Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Hunger Games Sim RP interest check?
1 2
So this is an idea that I've been bouncing around in my head for a while now and I've decided to just go ahead and ask if anyone would be interested. We would need at least 24 people interested for this to work- if not, I can always enter my own dragons, but I'd like to have a good amount of people involved.

This RP will involve use of the Brantsteele Hunger Games Simulator. We will have 24 different dragons be entered in the simulator, where it will spawn events that our dragons partake in. However, here is where it gets different: We will roleplay each event out.

So, how will this work?

First of all, the events will be edited to be far more vague than the default ones provided. For example, instead of "(player1) kills (player2) with an ax", it'll simply be "(player1) kills (player2)". This way, it's up for the players involved to write out how the event plays out. How your character kills another, or how your character reacts to anything, you literally have the freedom to write your character in any way you want. Here's what I mean: perhaps you get an event where your dragon kills another, and your dragon is a pacifist and would never kill someone. Well, perhaps it was in self-defense, or maybe it was an accident. It's up to you. The only thing you can't change is events given to you. If you character dies, you can't change your character dying.

Days and Nights will be 48 hours long in real time, to give everybody a chance to roleplay. The Bloodbath, Feast, and Arena events will only be 24 hours long. Your event for each phase will be sent to you via PM. You don't need to stick to only the events sent to you, by the way. You must roleplay those events out, but you can also do other things like interact with other dragons that aren't in your event. I will give a list of what you can and can't do- don't worry, I'll be pretty lax, I'm only just going to ban the obvious.

The Bloodbath will be an interesting part, and here's how it will play out. There will be a set number of items in the cornucopia. You can choose whether to run or to take an item. If you choose to take an item, you can take any of the current items- first come, first served. If someone else wants the same item you picked, you can either back off, or fight for it. If you choose to fight for it, there will be a dice roll involved to determine who wins the fight and gets the item.

What you can do:
  • Attack other players
  • Steal from other players (this will be a RNG-based system, maybe something just as simple as a dice roll)
  • Talk with other players
  • Become mates with other players as long as it's consensual
  • Form allies and/or groups that your dragon travels in
  • Build a new weapon for yourself
  • Frolic around in a field of flowers
  • Basically anything that's not in the list below

What you absolutely CANNOT do:
  • Kill someone else if it's not in the event you've been given
  • Kill yourself without an event saying you've died
  • God-mod (control other players)
  • If you choose to steal from another player, you can't just say you got whatever you wanted from them. If the odds aren't in your favor, then don't complain about it and move on
  • Have it make sense. Don't just pull out a grenade and use it to kill someone when you haven't been given a grenade earlier in the roleplay.

I'll add more that I can think of.

You should post at least once a day and roleplay the event given, but you can definitely do more. I'm not sure what to do if a player becomes inactive, but I'll think of something. That being said, you should make sure you're going to be active. If something comes up in the middle of the game, let me know.

The simulator will be set on high death rate because if not, the game will go on forever. However sometimes this will cause the game to be a jerk and kill everybody off in the first 2 days. If that happens, we will do another round.

Also, know that going in, this simulator is based on random events and luck. Your dragon's skills will have no effect on the outcome. A tiny fae has the same chance of winning as a giant imperial.

I'm not sure if I'll have the districts based on flights, but that being said we will have to have a "whatever" district, since there are 11 flights and 12 districts. I think the best way to go with that is have flight-based district where you can enter either a dragon that belongs in a clan of that flight, or is of that element. For example, in the Arcane district, you can enter either a dragon that has the Arcane element, or a dragon that lives in an arcane clan, or both, but you can't have a water dragon that lives in a plague clan enter the Arcane district. I think that's the best way to do it, or simply just not have any restrictions, let me know what you think is best.

There are more mechanics and rules I can go over later, but that's the gist of it, and I wanted to see if anybody is interested before I go any further.

People Interested:
  1. @cognitive
  2. @hiss
  3. @Eevee200
  4. @SilentWinter91
  5. @Mismas
  6. @Zeedikay
  7. @lavendetta
  8. @Akal
  9. @StarlitFire
  10. @Kivovis
  11. @purplehibiscus
  12. @lummox
So this is an idea that I've been bouncing around in my head for a while now and I've decided to just go ahead and ask if anyone would be interested. We would need at least 24 people interested for this to work- if not, I can always enter my own dragons, but I'd like to have a good amount of people involved.

This RP will involve use of the Brantsteele Hunger Games Simulator. We will have 24 different dragons be entered in the simulator, where it will spawn events that our dragons partake in. However, here is where it gets different: We will roleplay each event out.

So, how will this work?

First of all, the events will be edited to be far more vague than the default ones provided. For example, instead of "(player1) kills (player2) with an ax", it'll simply be "(player1) kills (player2)". This way, it's up for the players involved to write out how the event plays out. How your character kills another, or how your character reacts to anything, you literally have the freedom to write your character in any way you want. Here's what I mean: perhaps you get an event where your dragon kills another, and your dragon is a pacifist and would never kill someone. Well, perhaps it was in self-defense, or maybe it was an accident. It's up to you. The only thing you can't change is events given to you. If you character dies, you can't change your character dying.

Days and Nights will be 48 hours long in real time, to give everybody a chance to roleplay. The Bloodbath, Feast, and Arena events will only be 24 hours long. Your event for each phase will be sent to you via PM. You don't need to stick to only the events sent to you, by the way. You must roleplay those events out, but you can also do other things like interact with other dragons that aren't in your event. I will give a list of what you can and can't do- don't worry, I'll be pretty lax, I'm only just going to ban the obvious.

The Bloodbath will be an interesting part, and here's how it will play out. There will be a set number of items in the cornucopia. You can choose whether to run or to take an item. If you choose to take an item, you can take any of the current items- first come, first served. If someone else wants the same item you picked, you can either back off, or fight for it. If you choose to fight for it, there will be a dice roll involved to determine who wins the fight and gets the item.

What you can do:
  • Attack other players
  • Steal from other players (this will be a RNG-based system, maybe something just as simple as a dice roll)
  • Talk with other players
  • Become mates with other players as long as it's consensual
  • Form allies and/or groups that your dragon travels in
  • Build a new weapon for yourself
  • Frolic around in a field of flowers
  • Basically anything that's not in the list below

What you absolutely CANNOT do:
  • Kill someone else if it's not in the event you've been given
  • Kill yourself without an event saying you've died
  • God-mod (control other players)
  • If you choose to steal from another player, you can't just say you got whatever you wanted from them. If the odds aren't in your favor, then don't complain about it and move on
  • Have it make sense. Don't just pull out a grenade and use it to kill someone when you haven't been given a grenade earlier in the roleplay.

I'll add more that I can think of.

You should post at least once a day and roleplay the event given, but you can definitely do more. I'm not sure what to do if a player becomes inactive, but I'll think of something. That being said, you should make sure you're going to be active. If something comes up in the middle of the game, let me know.

The simulator will be set on high death rate because if not, the game will go on forever. However sometimes this will cause the game to be a jerk and kill everybody off in the first 2 days. If that happens, we will do another round.

Also, know that going in, this simulator is based on random events and luck. Your dragon's skills will have no effect on the outcome. A tiny fae has the same chance of winning as a giant imperial.

I'm not sure if I'll have the districts based on flights, but that being said we will have to have a "whatever" district, since there are 11 flights and 12 districts. I think the best way to go with that is have flight-based district where you can enter either a dragon that belongs in a clan of that flight, or is of that element. For example, in the Arcane district, you can enter either a dragon that has the Arcane element, or a dragon that lives in an arcane clan, or both, but you can't have a water dragon that lives in a plague clan enter the Arcane district. I think that's the best way to do it, or simply just not have any restrictions, let me know what you think is best.

There are more mechanics and rules I can go over later, but that's the gist of it, and I wanted to see if anybody is interested before I go any further.

People Interested:
  1. @cognitive
  2. @hiss
  3. @Eevee200
  4. @SilentWinter91
  5. @Mismas
  6. @Zeedikay
  7. @lavendetta
  8. @Akal
  9. @StarlitFire
  10. @Kivovis
  11. @purplehibiscus
  12. @lummox
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
@werelynx I'm super interested!
@werelynx I'm super interested!
vV5jbm.png
@cognitive Cool! I just thought of something for one of the districts, the "whatever" district? So we'd have the 11 flight districts, and then the 12th district would be a "Beastclan" district, where two people can play as familiars instead? What do you think?

I could always put in one of my familiars in case not enough people were interested
@cognitive Cool! I just thought of something for one of the districts, the "whatever" district? So we'd have the 11 flight districts, and then the 12th district would be a "Beastclan" district, where two people can play as familiars instead? What do you think?

I could always put in one of my familiars in case not enough people were interested
@Werelynx

This is a cool idea! Though, I have a question. Would be be taking control of another person's character in the event that our character killed them, or would the two people work together to write out a scenario?
@Werelynx

This is a cool idea! Though, I have a question. Would be be taking control of another person's character in the event that our character killed them, or would the two people work together to write out a scenario?
NXwxhXo.png
@hiss

I would expect that the two people would work it out together. For example, maybe one player could be like "I swing my sword", and the other person could either say they dodged it, or were hit and killed instantly, their choice- the one who's supposed to die can drag the fight out as long as they want, as long as they die in the end.
@hiss

I would expect that the two people would work it out together. For example, maybe one player could be like "I swing my sword", and the other person could either say they dodged it, or were hit and killed instantly, their choice- the one who's supposed to die can drag the fight out as long as they want, as long as they die in the end.
@Werelynx
Interest, applied
@Werelynx
Interest, applied
@Werelynx

This sounds like a very interesting idea for a Hunger Games simulator! I would love to participate in something a little like this!
@Werelynx

This sounds like a very interesting idea for a Hunger Games simulator! I would love to participate in something a little like this!
@Werelynx I think the Beastclans idea could work! It's worth a try.
@Werelynx I think the Beastclans idea could work! It's worth a try.
vV5jbm.png
@Werelynx

I like this idea alot, im up for it!
@Werelynx

I like this idea alot, im up for it!
iZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.pngiZBk3Io.png
@Werelynx
This does seem interesting. I'd be looking forward to when this starts up properly!
@Werelynx
This does seem interesting. I'd be looking forward to when this starts up properly!
1 2