Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Night 5] Sound of Magic
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
((OK i really have been so busy with dom yikes, i think im just going to have to cut it off here so i can finish the doc im working on and leave that here to be worked on for the remainder of the week)) @ cyberstrike [quote]Madaline glanced around, hoping nothing went too wrong, and that no one would get hurt should it go awry. positioning herself right over the pool, she shot a small bolt of plague magic magicit, hoping it would do something. [/quote] [center][i][ Riddle Room ][/i][/center] Aside from muddying the water into a rather unhealthy looking color, no secret corridors or passageways seem to be opening. After a few minutes of thinking about alternatives, you can't help but notice that the sickly water drains out into thin cracks in the floor. It's replaced by much cleaner water only a minute later. Even if there isn't a clear opening to access below the floor, there must be something down there. Still, it looks like you'll have to go about solving this riddle first... - - - @ zenyattas [quote]Well, here's to hoping the maze of a library wouldn't lead him crashing into another dragon.[/quote] [center][i][ Library (North) ][/i] [/center] Successfully, Odette doesn't bump into Shadowbinder a second time. Although, they initially [i]thought[/i] they would as they walked into the room, as it absolutely stunk of ink. Feeling around the tables, whoever was in charge of this sector in the Library left it an absolute mess! There are half-filled and empty bottles of ink everywhere. Feeling his way around, it appears that there is one door approximately to the left of where Odette entered, and two to his right. - - - @ packook [quote] Well might as well try a door in this room. She turned to her right and entered through that door. [/quote] [center][i][ Library (West) ] [/i][/center] Having her patience tested, Shadowbinder chooses to take the northern door of the room. However, it appears to be... locked? Instead of a regular padlock or something of the sort, it looks like it needs some kind of [b]password [/b]to unlock. A set of [b]eight[/b], miniature slots seem to be installed into the door as a mechanism instead of a handle. The slots can be scrolled through one digit at a time, going from 0 to 9 and then A to Z. [b]This means that the password could be either a set of numbers, letters, or a combination of both.[/b] Additionally, something seems to be sticking out from beneath the password input slots. You manage to dig your claws into the thin object and pull it out. It's a... reverse punch card, of sorts? Instead of inserting the card to get results, the door spat it back out at you to relay information. Aside from small indentations along the sides in braille, you notice that the card is actually a checklist. N-0085, W-0991, S-2265...? There's quite a few numbers on this list. Thirty four, to be exact... and you have no idea what any of them could mean. Fortunately, or perhaps, [i]unfortunately[/i]... you're in a library. Which means you have the research tools at your disposal to try and get some results, even if it is the rather tedious way... [b]((PLEASE refrain from posting after this point! ill send out a mass ping with the newest task attached))[/b]
((OK i really have been so busy with dom yikes, i think im just going to have to cut it off here so i can finish the doc im working on and leave that here to be worked on for the remainder of the week))

@ cyberstrike

Quote:
Madaline glanced around, hoping nothing went too wrong, and that no one would get hurt should it go awry. positioning herself right over the pool, she shot a small bolt of plague magic magicit, hoping it would do something.

[ Riddle Room ]

Aside from muddying the water into a rather unhealthy looking color, no secret corridors or passageways seem to be opening. After a few minutes of thinking about alternatives, you can't help but notice that the sickly water drains out into thin cracks in the floor. It's replaced by much cleaner water only a minute later. Even if there isn't a clear opening to access below the floor, there must be something down there.

Still, it looks like you'll have to go about solving this riddle first...

- - -

@ zenyattas
Quote:
Well, here's to hoping the maze of a library wouldn't lead him crashing into another dragon.

[ Library (North) ]

Successfully, Odette doesn't bump into Shadowbinder a second time.

Although, they initially thought they would as they walked into the room, as it absolutely stunk of ink. Feeling around the tables, whoever was in charge of this sector in the Library left it an absolute mess! There are half-filled and empty bottles of ink everywhere.

Feeling his way around, it appears that there is one door approximately to the left of where Odette entered, and two to his right.

- - -

@ packook
Quote:
Well might as well try a door in this room. She turned to her right and entered through that door.

[ Library (West) ]

Having her patience tested, Shadowbinder chooses to take the northern door of the room. However, it appears to be... locked?

Instead of a regular padlock or something of the sort, it looks like it needs some kind of password to unlock. A set of eight, miniature slots seem to be installed into the door as a mechanism instead of a handle. The slots can be scrolled through one digit at a time, going from 0 to 9 and then A to Z. This means that the password could be either a set of numbers, letters, or a combination of both.

Additionally, something seems to be sticking out from beneath the password input slots. You manage to dig your claws into the thin object and pull it out.

It's a... reverse punch card, of sorts? Instead of inserting the card to get results, the door spat it back out at you to relay information. Aside from small indentations along the sides in braille, you notice that the card is actually a checklist.

N-0085, W-0991, S-2265...?

There's quite a few numbers on this list. Thirty four, to be exact... and you have no idea what any of them could mean.

Fortunately, or perhaps, unfortunately... you're in a library. Which means you have the research tools at your disposal to try and get some results, even if it is the rather tedious way...

((PLEASE refrain from posting after this point! ill send out a mass ping with the newest task attached))
RmHSCAk.png NjbUgLV.png ycEeRDZ.png ONw09wm.pngRmHSCAk.png

- - -

((SO dom has kept me really busy among other things, i know this is literally a week late but... yeah you'll see why when you click the doc lol there's a lot of text in there. i doubt youll need a full week to find the secrets i hid in all that massive text but i did promise a week so the day will officially end a week from me making this post. if there's information you want to discuss out of character, as always please turn to the OOC thread! it definitely makes clue-related discussions that much easier.

if you have any questions feel free to leave them in the ooc thread! i wont be able to respond to any pings until monday, as i have to focus on dom + ill be out most of sunday. also sorry for making the doc so big i may have gotten carried away LOL.... good luck....))

@chaoticCorvus @Lummox @Cyberstrike @Cacogen @Mismas @Clevercosplay @AemonTargaryen @Zeedikay @flybeatRemix @Nanosaur @Akal @ophician @Hiss @SparkyFlames @nubbyshouts @zenyattas @Blushweaver @Moonpelt @Epioth @packook @stormdreamer

- - -

((SO dom has kept me really busy among other things, i know this is literally a week late but... yeah you'll see why when you click the doc lol there's a lot of text in there. i doubt youll need a full week to find the secrets i hid in all that massive text but i did promise a week so the day will officially end a week from me making this post. if there's information you want to discuss out of character, as always please turn to the OOC thread! it definitely makes clue-related discussions that much easier.

if you have any questions feel free to leave them in the ooc thread! i wont be able to respond to any pings until monday, as i have to focus on dom + ill be out most of sunday. also sorry for making the doc so big i may have gotten carried away LOL.... good luck....))

@chaoticCorvus @Lummox @Cyberstrike @Cacogen @Mismas @Clevercosplay @AemonTargaryen @Zeedikay @flybeatRemix @Nanosaur @Akal @ophician @Hiss @SparkyFlames @nubbyshouts @zenyattas @Blushweaver @Moonpelt @Epioth @packook @stormdreamer

((I'm back! I'll try to be useful, but I'm not very good at puzzles))

Liling headed to to the library where Shadowbinder was, barely fazed by the revived soul while her heart felt burdened. Even though she hadn't voted for any dragon, she felt bad that such a innocent dragon died. Making it there unusually quickly, she began reading as soon as she saw the padlock.
((I'm back! I'll try to be useful, but I'm not very good at puzzles))

Liling headed to to the library where Shadowbinder was, barely fazed by the revived soul while her heart felt burdened. Even though she hadn't voted for any dragon, she felt bad that such a innocent dragon died. Making it there unusually quickly, she began reading as soon as she saw the padlock.
@chaoticCorvus @Lummox @Cyberstrike @Cacogen @Mismas @Clevercosplay @AemonTargaryen @Zeedikay @flybeatRemix @Nanosaur @Akal @ophician @Hiss @SparkyFlames @nubbyshouts @zenyattas @Blushweaver @Moonpelt @Epioth @packook @stormdreamer @DarKhepri

It's been a super long time, but night is finally passing! Hope y'all managed to get something out of the rather massive Library Database (in the post I made above in case you haven't seen it yet), and if not that's okay. School and work are coming back for some which makes keeping up with the game harder, so I appreciate everyone who's still able to chip in even just a little bit!

Remember, no kills can be made today so everyone is safe... for the most part.

im also running on maybe 3 hours of sleep tops lol forgive me if i happen to make a mistake or two along the way
@chaoticCorvus @Lummox @Cyberstrike @Cacogen @Mismas @Clevercosplay @AemonTargaryen @Zeedikay @flybeatRemix @Nanosaur @Akal @ophician @Hiss @SparkyFlames @nubbyshouts @zenyattas @Blushweaver @Moonpelt @Epioth @packook @stormdreamer @DarKhepri

It's been a super long time, but night is finally passing! Hope y'all managed to get something out of the rather massive Library Database (in the post I made above in case you haven't seen it yet), and if not that's okay. School and work are coming back for some which makes keeping up with the game harder, so I appreciate everyone who's still able to chip in even just a little bit!

Remember, no kills can be made today so everyone is safe... for the most part.

im also running on maybe 3 hours of sleep tops lol forgive me if i happen to make a mistake or two along the way
[center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/73897/7389655p.png[/img] [size=5] [b]Woops![/b] [/size] If you see this post, please refrain from posting below it! This will be edited into the next section of story, or may be an important update. While waiting for the next update, [url=http://www.jacksonpollock.org/]why not make some fancy paint blotches?[/url] Casual conversation can still take place in the OOC thread at this time! [/center]
7389655p.png

Woops!

If you see this post, please refrain from posting below it! This will be edited into the next section of story, or may be an important update. While waiting for the next update, why not make some fancy paint blotches? Casual conversation can still take place in the OOC thread at this time!

1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57