Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC] CYOA - Operation Internship!
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 36 37
[center] @IllusiveFox[/center] [b]Day 7- Go Faster Stripes![/b] The nocturne's grin widens with excitement. "I knew it when I saw ye that ye were one of us," she cheers. She claps you on the shoulder and hurries back to the workshop, throwing open two cabinets worth of pressurized paint canisters. "Pick any colors ye want, I only got one rule: no green." Following her direction, you collect up your materials and make your way back outside to the launch pad. "Ye have a plan, right?" Max asks over the thunder, only to shake her head. "Ah, no matter." Without waiting for an answer, the nocturne leaps into the air, spraying the nose of the rocket with paint as she flies around it, giving you free reign over the rocket's body. Together, you and Max finish decorating the rocket, working to the cacophony of thunder and lightning. Once complete, the nocturne swiftly herds you back into the spire and into a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad. "Oh my, you have been working hard, haven't you?" A familiar guardian greets you cheerfully as the others in the room line up along the windows to watch the fueling team ready the rocket outside. "We saw you working out there, and at the last minute, too! Adequate work young intern. We might make a spark of you yet," Natalia enthuses, her attention turning to some paperwork as a countdown begins and you take your place by Max's side to watch the launch. "Why does the rocket have 'Whitecoats Stink' written on the side of it?" The bogsneak from before asks, glaring past you to Max, who is clearly feigning innocence. "Oh, does it? Ye know, I didn't even notice. Look at that." "My lab coat isn't even white," the scientist grumbles, his protest soon overshadowed by a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing smoke making way for orange flames as the rocket launches and room is filled with cheers and lackluster compliments. "'Ere," Max turns to you, offering a certificate adorned with purple ribbon, "Natalia says ye earned it. I agree. We'll see ye around, Crankshaft, but ye can see ye way out for the day. Stairs are the first door to the left, just follow the blue lights up...." [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ik7K1S9.png[/img]

Day 7- Go Faster Stripes!

The nocturne's grin widens with excitement. "I knew it when I saw ye that ye were one of us," she cheers. She claps you on the shoulder and hurries back to the workshop, throwing open two cabinets worth of pressurized paint canisters. "Pick any colors ye want, I only got one rule: no green." Following her direction, you collect up your materials and make your way back outside to the launch pad.

"Ye have a plan, right?" Max asks over the thunder, only to shake her head. "Ah, no matter."

Without waiting for an answer, the nocturne leaps into the air, spraying the nose of the rocket with paint as she flies around it, giving you free reign over the rocket's body. Together, you and Max finish decorating the rocket, working to the cacophony of thunder and lightning. Once complete, the nocturne swiftly herds you back into the spire and into a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad.

"Oh my, you have been working hard, haven't you?" A familiar guardian greets you cheerfully as the others in the room line up along the windows to watch the fueling team ready the rocket outside. "We saw you working out there, and at the last minute, too! Adequate work young intern. We might make a spark of you yet," Natalia enthuses, her attention turning to some paperwork as a countdown begins and you take your place by Max's side to watch the launch.

"Why does the rocket have 'Whitecoats Stink' written on the side of it?" The bogsneak from before asks, glaring past you to Max, who is clearly feigning innocence.

"Oh, does it? Ye know, I didn't even notice. Look at that."

"My lab coat isn't even white," the scientist grumbles, his protest soon overshadowed by a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing smoke making way for orange flames as the rocket launches and room is filled with cheers and lackluster compliments.

"'Ere," Max turns to you, offering a certificate adorned with purple ribbon, "Natalia says ye earned it. I agree. We'll see ye around, Crankshaft, but ye can see ye way out for the day. Stairs are the first door to the left, just follow the blue lights up...."

Ik7K1S9.png
8CsKgfH.png
[center] @Autumnus [/center] [b]Day 7- Fold It Neatly[/b] Deciding to fold the parachute neatly, your team of interns work together to keep hold of the canvas-like material as you direct them through every step. It's slow moving because of the wind, but together you manage to minimize the space the parachute takes up. After fitting it easily into the rocket's compartment, you receive a friendly smirk from the employee you temporarily replaced. "Done already, Crankshaft? Right, back inside then," Max commands, and you follow the group back to the spire and into a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad. "Oh my, you have been working hard, haven't you?" A familiar guardian greets you cheerfully as the others in the room line up along the windows to watch the fueling team ready the rocket outside. "Adequate work young intern. We might make a spark of you yet," Natalia enthuses, her attention turning to some paperwork as a countdown begins and you take your place by Max's side to watch the launch. At zero there is a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing smoke making way for orange flames as the rocket launches. It sputters as it continues its accent slowly, and Max gives you a curious side glance. Before she can ask you anything, the room is filled with cheers and lackluster compliments directed your way. "'Ere," Max turns to you, offering a certificate adorned with purple ribbon, "Natalia says ye earned it. I... suppose I agree. We'll see ye around, Crankshaft, but ye can see ye way out for the day. Stairs are the first door to the left, just follow the blue lights up...." [img]https://i.imgur.com/6hehZUb.png[/img]

Day 7- Fold It Neatly

Deciding to fold the parachute neatly, your team of interns work together to keep hold of the canvas-like material as you direct them through every step. It's slow moving because of the wind, but together you manage to minimize the space the parachute takes up. After fitting it easily into the rocket's compartment, you receive a friendly smirk from the employee you temporarily replaced.

"Done already, Crankshaft? Right, back inside then," Max commands, and you follow the group back to the spire and into a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad.

"Oh my, you have been working hard, haven't you?" A familiar guardian greets you cheerfully as the others in the room line up along the windows to watch the fueling team ready the rocket outside. "Adequate work young intern. We might make a spark of you yet," Natalia enthuses, her attention turning to some paperwork as a countdown begins and you take your place by Max's side to watch the launch.

At zero there is a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing smoke making way for orange flames as the rocket launches. It sputters as it continues its accent slowly, and Max gives you a curious side glance. Before she can ask you anything, the room is filled with cheers and lackluster compliments directed your way. "'Ere," Max turns to you, offering a certificate adorned with purple ribbon, "Natalia says ye earned it. I... suppose I agree. We'll see ye around, Crankshaft, but ye can see ye way out for the day. Stairs are the first door to the left, just follow the blue lights up...."

6hehZUb.png
8CsKgfH.png
[center]@Fabellaura[/center] [b]Day 7- Fold It Neatly[/b] Deciding to fold the parachute neatly, your team of interns work together to keep hold of the canvas-like material as you direct them through every step. It's slow moving because of the wind, but together you manage to minimize the space the parachute takes up. After fitting it easily into the rocket's compartment, you receive a friendly smirk from the employee you temporarily replaced. "Done already, Crankshaft? Right, back inside then," Max commands, and you follow the group back to the spire and into a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad. "Oh my, you have been working hard, haven't you?" A familiar guardian greets you cheerfully as the others in the room line up along the windows to watch the fueling team ready the rocket outside. "Adequate work young intern. We might make a spark of you yet," Natalia enthuses, her attention turning to some paperwork as a countdown begins and you take your place by Max's side to watch the launch. At zero there is a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing smoke making way for orange flames as the rocket launches. It sputters as it continues its accent slowly, and Max gives you a curious side glance. Before she can ask you anything, the room is filled with cheers and lackluster compliments directed your way. "'Ere," Max turns to you, offering a certificate adorned with purple ribbon, "Natalia says ye earned it. I... suppose I agree. We'll see ye around, Crankshaft, but ye can see ye way out for the day. Stairs are the first door to the left, just follow the blue lights up...." [img]https://i.imgur.com/LJ4f6QV.png[/img]

Day 7- Fold It Neatly

Deciding to fold the parachute neatly, your team of interns work together to keep hold of the canvas-like material as you direct them through every step. It's slow moving because of the wind, but together you manage to minimize the space the parachute takes up. After fitting it easily into the rocket's compartment, you receive a friendly smirk from the employee you temporarily replaced.

"Done already, Crankshaft? Right, back inside then," Max commands, and you follow the group back to the spire and into a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad.

"Oh my, you have been working hard, haven't you?" A familiar guardian greets you cheerfully as the others in the room line up along the windows to watch the fueling team ready the rocket outside. "Adequate work young intern. We might make a spark of you yet," Natalia enthuses, her attention turning to some paperwork as a countdown begins and you take your place by Max's side to watch the launch.

At zero there is a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing smoke making way for orange flames as the rocket launches. It sputters as it continues its accent slowly, and Max gives you a curious side glance. Before she can ask you anything, the room is filled with cheers and lackluster compliments directed your way. "'Ere," Max turns to you, offering a certificate adorned with purple ribbon, "Natalia says ye earned it. I... suppose I agree. We'll see ye around, Crankshaft, but ye can see ye way out for the day. Stairs are the first door to the left, just follow the blue lights up...."

LJ4f6QV.png
8CsKgfH.png
[center] @WaverVelvet[/center] [b]Day 7- Fold It Neatly[/b] Deciding to fold the parachute neatly, your team of interns work together to keep hold of the canvas-like material as you direct them through every step. It's slow moving because of the wind, but together you manage to minimize the space the parachute takes up. After fitting it easily into the rocket's compartment, you receive a friendly smirk from the employee you temporarily replaced. "Done already, Crankshaft? Right, back inside then," Max commands, and you follow the group back to the spire and into a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad. "Oh my, you have been working hard, haven't you?" A familiar guardian greets you cheerfully as the others in the room line up along the windows to watch the fueling team ready the rocket outside. "Adequate work young intern. We might make a spark of you yet," Natalia enthuses, her attention turning to some paperwork as a countdown begins and you take your place by Max's side to watch the launch. At zero there is a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing smoke making way for orange flames as the rocket launches. It sputters as it continues its accent slowly, and Max gives you a curious side glance. Before she can ask you anything, the room is filled with cheers and lackluster compliments directed your way. "'Ere," Max turns to you, offering a certificate adorned with purple ribbon, "Natalia says ye earned it. I... suppose I agree. We'll see ye around, Crankshaft, but ye can see ye way out for the day. Stairs are the first door to the left, just follow the blue lights up...." [img]https://i.imgur.com/ETjwsgo.png[/img]

Day 7- Fold It Neatly

ETjwsgo.png
8CsKgfH.png
[center] @sockmonkeygerald[/center] [b]Day 7- Find Max[/b] You excuse yourself as you duck around Steve and continue searching for your supervisor. "No interrupting, intern," one of the scientists try to stop you on the other side, but you manage to catch Max's attention and she drops everything to follow you back to the engine. "Stop what yer doin' we've got a situation," she commands the engineers, who step back without question. "Show me," she requests, and follows your direction to where you last felt the parts. "Mm," the nocturne pulls her goggles over her eyes and presses a button on the side, causing a light in the center to shine down, barely illuminating the plyer handles. "I've got just the AI for this," she assures, patting you on the shoulder. She slips two claws in her maw and whistles. Moments later another robotic arm on wheels zooms in. Unlike the others, this one only has two claws, which it opens and closes in acknowledgement. "Clamps, we need ye buddy. Initiate laser tracking." With another tap of her goggles the light switches over to a green laser pointer. She shines it on the plyer handles and Clamps whirrs and follows it, the robot's neck extending down into the machine so its claws can pinch round the pliers. "Hold out yer claws," Max tells you, and shines the laser onto your pads. With a few clinks of metal and several more whirrs, Clamps retrieves the tools and returns both to you with happy robotic chirps. "It's good ye got me, intern. The whole rocket could have fallen apart," Max commends as she turns off the laser. "Run the final tests on a closed loop. As soon as you confirm she's steady you can make the instillation. Intern, follow me, let's get goin'. By the time we get to the launch viewing, they'll be installin' the engine." You again find yourself twisting and turning through the maze of corridors, this time leading to a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad. "Oh my, you have been working hard, haven't you?" A familiar guardian greets you cheerfully as the others in the room line up along the windows to watch the fueling team ready the rocket outside. "Adequate work young intern. We might make a spark of you yet," Natalia enthuses, her attention turning to some paperwork as a countdown begins and you take your place by Max's side to watch the launch. At zero there is a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing smoke making way for orange flames as the rocket launches. It sputters as it continues its accent slowly, and Max gives you a curious side glance. Before she can ask you anything, the room is filled with cheers and a few lackluster compliments directed your way.. "'Ere," Max turns to you, offering a certificate adorned with purple ribbon, "Natalia says ye earned it. I... suppose I agree. We'll see ye around, Crankshaft, but ye can see ye way out for the day. Stairs are the first door to the left, just follow the blue lights up...." [img]https://i.imgur.com/9GRUz5a.png[/img]

Day 7- Find Max

You excuse yourself as you duck around Steve and continue searching for your supervisor.

"No interrupting, intern," one of the scientists try to stop you on the other side, but you manage to catch Max's attention and she drops everything to follow you back to the engine. "Stop what yer doin' we've got a situation," she commands the engineers, who step back without question. "Show me," she requests, and follows your direction to where you last felt the parts. "Mm," the nocturne pulls her goggles over her eyes and presses a button on the side, causing a light in the center to shine down, barely illuminating the plyer handles.

"I've got just the AI for this," she assures, patting you on the shoulder. She slips two claws in her maw and whistles. Moments later another robotic arm on wheels zooms in. Unlike the others, this one only has two claws, which it opens and closes in acknowledgement.

"Clamps, we need ye buddy. Initiate laser tracking." With another tap of her goggles the light switches over to a green laser pointer. She shines it on the plyer handles and Clamps whirrs and follows it, the robot's neck extending down into the machine so its claws can pinch round the pliers. "Hold out yer claws," Max tells you, and shines the laser onto your pads.

With a few clinks of metal and several more whirrs, Clamps retrieves the tools and returns both to you with happy robotic chirps.

"It's good ye got me, intern. The whole rocket could have fallen apart," Max commends as she turns off the laser. "Run the final tests on a closed loop. As soon as you confirm she's steady you can make the instillation. Intern, follow me, let's get goin'. By the time we get to the launch viewing, they'll be installin' the engine."

You again find yourself twisting and turning through the maze of corridors, this time leading to a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad.

At zero there is a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing smoke making way for orange flames as the rocket launches. It sputters as it continues its accent slowly, and Max gives you a curious side glance. Before she can ask you anything, the room is filled with cheers and a few lackluster compliments directed your way.. "'Ere," Max turns to you, offering a certificate adorned with purple ribbon, "Natalia says ye earned it. I... suppose I agree. We'll see ye around, Crankshaft, but ye can see ye way out for the day. Stairs are the first door to the left, just follow the blue lights up...."

9GRUz5a.png
8CsKgfH.png
[center] @Bxy26[/center] [b]Day 7- Tell Steve[/b] Steve winks at you mischievously and listens to your plight. "No worries, I solve problems like this alll the time. Follow me!" The ridgeback leads you back over to the engine, which is now unattended, and has you point out where the tools were last located. "Okay, I know what to do. I'll get an opening for you, and you reach in and grab them out." He picks up a hammer and wedges the back against part of the engine, tilting the tool to pull apart some of the metal, allowing you more room to reach inside and remove the tools. One tricky game of operation later and you successfully remove the tools, but when Steve releases the hammer there is a solid BANG and it falls down deep into the engine, followed by what appears to be an essential part of the engine. Before either of you can attempt to fix the problem, the engineers return and once again shoo you from their workplace. "There ye are, intern. Ye got that part nice and polished. Clamps is set to help install it now," Max greets you by the control panel, gesturing to a fifth robot arm that enters with your cleaned part. "Steve... keeping yer claws to yerself I hope?" The nocturne adds and the ridgeback gives an enthusiastic nod. "Right then, let's get goin', by the time we get to the launch viewing, they'll be installin' the engine." You again find yourself twisting and turning through the maze of corridors, this time leading to a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad. "Oh my, you have been working hard, haven't you?" A familiar guardian greets you cheerfully as the others in the room line up along the windows to watch the fueling team ready the rocket outside. "Adequate work young intern. We might make a spark of you yet," Natalia enthuses, her attention turning to some paperwork as a countdown begins and you take your place by Max's side to watch the launch. At zero there is a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing with smoke, making way for orange flames as the rocket begins its launch. Max gives you a curious side glance. Her maw opens to speak but she's caught off by a near-deafening- [size=7][b][i]BOOOOOOOOOOM![/i][/b][/size] The rocket is barely off the launch pad when it explodes, going up in a ball of flames. The room grows quiet for what seems like an eternity, only for Max to break the tension. She starts with a chuckle, quickly rolling over into hysterical laughter as the other sparks join in. "Wow, Crankshaft. Ye might make a fine employee yet. 'Ere," the engineer offers you a certificate. "Natalia wanted to certify ye but I had a better idea. Booms happen. What matters is what ye do different next time. For example, never get help from Steve," she advises sternly, but her smile returns. "Ye can see yerself out for the day though, make a left and follow the blue lights up. We'll see ye 'round." [img]https://i.imgur.com/8JDPtVP.png[/img]

Day 7- Tell Steve

Steve winks at you mischievously and listens to your plight.

"No worries, I solve problems like this alll the time. Follow me!" The ridgeback leads you back over to the engine, which is now unattended, and has you point out where the tools were last located. "Okay, I know what to do. I'll get an opening for you, and you reach in and grab them out." He picks up a hammer and wedges the back against part of the engine, tilting the tool to pull apart some of the metal, allowing you more room to reach inside and remove the tools.

One tricky game of operation later and you successfully remove the tools, but when Steve releases the hammer there is a solid BANG and it falls down deep into the engine, followed by what appears to be an essential part of the engine.

Before either of you can attempt to fix the problem, the engineers return and once again shoo you from their workplace.

"There ye are, intern. Ye got that part nice and polished. Clamps is set to help install it now," Max greets you by the control panel, gesturing to a fifth robot arm that enters with your cleaned part. "Steve... keeping yer claws to yerself I hope?" The nocturne adds and the ridgeback gives an enthusiastic nod.

"Right then, let's get goin', by the time we get to the launch viewing, they'll be installin' the engine."

You again find yourself twisting and turning through the maze of corridors, this time leading to a new room. It’s dominated by a large strip of window facing out to the launch pad.

At zero there is a rumble to match Stormcatcher's thunder, billowing with smoke, making way for orange flames as the rocket begins its launch. Max gives you a curious side glance. Her maw opens to speak but she's caught off by a near-deafening-

BOOOOOOOOOOM!

The rocket is barely off the launch pad when it explodes, going up in a ball of flames.

The room grows quiet for what seems like an eternity, only for Max to break the tension. She starts with a chuckle, quickly rolling over into hysterical laughter as the other sparks join in.

"Wow, Crankshaft. Ye might make a fine employee yet. 'Ere," the engineer offers you a certificate. "Natalia wanted to certify ye but I had a better idea. Booms happen. What matters is what ye do different next time. For example, never get help from Steve," she advises sternly, but her smile returns. "Ye can see yerself out for the day though, make a left and follow the blue lights up. We'll see ye 'round."

8JDPtVP.png
8CsKgfH.png
[center] @ViralN9[/center] [b]Day 7- Anything to Stop the Guilt Trip[/b] You leave the crankshaft on your work surface and head for the doors in the hopes of running into Max again, but instead you bump into another employee, a ridgeback who jumps slightly at the barely-avoided collision. "Hey there, silly hat! You okay? Kind of spooked me there," the dragon laughs as he steps aside so you can get through but blocking the door on the way. "Move it Steve," another engineer says as she pushes through, but the ridgeback seems un-phased. "Oh! Well, I guess that makes me Steve then, huh. You might have heard of me. I'm sort of famous around these parts." "More like infamous," another dragon mutters as they squeeze past. If the 'celebrity' heard it, he certainly seemed to take it well. "If you need anything, you come to your Auntie Steve, okay? I'm not as stiff as the rest of the sparks, won't report you if there are any... accidents." Steve winks at you mischievously and listens to your plight. "No worries, I solve problems like this all the time. Follow me!" The ridgeback leads you back over to the engine, which is now unattended, and has you point out where the tools were last located. "Okay, I know what to do. I'll get an opening for you, and you reach in and grab them out." He picks up a hammer and wedges the back against part of the engine, tilting the tool to pull apart some of the metal, allowing you more room to reach inside and remove the tools. One tricky game of operation later and you successfully remove the tools, but when Steve releases the hammer there is a solid BANG and it falls down deep into the engine, followed by what appears to be an essential part of the engine. Before either of you can attempt to fix the problem, the engineers return and once again shoo you from their workplace. "There ye are, intern. Ye got that part nice and polished. Clamps is set to help install it now," Max greets you by the control panel, gesturing to a fifth robot arm that enters with your cleaned part. "Steve... keeping yer claws to yerself I hope?" The nocturne adds and the ridgeback gives an enthusiastic nod. When the robotic assistants finish putting the final part in place, they rearrange themselves to make an advanced engine test stand. Screens flicker to life within the glass walls, the data newly displayed is stagnant until Max gives her command. "Ach, good. Right then, fire it up when ready, one last test of moving parts before we put 'er in the rocket proper. We're lookin' for 'er to be steady, so go for a closed loop." With a press of a button the engine starts to come to life, lines of data appearing on the screens as the engineers watch carefully. The sensors detect the problem first, picking up on an unstable frequency just as the engine rumbles and lets out a metallic scream of grinding gears. "Should we turn it off?" One of the employees ask as the engine rattles and shakes and begins to smoke from the strain of movement. "Adding a crankshaft shouldn't have caused THIS! What happened?" The other engineer scrambles and starts pressing buttons as the engine begins to spark. Max turns to you with a stern gaze, though her eyes slowly wander to Steve. "What did ye two get up to?" She accuses, "whatever it was ye need to fix it. This gal's supposed to launch a rocket by-" "Max, we have a problem!" With clattering and clanking the engine is falling to pieces on the workshop floor. The robots continue to move it but soon find themselves with nothing but stray parts. "Get out." Max snaps bitterly at Steve, who immediately turns on his heel and leaves the workshop. The nocturne lets out a long sigh as she gazes over the loss of hours and hours of hard work. "Ye too," she adds, her gaze seething as it turns on you. "Take this and go." She shoves a certificate at you and looks away. Better get going. [img]https://i.imgur.com/rhdUXPL.png[/img]

Day 7- Anything to Stop the Guilt Trip

You leave the crankshaft on your work surface and head for the doors in the hopes of running into Max again, but instead you bump into another employee, a ridgeback who jumps slightly at the barely-avoided collision.

"Hey there, silly hat! You okay? Kind of spooked me there," the dragon laughs as he steps aside so you can get through but blocking the door on the way.

"Move it Steve," another engineer says as she pushes through, but the ridgeback seems un-phased.

"Oh! Well, I guess that makes me Steve then, huh. You might have heard of me. I'm sort of famous around these parts."

"More like infamous," another dragon mutters as they squeeze past. If the 'celebrity' heard it, he certainly seemed to take it well.

"If you need anything, you come to your Auntie Steve, okay? I'm not as stiff as the rest of the sparks, won't report you if there are any... accidents." Steve winks at you mischievously and listens to your plight.

"No worries, I solve problems like this all the time. Follow me!" The ridgeback leads you back over to the engine, which is now unattended, and has you point out where the tools were last located. "Okay, I know what to do. I'll get an opening for you, and you reach in and grab them out." He picks up a hammer and wedges the back against part of the engine, tilting the tool to pull apart some of the metal, allowing you more room to reach inside and remove the tools.

One tricky game of operation later and you successfully remove the tools, but when Steve releases the hammer there is a solid BANG and it falls down deep into the engine, followed by what appears to be an essential part of the engine.

Before either of you can attempt to fix the problem, the engineers return and once again shoo you from their workplace.

"There ye are, intern. Ye got that part nice and polished. Clamps is set to help install it now," Max greets you by the control panel, gesturing to a fifth robot arm that enters with your cleaned part. "Steve... keeping yer claws to yerself I hope?" The nocturne adds and the ridgeback gives an enthusiastic nod.

When the robotic assistants finish putting the final part in place, they rearrange themselves to make an advanced engine test stand. Screens flicker to life within the glass walls, the data newly displayed is stagnant until Max gives her command.

"Ach, good. Right then, fire it up when ready, one last test of moving parts before we put 'er in the rocket proper. We're lookin' for 'er to be steady, so go for a closed loop." With a press of a button the engine starts to come to life, lines of data appearing on the screens as the engineers watch carefully.

The sensors detect the problem first, picking up on an unstable frequency just as the engine rumbles and lets out a metallic scream of grinding gears. "Should we turn it off?" One of the employees ask as the engine rattles and shakes and begins to smoke from the strain of movement.

"Adding a crankshaft shouldn't have caused THIS! What happened?" The other engineer scrambles and starts pressing buttons as the engine begins to spark. Max turns to you with a stern gaze, though her eyes slowly wander to Steve.

"What did ye two get up to?" She accuses, "whatever it was ye need to fix it. This gal's supposed to launch a rocket by-"

"Max, we have a problem!"

With clattering and clanking the engine is falling to pieces on the workshop floor. The robots continue to move it but soon find themselves with nothing but stray parts.

"Get out." Max snaps bitterly at Steve, who immediately turns on his heel and leaves the workshop. The nocturne lets out a long sigh as she gazes over the loss of hours and hours of hard work. "Ye too," she adds, her gaze seething as it turns on you. "Take this and go." She shoves a certificate at you and looks away.

Better get going.

rhdUXPL.png
8CsKgfH.png
[center]@tigressRising[/center] [b]Day 7- Anything to Stop the Guilt Trip[/b] You leave the crankshaft on your work surface and head for the doors in the hopes of running into Max again, but instead you bump into another employee, a ridgeback who jumps slightly at the barely-avoided collision. "Hey there, silly hat! You okay? Kind of spooked me there," the dragon laughs as he steps aside so you can get through but blocking the door on the way. "Move it Steve," another engineer says as she pushes through, but the ridgeback seems un-phased. "Oh! Well, I guess that makes me Steve then, huh. You might have heard of me. I'm sort of famous around these parts." "More like infamous," another dragon mutters as they squeeze past. If the 'celebrity' heard it, he certainly seemed to take it well. "If you need anything, you come to your Auntie Steve, okay? I'm not as stiff as the rest of the sparks, won't report you if there are any... accidents." Steve winks at you mischievously and listens to your plight. "No worries, I solve problems like this all the time. Follow me!" The ridgeback leads you back over to the engine, which is now unattended, and has you point out where the tools were last located. "Okay, I know what to do. I'll get an opening for you, and you reach in and grab them out." He picks up a hammer and wedges the back against part of the engine, tilting the tool to pull apart some of the metal, allowing you more room to reach inside and remove the tools. One tricky game of operation later and you successfully remove the tools, but when Steve releases the hammer there is a solid BANG and it falls down deep into the engine, followed by what appears to be an essential part of the engine. Before either of you can attempt to fix the problem, the engineers return and once again shoo you from their workplace. "There ye are, intern. Ye got that part nice and polished. Clamps is set to help install it now," Max greets you by the control panel, gesturing to a fifth robot arm that enters with your cleaned part. "Steve... keeping yer claws to yerself I hope?" The nocturne adds and the ridgeback gives an enthusiastic nod. When the robotic assistants finish putting the final part in place, they rearrange themselves to make an advanced engine test stand. Screens flicker to life within the glass walls, the data newly displayed is stagnant until Max gives her command. "Ach, good. Right then, fire it up when ready, one last test of moving parts before we put 'er in the rocket proper. We're lookin' for 'er to be steady, so go for a closed loop." With a press of a button the engine starts to come to life, lines of data appearing on the screens as the engineers watch carefully. The sensors detect the problem first, picking up on an unstable frequency just as the engine rumbles and lets out a metallic scream of grinding gears. "Should we turn it off?" One of the employees ask as the engine rattles and shakes and begins to smoke from the strain of movement. "Adding a crankshaft shouldn't have caused THIS! What happened?" The other engineer scrambles and starts pressing buttons as the engine begins to spark. Max turns to you with a stern gaze, though her eyes slowly wander to Steve. "What did ye two get up to?" She accuses, "whatever it was ye need to fix it. This gal's supposed to launch a rocket by-" "Max, we have a problem!" With clattering and clanking the engine is falling to pieces on the workshop floor. The robots continue to move it but soon find themselves with nothing but stray parts. "Get out." Max snaps bitterly at Steve, who immediately turns on his heel and leaves the workshop. The nocturne lets out a long sigh as she gazes over the loss of hours and hours of hard work. "Ye too," she adds, her gaze seething as it turns on you. "Take this and go." She shoves a certificate at you and looks away. Better get going. [img]https://i.imgur.com/0gMJ0dP.png[/img]

You leave the crankshaft on your work surface and head for the doors in the hopes of running into Max again, but instead you bump into another employee, a ridgeback who jumps slightly at the barely-avoided collision.

"Hey there, silly hat! You okay? Kind of spooked me there," the dragon laughs as he steps aside so you can get through but blocking the door on the way.

"Move it Steve," another engineer says as she pushes through, but the ridgeback seems un-phased.

"Oh! Well, I guess that makes me Steve then, huh. You might have heard of me. I'm sort of famous around these parts."

"More like infamous," another dragon mutters as they squeeze past. If the 'celebrity' heard it, he certainly seemed to take it well.

"If you need anything, you come to your Auntie Steve, okay? I'm not as stiff as the rest of the sparks, won't report you if there are any... accidents." Steve winks at you mischievously and listens to your plight.

"No worries, I solve problems like this all the time. Follow me!" The ridgeback leads you back over to the engine, which is now unattended, and has you point out where the tools were last located. "Okay, I know what to do. I'll get an opening for you, and you reach in and grab them out." He picks up a hammer and wedges the back against part of the engine, tilting the tool to pull apart some of the metal, allowing you more room to reach inside and remove the tools.

When the robotic assistants finish putting the final part in place, they rearrange themselves to make an advanced engine test stand. Screens flicker to life within the glass walls, the data newly displayed is stagnant until Max gives her command.

"Ach, good. Right then, fire it up when ready, one last test of moving parts before we put 'er in the rocket proper. We're lookin' for 'er to be steady, so go for a closed loop." With a press of a button the engine starts to come to life, lines of data appearing on the screens as the engineers watch carefully.

The sensors detect the problem first, picking up on an unstable frequency just as the engine rumbles and lets out a metallic scream of grinding gears. "Should we turn it off?" One of the employees ask as the engine rattles and shakes and begins to smoke from the strain of movement.

"Adding a crankshaft shouldn't have caused THIS! What happened?" The other engineer scrambles and starts pressing buttons as the engine begins to spark. Max turns to you with a stern gaze, though her eyes slowly wander to Steve.

"What did ye two get up to?" She accuses, "whatever it was ye need to fix it. This gal's supposed to launch a rocket by-"

With clattering and clanking the engine is falling to pieces on the workshop floor. The robots continue to move it but soon find themselves with nothing but stray parts.

"Get out." Max snaps bitterly at Steve, who immediately turns on his heel and leaves the workshop. The nocturne lets out a long sigh as she gazes over the loss of hours and hours of hard work. "Ye too," she adds, her gaze seething as it turns on you. "Take this and go." She shoves a certificate at you and looks away.

Better get going.

0gMJ0dP.png
8CsKgfH.png
[center] @kitty1425[/center] [b]Day 7- Anything to Stop the Guilt Trip[/b] You leave the crankshaft on your work surface and head for the doors in the hopes of running into Max again, but instead you bump into another employee, a ridgeback who jumps slightly at the barely-avoided collision. "Hey there, silly hat! You okay? Kind of spooked me there," the dragon laughs as he steps aside so you can get through but blocking the door on the way. "Move it Steve," another engineer says as she pushes through, but the ridgeback seems un-phased. "Oh! Well, I guess that makes me Steve then, huh. You might have heard of me. I'm sort of famous around these parts." "More like infamous," another dragon mutters as they squeeze past. If the 'celebrity' heard it, he certainly seemed to take it well. "If you need anything, you come to your Auntie Steve, okay? I'm not as stiff as the rest of the sparks, won't report you if there are any... accidents." Steve winks at you mischievously and listens to your plight. "No worries, I solve problems like this all the time. Follow me!" The ridgeback leads you back over to the engine, which is now unattended, and has you point out where the tools were last located. "Okay, I know what to do. I'll get an opening for you, and you reach in and grab them out." He picks up a hammer and wedges the back against part of the engine, tilting the tool to pull apart some of the metal, allowing you more room to reach inside and remove the tools. One tricky game of operation later and you successfully remove the tools, but when Steve releases the hammer there is a solid BANG and it falls down deep into the engine, followed by what appears to be an essential part of the engine. Before either of you can attempt to fix the problem, the engineers return and once again shoo you from their workplace. "There ye are, intern. Ye got that part nice and polished. Clamps is set to help install it now," Max greets you by the control panel, gesturing to a fifth robot arm that enters with your cleaned part. "Steve... keeping yer claws to yerself I hope?" The nocturne adds and the ridgeback gives an enthusiastic nod. When the robotic assistants finish putting the final part in place, they rearrange themselves to make an advanced engine test stand. Screens flicker to life within the glass walls, the data newly displayed is stagnant until Max gives her command. "Ach, good. Right then, fire it up when ready, one last test of moving parts before we put 'er in the rocket proper. We're lookin' for 'er to be steady, so go for a closed loop." With a press of a button the engine starts to come to life, lines of data appearing on the screens as the engineers watch carefully. The sensors detect the problem first, picking up on an unstable frequency just as the engine rumbles and lets out a metallic scream of grinding gears. "Should we turn it off?" One of the employees ask as the engine rattles and shakes and begins to smoke from the strain of movement. "Adding a crankshaft shouldn't have caused THIS! What happened?" The other engineer scrambles and starts pressing buttons as the engine begins to spark. Max turns to you with a stern gaze, though her eyes slowly wander to Steve. "What did ye two get up to?" She accuses, "whatever it was ye need to fix it. This gal's supposed to launch a rocket by-" "Max, we have a problem!" With clattering and clanking the engine is falling to pieces on the workshop floor. The robots continue to move it but soon find themselves with nothing but stray parts. "Get out." Max snaps bitterly at Steve, who immediately turns on his heel and leaves the workshop. The nocturne lets out a long sigh as she gazes over the loss of hours and hours of hard work. "Ye too," she adds, her gaze seething as it turns on you. "Take this and go." She shoves a certificate at you and looks away. Better get going. [img]https://i.imgur.com/RTskbGI.png[/img]

Better get going.

RTskbGI.png
8CsKgfH.png
[b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2940027][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/29401/2940027_350.png[/img][/url] Day 7 Suggest setting it up to do multiple files at once:[/b] It could have gone a lot worse, is Parinux's immediate response. The choice to suggest multiple pages over focusing on the keywords is going to nag at him though. He blinks a little owlishly at the accident sign. Somehow, he's connected to it, and the long line of others behind him who'd made one small slip up or another, that ultimately amounted to catastrophe. It's...something. Dalfyn patted Parinux's shoulder before saying a quick goodbye. Other than him, Parinux hadn't met an awful lot of people. He had a few more days before he was scheduled to return. What could he spend his time on? Maybe that nest and breakfast. Of course, this wasn't a gripping story, like the ones they'd listen to around the campfire. There weren't any sudden coincidences or run-ins or dramatic reveals (usually) in life. He wasn't sure what he'd expected to find here, in this hot, dry realm. There was a small part of him that had hoped... Well. It was enough to be here, to hold even the smallest connection to his homeland. He neatly folded the Certificate of Adequacy, taking care not to bend the wax stamp. He'd put it up in his private quarters. --- [i]Thank you to all the organizers of this event. This is the most sustained and consistent writing I've done in a long time, and I just got out of school, so that's saying something! I'm new to writing lore, so it was fun to come up with a backstory for one of my favorite dragons, and slot him into the world y'all created for us. This must have been a major undertaking for y'all. Congrats on getting to the end of this sprawling choose your own adventure story.[/i]
2940027_350.png

Day 7
Suggest setting it up to do multiple files at once:

It could have gone a lot worse, is Parinux's immediate response. The choice to suggest multiple pages over focusing on the keywords is going to nag at him though.

He blinks a little owlishly at the accident sign. Somehow, he's connected to it, and the long line of others behind him who'd made one small slip up or another, that ultimately amounted to catastrophe. It's...something.

Dalfyn patted Parinux's shoulder before saying a quick goodbye. Other than him, Parinux hadn't met an awful lot of people. He had a few more days before he was scheduled to return. What could he spend his time on? Maybe that nest and breakfast.

Of course, this wasn't a gripping story, like the ones they'd listen to around the campfire. There weren't any sudden coincidences or run-ins or dramatic reveals (usually) in life. He wasn't sure what he'd expected to find here, in this hot, dry realm. There was a small part of him that had hoped...

Well. It was enough to be here, to hold even the smallest connection to his homeland. He neatly folded the Certificate of Adequacy, taking care not to bend the wax stamp. He'd put it up in his private quarters.

---

Thank you to all the organizers of this event. This is the most sustained and consistent writing I've done in a long time, and I just got out of school, so that's saying something! I'm new to writing lore, so it was fun to come up with a backstory for one of my favorite dragons, and slot him into the world y'all created for us. This must have been a major undertaking for y'all. Congrats on getting to the end of this sprawling choose your own adventure story.
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 36 37