TOPIC | [CLOSED] All in! - Cooking Contest
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
:> Bump for today.

@hawchoo - That looks delicious! Yum~
:> Bump for today.

@hawchoo - That looks delicious! Yum~
RU7fXDq.png
@maplebit @Shellhead
Dunno if they'll join but they've been such good contestants in other contests I've been in.
@maplebit @Shellhead
Dunno if they'll join but they've been such good contestants in other contests I've been in.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro6_250.gifShadowPlagueanimation_zps69efc874.gifDVEpARr.png
@EmpathNaga

omg thank you for pinging me. I've not been on much so I've probably missed a ton of contests...

It's also almost my birthday so it may be time to make something ridiculously complex for it :
@EmpathNaga

omg thank you for pinging me. I've not been on much so I've probably missed a ton of contests...

It's also almost my birthday so it may be time to make something ridiculously complex for it :
Bumpity Bump~ Happy Trickmurk everyone~!
Also, @AgentModem I wanted to ask about something. If I decided to include one recipe, then include the recipe for something to go with it like a sauce or a glaze, would that be considered two recipes or can I include them both?
Bumpity Bump~ Happy Trickmurk everyone~!
Also, @AgentModem I wanted to ask about something. If I decided to include one recipe, then include the recipe for something to go with it like a sauce or a glaze, would that be considered two recipes or can I include them both?
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro6_250.gifShadowPlagueanimation_zps69efc874.gifDVEpARr.png
@empathnaga I think sauces and glazes are part of the main recipe
@empathnaga I think sauces and glazes are part of the main recipe
2ZeGYU1.png
he/him/his
Woo progress! I have had a CRAZY weekend so I haven't had a chance to be on much. I will catch up on some prizes for pinging later tonight (hopefully) and get the prize packs up sometime tomorrow.
Woo progress! I have had a CRAZY weekend so I haven't had a chance to be on much. I will catch up on some prizes for pinging later tonight (hopefully) and get the prize packs up sometime tomorrow.
2ZeGYU1.png
he/him/his
SABLE SABLE COOKIES [img]http://i.imgur.com/E8GsQf9.png[/img] It's the Shadow flight, right? So there's gotta be cookies! This was inspired by some wordplay, mostly. In English the word "sable" (SAY-bul), which y'all might know from Pokemon's Sableye, is a word that mostly isn't used, but it means "black." Well, in French, the word "sable" (SAH-blay) means 'sand.' To make a long story short, these are chocolate, black sable cookies. Sable cookies have a lot of dry ingredients in ratio to wet ingredients, giving the dough a very sandy texture, hence the name. I also made a chocolate mirror glaze to serve with them because to me "black mirror" makes me think of shadows very well. [b]SAYBLE SAHBLE INGREDIENTS AND TOOLS:[/b] [LIST] [*]3 oz bittersweet chocolate, frozen so it doesn't melt later. [*]1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour [*]1/3 cup cocoa powder [*]1/4 tsp salt [*]1/4 tsp baking soda [*]11 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick + a little less than half a stick) [*]1 cup sugar [*]1 large egg yolk [*]Parchment Paper [/LIST] [b]INSTRUCTIONS:[/b] [LIST] [*]Shred/grate the chocolate as fine as you can get it and set aside. [*]Mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda together. [*]With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar until just combined. Once that's done, add the egg yolk and combine together. [*]Add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well-incorporated. It'll look a little weird since it's supposed to be drier than most other batters. [*]Fold in the grated chocolate. [*]Work the dough with your claws to make it more compact. Be careful not to knead it too hard. [*] Chill the dough* for about an hour, then form into half-inch disks on a sheet of parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 350 and let the disks chill in the fridge for around 15 minutes. [*] Bake for 12-14 minutes. If you wanna make some linzer-style cookies like I have in the picture, use an apple corer to take out the center as soon as they come out of the oven and they're still soft. The dough will break apart if you try to do it raw. [/LIST] That's all for the cookies! Now, the original recipe says to form it into a log and chill it to make it easier to cut out disks and bake, but when I did, well....the logs kinda fell apart, and I had to form them into disks with my claws. But they still turned out great! For the dark mirror glaze, I had to work harder because the measurements were all metric, so my measurements are a little weird. [b]DARK MIRROR GLAZE INGREDIENTS:[/b] [LIST] [*]2 tsp gelatin powder [*]2 oz bittersweet chocolate [*]3/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar [*]1/2 cup water [*]3 tbsp + 1 tsp Heavy cream [*]3 tbsp + 1 tsp cocoa powder [/LIST] [b]INSTRUCTIONS:[/b] [LIST] [*]Bloom the gelatin in a bowl of cold water for at least 10 minutes. [*]Combine sugar, water, cream, and cocoa powder in a small pot and place on medium-high heat stirring constantly to combine until it boils a little. [*]Add the chocolate and continue stirring until it's all thoroughly combined. [*]Strain gelatin in a fine strainer and add to the mixture, still stirring. [*]Once it's all combined, put the mixture in a bowl and cover it, then chill it overnight. This glaze doesn't get thick or hard, though it might need to be heated through before serving. I prefer to use it like a dipping sauce. [/LIST] [b]OTHER IDEAS:[/b] Add some peppermint oil or crushed peppermint candies to the cookies. Substitute vanilla for the chocolate in the cookie recipe. AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! My Sable Sable cookies with Dark Mirror Glaze! The cookies fall apart in your mouth and each of these are VERY rich in chocolate flavor. Hope y'all enjoy~
SABLE SABLE COOKIES
E8GsQf9.png
It's the Shadow flight, right? So there's gotta be cookies!
This was inspired by some wordplay, mostly. In English the word "sable" (SAY-bul), which y'all might know from Pokemon's Sableye, is a word that mostly isn't used, but it means "black." Well, in French, the word "sable" (SAH-blay) means 'sand.'
To make a long story short, these are chocolate, black sable cookies. Sable cookies have a lot of dry ingredients in ratio to wet ingredients, giving the dough a very sandy texture, hence the name. I also made a chocolate mirror glaze to serve with them because to me "black mirror" makes me think of shadows very well.

SAYBLE SAHBLE INGREDIENTS AND TOOLS:
  • 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, frozen so it doesn't melt later.
  • 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 11 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick + a little less than half a stick)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • Parchment Paper

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Shred/grate the chocolate as fine as you can get it and set aside.
  • Mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda together.
  • With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar until just combined. Once that's done, add the egg yolk and combine together.
  • Add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well-incorporated. It'll look a little weird since it's supposed to be drier than most other batters.
  • Fold in the grated chocolate.
  • Work the dough with your claws to make it more compact. Be careful not to knead it too hard.
  • Chill the dough* for about an hour, then form into half-inch disks on a sheet of parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 350 and let the disks chill in the fridge for around 15 minutes.
  • Bake for 12-14 minutes. If you wanna make some linzer-style cookies like I have in the picture, use an apple corer to take out the center as soon as they come out of the oven and they're still soft. The dough will break apart if you try to do it raw.

That's all for the cookies! Now, the original recipe says to form it into a log and chill it to make it easier to cut out disks and bake, but when I did, well....the logs kinda fell apart, and I had to form them into disks with my claws. But they still turned out great! For the dark mirror glaze, I had to work harder because the measurements were all metric, so my measurements are a little weird.

DARK MIRROR GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 tsp gelatin powder
  • 2 oz bittersweet chocolate
  • 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 tbsp + 1 tsp Heavy cream
  • 3 tbsp + 1 tsp cocoa powder

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Bloom the gelatin in a bowl of cold water for at least 10 minutes.
  • Combine sugar, water, cream, and cocoa powder in a small pot and place on medium-high heat stirring constantly to combine until it boils a little.
  • Add the chocolate and continue stirring until it's all thoroughly combined.
  • Strain gelatin in a fine strainer and add to the mixture, still stirring.
  • Once it's all combined, put the mixture in a bowl and cover it, then chill it overnight. This glaze doesn't get thick or hard, though it might need to be heated through before serving. I prefer to use it like a dipping sauce.

OTHER IDEAS:
Add some peppermint oil or crushed peppermint candies to the cookies.
Substitute vanilla for the chocolate in the cookie recipe.

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! My Sable Sable cookies with Dark Mirror Glaze! The cookies fall apart in your mouth and each of these are VERY rich in chocolate flavor. Hope y'all enjoy~
@AgentModem

I need to make my special recipes!
@AgentModem

I need to make my special recipes!
Good_Shit_WCMale_Emoji_Size.png Lichtdrache.gif
Oh man, it's finally here! Now, what to make...
Oh man, it's finally here! Now, what to make...
Oh my! A cooking contest! Yes this is for me!
I will be entering!
Oh my! A cooking contest! Yes this is for me!
I will be entering!
kriskrossness.gif
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12