Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Tale's of Lost Time
When you hear a story, what is it about? A hero? A villain? Maybe the journey of a successful merchant, or a thief who grew into power by digging through scraps. They seem like great stories, don't they? Though, I do find it pretty common to hear those types of tales. Why? Surely tales of greatness are much rarer to find then those of failure or mediocracy. So why don't we hear of those stories? Are they that rarely told? Or do we just ignore them because they seem less exciting?

Well today I'm here to tell some stories I have collected. Not many of these stories have heroes, and fewer have villains. Most are just tiny moments that made a spark in someone's life. You are free to listen or to leave, it's your choice to make. Though perhaps if you stay one may very well resonate with you. After all, most of us here are not heroes and villains, are we? Our most special memories are not always giant battles of wit and strength, sometimes it is just a little moment that 'sparks'
When you hear a story, what is it about? A hero? A villain? Maybe the journey of a successful merchant, or a thief who grew into power by digging through scraps. They seem like great stories, don't they? Though, I do find it pretty common to hear those types of tales. Why? Surely tales of greatness are much rarer to find then those of failure or mediocracy. So why don't we hear of those stories? Are they that rarely told? Or do we just ignore them because they seem less exciting?

Well today I'm here to tell some stories I have collected. Not many of these stories have heroes, and fewer have villains. Most are just tiny moments that made a spark in someone's life. You are free to listen or to leave, it's your choice to make. Though perhaps if you stay one may very well resonate with you. After all, most of us here are not heroes and villains, are we? Our most special memories are not always giant battles of wit and strength, sometimes it is just a little moment that 'sparks'
[b]Spirals[/b] "Bully! Bully!" "Sharing is caring don't you know!" "Meany Scales!" "Bug off stupid seaweed!" From the seabed I glare at the source of the noise. My irritation slowly growing as the two juvenile Spirals maintain their excessive screeching, just out of reach of my claws they so arrogantly believe. "Don't ya think yo-" A pillar of stone pierces through the ocean floor, the solid earth shooting above the spirals, leaving an inch gap between itself and the first Spiral. The annoyance cuts itself off with a screech, both pests freeze in shock as the realization that they could have been impaled finally hits. Shooting off in a gust of wind and water, I watch as they hurry away. To the relief of my lingering patience, the pests flew out of my territory and not deeper in, as it would have been a pain to hunt them down again. "Tough morning?" A light and teasing voice speaks from behind me as a third Spiral approaches. Luckily this one I won't need to chase off. "Some guests could not come to the realization they weren't welcome." I responded, growling at the word guests. The fleeing dragons fade to specks in the distance, and I turn to face the new Spiral. His scales are an abyssal blue, being nearly black. Stripes of a lighter blue, closer to that of lapis, flow evenly from the tip of his snout, along his back, and to the tip of his tail. Calm green eyes with slit pupils match my gaze. "I see," the Spiral, Freexer, responds, bubbles spilling teasingly from his maw as he speaks. "Would you like me to inform Lix?" He asks, swimming in slow spirals around me before wrapping his long form around my left shoulder. "No need," I tell him, as I start to amble back towards the beach. I'm doubtful the two pests will return so soon after my display, and I feel I have earned myself a break. Freexer remains with me as we walk along the seafloor in silence, or rather I walk. Freexer's form remains mostly wrapped around my shoulder, though his long neck is arched up and looking about. The positioning makes me think of a seahorse clinging onto a tube of coral and I nearly chuckle at the thought. I turn the laugh into a small huff before it can escape, but the Spiral catches on anyways. "What's so funny?" He asks with a curious tilt of his head. Freexer's voice is an odd combination of soft and song like. Like how one would sound if they were in the middle of falling asleep but remaining awake and trying to comfort a hatchling. "Nothing," I respond evenly. My own voice is deep and rough, gravelly as other dragons would call it. Our voices contrast greatly, I muse, much like our forms, what an odd pair we must seem. "Hm." Freexer willingly accepts my lackluster answer, and it returns to quiet. It is a peaceful quiet however, and before long I find myself approaching the shallow waters of the beach. "Seems this is my stop," Freexer almost whispers, unraveling himself from my shoulder. He turns to me with a light grin, green eyes closing for a moment in a smile. My own red eyes close for a moment as I give a soft rumble in return before opening to shoo him off. Freexer chuckles a goodbye, before swimming back into the deep ocean as I return to the surface. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93695299][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/936953/93695299.png[/img][/url] ___Sorvid___ [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93353032][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/933531/93353032.png[/img][/url] ___Freexer___
Spirals

"Bully! Bully!" "Sharing is caring don't you know!" "Meany Scales!" "Bug off stupid seaweed!"

From the seabed I glare at the source of the noise. My irritation slowly growing as the two juvenile Spirals maintain their excessive screeching, just out of reach of my claws they so arrogantly believe.

"Don't ya think yo-"

A pillar of stone pierces through the ocean floor, the solid earth shooting above the spirals, leaving an inch gap between itself and the first Spiral. The annoyance cuts itself off with a screech, both pests freeze in shock as the realization that they could have been impaled finally hits. Shooting off in a gust of wind and water, I watch as they hurry away. To the relief of my lingering patience, the pests flew out of my territory and not deeper in, as it would have been a pain to hunt them down again.

"Tough morning?" A light and teasing voice speaks from behind me as a third Spiral approaches. Luckily this one I won't need to chase off.

"Some guests could not come to the realization they weren't welcome." I responded, growling at the word guests. The fleeing dragons fade to specks in the distance, and I turn to face the new Spiral. His scales are an abyssal blue, being nearly black. Stripes of a lighter blue, closer to that of lapis, flow evenly from the tip of his snout, along his back, and to the tip of his tail. Calm green eyes with slit pupils match my gaze.

"I see," the Spiral, Freexer, responds, bubbles spilling teasingly from his maw as he speaks. "Would you like me to inform Lix?" He asks, swimming in slow spirals around me before wrapping his long form around my left shoulder.

"No need," I tell him, as I start to amble back towards the beach. I'm doubtful the two pests will return so soon after my display, and I feel I have earned myself a break. Freexer remains with me as we walk along the seafloor in silence, or rather I walk. Freexer's form remains mostly wrapped around my shoulder, though his long neck is arched up and looking about. The positioning makes me think of a seahorse clinging onto a tube of coral and I nearly chuckle at the thought. I turn the laugh into a small huff before it can escape, but the Spiral catches on anyways.

"What's so funny?" He asks with a curious tilt of his head. Freexer's voice is an odd combination of soft and song like. Like how one would sound if they were in the middle of falling asleep but remaining awake and trying to comfort a hatchling.

"Nothing," I respond evenly. My own voice is deep and rough, gravelly as other dragons would call it. Our voices contrast greatly, I muse, much like our forms, what an odd pair we must seem.

"Hm." Freexer willingly accepts my lackluster answer, and it returns to quiet. It is a peaceful quiet however, and before long I find myself approaching the shallow waters of the beach.

"Seems this is my stop," Freexer almost whispers, unraveling himself from my shoulder. He turns to me with a light grin, green eyes closing for a moment in a smile. My own red eyes close for a moment as I give a soft rumble in return before opening to shoo him off. Freexer chuckles a goodbye, before swimming back into the deep ocean as I return to the surface.

93695299.png
___Sorvid___
93353032.png
___Freexer___