Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Dragon Describing
Note to Mods/Admins-
It says to help improve your dragons and I kinda thought this would 'improve' them, so I'm posting this here. If a Mod/Admin feels this is not where this belongs, please direct me to where this should be posted and I will delete this topic and move it there. Thank you. ~

I myself absolutely love to describe my dragons, but I always have a hard time doing so. As such, people can come here to get help and/or give advice on describing dragons, share their dragon descriptions, and of the like to help each other give their dragons tales of a lifetime.

I decided that I would give my dragons personality traits based on their colors, and created this spreadsheet for what traits I give for each color. In the matter of traits opposing each other, I try to work them out. For example- You have a dragon that is maize, rose, thistle. He would be peace, caring, and cruelty. What I would do is make one of the counteractive traits be a part of his past or something he keeps hidden. Instead of making him cruel, maybe in the past, others were cruel to him, mocking him because of his rose wings. From that, he learned how it hurt and has thus decided he would be a caring and peaceful dragon.
In the case of duplicates, say a red, crimson, fire [aggressive, aggressive, energetic] dragon, I try to think of why they would be duplicates. Perhaps in this dragon's case, his family were aggressive towards him and thus he is aggressive towards others. Or maybe he is a hateful dragon and dislikes hatchlings, so he is aggressive towards them and he refuses to listen when scolded, so he is aggressive to his scolder.

Please feel free to share your describing tactics and some of your favorite descriptions! I would love to see what others come up with. 8D
Note to Mods/Admins-
It says to help improve your dragons and I kinda thought this would 'improve' them, so I'm posting this here. If a Mod/Admin feels this is not where this belongs, please direct me to where this should be posted and I will delete this topic and move it there. Thank you. ~

I myself absolutely love to describe my dragons, but I always have a hard time doing so. As such, people can come here to get help and/or give advice on describing dragons, share their dragon descriptions, and of the like to help each other give their dragons tales of a lifetime.

I decided that I would give my dragons personality traits based on their colors, and created this spreadsheet for what traits I give for each color. In the matter of traits opposing each other, I try to work them out. For example- You have a dragon that is maize, rose, thistle. He would be peace, caring, and cruelty. What I would do is make one of the counteractive traits be a part of his past or something he keeps hidden. Instead of making him cruel, maybe in the past, others were cruel to him, mocking him because of his rose wings. From that, he learned how it hurt and has thus decided he would be a caring and peaceful dragon.
In the case of duplicates, say a red, crimson, fire [aggressive, aggressive, energetic] dragon, I try to think of why they would be duplicates. Perhaps in this dragon's case, his family were aggressive towards him and thus he is aggressive towards others. Or maybe he is a hateful dragon and dislikes hatchlings, so he is aggressive towards them and he refuses to listen when scolded, so he is aggressive to his scolder.

Please feel free to share your describing tactics and some of your favorite descriptions! I would love to see what others come up with. 8D
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
FBJNgPs.png 8eLgwHU.png tuKAvP2.png 8a4I5lk.png FBJNgPs.png
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
@Morichinatsu Another describer! I love to give my dragons some personality too, but so far I haven't described that many (they keep increasing so fast, so many lovely dragons I want to have...).
Personally I try to stick with breed and flight characteristics for general traits, flavoured with a little story out of their lives and how they came to be in my clan. Most of my described dragons are on the first page of my lair, but a few things I could come up with on other pages.
@Morichinatsu Another describer! I love to give my dragons some personality too, but so far I haven't described that many (they keep increasing so fast, so many lovely dragons I want to have...).
Personally I try to stick with breed and flight characteristics for general traits, flavoured with a little story out of their lives and how they came to be in my clan. Most of my described dragons are on the first page of my lair, but a few things I could come up with on other pages.
6CVg72d.png
I like this idea!
I like this idea!
jCVhFoZ.gif
I - being a part of the Plague Flight - name all my dragons after diseases/illnesses/disabilities/etc (except those in my Seven Deadly Sins project.) I name them according to their coloration, more likely than not; except for my dragon Vibro, of whom I had named due to his breed. All of my dragons act much like those diseases I have named them after, or they are afflicted with them. I currently do not have any descriptions written, but I certainly have tons of thoughts in my mind about them. I'm also hoping to get into a more personal and "close to home" project where I collect dragons and name them after diseases I have or dangerous things to my health that had happened to me over the years. I have yet to gather the funds though, but it'll happen some day! I do have a favorite description of one of my babies though; it's just not decided yet: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=343287] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3433/343287_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Pica[/b][/center] She's my lovely Pearlcatcher, named after the psychological compulsion to eat things that are - generally - not edible. I like to think that Pica likes to chew on her pearl, especially in times of stress or when she just isn't feeling well. She doesn't remember things very well, and seems to calm down and remember better when she manages to breaks small chunks of her pearl off and swallows them. Her clan-mates decide it's best not to bother her while she's chewing away, even if it has caused her to break out in a Gembond affliction in response to the unhealthy habit. Though, like all Pearlcatchers, Pica would never completely destroy it, let alone let another dragon touch it, and will often try to repair her pearl when she's not chewing on it, thus, causing her more stress.
I - being a part of the Plague Flight - name all my dragons after diseases/illnesses/disabilities/etc (except those in my Seven Deadly Sins project.) I name them according to their coloration, more likely than not; except for my dragon Vibro, of whom I had named due to his breed.
All of my dragons act much like those diseases I have named them after, or they are afflicted with them.

I currently do not have any descriptions written, but I certainly have tons of thoughts in my mind about them. I'm also hoping to get into a more personal and "close to home" project where I collect dragons and name them after diseases I have or dangerous things to my health that had happened to me over the years.
I have yet to gather the funds though, but it'll happen some day!

I do have a favorite description of one of my babies though; it's just not decided yet:

343287_350.png

Pica
She's my lovely Pearlcatcher, named after the psychological compulsion to eat things that are - generally - not edible. I like to think that Pica likes to chew on her pearl, especially in times of stress or when she just isn't feeling well. She doesn't remember things very well, and seems to calm down and remember better when she manages to breaks small chunks of her pearl off and swallows them. Her clan-mates decide it's best not to bother her while she's chewing away, even if it has caused her to break out in a Gembond affliction in response to the unhealthy habit. Though, like all Pearlcatchers, Pica would never completely destroy it, let alone let another dragon touch it, and will often try to repair her pearl when she's not chewing on it, thus, causing her more stress.
dwfz.png