Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Umbra Callers Subspecies
1 2
Umbra Callers (being as they are often the source of the greatest storms that blot out the sun and leave the land shrouded in shadow)

The first to join Stormcatcher after his reemergence, the Umbra Callers have followed him for generations. They have been tasked with managing and creating storms for the world. The most prominent, and by far the best for this task, was and always will be those of the pearlcatcher line. Their pearl acting as a doorway to their soul, they are able to absorb and maintain storms inside the spheres. Over time their appearance began to reflect the raging storms inside their very souls. Umbra Callers are often described as lightning storms in the night sky, and they are very rarely seen, as they almost never set their feet upon the earth. Ancient and wise members of the clan often have ice clinging to them, and lightning escaping them through their claws, creating a soft blue glow.

Their clan faced an epidemic when the world fell into drought. None of them realized how attached they had become to the storms they once controlled. The youngest of the clan were affected first, their life forces becoming too thin to support their bodies, they passed one by one. Over the years their numbers dwindled to a critical. In a last ditch effort they sought out those of like mind, and soul, to ensure the next generation. As such, those that meet the requirements are inducted almost immediately. They are taught the way of storm culling, and disbursement, and if they survive the training, they are sent on their final test. To find and obtain their first, and only lightning storm. This is the most important step in their training as all of the storms they create, and consume, after are pulled from and fed to their first storm inside themselves. Too big, and the power of the storm will overwhelm the dragon and consume it, too small, and the dragon faces weakening energy until they can no longer move, and death follows shortly after. You could think of this as a master artists ongoing masterpiece, and it is said that those Umbra Callers that survived a drought were the masters that have sustained the same storm inside them for centuries. Uncertainty awaits those that join this clan, as the body of an Umbra Caller has yet to be found. No one is sure what happens to them once their soul has left their physical shackles.

Trivia:
Young males are said to test their might against each other by creating thunderclaps with a single stroke of their wings. This spectral is often surrounded by dense dark clouds.

Umbra Callers are very loyal, and will pledge their life to another. Whether it be saved by another dragon, or one of the beastclans.

They are neutral, and care not what happens in the realm below.

Though they are called a clan, they only meet once a year. Often the only other dragon an Umbra will spend a significant amount of time with is their mate.

They are very picky when choosing who will father/mother their offspring.

A nest has yet to be found, some believe they simply make clouds so dense, that their eggs are lain and hatched in a storm.

True Umbra Callers (or Umbras for short) are thought to be immortal.

Where most dragons are said to breath fire, Umbras breath storm clouds. It is said that the density/darkness/ and electricity of the strongest can rival that of Stormcatcher himself. this has yet to be proven

(believe my convincing story)
Need support now I think, to make this an official subspecies from lightning flight. I'm not really sure... lol
Ideal:
Azure/Azure/Obsidian
Cherub/Peregrine/Glimmer
Pearlcatcher
Lightning Flight
dragonpic2_zps7hpio02b.png
dragonpic2%201_zpsrw6tnb5x.png

dragonpic2_zpszulga4ub.png
dragonpic2_zpsqzxlsl5i.png
Close enough: (They have to have at least Azure!)
Caribbean-Azure-Denim/Caribbean-Azure-Denim/Midnight-Black
Cherub/Peregrine/Underbelly
Guardian
They have to be a lightning/water/light/wind/arcane dragon! though lightning is best of course

Imperial
They have to be a lightning/water/light/wind/arcane dragon! though lightning is best of course
dragonpic2_zpsclzfkuxg.png
dragonpic2%201_zpsczcpwpjh.png

dragonpic2%206_zpszyfs86cs.png
dragonpic2%207_zps4hliprd8.png
Close enough: (They have to have at least Azure!) (I got lazy so all the pics after this are perfect color/gene combos.)
Spiral

Coatl
dragonpic2%203_zpsykxaxzhp.png
dragonpic2%202_zpszlernccz.png

dragonpic2%205_zpsvd7fy2ff.png
dragonpic2%204_zpssde3yy8y.png
Nocturne

(I forgot to add that part of their lore also dictates that the familiar friends that they have must be able to fly! Because they hardly ever return to the soil, unless they are simply resting.)

skydancers and tundras could also be part of this sub species, however the glimmer on male skydancers looks strange to my eyes
Umbra Callers (being as they are often the source of the greatest storms that blot out the sun and leave the land shrouded in shadow)

The first to join Stormcatcher after his reemergence, the Umbra Callers have followed him for generations. They have been tasked with managing and creating storms for the world. The most prominent, and by far the best for this task, was and always will be those of the pearlcatcher line. Their pearl acting as a doorway to their soul, they are able to absorb and maintain storms inside the spheres. Over time their appearance began to reflect the raging storms inside their very souls. Umbra Callers are often described as lightning storms in the night sky, and they are very rarely seen, as they almost never set their feet upon the earth. Ancient and wise members of the clan often have ice clinging to them, and lightning escaping them through their claws, creating a soft blue glow.

Their clan faced an epidemic when the world fell into drought. None of them realized how attached they had become to the storms they once controlled. The youngest of the clan were affected first, their life forces becoming too thin to support their bodies, they passed one by one. Over the years their numbers dwindled to a critical. In a last ditch effort they sought out those of like mind, and soul, to ensure the next generation. As such, those that meet the requirements are inducted almost immediately. They are taught the way of storm culling, and disbursement, and if they survive the training, they are sent on their final test. To find and obtain their first, and only lightning storm. This is the most important step in their training as all of the storms they create, and consume, after are pulled from and fed to their first storm inside themselves. Too big, and the power of the storm will overwhelm the dragon and consume it, too small, and the dragon faces weakening energy until they can no longer move, and death follows shortly after. You could think of this as a master artists ongoing masterpiece, and it is said that those Umbra Callers that survived a drought were the masters that have sustained the same storm inside them for centuries. Uncertainty awaits those that join this clan, as the body of an Umbra Caller has yet to be found. No one is sure what happens to them once their soul has left their physical shackles.

Trivia:
Young males are said to test their might against each other by creating thunderclaps with a single stroke of their wings. This spectral is often surrounded by dense dark clouds.

Umbra Callers are very loyal, and will pledge their life to another. Whether it be saved by another dragon, or one of the beastclans.

They are neutral, and care not what happens in the realm below.

Though they are called a clan, they only meet once a year. Often the only other dragon an Umbra will spend a significant amount of time with is their mate.

They are very picky when choosing who will father/mother their offspring.

A nest has yet to be found, some believe they simply make clouds so dense, that their eggs are lain and hatched in a storm.

True Umbra Callers (or Umbras for short) are thought to be immortal.

Where most dragons are said to breath fire, Umbras breath storm clouds. It is said that the density/darkness/ and electricity of the strongest can rival that of Stormcatcher himself. this has yet to be proven

(believe my convincing story)
Need support now I think, to make this an official subspecies from lightning flight. I'm not really sure... lol
Ideal:
Azure/Azure/Obsidian
Cherub/Peregrine/Glimmer
Pearlcatcher
Lightning Flight
dragonpic2_zps7hpio02b.png
dragonpic2%201_zpsrw6tnb5x.png

dragonpic2_zpszulga4ub.png
dragonpic2_zpsqzxlsl5i.png
Guardian

Imperial
dragonpic2_zpsclzfkuxg.png
dragonpic2%201_zpsczcpwpjh.png

dragonpic2%206_zpszyfs86cs.png
dragonpic2%207_zps4hliprd8.png
Close enough: (They have to have at least Azure!) (I got lazy so all the pics after this are perfect color/gene combos.)
Spiral

Coatl
dragonpic2%203_zpsykxaxzhp.png
dragonpic2%202_zpszlernccz.png

dragonpic2%205_zpsvd7fy2ff.png
dragonpic2%204_zpssde3yy8y.png
Nocturne

(I forgot to add that part of their lore also dictates that the familiar friends that they have must be able to fly! Because they hardly ever return to the soil, unless they are simply resting.)

skydancers and tundras could also be part of this sub species, however the glimmer on male skydancers looks strange to my eyes
@Lalaith - Subspecies by their very nature are self proclaimed, but you will need a pinglist for people involved in the subspecies, and some sort of registry. Generally they seem to become mostly official when there's more than 5 people involved, and are indisputably official if they are added to a Subspecies registry. Since yours is based around an element, I'd seek support from the Lightning Flight as a whole; Subspecies backed by an element tend to become more well known faster. (Plague especially is notorious for this.)

If you'd like to see an established Subspecies as an example, you can follow the link in my banner to the Sin & Innocent Coatl page, I manage the Innocent. ^_^
@Lalaith - Subspecies by their very nature are self proclaimed, but you will need a pinglist for people involved in the subspecies, and some sort of registry. Generally they seem to become mostly official when there's more than 5 people involved, and are indisputably official if they are added to a Subspecies registry. Since yours is based around an element, I'd seek support from the Lightning Flight as a whole; Subspecies backed by an element tend to become more well known faster. (Plague especially is notorious for this.)

If you'd like to see an established Subspecies as an example, you can follow the link in my banner to the Sin & Innocent Coatl page, I manage the Innocent. ^_^
jdDV4Lt.png
@StormyDragon

Oh, ok, do you by chance know who I could contact in the lightning flight for some aid? Or should I just make a copy of this in the lightning forums? =P
@StormyDragon

Oh, ok, do you by chance know who I could contact in the lightning flight for some aid? Or should I just make a copy of this in the lightning forums? =P
@Lalaith - I'm not entirely sure, since Sin/Innocent Coatls aren't affiliated with an element, but I assume you would either copy it into the Lightning Forums or Make a post asking for help and official status with a link to the page. I know Lightning has an encyclopedia or something for all the subspecies they recognize as official...Sorry I'm not mush help on that part! XP
@Lalaith - I'm not entirely sure, since Sin/Innocent Coatls aren't affiliated with an element, but I assume you would either copy it into the Lightning Forums or Make a post asking for help and official status with a link to the page. I know Lightning has an encyclopedia or something for all the subspecies they recognize as official...Sorry I'm not mush help on that part! XP
jdDV4Lt.png
@StormyDragon

No don't say that! You pointed me in the right direction, I would have been wondering lost for ages if you hadn't helped me out. I'll just put a forum link to this one in lightning forms and see if I can get some help from my flight. Thank you!

now that you mention it I remember seeing that when I first joined, I should have bookmarked it....

found it
@StormyDragon

No don't say that! You pointed me in the right direction, I would have been wondering lost for ages if you hadn't helped me out. I'll just put a forum link to this one in lightning forms and see if I can get some help from my flight. Thank you!

now that you mention it I remember seeing that when I first joined, I should have bookmarked it....

found it
@Lalaith um not sure if you still need the help, but if you can't find your flight's subspecies hub, your best bet is just posting this as a topic in the Lightning forums! You'll most likely get attention there from your flight mates and you should be able to find any related subspecies :)

(Love the idea by the way!)
@Lalaith um not sure if you still need the help, but if you can't find your flight's subspecies hub, your best bet is just posting this as a topic in the Lightning forums! You'll most likely get attention there from your flight mates and you should be able to find any related subspecies :)

(Love the idea by the way!)
tumblr_o8jld6tRHZ1tv56zio6_250.png __
>> hatchery
>> lore aesthetics shop
@Lalaith

Are you selling any hatchlings from this subspecies? I'd be very interested in the Pearlcatcher or Spiral variants!
@Lalaith

Are you selling any hatchlings from this subspecies? I'd be very interested in the Pearlcatcher or Spiral variants!
o74ipCw.gifQKqmSUE.pngtumblr_oferpqhao11vfu9p0o1_100.png
@shanncrafter - I did find the forum in my flight! and I posted a message with a link to this thread. Thanks though!

@KittyCheshire - I actually have a nest right now, Spiral/Skydancer. It'll hatch in about 3~4 days (I can never remember lol put them on the nest yesterday) I have yet to get my goal, which is a pearlcatcher couple, all these glimmer scrolls are killing my wallet lol. But I've got my sibling helping me too, though she'll get the first pearlcatcher I get, I could ping you when I get another?

I do have two perfect babies that were just born yesterday, though they are a Guardian female and Tundra male. I do have a Pearl that could go with my little tundra, and my plans are to get a pearl breed change scroll for him. Though both are still hatchlings:

Thunderclap
21026308_350_zpsyxvvkehk.png

and Nalif

20918996_350_zpsuoljizfy.png

she is very close, only one off on all her colors, but I need to get her a glimmer scroll and him a breed change before I breed the two =P

I was so happy when Thunderclap and his siblings were born! Him and his sister Lightningstrike (i let my little sis name them) are both the only ones on the entire site with this color/gene combo! Truly two of a kind? lol
@shanncrafter - I did find the forum in my flight! and I posted a message with a link to this thread. Thanks though!

@KittyCheshire - I actually have a nest right now, Spiral/Skydancer. It'll hatch in about 3~4 days (I can never remember lol put them on the nest yesterday) I have yet to get my goal, which is a pearlcatcher couple, all these glimmer scrolls are killing my wallet lol. But I've got my sibling helping me too, though she'll get the first pearlcatcher I get, I could ping you when I get another?

I do have two perfect babies that were just born yesterday, though they are a Guardian female and Tundra male. I do have a Pearl that could go with my little tundra, and my plans are to get a pearl breed change scroll for him. Though both are still hatchlings:

Thunderclap
21026308_350_zpsyxvvkehk.png

and Nalif

20918996_350_zpsuoljizfy.png

she is very close, only one off on all her colors, but I need to get her a glimmer scroll and him a breed change before I breed the two =P

I was so happy when Thunderclap and his siblings were born! Him and his sister Lightningstrike (i let my little sis name them) are both the only ones on the entire site with this color/gene combo! Truly two of a kind? lol
@Lalaith

I just really love this combination! Could you ping me when the nests are ready? Breed isn't an issue! I'd just really love to own one of these lovelies
@Lalaith

I just really love this combination! Could you ping me when the nests are ready? Breed isn't an issue! I'd just really love to own one of these lovelies
o74ipCw.gifQKqmSUE.pngtumblr_oferpqhao11vfu9p0o1_100.png
@KittyCheshire

Of course! I'll need to keep them for a little, as this species is still 'under construction' lol But as soon as I have hatchlings ready to see the world I'll make sure you're the first to know!
@KittyCheshire

Of course! I'll need to keep them for a little, as this species is still 'under construction' lol But as soon as I have hatchlings ready to see the world I'll make sure you're the first to know!
1 2