Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [END] Mafia: World of Movies - Main
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58 59
Woah, any chance i can get a summary of what i missed in this thread?
Woah, any chance i can get a summary of what i missed in this thread?
ug7lou7.pngh1p5AvZ.pngY6VGWdQ.png
@ChaoticCalamity
I wasn't?
@ChaoticCalamity
I wasn't?
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
where did you get that?
where did you get that?
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
@Clw23
If you were a 3p lynching another 3p.
@Clw23
If you were a 3p lynching another 3p.
bann.png
As some people already mentioned my question regarding third parties was intentionally left vague. I was curious how people would interpret the question and how they might respond. I also asked the question because I was looking to see if anyone would advocate straight up lynching third parties (no matter alignment), which I view as kind of scummy. I do find it interesting those who said something along the lines of 3p's adding an extra element of fun and nothing more on the topic, but that's just something I noticed. @Oralee Regarding your clarification on day one lynching, from what I can tell there's 14 people in the game, not 10. Does that change your thoughts on it? I do agree with having a reason behind the lynch, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference regarding the number of people considering it yields information either way. [quote name="@clw23" date="2019-06-20 12:36:09" ] [quote]Anyway, I have my own question, if you all don't mind. What do you think of third parties? I'll answer myself, but I'd like to see other answers first.[/quote] Lynch them if there are no people I'm fairly sure are mafia. Killing another neutral can't hurt most of the time. [/quote] [center]lol me and wording things wrong on accident. I meant neutrals in general are ok to kill since it wouldn't hurt town. [/center] This is what I meant when I said you say strange things. Even if you're not sure of someone being mafia you might still have an educated guess. What about neutrals? And I think if you're lynching a neutral 3p over supposed mafia it's hurtful to town. [quote]Harmful 3ps tend to act just about the same as mafia anyways so I consider it another form of scumhunting.[/quote] @ChaoticCalamity I'm liking this statement. Though considering it is a b*stard game I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one 3p.
As some people already mentioned my question regarding third parties was intentionally left vague. I was curious how people would interpret the question and how they might respond. I also asked the question because I was looking to see if anyone would advocate straight up lynching third parties (no matter alignment), which I view as kind of scummy. I do find it interesting those who said something along the lines of 3p's adding an extra element of fun and nothing more on the topic, but that's just something I noticed.

@Oralee Regarding your clarification on day one lynching, from what I can tell there's 14 people in the game, not 10. Does that change your thoughts on it? I do agree with having a reason behind the lynch, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference regarding the number of people considering it yields information either way.
@clw23 wrote on 2019-06-20 12:36:09:
Quote:
Anyway, I have my own question, if you all don't mind. What do you think of third parties? I'll answer myself, but I'd like to see other answers first.

Lynch them if there are no people I'm fairly sure are mafia. Killing another neutral can't hurt most of the time.
lol me and wording things wrong on accident. I meant neutrals in general are ok to kill since it wouldn't hurt town.

This is what I meant when I said you say strange things. Even if you're not sure of someone being mafia you might still have an educated guess. What about neutrals? And I think if you're lynching a neutral 3p over supposed mafia it's hurtful to town.
Quote:
Harmful 3ps tend to act just about the same as mafia anyways so I consider it another form of scumhunting.

@ChaoticCalamity I'm liking this statement. Though considering it is a b*stard game I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one 3p.

vV5jbm.png
Darn it. I centered something when I meant to quote it. [quote]lol me and wording things wrong on accident. I meant neutrals in general are ok to kill since it wouldn't hurt town. [/quote] This was meant to be quoted but my mind kept trying to center things instead.
Darn it. I centered something when I meant to quote it.
Quote:
lol me and wording things wrong on accident. I meant neutrals in general are ok to kill since it wouldn't hurt town.

This was meant to be quoted but my mind kept trying to center things instead.
vV5jbm.png
@Cognitive
Yes. I think I just remembered how many people necessary to have the game begin. XD. Yeah, I'm for random lynching, though since everyone's talking there's not a super easy option (I usually just go for lynching someone who doesn't talk).
@Cognitive
Yes. I think I just remembered how many people necessary to have the game begin. XD. Yeah, I'm for random lynching, though since everyone's talking there's not a super easy option (I usually just go for lynching someone who doesn't talk).
FRT +3 | She/her/hers | ISTP
Hi!
What do I think about 3Ps?
Well, they’re quite fun to have around, sometimes pretty harmless, so if they don’t pose significant danger to us, I usually wouldn’t push to lynch them. However, if we couldn’t find anyone scummy enough to lynch, I might vote for them if it’s confirmed that they are 3p (unless it’s a jester lol)
Hi!
What do I think about 3Ps?
Well, they’re quite fun to have around, sometimes pretty harmless, so if they don’t pose significant danger to us, I usually wouldn’t push to lynch them. However, if we couldn’t find anyone scummy enough to lynch, I might vote for them if it’s confirmed that they are 3p (unless it’s a jester lol)
[quote name="@ChaoticCalamity" date="2019-06-20 16:50:53" ] @/MagykalWagykal Hey~ Well I definitely like your response more than your initial posts. Forcing conversation still runs the risk of you seeming like you're trying to hard to seem towny. How would you have played differently in that situation? @/Clw23 I dunno. That's why I asked if you were. It was a really weird word choice but not necessarily a scummy one, almost seemed like you were talking from the perspective of a 3p player. But like I said I don't think there's going to be 3ps in a game like this so it was just a small poke. [/quote] In what situation? xD Sorry, just got back from swim team, and I'm SLAMMED. Also, how are you accusing people of trying too hard to sound town-y when you're doing the same thing...? Seems a bit hypocritical. [quote name="@Cognitive" date="2019-06-20 17:42:52" ] As some people already mentioned my question regarding third parties was intentionally left vague. I was curious how people would interpret the question and how they might respond. I also asked the question because I was looking to see if anyone would advocate straight up lynching third parties (no matter alignment), which I view as kind of scummy. I do find it interesting those who said something along the lines of 3p's adding an extra element of fun and nothing more on the topic, but that's just something I noticed. @Oralee Regarding your clarification on day one lynching, from what I can tell there's 14 people in the game, not 10. Does that change your thoughts on it? I do agree with having a reason behind the lynch, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference regarding the number of people considering it yields information either way. [quote name="@/clw23" date="2019-06-20 12:36:09" ] [quote]Anyway, I have my own question, if you all don't mind. What do you think of third parties? I'll answer myself, but I'd like to see other answers first.[/quote] Lynch them if there are no people I'm fairly sure are mafia. Killing another neutral can't hurt most of the time. [/quote] [center]lol me and wording things wrong on accident. I meant neutrals in general are ok to kill since it wouldn't hurt town. [/center] This is what I meant when I said you say strange things. Even if you're not sure of someone being mafia you might still have an educated guess. What about neutrals? And I think if you're lynching a neutral 3p over supposed mafia it's hurtful to town. [quote]Harmful 3ps tend to act just about the same as mafia anyways so I consider it another form of scumhunting.[/quote] @/ChaoticCalamity I'm liking this statement. Though considering it is a b*stard game I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one 3p. [/quote] WAIT If there are fourteen people in the game, we should have 4-ish/5-ish Mafia members if you keep the 1:3 ratio, right? If Oralee thought there were only ten players instead of fourteen, maybe it was because she was only counting the members of town. This is totally a half-baked theory, but I think there's some merit looking into it. It's just a little odd. Going to bed. Ciao ciao ciaoooooo
@ChaoticCalamity wrote on 2019-06-20 16:50:53:
@/MagykalWagykal

Hey~

Well I definitely like your response more than your initial posts. Forcing conversation still runs the risk of you seeming like you're trying to hard to seem towny.

How would you have played differently in that situation?

@/Clw23
I dunno. That's why I asked if you were.

It was a really weird word choice but not necessarily a scummy one, almost seemed like you were talking from the perspective of a 3p player. But like I said I don't think there's going to be 3ps in a game like this so it was just a small poke.

In what situation? xD Sorry, just got back from swim team, and I'm SLAMMED.

Also, how are you accusing people of trying too hard to sound town-y when you're doing the same thing...? Seems a bit hypocritical.
@Cognitive wrote on 2019-06-20 17:42:52:
As some people already mentioned my question regarding third parties was intentionally left vague. I was curious how people would interpret the question and how they might respond. I also asked the question because I was looking to see if anyone would advocate straight up lynching third parties (no matter alignment), which I view as kind of scummy. I do find it interesting those who said something along the lines of 3p's adding an extra element of fun and nothing more on the topic, but that's just something I noticed.

@Oralee Regarding your clarification on day one lynching, from what I can tell there's 14 people in the game, not 10. Does that change your thoughts on it? I do agree with having a reason behind the lynch, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference regarding the number of people considering it yields information either way.
@/clw23 wrote on 2019-06-20 12:36:09:
Quote:
Anyway, I have my own question, if you all don't mind. What do you think of third parties? I'll answer myself, but I'd like to see other answers first.

Lynch them if there are no people I'm fairly sure are mafia. Killing another neutral can't hurt most of the time.

This is what I meant when I said you say strange things. Even if you're not sure of someone being mafia you might still have an educated guess. What about neutrals? And I think if you're lynching a neutral 3p over supposed mafia it's hurtful to town.
Quote:
Harmful 3ps tend to act just about the same as mafia anyways so I consider it another form of scumhunting.

@/ChaoticCalamity I'm liking this statement. Though considering it is a b*stard game I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one 3p.

WAIT

If there are fourteen people in the game, we should have 4-ish/5-ish Mafia members if you keep the 1:3 ratio, right? If Oralee thought there were only ten players instead of fourteen, maybe it was because she was only counting the members of town. This is totally a half-baked theory, but I think there's some merit looking into it. It's just a little odd.

Going to bed. Ciao ciao ciaoooooo
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
@Oralee Wait, you have me a bit confused now. [quote name="Oralee" date="2019-06-20 08:27:43" ] Oh, and opinions on third parties for Cog. Hm... In the games I've been in, I've liked having third parties around. They add an interesting extra element, and, if designed correctly, either help a weak mafia or help/hurt both mafia and town equally. However, I've never been in a game where a 3rd party win-con is game ending, so I'm not sure whether I'd like them as much in that circumstance. XD I should probably also clarify my lynching opinion. With ten people, we have a decent chance of hitting mafia, but a higher chance of hitting town. With so few people, I'd rather find someone who there's some reasonable suspicion for if we do choose a D1 lynching [b](That is, I'm not going to refuse it but I'd like to see some reasoning beyond "Gosh, they haven't spoken" and the like, which is reasoning I consider reasonable in, say, a fifteen person game.)[/b] [/quote] [quote name="/Oralee" date="2019-06-20 18:44:51" ] @/Cognitive Yes. I think I just remembered how many people necessary to have the game begin. XD. Yeah, I'm for random lynching, though since everyone's talking there's not a super easy option [b](I usually just go for lynching someone who doesn't talk).[/b] [/quote] In the first bold you say you look for a reason beyond someone hasn't talk. In the second you contradict yourself by saying you usually go for someone who doesn't talk? @MagykalWagykal Wouldn't that ratio make it 3 mafia?
@Oralee Wait, you have me a bit confused now.
Oralee wrote on 2019-06-20 08:27:43:
Oh, and opinions on third parties for Cog. Hm...
In the games I've been in, I've liked having third parties around. They add an interesting extra element, and, if designed correctly, either help a weak mafia or help/hurt both mafia and town equally. However, I've never been in a game where a 3rd party win-con is game ending, so I'm not sure whether I'd like them as much in that circumstance. XD

I should probably also clarify my lynching opinion. With ten people, we have a decent chance of hitting mafia, but a higher chance of hitting town. With so few people, I'd rather find someone who there's some reasonable suspicion for if we do choose a D1 lynching (That is, I'm not going to refuse it but I'd like to see some reasoning beyond "Gosh, they haven't spoken" and the like, which is reasoning I consider reasonable in, say, a fifteen person game.)
/Oralee wrote on 2019-06-20 18:44:51:
@/Cognitive

In the first bold you say you look for a reason beyond someone hasn't talk. In the second you contradict yourself by saying you usually go for someone who doesn't talk?

@MagykalWagykal Wouldn't that ratio make it 3 mafia?

vV5jbm.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58 59