Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Share hopes with the Golden Dragon
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22666999] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226670/22666999_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The masked Imperial looks at the Golden Dragon with an understanding nod of the head. [b]"Hopes...Yes."[/b] she murmured in an eerie voice, almost to herself only. [b]I have had so many and so few of them. I am like a walking vessel, transporting along a live contradiction... Since I was a hatchling I wished and hoped for many things, but it seems that, as I grew older, the world has forced it's cruel view of this so called reality onto me. At first, it felt like nothing, but, slowly, I began to crack under the weight of their pessimism towards me and my dreams. I used to wish I would be the best in anything I did, but, looking back now.." [/b] She pauses for a second, almost as if she's trying to swallow sacred and secretive tears that the mask on her face hides from the world. [b] I wish I wasn't so afraid of wishing bigger. Unfortunately, regret was scarier to me back then. It still is a scary thing, but I live in it's shade now, since I've let my dreams die. My heart is their very own grave and the hardest part is knowing that things weren't supposed to be this way and I have no excuse for letting the wrong words of the wrong dragons in. I crave the winds of change in my life, but they feel so, so far away.[/b] P.S.: This thread is beautiful. You should listen to "When I Was a Kid" and "Pinned to the Dish" by Shane Koyczan. He has some beautiful words about dreams and life in general. "The Crickets Have Arthritis", "How to be a Person" and "Help Wanted" also have a few things about dreaming and wishing and the world in there ^-^
The masked Imperial looks at the Golden Dragon with an understanding nod of the head.
"Hopes...Yes." she murmured in an eerie voice, almost to herself only. I have had so many and so few of them. I am like a walking vessel, transporting along a live contradiction... Since I was a hatchling I wished and hoped for many things, but it seems that, as I grew older, the world has forced it's cruel view of this so called reality onto me. At first, it felt like nothing, but, slowly, I began to crack under the weight of their pessimism towards me and my dreams. I used to wish I would be the best in anything I did, but, looking back now.." She pauses for a second, almost as if she's trying to swallow sacred and secretive tears that the mask on her face hides from the world. I wish I wasn't so afraid of wishing bigger. Unfortunately, regret was scarier to me back then. It still is a scary thing, but I live in it's shade now, since I've let my dreams die. My heart is their very own grave and the hardest part is knowing that things weren't supposed to be this way and I have no excuse for letting the wrong words of the wrong dragons in. I crave the winds of change in my life, but they feel so, so far away.

P.S.: This thread is beautiful. You should listen to "When I Was a Kid" and "Pinned to the Dish" by Shane Koyczan. He has some beautiful words about dreams and life in general. "The Crickets Have Arthritis", "How to be a Person" and "Help Wanted" also have a few things about dreaming and wishing and the world in there ^-^
Help them grow please!=>eastern-dragon-child-fire-pixel.gif
@Tox

The Golden Dragon sighs when asked about the ones she loves. It's a bit of a sore topic......But she prides herself on being as honest as she can.

'............One of them is dead, and I miss him the most; but I also miss Kaze and Kaga almost as much, since I imagine I broke their hearts. I have likely been assumed dead back in the world I came from. But........I wouldn't trade their love for anything;
it's worth too much to me to give it up. So I guess......Yes, I'm still happy with my love for them; I just hope they know I still love them very much even if I'm not there.'

@KingSpinosaurus <Are you trying to help me make a playlist for this golden dork; and thank you! I'm trying my best to write good here, and to do good responses. Just the Golden Dragon likes mentioning her past often.....Having to basically make a short version of the story of FE Fates' Conquest path from the POV of someone in Hoshido was fun but tiring.>

The Golden Dragon is extremely sympathetic towards this Imperial; it seems they have had some similar issues in the past. And honestly; it makes the Guardian feel like she could easily speak with her if the Golden Dragon still had much of a voice.

'Hehehe.....Seems something similar happened to me; I have a difficult time truly acting like myself outside of this clearing full of foxes. Normally, I'm just like an empty shell.......But you need to stay strong. Keep going, and find a hope, a wish, anything, to hold onto, and eventually, the winds of change and fate will come to aid you. I might not hold much faith in the winds of fate anymore, but that's for some kinda bad reasons, ones I have a hard time letting go of.......But I feel as if they will be fairer to you soon enough.'

'................Oh, how I still wish I told my twin who I was before that final fight........Maybe we could have found a peaceful end to that accursed war......And hopefully, he found one, even without me. Or at least an end without too much more pain. Ah.......I hope you don't have any regrets on the level of that my friend; I wouldn't wish it on my own worst enemy, honestly.'
@Tox

The Golden Dragon sighs when asked about the ones she loves. It's a bit of a sore topic......But she prides herself on being as honest as she can.

'............One of them is dead, and I miss him the most; but I also miss Kaze and Kaga almost as much, since I imagine I broke their hearts. I have likely been assumed dead back in the world I came from. But........I wouldn't trade their love for anything;
it's worth too much to me to give it up. So I guess......Yes, I'm still happy with my love for them; I just hope they know I still love them very much even if I'm not there.'

@KingSpinosaurus <Are you trying to help me make a playlist for this golden dork; and thank you! I'm trying my best to write good here, and to do good responses. Just the Golden Dragon likes mentioning her past often.....Having to basically make a short version of the story of FE Fates' Conquest path from the POV of someone in Hoshido was fun but tiring.>

The Golden Dragon is extremely sympathetic towards this Imperial; it seems they have had some similar issues in the past. And honestly; it makes the Guardian feel like she could easily speak with her if the Golden Dragon still had much of a voice.

'Hehehe.....Seems something similar happened to me; I have a difficult time truly acting like myself outside of this clearing full of foxes. Normally, I'm just like an empty shell.......But you need to stay strong. Keep going, and find a hope, a wish, anything, to hold onto, and eventually, the winds of change and fate will come to aid you. I might not hold much faith in the winds of fate anymore, but that's for some kinda bad reasons, ones I have a hard time letting go of.......But I feel as if they will be fairer to you soon enough.'

'................Oh, how I still wish I told my twin who I was before that final fight........Maybe we could have found a peaceful end to that accursed war......And hopefully, he found one, even without me. Or at least an end without too much more pain. Ah.......I hope you don't have any regrets on the level of that my friend; I wouldn't wish it on my own worst enemy, honestly.'
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif tumblr_oz1eo985NS1u402sco1_75sq.pngtumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.pngtumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco7_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Formerly GembondFairy if you think you recognize me somehow
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35614214] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/356143/35614214_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A tundra, his fur soft and laced with flowers, quietly approaches the guardian through the field, wings loose against his sides, gently snuffling at the foxes as he goes, eyes soft with affection for the animals. He looks at the Golden Dragon for a long moment, before gently bowing his head in deference, gazing down to the writing at her feet. It isn't but a moment later that his head shoots up again, magenta eyes blown wide in surprise. "...Hopes?" His gaze turns thoughtful, and for a long while he simply gazes out at the foxes and the field quietly, his blunt claws playing at the wildflowers at his neck idly. "Hope..." he finally says again, and his voice is soft and mellow, "is... not something I have thought about for a long time, I suppose. Not... not many of my clan has. Life is... difficult. We are all survivors, of one way or another, and not all of us.... not all of us have that luxury, you see." His expression is pensive and sad, eyes brimming with some sad memory holed up deep inside. He looks back over to the guardian. "If I were to hope... there would be many things, I suppose. I would hope for happiness, for my clan. I would hope for [i]hope[/i], for them. I... hope that eventually, we can all find a second chance at life. At prosperity and... and..." He huffs, softly. "I hope my parents are well. I... haven't talked to them, since... well." He shakes his head. "Some things are best left in the past. I um... Acadia, brought me to the clan. Found me alone in a grove of flowers, drowning in my own blood and... well, that's that story." He sighs, and offers a wistful smile. "I think, really, if I had to have any hope, it would be for my friend [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=98327&tab=dragon&did=35540809]Avorik[/url]. He... I hope that one day, he can overcome the corruption of the Shade. ...Be himself again. Be eased of his pain. Or... the others, who are also... I hope for them. It isn't easy, I think. It's painful. It's.... sad." He clears his throat softly and shakes his head, offering the Golden Dragon a much more real smile. "If I was really selfish, I'd hope for someone in my life who loves flowers and nature every bit as I do - someone also full of hope. It's lonely, out in the world. But what about you, ma'am? What are [i]your[/i] hopes? What do you wish for?"

A tundra, his fur soft and laced with flowers, quietly approaches the guardian through the field, wings loose against his sides, gently snuffling at the foxes as he goes, eyes soft with affection for the animals. He looks at the Golden Dragon for a long moment, before gently bowing his head in deference, gazing down to the writing at her feet. It isn't but a moment later that his head shoots up again, magenta eyes blown wide in surprise.

"...Hopes?" His gaze turns thoughtful, and for a long while he simply gazes out at the foxes and the field quietly, his blunt claws playing at the wildflowers at his neck idly.

"Hope..." he finally says again, and his voice is soft and mellow, "is... not something I have thought about for a long time, I suppose. Not... not many of my clan has. Life is... difficult. We are all survivors, of one way or another, and not all of us.... not all of us have that luxury, you see."

His expression is pensive and sad, eyes brimming with some sad memory holed up deep inside. He looks back over to the guardian. "If I were to hope... there would be many things, I suppose. I would hope for happiness, for my clan. I would hope for hope, for them. I... hope that eventually, we can all find a second chance at life. At prosperity and... and..."

He huffs, softly. "I hope my parents are well. I... haven't talked to them, since... well." He shakes his head. "Some things are best left in the past. I um... Acadia, brought me to the clan. Found me alone in a grove of flowers, drowning in my own blood and... well, that's that story." He sighs, and offers a wistful smile. "I think, really, if I had to have any hope, it would be for my friend Avorik. He... I hope that one day, he can overcome the corruption of the Shade. ...Be himself again. Be eased of his pain. Or... the others, who are also... I hope for them. It isn't easy, I think. It's painful. It's.... sad."

He clears his throat softly and shakes his head, offering the Golden Dragon a much more real smile. "If I was really selfish, I'd hope for someone in my life who loves flowers and nature every bit as I do - someone also full of hope. It's lonely, out in the world. But what about you, ma'am? What are your hopes? What do you wish for?"
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33630874] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336309/33630874_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The small green coatl would have been easily mistaken for a walking bush, had she not poked her head out of her branches. She ruffled her petals and gave a timid smile. "I uh, there's- um... There's this [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=321225&tab=dragon&did=33473916]really nice dragon[/url] that I look up to a lot. She's really confident, and strong, and I'm... none of those things. B-but! I hope that I can improve myself and learn to come out of my shell more often! I don't want to be, um, afraid of everything all the time. It's kind of exhausting. Plus, then I might be able to t-talk to Ro- I mean, that really nice dragon if I can be more confident like her." She was slowly shrinking in on herself as she spoke, and had almost disappeared back into her branches by the time she finished. ((This is such a lovely thread! It's a really neat idea. Reading through everyone's hopes [and the responses] is really heartwarming. ^^))

The small green coatl would have been easily mistaken for a walking bush, had she not poked her head out of her branches. She ruffled her petals and gave a timid smile. "I uh, there's- um... There's this really nice dragon that I look up to a lot. She's really confident, and strong, and I'm... none of those things. B-but! I hope that I can improve myself and learn to come out of my shell more often! I don't want to be, um, afraid of everything all the time. It's kind of exhausting. Plus, then I might be able to t-talk to Ro- I mean, that really nice dragon if I can be more confident like her." She was slowly shrinking in on herself as she spoke, and had almost disappeared back into her branches by the time she finished.

((This is such a lovely thread! It's a really neat idea. Reading through everyone's hopes [and the responses] is really heartwarming. ^^))
bd3487a47a7f7bc95b55d9f803f29ec078fefb24.pngVert-divider-100.png ?GJCJ6=party_oras.png Vert-divider-100.pngtumblr_pkf5hmHC0E1wvvm88o1_100.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33157660] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/331577/33157660_350.png[/img] [/url] Baniko fidgets around with his tail before sitting down. On wow, that Guardian was big, wasn't she? Almost reminded him of his father. But that wasn't his hope! To reconcile or anything. "My hope?" His voice comes out kinda squeaky with the size difference. "My hope is that my familiar stays with me every step of the way!" He watches the foxes go by. They reminded him of the fox that Echo owned. Scratch that, bonded with. The Fae didn't like the word own with sentient creatures. "My familiar is amazing! And I love her! And every other familiar that I help train! Though..." His voice goes a little more quiet. "I don't know how I would feel if she died. You Guardians have charges right? My father used to have one. It was a wolf. He loved him dearly. Then, one day, the wolf died. Of natural causes of course! My father was heartbroken. He decided to have him live on with him, so, he made a headdress out of it! But I can't do that with my familiar. She's around the same size as me. I think I would just have to have her buried." He laughs "I think that's Ok though. As long as I know that she did have a good time living, I'm set."

33157660_350.png

Baniko fidgets around with his tail before sitting down. On wow, that Guardian was big, wasn't she? Almost reminded him of his father. But that wasn't his hope! To reconcile or anything.

"My hope?" His voice comes out kinda squeaky with the size difference. "My hope is that my familiar stays with me every step of the way!" He watches the foxes go by. They reminded him of the fox that Echo owned. Scratch that, bonded with. The Fae didn't like the word own with sentient creatures. "My familiar is amazing! And I love her! And every other familiar that I help train! Though..." His voice goes a little more quiet.

"I don't know how I would feel if she died. You Guardians have charges right? My father used to have one. It was a wolf. He loved him dearly. Then, one day, the wolf died. Of natural causes of course! My father was heartbroken. He decided to have him live on with him, so, he made a headdress out of it! But I can't do that with my familiar. She's around the same size as me. I think I would just have to have her buried." He laughs

"I think that's Ok though. As long as I know that she did have a good time living, I'm set."
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
@Artificiary

The Golden Dragon just solemnly nods at the Tundra's words; she can understand a group of people losing hopes, or at least in hoping for more than to just survive another day. Though she doesn't think of hoping for someone who cares for the same things as you to be selfish, she can see why some would think that. But the question on her hopes and wishes? That's difficult for her............

'...............I used to wish for a peaceful end to a war, for my siblings to be all together as one family, to be on the same side as my own twin once more........But now? I only hope for distant things it seems; impossible really. I hope to go back to where I came from, where I'm considered dead, even if just for one day.......I just want to see my family again, to see how big my sweet little daughter has gotten since I last got to see her. And so I can apologize to one of my mates for breaking my promise to come home alive. But more than anything................I just hope my family back in that world is alright and will always be alright. They have been through enough for many lifetimes; they deserve peace.'

@baubleBee <It's heartwarming until one of your friends gets overcame by FEELS because you showed them a bit of your response. :P Said friend is the one who made Kaga(well, more like made a Corrin version of a character named Kaga), who gets mentioned here sometimes; doesn't have a fandragon for her tho.>

The Golden Dragon has a bit of a giggle at the sight of this timid/shy Coatl; she knows who this dragon reminds her of!

'Awww, you remind me of my little sister, Sakura! She was very shy and timid like you too; I actually think she still was when I last saw her. My point is, you can still be a pretty darn awesome person even if you are shy; just find a way to help you speak to people! Or write a letter to the lady you wish to talk to? She sounds rather nice~ Oh, but I guess you are just trying to be friends with her; well, is there anyone you find easier to talk to? Maybe you can practice with them, and slowly work your way up to talking with your lady friend.'

<Fun fact: I was about to do a bit of gay in the text(more than I did), but decided against it. Little did I know that it wouldn't have been far off.>

@SkullLotus

The Golden Dragon gets a smile on her face upon hearing this Fae's hope. After hearing so many hopes that are rather deep, and having to share her own past a fair bit, it was nice to hear about someone talking about their animal companions.

'Well, I don't have a charge; I'm not quite a normal Guardian, after all........But, I understand how you feel. A friend recently found me a multi-tailed fox companion that I have named Nishiki, and I hate to think of how I will feel when said fox's time is up......I might keep the tails, maybe? Only if the fox ever dies; I won't take them from him now. He's too sweet for that. In your case, I'm guessing that's the best you could do. Maybe ask someone to make a little plush of her to remember her by?'
@Artificiary

The Golden Dragon just solemnly nods at the Tundra's words; she can understand a group of people losing hopes, or at least in hoping for more than to just survive another day. Though she doesn't think of hoping for someone who cares for the same things as you to be selfish, she can see why some would think that. But the question on her hopes and wishes? That's difficult for her............

'...............I used to wish for a peaceful end to a war, for my siblings to be all together as one family, to be on the same side as my own twin once more........But now? I only hope for distant things it seems; impossible really. I hope to go back to where I came from, where I'm considered dead, even if just for one day.......I just want to see my family again, to see how big my sweet little daughter has gotten since I last got to see her. And so I can apologize to one of my mates for breaking my promise to come home alive. But more than anything................I just hope my family back in that world is alright and will always be alright. They have been through enough for many lifetimes; they deserve peace.'

@baubleBee <It's heartwarming until one of your friends gets overcame by FEELS because you showed them a bit of your response. :P Said friend is the one who made Kaga(well, more like made a Corrin version of a character named Kaga), who gets mentioned here sometimes; doesn't have a fandragon for her tho.>

The Golden Dragon has a bit of a giggle at the sight of this timid/shy Coatl; she knows who this dragon reminds her of!

'Awww, you remind me of my little sister, Sakura! She was very shy and timid like you too; I actually think she still was when I last saw her. My point is, you can still be a pretty darn awesome person even if you are shy; just find a way to help you speak to people! Or write a letter to the lady you wish to talk to? She sounds rather nice~ Oh, but I guess you are just trying to be friends with her; well, is there anyone you find easier to talk to? Maybe you can practice with them, and slowly work your way up to talking with your lady friend.'

<Fun fact: I was about to do a bit of gay in the text(more than I did), but decided against it. Little did I know that it wouldn't have been far off.>

@SkullLotus

The Golden Dragon gets a smile on her face upon hearing this Fae's hope. After hearing so many hopes that are rather deep, and having to share her own past a fair bit, it was nice to hear about someone talking about their animal companions.

'Well, I don't have a charge; I'm not quite a normal Guardian, after all........But, I understand how you feel. A friend recently found me a multi-tailed fox companion that I have named Nishiki, and I hate to think of how I will feel when said fox's time is up......I might keep the tails, maybe? Only if the fox ever dies; I won't take them from him now. He's too sweet for that. In your case, I'm guessing that's the best you could do. Maybe ask someone to make a little plush of her to remember her by?'
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif tumblr_oz1eo985NS1u402sco1_75sq.pngtumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.pngtumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco7_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
bump~ This thread is fun and heartwarming, in terms of seeing all the hopes other people's dragons have!
bump~ This thread is fun and heartwarming, in terms of seeing all the hopes other people's dragons have!
Bump~ A little fun thing: Hey, I have an outfit plan for the Golden Dragon now! [outfit=347181] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=39685126&skin=0&apparel=17910,313,307,325,23136,23140,319,23142,351,336,2332,17236&xt=dressing.png[/img]
Bump~

A little fun thing:

Hey, I have an outfit plan for the Golden Dragon now!

Scorned by Fate

dragon?did=39685126&skin=0&apparel=17910,313,307,325,23136,23140,319,23142,351,336,2332,17236&xt=dressing.png
ba bump~ [i]The Golden Dragon seems to have a friend from her clan with her now......[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39074147] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/390742/39074147_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]A very excitable Tundra(?) is playing with the foxes, and even drags the Golden Dragon into the made-up game he is playing. He seems to have a lot more energy and emotion than the larger Guardian. There's a new note on the ground...... [b]'My fluffy companion's name is Paradox, or at least that's what my clan calls him. He might be more vocal than me, so feel free to talk to him and me.'[/b][/i]
ba bump~

The Golden Dragon seems to have a friend from her clan with her now......

39074147_350.png

A very excitable Tundra(?) is playing with the foxes, and even drags the Golden Dragon into the made-up game he is playing. He seems to have a lot more energy and emotion than the larger Guardian.

There's a new note on the ground......

'My fluffy companion's name is Paradox, or at least that's what my clan calls him. He might be more vocal than me, so feel free to talk to him and me.'
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1003] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/11/1003_350.png[/img] [/url] The ancient pearlcatcher approaches slowly, her joints popping and creaking. Yet her movements were still graceful, her eyes still bright. And for a while she sat, keeping company with the golden one, watching Paradox play with the foxes, and listing to the words of those who came. She swayed with the gentle breeze, and let the sunlight soak into her scales. Then, in a way that was directed to no one, and everyone she said “When I was young, it seemed I was made of hope. I went everywhere, intent on seeing and learning everything. Inevitably, I saw the depths of cruelty that intelligent beings are capable of. And during the times when I saw those things, I lacked hope. But it always comes back. It waxes and wanes like the moon.” She smiled “Now I am full of hope again. The clan that I founded, a clan of adventurers like myself, grows every day. Every one of my children bears a piece of my soul. And I have chosen an heir! She is everything I ever was and more. It seems I’ve been reincarnated early.” A chuckle I am so hopeful. I am hopeful that my clan will continue to prosper. I am hopeful for new experiences new zest in thier lives. I hope that they will bring joy to Sornieth. I hope that they can create a world with a little less fear, a little less suffering”.

1003_350.png

The ancient pearlcatcher approaches slowly, her joints popping and creaking. Yet her movements were still graceful, her eyes still bright.
And for a while she sat, keeping company with the golden one, watching Paradox play with the foxes, and listing to the words of those who came. She swayed with the gentle breeze, and let the sunlight soak into her scales.

Then, in a way that was directed to no one, and everyone she said
“When I was young, it seemed I was made of hope. I went everywhere, intent on seeing and learning everything. Inevitably, I saw the depths of cruelty that intelligent beings are capable of. And during the times when I saw those things, I lacked hope. But it always comes back. It waxes and wanes like the moon.”

She smiled
“Now I am full of hope again. The clan that I founded, a clan of adventurers like myself, grows every day. Every one of my children bears a piece of my soul. And I have chosen an heir! She is everything I ever was and more. It seems I’ve been reincarnated early.”
A chuckle
I am so hopeful. I am hopeful that my clan will continue to prosper. I am hopeful for new experiences new zest in thier lives. I hope that they will bring joy to Sornieth. I hope that they can create a world with a little less fear, a little less suffering”.
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12