep active roles a secret. It is an immediate red splatterpainted target on your back if mafia connects the number to a player. It also gives maf even more information than they start with, when they already have an information advantage. Mafia straight up does not need to know what roles town has, I believe that very firmly. That being said, if we're in a [b]lategame[/b] situation where there's not much to lose? Yeah, that's when revealing roles or roleclaiming starts to become valid in my eyes, so it's when we could [i]potentially[/i] attempt to test lucky numbers. [/quote] this is still disagree with. lategame and testing lucky numbers is an easy way to give mafia free kills. especially late game when there may not be that much town left i dont understand thinking thats a good idea. additional note i believe that maf and town both do not have access to a rolelist at the least to make it a even playing field. the no scrumreads isnt something to worry about right now as you said its only day 2 and nothing big has happened yet so its reasonable litterally the funny posts dont bother me, i know some people use it as a buffer for avoiding giving or analying information but you havent been doing that. and i totally understand how doing something like that could tank your mental health i encourage you to continue having fun! i just have audhd so sometimes fluff posts confuse me as i dont rlly have an understand of what friendships or relationships people have outside of my interactions with them but thats like the human experience lol and not something thats appropriate for me to read into xD
natsinabucket wrote on 2023-05-23 13:24:07:

These feel like two opposite ideas? You don't like that I said there could be a town reason not to want roles revealed, but you also don't like that I didn't 100% hard reject Grow's idea on the basis that... roles being revealed could put a target on a town's back.

could be my wording that made it feel like two different ideas, to rephrase i believe that there is not a single town reason to not want your item revealed {barring all identifying information connecting it to you} the only reason that i could think someone would be hardstop trying to not get their item investigated would be that if it were investigated you were told on your rolecard you would have a debuff or some other negative thing happened. and i cant see anything negative coming from soomeones role being revealed that being a townie role at the least.
Quote:
To clarify my thoughts for you: I absolutely believe it is town to want to keep active roles a secret. It is an immediate red splatterpainted target on your back if mafia connects the number to a player. It also gives maf even more information than they start with, when they already have an information advantage. Mafia straight up does not need to know what roles town has, I believe that very firmly. That being said, if we're in a lategame situation where there's not much to lose? Yeah, that's when revealing roles or roleclaiming starts to become valid in my eyes, so it's when we could potentially attempt to test lucky numbers.

this is still disagree with. lategame and testing lucky numbers is an easy way to give mafia free kills. especially late game when there may not be that much town left i dont understand thinking thats a good idea. additional note i believe that maf and town both do not have access to a rolelist at the least to make it a even playing field.

the no scrumreads isnt something to worry about right now as you said its only day 2 and nothing big has happened yet so its reasonable

litterally the funny posts dont bother me, i know some people use it as a buffer for avoiding giving or analying information but you havent been doing that. and i totally understand how doing something like that could tank your mental health i encourage you to continue having fun! i just have audhd so sometimes fluff posts confuse me as i dont rlly have an understand of what friendships or relationships people have outside of my interactions with them but thats like the human experience lol and not something thats appropriate for me to read into xD

nmHdjnM.png
xYQkuHQ.png
fkWjutW.png
[quote name="Scorisyn" date="2023-05-23 13:25:55" ] alright!! i forget a bit about that post but i know it was back when i thought that investigated role = possible debuff. it was in d1, actually, and i didn’t want to risk perhaps getting my identity revealed. now that it’s d2 and that’s only a role reveal, not a debuff, i’m honestly fine with having my item investigated. all i’ll say is that my role is helpful to town but i don’t think will put a target on my back. so, if my item gets investigated, i doubt mafia will want to find me (they likely want to target artmajor instead).[/quote] valid! were all getting new information each posts and i appreicate the opinion change. also this feels like a subtle way of saying your third party instead of town since you said hhelpful to town as if its a different entity then yourself. and all aditional good points! thanks for clearing it up on the amulet thing! and i dont think i have anything else to add
Scorisyn wrote on 2023-05-23 13:25:55:
alright!! i forget a bit about that post but i know it was back when i thought that investigated role = possible debuff. it was in d1, actually, and i didn’t want to risk perhaps getting my identity revealed. now that it’s d2 and that’s only a role reveal, not a debuff, i’m honestly fine with having my item investigated. all i’ll say is that my role is helpful to town but i don’t think will put a target on my back. so, if my item gets investigated, i doubt mafia will want to find me (they likely want to target artmajor instead).

valid! were all getting new information each posts and i appreicate the opinion change. also this feels like a subtle way of saying your third party instead of town since you said hhelpful to town as if its a different entity then yourself.

and all aditional good points! thanks for clearing it up on the amulet thing! and i dont think i have anything else to add

nmHdjnM.png
xYQkuHQ.png
fkWjutW.png
[quote name="natsinabucket" date="2023-05-23 13:37:38" ] I'm not sure I 100% understand this question- are you asking whether I would rather elim an inactive player [i]or[/i] one of the people sussing them? Because a lot of the people sussing them are my stronger townreads (including you haha) so my answer is I'd rather not pick based on activity at all if I can avoid it. [/quote] sorry lemme clear this up also i will answer the questions in just a sec i ment would you rather eliminate a inactive player or a player that we collectively agree is potentially scum aligned just based on the information we have right now which quite frankly is not alot to work with so potential scum - could just be wrong wording or lack of real opinions pushed forward or an inactive player
natsinabucket wrote on 2023-05-23 13:37:38:
I'm not sure I 100% understand this question- are you asking whether I would rather elim an inactive player or one of the people sussing them? Because a lot of the people sussing them are my stronger townreads (including you haha) so my answer is I'd rather not pick based on activity at all if I can avoid it.

sorry lemme clear this up also i will answer the questions in just a sec

i ment would you rather eliminate a inactive player or a player that we collectively agree is potentially scum aligned just based on the information we have right now which quite frankly is not alot to work with

so potential scum - could just be wrong wording or lack of real opinions pushed forward or an inactive player

nmHdjnM.png
xYQkuHQ.png
fkWjutW.png
[quote name="natsinabucket" date="2023-05-23 11:58:07" ] Alright, I won't make a whole long post on Grow, but I did the promised ISO and it didn't really change my opinion as much as I thought it might? I still like the train of thought vibe, and I think that Grow's explanation to Scorisyn on the one questionable post was a good one. I find the path of logic believable considering Grow doesn't have a lucky number. I just have a couple of questions for you @Grow and if you answered these elsewhere already I'm very sorry haha. This is your first post- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3240020/2#post_54204398]1[/url]. I think a fairly standard intro to start- neutral on D1 question and almost immediately wondered about vanilla townies/how many mafia there are/neutral parties. Could you potentially explain what prompted this line of thinking from the D1 question? Were you just trying to crack the setup of the game open early, or were you starting to theorize, or something? Tied to post [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3240020/6#post_54210119]5[/url]: [quote name="Grow" date="2023-05-19 19:22:36" ] Initially I thought that the amulet investigation thing was just for the lore and flavor. But now it sounds like the objects hidden on the other side of each door are indeed capable of granting special effects, it does make sense now that you can find clues about someone's alignment from which objects they're advocating for. [/quote] I guess my question here would be, just out of curiosity, why did you spend many of your first few posts on artifact investigation if you thought it was just flavor divorced from gameplay? (The whole of D1 discussion was largely centered around artifacts, so this isn't a Big Question and I don't think it leans you either way, I just want to get acquainted with your thought process here) Final question, do you still feel like item investigation is a net neutral in terms of what it says about town/maf alignment, or does the knowledge that it's probably related to wincons mean you're more willing to factor it into your reads? I don't think I would vote Grow today. Maybe not as strong town lean as I thought last night, but definitely a solid neutral, and not many things making me think scum. Ok. ISO part over. I don't know where this puts us in terms of voting- Scorisyn kinda said exactly what I was thinking about HalfMoons here- [quote name="Scorisyn" date="2023-05-23 10:18:28" ] [b]halfmoons[/b] … okay i get it, i understand irl difficulties, but simply hopping on to explain one single theory on why they picked a certain object makes me think that they haven’t been catching up with the discussion thread, at all. since the beginning of d2 we’ve been focusing more on reads, not objects, so i feel that they haven’t been looking at discussion. i pinged them asking for their opinions (and just some reads would be enough, not the kind of readlist i did lol), they didn’t respond. nat also pinged them and this feels like selective silence to me. and, i would’ve liked to hear the rest of their theories! anything that would help. [/quote] [/quote] Hello, I just woke up -- and I understand if you guys wanna elim me -- I know I'm likely to live the night because [b]maf would love keep me as a scapegoat[/b] I think the information revealed from my elim will be vital -- who had been pushing me & on the wagon, and there's gotta be at least one maf in them. I don't think maf would hard push me right off the bat, so maybe not Scor, but again I do not know her playstyle. I'm more interested at the people soft pushing me/staying slightly neutral but then willing to vote me Since coming from TOS I've always been used to a fixed role list with a certain number of mafia and neutral roles, and I find this helps me to figure out what I should be looking for. The uncertainly in these forum mafia games makes me rather uncomfortable & I'd like to figure out how many town vs mafia are there so it's easier to know if we need to take risks or we could play it safe. I made a lot of posts (even about the artifacts) since!! I really wanted to figure out how everything works for myself. I think it also has to do with my boring rolecard lol -- Being used to certainty, the uncertainty settles me. And I have quite a lot time currently so I made a lot of posts to theorize what was going on, because I think that if we get it right we're set to solve everything quickly. Okay, I made the second post since I the description of the game was that roles are kept hidden but will be revealed throughout the game, I thought they'll just leave flavor text that could explain what setups/roles there are in the game. But I'm not sure about that myself, since others were very interested in the items so maybe I was wrong and there's something more to it, like buffs/debuffs And I said that because I felt like it's just d1, and we basically know nothing about the items and for me it's still a mafia game & we'd need deduction, not a which-item-looks-spooky-game. So initially my opinion was talking about items doesn't reveal much. Well, and then since there's the lucky numbers I think my opinion has indeed changed, and what players vote do indeed reveal something -- but for now I'm not sure how how much it factors in -- a little or a lot? There's of course the amulet and Maf wouod prevent us from taking it, but that's no new knowledge. I think I'll need more information before reaching a conclusion And also talking about quiet players I don't think it's Halfmoons cuz...I think I've seen Moons in other forum games too and I think the activity makes sense? Idk There's not a lot to work with other than my gut. My gut also tells me it's not hotpants but ehh
natsinabucket wrote on 2023-05-23 11:58:07:
Alright, I won't make a whole long post on Grow, but I did the promised ISO and it didn't really change my opinion as much as I thought it might? I still like the train of thought vibe, and I think that Grow's explanation to Scorisyn on the one questionable post was a good one. I find the path of logic believable considering Grow doesn't have a lucky number.

I just have a couple of questions for you @Grow and if you answered these elsewhere already I'm very sorry haha.

This is your first post- 1. I think a fairly standard intro to start- neutral on D1 question and almost immediately wondered about vanilla townies/how many mafia there are/neutral parties. Could you potentially explain what prompted this line of thinking from the D1 question? Were you just trying to crack the setup of the game open early, or were you starting to theorize, or something?

Tied to post 5:
Grow wrote on 2023-05-19 19:22:36:
Initially I thought that the amulet investigation thing was just for the lore and flavor. But now it sounds like the objects hidden on the other side of each door are indeed capable of granting special effects, it does make sense now that you can find clues about someone's alignment from which objects they're advocating for.
I guess my question here would be, just out of curiosity, why did you spend many of your first few posts on artifact investigation if you thought it was just flavor divorced from gameplay? (The whole of D1 discussion was largely centered around artifacts, so this isn't a Big Question and I don't think it leans you either way, I just want to get acquainted with your thought process here)

Final question, do you still feel like item investigation is a net neutral in terms of what it says about town/maf alignment, or does the knowledge that it's probably related to wincons mean you're more willing to factor it into your reads?

I don't think I would vote Grow today. Maybe not as strong town lean as I thought last night, but definitely a solid neutral, and not many things making me think scum.

Ok. ISO part over.

I don't know where this puts us in terms of voting- Scorisyn kinda said exactly what I was thinking about HalfMoons here-
Scorisyn wrote on 2023-05-23 10:18:28:
halfmoons … okay i get it, i understand irl difficulties, but simply hopping on to explain one single theory on why they picked a certain object makes me think that they haven’t been catching up with the discussion thread, at all. since the beginning of d2 we’ve been focusing more on reads, not objects, so i feel that they haven’t been looking at discussion. i pinged them asking for their opinions (and just some reads would be enough, not the kind of readlist i did lol), they didn’t respond. nat also pinged them and this feels like selective silence to me. and, i would’ve liked to hear the rest of their theories! anything that would help.

Hello, I just woke up -- and I understand if you guys wanna elim me -- I know I'm likely to live the night because maf would love keep me as a scapegoat I think the information revealed from my elim will be vital -- who had been pushing me & on the wagon, and there's gotta be at least one maf in them. I don't think maf would hard push me right off the bat, so maybe not Scor, but again I do not know her playstyle. I'm more interested at the people soft pushing me/staying slightly neutral but then willing to vote me

Since coming from TOS I've always been used to a fixed role list with a certain number of mafia and neutral roles, and I find this helps me to figure out what I should be looking for. The uncertainly in these forum mafia games makes me rather uncomfortable & I'd like to figure out how many town vs mafia are there so it's easier to know if we need to take risks or we could play it safe.

I made a lot of posts (even about the artifacts) since!! I really wanted to figure out how everything works for myself. I think it also has to do with my boring rolecard lol -- Being used to certainty, the uncertainty settles me. And I have quite a lot time currently so I made a lot of posts to theorize what was going on, because I think that if we get it right we're set to solve everything quickly.

Okay, I made the second post since I the description of the game was that roles are kept hidden but will be revealed throughout the game, I thought they'll just leave flavor text that could explain what setups/roles there are in the game. But I'm not sure about that myself, since others were very interested in the items so maybe I was wrong and there's something more to it, like buffs/debuffs

And I said that because I felt like it's just d1, and we basically know nothing about the items and for me it's still a mafia game & we'd need deduction, not a which-item-looks-spooky-game. So initially my opinion was talking about items doesn't reveal much.

Well, and then since there's the lucky numbers I think my opinion has indeed changed, and what players vote do indeed reveal something -- but for now I'm not sure how how much it factors in -- a little or a lot? There's of course the amulet and Maf wouod prevent us from taking it, but that's no new knowledge. I think I'll need more information before reaching a conclusion

And also talking about quiet players I don't think it's Halfmoons cuz...I think I've seen Moons in other forum games too and I think the activity makes sense? Idk
There's not a lot to work with other than my gut.
My gut also tells me it's not hotpants but ehh
Quote:
2. will you rather eliminate an inactive player or someone who has a slight scumread on them {both hard choices but we should probably keep one in mind for today as im sure mafia will 100 percent make a kill}
3. Most items chosen today are also going off of day 1's i was drawn to this or im interested i know we can not make any sound investigations right now but id like to know what items you have lined up as most important to investigate

1. Id like to have an elimination today for sure, im just not sure its going to be realistic to make an informed one and with a player subbing out thats another hurdle as we obviously cant eliminate someone who was just given their role and arriving now

2. tbh because of how slight alot of the scumreads are, the fact that its usually based off of one post someone made that they may have backpeddled on or just a general vibe since were only day 2 im much more comfortable eliminating an inactive player. yes it sounds harsh i dont think anyone should be eliminated just for not knowing where to butt in, but is that how your going to play the whole time are you going to be silent not contribute and just not collaborate at all. id much prefer that not be the case and it could discourage mafia staying silent forcing them to try to navigate conversation and incriminate themselves to our benefit.

also from past experience of playing mafia when i first started out and i got mafia i stayed silent most of the game cause i just didnt know how to be mafia and pass as town, this is a common sentiment for most people and i think that is important to keep in mind for silent players would you rather try to figure it out and stumble a little or just straight up look suspicious when you dont

3. as for items i have nothing to go off of but personally id go 13 - the item i picked before i think its interesting that it has a metal pin in it that could be used to carry it around meaning it has to be like a super small bottle and id like to see what happens, 4 lanterns that could lead us somewhere or even be a benefical event which is purely speculative but it could be soemthing like a guiding light or whatnot i believe someone said something similar before. and number 8 is very interesting it feels like an artifact of sorts and id like to find out
Quote:

1. Id like to have an elimination today for sure, im just not sure its going to be realistic to make an informed one and with a player subbing out thats another hurdle as we obviously cant eliminate someone who was just given their role and arriving now

2. tbh because of how slight alot of the scumreads are, the fact that its usually based off of one post someone made that they may have backpeddled on or just a general vibe since were only day 2 im much more comfortable eliminating an inactive player. yes it sounds harsh i dont think anyone should be eliminated just for not knowing where to butt in, but is that how your going to play the whole time are you going to be silent not contribute and just not collaborate at all. id much prefer that not be the case and it could discourage mafia staying silent forcing them to try to navigate conversation and incriminate themselves to our benefit.

also from past experience of playing mafia when i first started out and i got mafia i stayed silent most of the game cause i just didnt know how to be mafia and pass as town, this is a common sentiment for most people and i think that is important to keep in mind for silent players would you rather try to figure it out and stumble a little or just straight up look suspicious when you dont

3. as for items i have nothing to go off of but personally id go 13 - the item i picked before i think its interesting that it has a metal pin in it that could be used to carry it around meaning it has to be like a super small bottle and id like to see what happens, 4 lanterns that could lead us somewhere or even be a benefical event which is purely speculative but it could be soemthing like a guiding light or whatnot i believe someone said something similar before. and number 8 is very interesting it feels like an artifact of sorts and id like to find out

nmHdjnM.png
xYQkuHQ.png
fkWjutW.png