Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Miniature Dominance
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65
[center][size=6][color=#09b6f6][b]Miniature Dominance[/b][/size][/color] [size=3][color=#57b9f2]Battle of the Ages[/color] [img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z229/Imuin/art/pixel%20art/pixel_peach/dividers/whale-divider.gif[/img] [color=#09b6f6][size=4][b]The Basics[/b][/size][/color] --- [color=#57b9f2] Think of Miniature Dominance a bit like Miniature Golf. Except it's not. There's no golf, colorful obstacles, or stretches of grass. The only similarities they share is that they are both smaller than their higher-stakes counterparts. Miniature Dominance is a forum game which, in a way, models the real dominance. Instead of sacrificing dragons, however, well... you post a message rallying for your team. Scores are tallied up on a semi-regular basis, and at the end of each week, a winner is donned. [/color] [color=#09b6f6][size=4][b]The Rules[/b][/size][/color] --- [color=#57b9f2] 1. You must wait for at least 3 posts by persons other than yourself before posting. Alternatively, you may wait one whole day if the thread has been silent. This should be a full 24 hours, flight rising time. 2. You must post only for your Flight, not for another Flight. No, not even to show support! 3. You must clearly type your Flight's name somewhere in your post. Please, no nicknames for your flight unless they accompany the true name. This is to make it easier to tally! Additionally, please do not post any other flight's names unless encased in parentheses! [b]Example:[/b] [quote name="Sunny"] Light simply is the best. What can we say, we are so much warmer than (Ice)! [/quote] [color=#57b9f2] 4. Points for a flight do not count unless a flight can get a "streak" going. What does this mean? Flights must have at least [b]2[/b] posts from the same flight in a row for the points to go into their stock of points! This may be lowered or risen depending on how well it works out. 5. For every streak of 5, a flight gets one extra point. For example, if there were 5 Shadow Flight members posting in a row, they would receive 6 points total. If there were 10 Plague Flight Members posting in a row, by some stroke of luck, they would receive 12 points. This applies to anything above the multiple of 5. So... if there were 8 Fire Flight Members posting in a row, they would receive 9 points! 6. No verbal harassment, rudeness, or 'shaming' of other Flights or posters is tolerated. 7. Teamwork is encouraged, as is arranging times to post in the thread all at once. Also encouraged? Breaking up streaks! [/color] [color=#09b6f6][size=4][b]Future Goals[/b][/size][/color] --- [color=#57b9f2] At the point of writing this, Miniature Dominance hasn't even started yet. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but there are a few ideas I am thinking about implementing if this takes off. Feel free to suggest some, too! [b]My current ideas are:[/b] 1. Dispersing prizes to the lead posters of the top 3 ranking Flights at the end of the week. 2. Creating a method of official 'teams' for those who are interested. 3. Adding more, unique ways to gain more points! [/center]
Miniature Dominance
Battle of the Ages
whale-divider.gif

The Basics
---

Think of Miniature Dominance a bit like Miniature Golf.
Except it's not. There's no golf, colorful obstacles, or stretches of grass. The only similarities they share is that they are both smaller than their higher-stakes counterparts.
Miniature Dominance is a forum game which, in a way, models the real dominance. Instead of sacrificing dragons, however, well... you post a message rallying for your team. Scores are tallied up on a semi-regular basis, and at the end of each week, a winner is donned.

The Rules
---

1. You must wait for at least 3 posts by persons other than yourself before posting. Alternatively, you may wait one whole day if the thread has been silent. This should be a full 24 hours, flight rising time.
2. You must post only for your Flight, not for another Flight. No, not even to show support!
3. You must clearly type your Flight's name somewhere in your post. Please, no nicknames for your flight unless they accompany the true name. This is to make it easier to tally! Additionally, please do not post any other flight's names unless encased in parentheses!
Example:
Sunny wrote:
Light simply is the best. What can we say, we are so much warmer than (Ice)!

4. Points for a flight do not count unless a flight can get a "streak" going. What does this mean? Flights must have at least 2 posts from the same flight in a row for the points to go into their stock of points! This may be lowered or risen depending on how well it works out.
5. For every streak of 5, a flight gets one extra point. For example, if there were 5 Shadow Flight members posting in a row, they would receive 6 points total. If there were 10 Plague Flight Members posting in a row, by some stroke of luck, they would receive 12 points. This applies to anything above the multiple of 5. So... if there were 8 Fire Flight Members posting in a row, they would receive 9 points!
6. No verbal harassment, rudeness, or 'shaming' of other Flights or posters is tolerated.
7. Teamwork is encouraged, as is arranging times to post in the thread all at once. Also encouraged? Breaking up streaks!

Future Goals
---

At the point of writing this, Miniature Dominance hasn't even started yet. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but there are a few ideas I am thinking about implementing if this takes off. Feel free to suggest some, too!

My current ideas are:

1. Dispersing prizes to the lead posters of the top 3 ranking Flights at the end of the week.
2. Creating a method of official 'teams' for those who are interested.
3. Adding more, unique ways to gain more points!

U0IIiWr.pngUsPy2z6.pnghzBTO7n.png
[center][size=6][color=#09b6f6][b]Current Rankings[/b][/size][/color] [img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/84f9025e53fddc2a4fbd082b6ca8850a/tumblr_inline_mov78myqNg1qz4rgp.png[/img] [color=#57b9f2]Where does your Flight stand in the war? Check below to see! Just a warning, though: this can only be updated so fast. Please be patient if it is behind, but if it has been behind for more than a day, feel free to ping me! And, remember: this gets reset every Sunday![/color] [size=3][color=#09b6f6][b]The Rankings[/b][/color][/size] [color=#57b9f2][u]Arcane[/u]: 0 points [u]Earth[/u]: 0 points [u]Fire[/u]: 0 points [u]Ice[/u]: 6 points [u]Light[/u]: 2 points [u]Lightning[/u]: 32 points [u]Nature[/u]: 0 points [u]Plague[/u]: 0 points [u]Shadow[/u]: 2 points [u]Water[/u]: 0 points [u]Wind[/u]: 6 points [/color]
Current Rankings
tumblr_inline_mov78myqNg1qz4rgp.png

Where does your Flight stand in the war? Check below to see! Just a warning, though: this can only be updated so fast. Please be patient if it is behind, but if it has been behind for more than a day, feel free to ping me! And, remember: this gets reset every Sunday!

The Rankings
Arcane: 0 points
Earth: 0 points
Fire: 0 points
Ice: 6 points
Light: 2 points
Lightning: 32 points
Nature: 0 points
Plague: 0 points
Shadow: 2 points
Water: 0 points
Wind: 6 points
[center][size=6][color=#09b6f6][b]Past Rankings[/b][/size][/color] [img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/84f9025e53fddc2a4fbd082b6ca8850a/tumblr_inline_mov78myqNg1qz4rgp.png[/img] [color=#57b9f2]Below is a score/tally of wins for each Flight. Try to get your Flight's up as high as possible! [/color] [size=3][color=#09b6f6][b]The Hall of Fame[/b][/color][/size] [color=#57b9f2][u]Arcane[/u]: 0 points [u]Earth[/u]: 0 points [u]Fire[/u]: 0 points [u]Ice[/u]: 0 points [u]Light[/u]: 0 points [u]Lightning[/u]: 0 points [u]Nature[/u]: 0 points [u]Plague[/u]: 0 points [u]Shadow[/u]: 1 points [u]Water[/u]: 0 points [u]Wind[/u]: 0 points
Past Rankings
tumblr_inline_mov78myqNg1qz4rgp.png

Below is a score/tally of wins for each Flight. Try to get your Flight's up as high as possible!

The Hall of Fame
Arcane: 0 points
Earth: 0 points
Fire: 0 points
Ice: 0 points
Light: 0 points
Lightning: 0 points
Nature: 0 points
Plague: 0 points
Shadow: 1 points
Water: 0 points
Wind: 0 points
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
The thread is up and running!
I'll make the first move for Ice. Good luck everyone!
The thread is up and running!
I'll make the first move for Ice. Good luck everyone!
Arcane!
Arcane!
26979.gifHQxWOvF.gifceIYuqO.pngPicsart_23-11-11_11-50-01-265.png47O9KMz.pngx4vXz.gifIOEPL.gif
GO GO LIGHT!
GO GO LIGHT!
Water is splishy splashy happy happy :3
Water is splishy splashy happy happy :3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 65