Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | closed permanently
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
@Skydust
Hello! Apologies for my lateness. My life has been very hectic lately. I have started working on your review!
@Skydust
Hello! Apologies for my lateness. My life has been very hectic lately. I have started working on your review!
Allgud! Take all the time you need ^^
Allgud! Take all the time you need ^^

@Skydust
That'll be 30 kt/g. I didn't feel right charging a lair review price, and it wouldn't be fair to charge individual review price, so I met in the middle.

I will begin of course with Ceres, and I will review the dragons that captured my attention most as 21 individual reviews is tedious and time consuming. Please know that I did read through every bio.

1.) Ceres is darling! I am not a huge fan of Snappers because of how they look, but also I haven’t been able to successfully include them in my lore before. This dragon, however, is matronly and gentle-looking, with the no nonsense type of personality one would expect of the matriarch of a rambunctious family. I appreciate the inclusion of her skill with ‘foreign’ languages as this is a huge part of world building many people fail to include. Her bio does need work however, as it is messy. I find red font somewhat alarming and certainly distracting. However, I could do without the explanation and origin of her name. It would be better to include this as a smalls sticky note, or interesting fact link. It’s jarring being thrown into a completely different world, time period, and mythology. I would recommend Ceres being a mythology fan dragon or a part of your lair lore, but not both.

2.) I am all for lairs having Emperors and see so many poorly done, but EMPEROR is just precious. I thought this whole concept was a mess at first, but after having read through all the information, I really enjoy the concept and execution of this little mechanical joy. You’ve certainly taken liberties with Flight Rising’s existing lore but twisted it in such a way that you made the character interesting and fun! I hate the classic, “I Have An Emperor, But He Is A Smart One Who Is A Vegan And Doesn’t Want To Terrorize And Murder Everything” Emperor trope. I like the guts, destruction, and terror of Emperors. With a great deal of creativity and effort, you’ve managed to find an acceptable loophole I expected to hate and quickly grew to love. 10/10 would love to have him visit Denholm.

Overall Impressions

If you have read through any of my other reviews, you’ll likely know what I am going to say, but I believe each person deserves an overall impressions! I have a hard time seeing dragons as both fan dragons and a part of serious lore. You tried very hard to make them both, and while you have made a valiant effort and obviously love your dragons to bits, I can’t say it entirely works, especially since it makes your bios messy, unorganized, and unnecessarily crowded. I had to wade through a lot of things I had little interest in to get to the bulk of FR-related lore. I hold complaints similar to that of Ceres for all of your dragons. Also, I can’t tell if you are being facetious, but you can make obvious fan dragons and claim they’re not fan dragons. It doesn’t matter if they are Flight Rising avatars of real world or fandom things. They’re still fan dragons and I don’t like fan dragons as much as I probably should.

Despite this, your page of dragons is wonderful! The lore you do have is colorful and well-written, the dragons are unique, and many have some odd but pleasant SCP vibes. The amount of effort you have put into creating a unique identity for each dragon is fantastic, and though I would not make the same lair choices, I, too, love my dragons and can both respect and appreciate the lengths you have gone to in completing them and making them totally special.

@Skydust
That'll be 30 kt/g. I didn't feel right charging a lair review price, and it wouldn't be fair to charge individual review price, so I met in the middle.

I will begin of course with Ceres, and I will review the dragons that captured my attention most as 21 individual reviews is tedious and time consuming. Please know that I did read through every bio.

1.) Ceres is darling! I am not a huge fan of Snappers because of how they look, but also I haven’t been able to successfully include them in my lore before. This dragon, however, is matronly and gentle-looking, with the no nonsense type of personality one would expect of the matriarch of a rambunctious family. I appreciate the inclusion of her skill with ‘foreign’ languages as this is a huge part of world building many people fail to include. Her bio does need work however, as it is messy. I find red font somewhat alarming and certainly distracting. However, I could do without the explanation and origin of her name. It would be better to include this as a smalls sticky note, or interesting fact link. It’s jarring being thrown into a completely different world, time period, and mythology. I would recommend Ceres being a mythology fan dragon or a part of your lair lore, but not both.

2.) I am all for lairs having Emperors and see so many poorly done, but EMPEROR is just precious. I thought this whole concept was a mess at first, but after having read through all the information, I really enjoy the concept and execution of this little mechanical joy. You’ve certainly taken liberties with Flight Rising’s existing lore but twisted it in such a way that you made the character interesting and fun! I hate the classic, “I Have An Emperor, But He Is A Smart One Who Is A Vegan And Doesn’t Want To Terrorize And Murder Everything” Emperor trope. I like the guts, destruction, and terror of Emperors. With a great deal of creativity and effort, you’ve managed to find an acceptable loophole I expected to hate and quickly grew to love. 10/10 would love to have him visit Denholm.

Overall Impressions

If you have read through any of my other reviews, you’ll likely know what I am going to say, but I believe each person deserves an overall impressions! I have a hard time seeing dragons as both fan dragons and a part of serious lore. You tried very hard to make them both, and while you have made a valiant effort and obviously love your dragons to bits, I can’t say it entirely works, especially since it makes your bios messy, unorganized, and unnecessarily crowded. I had to wade through a lot of things I had little interest in to get to the bulk of FR-related lore. I hold complaints similar to that of Ceres for all of your dragons. Also, I can’t tell if you are being facetious, but you can make obvious fan dragons and claim they’re not fan dragons. It doesn’t matter if they are Flight Rising avatars of real world or fandom things. They’re still fan dragons and I don’t like fan dragons as much as I probably should.

Despite this, your page of dragons is wonderful! The lore you do have is colorful and well-written, the dragons are unique, and many have some odd but pleasant SCP vibes. The amount of effort you have put into creating a unique identity for each dragon is fantastic, and though I would not make the same lair choices, I, too, love my dragons and can both respect and appreciate the lengths you have gone to in completing them and making them totally special.

@Fayes
If you would be so kind as to fill out an order form, I would be delighted to get started on your review! Thank you so much for your patience.

@Fayes
If you would be so kind as to fill out an order form, I would be delighted to get started on your review! Thank you so much for your patience.
Type of review or dragons to be reviewed (Please give me a link to each dragon): [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49403854][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/494039/49403854_350.png[/img][/url] Special concerns/questions: Nop! Just wanna see what someone thinks Payment type: Gems please
Type of review or dragons to be reviewed (Please give me a link to each dragon):
49403854_350.png
Special concerns/questions: Nop! Just wanna see what someone thinks
Payment type: Gems please

@Skarlette
I will get to your review shortly.

@Skarlette
I will get to your review shortly.
Sounds awesome ^-^
Sounds awesome ^-^

@Skarlette
That will be 5kt/g.

Because Emperors are so complex, I love your detailed description of each head, their representation, and the general description of this rotting horror’s twisted body. I think it is also great that this Emperor cannot use their elemental powers effectively. I think this is a small but very pertinent detail that ties in wonderfully with the concept of this character and its execution. I do have a few complaints though—I enjoy the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse connection, but I am not sure that is has a place in FR unless Apocalypse is an official Four Horsemen fan dragon. I am biased against fan dragons because I don’t really like them, so don’t take it to heart. It’s a personal preference, but Emperors are so entrenched in FR lore that they need to be just that—FR lore Emperors. Next is I think this dragon is deserving of a little more love in the writing category. Your descriptions are wonderful, and I would like to see them expanded. Please keep in mind the tone.

@Skarlette
That will be 5kt/g.

Because Emperors are so complex, I love your detailed description of each head, their representation, and the general description of this rotting horror’s twisted body. I think it is also great that this Emperor cannot use their elemental powers effectively. I think this is a small but very pertinent detail that ties in wonderfully with the concept of this character and its execution. I do have a few complaints though—I enjoy the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse connection, but I am not sure that is has a place in FR unless Apocalypse is an official Four Horsemen fan dragon. I am biased against fan dragons because I don’t really like them, so don’t take it to heart. It’s a personal preference, but Emperors are so entrenched in FR lore that they need to be just that—FR lore Emperors. Next is I think this dragon is deserving of a little more love in the writing category. Your descriptions are wonderful, and I would like to see them expanded. Please keep in mind the tone.
Type of review or dragons to be reviewed (Please give me a link to each dragon): Full lair please! Only 56 of my dragons will end up having any sort of lore placement and they're located in my Wanders, Keepers, and the first page of my In Progress tab.

Special concerns/questions: Skip my Holding and Incubator tabs. Most of my lore is still incredibly simple so there should be no long reading for any individuals. Many also have outfits in their bios. And I saw your previous mention of disliking fandragons so feel free to skip over that

Payment type: Mixed by 50/50 or treasure only
Type of review or dragons to be reviewed (Please give me a link to each dragon): Full lair please! Only 56 of my dragons will end up having any sort of lore placement and they're located in my Wanders, Keepers, and the first page of my In Progress tab.

Special concerns/questions: Skip my Holding and Incubator tabs. Most of my lore is still incredibly simple so there should be no long reading for any individuals. Many also have outfits in their bios. And I saw your previous mention of disliking fandragons so feel free to skip over that

Payment type: Mixed by 50/50 or treasure only

@KrystalRage
Be warned, I am a little slow on review completion, but even so, I haven't taken more than a couple of days. I'll start your review as soon as I am able!

@KrystalRage
Be warned, I am a little slow on review completion, but even so, I haven't taken more than a couple of days. I'll start your review as soon as I am able!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13