Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ '23] A Wayward Workshop
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Ludivina couldn't help but smile at Cora's carefree approach. It seemed a little odd from her but he wasn't going to question it. "Well if my idea seems like utter nonsense I won't be too hurt if it remains unlabeled," he assured her. [Center][item=adjudicator rings][/center] Adjudicator rings. The enchantment from the rings rose up like a plume of smoke. They were a mark of office, belonging to someone who makes decisions or judgements. They represent someone with a lot of power, both socially and magically. [CENTER][item=vision orb][/center] Vision orbs. A lot of them. They're able to remotely view things, offering the wielder great insight and knowledge. They're also small enough to be discreet about it. Perhaps the judged used them to inform their decisions… [Center][item=feisty poison][/center] Feisty poison. A highly dangerous agent. Perhaps its related to some crime the adjudicator was presiding over? Or maybe they used it themselves for something. It gave him an uneasy feeling to think about a judge using such underhanded means; that didn't bode well. [Center][item=copper pocketwatch][/center] A copper pocketwatch. It looked well maintained. Perhaps it's a mark of success or reliability. "Well it seems to symbolize a person, a dragon. I think they're a judge, or an adjudicator to be technical. They're a powerful one with an enchanted mark of office. However they're more than that. They're able to watch, to gather evidence with their own vision to make their decisions. In that way, I suppose they're kinda like a jury- that makes sense! They're the [b]judge[/b], the [b]jury[/b], and, judging by the poison, [b]executioner[/b]. This dragon had the power to absolutely and unilaterally decide the fate of others." "And what of the watch?" Cora prompted gently. "Well, it's a nice looking one. I suppose it could symbolize success. Perhaps its more to do with the orderly or timely nature of this judgment." "Copper watches like these are notorious for going slow," she added. "Oh, I see," Ludivina stopped to consider. "Then perhaps it is about order. The judge made their calls like clockwork. However they're too late. When they're always behind on stopping problems, all they can do is deliver justice for what was done."
Ludivina couldn't help but smile at Cora's carefree approach. It seemed a little odd from her but he wasn't going to question it. "Well if my idea seems like utter nonsense I won't be too hurt if it remains unlabeled," he assured her.
Adjudicator Rings
Adjudicator rings. The enchantment from the rings rose up like a plume of smoke. They were a mark of office, belonging to someone who makes decisions or judgements. They represent someone with a lot of power, both socially and magically.
Vision Orb
Vision orbs. A lot of them. They're able to remotely view things, offering the wielder great insight and knowledge. They're also small enough to be discreet about it. Perhaps the judged used them to inform their decisions…
Feisty Poison
Feisty poison. A highly dangerous agent. Perhaps its related to some crime the adjudicator was presiding over? Or maybe they used it themselves for something. It gave him an uneasy feeling to think about a judge using such underhanded means; that didn't bode well.
Copper Pocketwatch
A copper pocketwatch. It looked well maintained. Perhaps it's a mark of success or reliability.

"Well it seems to symbolize a person, a dragon. I think they're a judge, or an adjudicator to be technical. They're a powerful one with an enchanted mark of office. However they're more than that. They're able to watch, to gather evidence with their own vision to make their decisions. In that way, I suppose they're kinda like a jury- that makes sense! They're the judge, the jury, and, judging by the poison, executioner. This dragon had the power to absolutely and unilaterally decide the fate of others."
"And what of the watch?" Cora prompted gently.
"Well, it's a nice looking one. I suppose it could symbolize success. Perhaps its more to do with the orderly or timely nature of this judgment."
"Copper watches like these are notorious for going slow," she added.
"Oh, I see," Ludivina stopped to consider. "Then perhaps it is about order. The judge made their calls like clockwork. However they're too late. When they're always behind on stopping problems, all they can do is deliver justice for what was done."
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
Hey, no worries, everyone's got IRL stuff to deal with! I've been loving the event so far- in fact, i've got a question to ask myself. I know that late entries wouldnt get the daily prizes- but if i submitted writing for some of the ones i missed, would I get the raffle entry tickets for them? Completely fine if not, I just wanted to check :D (This entry is a little less sweet than yesterdays, but I hope you still enjoy! While the pocketwatch itself doesn't feature in the story, I saw it's description of 'always keeping a time too late' and kinda ran with it :D' [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87145199][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/871452/87145199_350.png[/img][/url] Tiskul sets down the copper and quickly trots up to Cora, eyes just a little less... freaky than yesterday. She seems to be warming to her, if the way they shine a little brighter at her presence is any indication. 'Yes. Facination with a story already told is one thing, but to make an entirely new one...' She shakes her head apologetically. 'I'm afraid I wouldnt be able to do that. I'm a borrower, not a creator.' She brightens a little bit, though, at being asked for help. 'Still, if the guild asks for a label, then I may be able to help. May I see the panel?' She quietly follows Cora past the small crowd of buyers, claws completely silent against the floor. Her head snaps from side to side seemingly uncontrollably, eyes sparkling at every new piece of glass she sees. She looks like she wants to buy out the entire tent, and by the way she's eyeing the artisans, she might just be planning to. Cora's rapidly-shrinking figure in the distance is the only thing that keeps her walking. She gets to the back, catching up to Cora, and stares at the piece for a long moment in total silence. Finally, she speaks in a monotone. 'Oh. Rotten. I don't like this one.' She seems oblivious to what she just said, wrinkling her nose as if the piece was crawling with mould. It's perfectly beautiful- rich, ruby reds and oranges, filtering the yellow light of the tent in blood-soaked rays. Not quite the same style as the earlier chunk, but still gorgeous. 'I hate it. No happy endings, with this one. Too little, too late. A wedding. A death.' She hums, but it doesn't sound like before. It isn't light and warm. It sounds like the low hum of a tornado siren about to start blaring. Her eyes start going glassy again, but not with fond memories. She speaks again. [i]'The rings. They were the first mistake. They weren't set with rubies. They were meant to be, but the bride and groom agreed otherwise. The ultimate show of faith, made with endless love. The rings were set with a pair of eyes, one each. Shining orbs of red and amber- looking into one would reveal what the other saw. They hid nothing from each other. They could not.' [/i] The hum turns into a low snarl. Tiskul's eyes sharpen. [i]'They watched everything. Too paranoid to spend longer than an hour away from their own little spy-glasses. A snake devouring itself, their paranoia made each other the only thing they cared about. They only grew more frantic the closer to the wedding they came. For it to be ruined- unthinkable. The only way to stave off their fears was to make sure that their faithfullness, their loyalty, was repaid in full. The checks became every half hour. Every quarter. Every minute spent away from each other was a minute that was unaccounted for. Friends left in droves, disgusted that they had only been alibis. The only ones they could trust were each other.' [/i] [i]'Inevitable, then, that it would shatter. The groom. Found something by mistake. A gorgeous amulet, filled with shimmering green liquid. He didn't know it was poison- how could he? Thought it would make a lovely gift.' [/i] Tiskul almost snaps her words now, sentences breaking, spines bristling along her back like she's forgotten how to speak. Her pupils have narrowed so far they're almost invisible, seas of pale gold swallowing them. [i]'She saw. She saw. She thought she saw. Took the poison for herself. Stole it. Held it over his dinner, when he wasn't home. Faltered. Took it down. Not before it leaked. Old, old thing- seal wasn't tight enough. She saw.' [/i] [i]'She saw. Too scared to tell him. Too late to make him another dinner. The trust they had staked everything on was broken, now. Even if he was innocent, she wouldn't be. Only a drop. Not enough to kill a fully-grown dragon, surely.' [/i] Tiskul tries to steady herself with a breath, but it doesn't seem to work. [i]'They sit at the table. He goes up to his room, and comes back with a box. Says he has a gift for her, a pretty little amulet he found in an antique shop.' [/i] [i]'He pulls out the amulet that she placed back in it's case. It was only emptied a drop. He hadn't noticed anything amiss.' [/i] [i]'She starts screaming at him. Telling him not to touch his dinner. Too late, too late. He already has.' [/i] Tiskul's claws are wrapped in a vice-grip around her head now, like she's trying to crush the thoughts out. She stopped [i]wanting [/i]to talk a long time ago. But she doesn't seem able to [i]stop[/i]. Her teeth sink into her tongue, grinding against each other with a horrific cracking noise, and finally, she's silent. It's a little while before she speaks again, and her voice is weak and hoarse. 'I don't like that one. I don't think you should label it.'
Hey, no worries, everyone's got IRL stuff to deal with! I've been loving the event so far- in fact, i've got a question to ask myself. I know that late entries wouldnt get the daily prizes- but if i submitted writing for some of the ones i missed, would I get the raffle entry tickets for them? Completely fine if not, I just wanted to check :D

(This entry is a little less sweet than yesterdays, but I hope you still enjoy! While the pocketwatch itself doesn't feature in the story, I saw it's description of 'always keeping a time too late' and kinda ran with it :D'

87145199_350.png

Tiskul sets down the copper and quickly trots up to Cora, eyes just a little less... freaky than yesterday. She seems to be warming to her, if the way they shine a little brighter at her presence is any indication.

'Yes. Facination with a story already told is one thing, but to make an entirely new one...'

She shakes her head apologetically.

'I'm afraid I wouldnt be able to do that. I'm a borrower, not a creator.'

She brightens a little bit, though, at being asked for help.

'Still, if the guild asks for a label, then I may be able to help. May I see the panel?'

She quietly follows Cora past the small crowd of buyers, claws completely silent against the floor. Her head snaps from side to side seemingly uncontrollably, eyes sparkling at every new piece of glass she sees. She looks like she wants to buy out the entire tent, and by the way she's eyeing the artisans, she might just be planning to. Cora's rapidly-shrinking figure in the distance is the only thing that keeps her walking.

She gets to the back, catching up to Cora, and stares at the piece for a long moment in total silence.

Finally, she speaks in a monotone.

'Oh. Rotten. I don't like this one.'

She seems oblivious to what she just said, wrinkling her nose as if the piece was crawling with mould. It's perfectly beautiful- rich, ruby reds and oranges, filtering the yellow light of the tent in blood-soaked rays. Not quite the same style as the earlier chunk, but still gorgeous.

'I hate it. No happy endings, with this one. Too little, too late. A wedding. A death.'

She hums, but it doesn't sound like before. It isn't light and warm. It sounds like the low hum of a tornado siren about to start blaring. Her eyes start going glassy again, but not with fond memories. She speaks again.

'The rings. They were the first mistake. They weren't set with rubies. They were meant to be, but the bride and groom agreed otherwise. The ultimate show of faith, made with endless love. The rings were set with a pair of eyes, one each. Shining orbs of red and amber- looking into one would reveal what the other saw. They hid nothing from each other. They could not.'

The hum turns into a low snarl. Tiskul's eyes sharpen.

'They watched everything. Too paranoid to spend longer than an hour away from their own little spy-glasses. A snake devouring itself, their paranoia made each other the only thing they cared about. They only grew more frantic the closer to the wedding they came. For it to be ruined- unthinkable. The only way to stave off their fears was to make sure that their faithfullness, their loyalty, was repaid in full. The checks became every half hour. Every quarter. Every minute spent away from each other was a minute that was unaccounted for. Friends left in droves, disgusted that they had only been alibis. The only ones they could trust were each other.'

'Inevitable, then, that it would shatter. The groom. Found something by mistake. A gorgeous amulet, filled with shimmering green liquid. He didn't know it was poison- how could he? Thought it would make a lovely gift.'

Tiskul almost snaps her words now, sentences breaking, spines bristling along her back like she's forgotten how to speak. Her pupils have narrowed so far they're almost invisible, seas of pale gold swallowing them.

'She saw. She saw. She thought she saw. Took the poison for herself. Stole it. Held it over his dinner, when he wasn't home. Faltered. Took it down. Not before it leaked. Old, old thing- seal wasn't tight enough. She saw.'

'She saw. Too scared to tell him. Too late to make him another dinner. The trust they had staked everything on was broken, now. Even if he was innocent, she wouldn't be. Only a drop. Not enough to kill a fully-grown dragon, surely.'

Tiskul tries to steady herself with a breath, but it doesn't seem to work.

'They sit at the table. He goes up to his room, and comes back with a box. Says he has a gift for her, a pretty little amulet he found in an antique shop.'

'He pulls out the amulet that she placed back in it's case. It was only emptied a drop. He hadn't noticed anything amiss.'

'She starts screaming at him. Telling him not to touch his dinner. Too late, too late. He already has.'

Tiskul's claws are wrapped in a vice-grip around her head now, like she's trying to crush the thoughts out. She stopped wanting to talk a long time ago. But she doesn't seem able to stop. Her teeth sink into her tongue, grinding against each other with a horrific cracking noise, and finally, she's silent.

It's a little while before she speaks again, and her voice is weak and hoarse.

'I don't like that one. I don't think you should label it.'

shale.png Water-Animated-Crystals.gif water.gif Water-Animated-Crystals.gif shale.png
Aurax relaxes a bit when he sees Cora eating. He always feel a bit more at ease in relaxed settings and this little moment made him feel a bit better after all the hustle and bustle in the streets.

When shown the panel Aurax thinks for a second and says. "I think this is one about another story."

Then he continued "I think this one is about the owl King of the moon. A story I don't remember all too well. Aurax reminded himself that he should pay better attention at Moraine's story time.

"I think it was an old story about how the Sun and the Moon are interconnected and that the Owl King of the Moon didn't want to settle for being seen as lesser than the Sun king." then he scratched his head "Don't know how it ended cause I fell asleep." and grinned sheepishly.

"Same place again tomorrow?"

(my entry for day 11)
Aurax relaxes a bit when he sees Cora eating. He always feel a bit more at ease in relaxed settings and this little moment made him feel a bit better after all the hustle and bustle in the streets.

When shown the panel Aurax thinks for a second and says. "I think this is one about another story."

Then he continued "I think this one is about the owl King of the moon. A story I don't remember all too well. Aurax reminded himself that he should pay better attention at Moraine's story time.

"I think it was an old story about how the Sun and the Moon are interconnected and that the Owl King of the Moon didn't want to settle for being seen as lesser than the Sun king." then he scratched his head "Don't know how it ended cause I fell asleep." and grinned sheepishly.

"Same place again tomorrow?"

(my entry for day 11)
lightbottom.png
[center][item=Supernal Brightbeast][item=Rusted Crown][item=Light Tome][item=Bronze Fabric Scrap][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3248473/16#post_54495187][b]Previously...[/b][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80619446][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/806195/80619446.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41855678][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/418557/41855678.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][b]Shine bright like a... Brightbeast???[/b][/center] After a break, some fresh air and idle talk with other visitors, they went back to what had become [i]their[/i] cave, having left the budgie to keep watch. It had gone by the time they'd come back, and flew back in a couple minutes later, landing on the sandglass, inviting the pearlcatcher to follow its guidance once more. The Waychip seemed to be waiting, for what exactly none of them could figure out. Thorben sat down where he had earlier, taking a deep breath before setting things up. It took a moment for the sand to start forming recognisable shapes. When he started recognising [i]something[/i] though, he frowned for a while before speaking up. "Well, that's a... big budgie..." "What do you see?" "Oh, you know, just a Supernal Brightbeast?" "What?" "With a crown! Bit rusted.." He squinted in an attempt to get a clearer view. "Guarding a Light tome...," he made another pause, whispering the last words in disbelief, "deposited on some fabric, it shimmers a bit, possibly bronze linen." "Sign of stability?" "I'm sorry? Which part of what I just listed sounds like stability to you?" "Bronze, that's what it stands for. And runners-up, but also stability." "Well, there isn't much stable about a Brightbeast, or that crown on its head. And Light tomes are not to be trifled with!" "Maybe that's the point." "Ok, this time it's your thoughts I can't keep up with, Lychen!" "Well..." The snapper paused. "A Light tome is incredibly valuable, especially an ancient one, lots of knowledge gets lost as libraries decay, or their archives turn to dust over time." "Or aethers come by..." "Well, aethers weren't here yet [i]then[/i] though." "Presumably not. Not unless we're talking very, [i]very[/i] ancient times..." "Having a Brightbeast to protect it makes sense. I've only ever seen one from a distance, but it's... not exactly the kind of beings you'd expect to survive a less-than-friendly encounter with." "What's the crown for?" "Fun?" The snapper paused in search of another answer. "Or maybe it's a superb owl, an ultra-bright beast?" "Lychen, [i]please[/i]." "I'm just saying, it would make sense to have had that kind of treasure being protected by that kind of creature, with that symbolism, in a cave system deep within the Light territory." "I'm not disagreeing with you." "But...?" "But [i]what[/i] actually happened? This is just a fixed image..." "What this is is context. I mean you'd have to be either incredibly stupid or incredibly greedy to risk that kind of adventure. The budgie tagging along makes sense, though it must have one hell of a lifespan, possibly the Waystone's doing." He stopped. "Although there could have been several budgies, who made more, and this is the last of them down the line, anyway." He went back to his initial line of thought. "The Waystone might have been a kind of early warning system in itself, too!" "Given the state we found it in, my guess is [i]something[/i] happened." "Something that erased the whole thing from collective memories..." "Which is all the more so remarkable because the Light flight is not known for not chronicling things. Maybe books are the answer. You wouldn't happen to have a less ancient Light tome handy, by any chance?" "I don't, but you've got to have something tome-adjacent in that pile of yours!" "Not adjacent enough." "Do you think we should bring this to... higher authorities?" "Well, we could, but we'd never hear the details, if anything at all, and wouldn't be allowed down here again, possibly." "Meaning?" "Meaning if our future is down here, we might as well make it easier for ourselves by not putting a barrier between us and that future." "Do you think that Brightbeast is still out there though?" The snapper half-whispered in reverence. "Could be... It'd be interesting to have a full map of the place, if the Waystone wouldn't mind firing up that part of its memory..." "Well, if my intuition is correct, if it was meant as an early warning system it's unlikely it ever had one!" "You've got a point..." "So what now?" The image in the sandglass was starting to fade, hopefully another one would form soon. "Now, we wait."
Supernal Brightbeast Rusted Crown Light Tome Bronze Fabric Scrap

80619446.png41855678.png

Shine bright like a... Brightbeast???

After a break, some fresh air and idle talk with other visitors, they went back to what had become their cave, having left the budgie to keep watch. It had gone by the time they'd come back, and flew back in a couple minutes later, landing on the sandglass, inviting the pearlcatcher to follow its guidance once more. The Waychip seemed to be waiting, for what exactly none of them could figure out.

Thorben sat down where he had earlier, taking a deep breath before setting things up. It took a moment for the sand to start forming recognisable shapes. When he started recognising something though, he frowned for a while before speaking up.

"Well, that's a... big budgie..."

"What do you see?"

"Oh, you know, just a Supernal Brightbeast?"

"What?"

"With a crown! Bit rusted.." He squinted in an attempt to get a clearer view. "Guarding a Light tome...," he made another pause, whispering the last words in disbelief, "deposited on some fabric, it shimmers a bit, possibly bronze linen."

"Sign of stability?"

"I'm sorry? Which part of what I just listed sounds like stability to you?"

"Bronze, that's what it stands for. And runners-up, but also stability."

"Well, there isn't much stable about a Brightbeast, or that crown on its head. And Light tomes are not to be trifled with!"

"Maybe that's the point."

"Ok, this time it's your thoughts I can't keep up with, Lychen!"

"Well..." The snapper paused. "A Light tome is incredibly valuable, especially an ancient one, lots of knowledge gets lost as libraries decay, or their archives turn to dust over time."

"Or aethers come by..."

"Well, aethers weren't here yet then though."

"Presumably not. Not unless we're talking very, very ancient times..."

"Having a Brightbeast to protect it makes sense. I've only ever seen one from a distance, but it's... not exactly the kind of beings you'd expect to survive a less-than-friendly encounter with."

"What's the crown for?"

"Fun?" The snapper paused in search of another answer. "Or maybe it's a superb owl, an ultra-bright beast?"

"Lychen, please."

"I'm just saying, it would make sense to have had that kind of treasure being protected by that kind of creature, with that symbolism, in a cave system deep within the Light territory."

"I'm not disagreeing with you."

"But...?"

"But what actually happened? This is just a fixed image..."

"What this is is context. I mean you'd have to be either incredibly stupid or incredibly greedy to risk that kind of adventure. The budgie tagging along makes sense, though it must have one hell of a lifespan, possibly the Waystone's doing." He stopped. "Although there could have been several budgies, who made more, and this is the last of them down the line, anyway." He went back to his initial line of thought. "The Waystone might have been a kind of early warning system in itself, too!"

"Given the state we found it in, my guess is something happened."

"Something that erased the whole thing from collective memories..."

"Which is all the more so remarkable because the Light flight is not known for not chronicling things. Maybe books are the answer. You wouldn't happen to have a less ancient Light tome handy, by any chance?"

"I don't, but you've got to have something tome-adjacent in that pile of yours!"

"Not adjacent enough."

"Do you think we should bring this to... higher authorities?"

"Well, we could, but we'd never hear the details, if anything at all, and wouldn't be allowed down here again, possibly."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning if our future is down here, we might as well make it easier for ourselves by not putting a barrier between us and that future."

"Do you think that Brightbeast is still out there though?" The snapper half-whispered in reverence.

"Could be... It'd be interesting to have a full map of the place, if the Waystone wouldn't mind firing up that part of its memory..."

"Well, if my intuition is correct, if it was meant as an early warning system it's unlikely it ever had one!"

"You've got a point..."

"So what now?"

The image in the sandglass was starting to fade, hopefully another one would form soon.

"Now, we wait."
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo3_100.png
dEe2UrM.png
5hF3FGk.png
QFQWWs0.png earthb1.png
Attention span was in the trash tonight, decided to let my hurry reflect in him lol

Ludivina took the list but his eyes were on the food. "Oh that does look good," he hummed and tried to focus on the stained glass instead. His stomach was clawing at itself. He would go quickly then.

Supernal brightbeast. Majestic, mysterious, tied to the moon.
Wearing bronze fabric. Symbolizes stability.
And a crown, which fit it far better than any dragons head.
All gloriously above an open light tome.

"This seems to represent a legendary king, a king of the beasts I suppose. His ever changing nature was tempered; he was shockingly stable for a creature which shifts with the moon. The tales of his reign must be recorded somewhere within the annals of light's vast library…" Ludivina trailed off, inhaling another deep breath of food scent.
He gave a sheepish grin to Cora, "I must be off now, I think I saw some rambra legs at one of the vendors. I'll let you get back to your meal too!"
Attention span was in the trash tonight, decided to let my hurry reflect in him lol

Ludivina took the list but his eyes were on the food. "Oh that does look good," he hummed and tried to focus on the stained glass instead. His stomach was clawing at itself. He would go quickly then.

Supernal brightbeast. Majestic, mysterious, tied to the moon.
Wearing bronze fabric. Symbolizes stability.
And a crown, which fit it far better than any dragons head.
All gloriously above an open light tome.

"This seems to represent a legendary king, a king of the beasts I suppose. His ever changing nature was tempered; he was shockingly stable for a creature which shifts with the moon. The tales of his reign must be recorded somewhere within the annals of light's vast library…" Ludivina trailed off, inhaling another deep breath of food scent.
He gave a sheepish grin to Cora, "I must be off now, I think I saw some rambra legs at one of the vendors. I'll let you get back to your meal too!"
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79245327][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/792454/79245327p.png[/img][/url] [font=courier][size=4]Uphold crown and tome, or beware the fury of the cloaked shining beast
79245327p.png

Uphold crown and tome,
or beware the fury of
the cloaked shining beast
DRAGONS !
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/30425782][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=30425782&skin=32422&apparel=5691,5690,22166&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Legion is absolutely, totally not hiding in Cora's shadow to catch a nap because it turns out light colors are inexplicably [i]hotter[/i] in direct sunshine than darker colors are and heat makes him sleepy... and Cora is absolutely, totally (not) leveraging another mock-expert opinion in exchange for her gracious shelter. (Extortionist.) "Hmwrmn..." Legion squints at the glass thingy and totally doesn't yawn. "Three brightbeasts in a trenchrobe held on by a crown... wonder what they're selling. I mean reading."
dragon?did=30425782&skin=32422&apparel=5691,5690,22166&xt=dressing.png

Legion is absolutely, totally not hiding in Cora's shadow to catch a nap because it turns out light colors are inexplicably hotter in direct sunshine than darker colors are and heat makes him sleepy... and Cora is absolutely, totally (not) leveraging another mock-expert opinion in exchange for her gracious shelter. (Extortionist.)

"Hmwrmn..." Legion squints at the glass thingy and totally doesn't yawn. "Three brightbeasts in a trenchrobe held on by a crown... wonder what they're selling. I mean reading."
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[center]Day Eleven [img]https://i.imgur.com/gijp9N7.png[/img] [i]- Reconstruction of a damaged section of stained glass iconography -[/i][/center]
Day Eleven

gijp9N7.png

- Reconstruction of a damaged section of stained glass iconography -
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png m2YbpzO.png Xx3ZGyj.png
[quote=June 29th] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5ccb032736d73ae8df37af82ab161d1/tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif[/img][color=transparent]--[/color][b][color=#c4d5a4][font=Georgia]Day Twelve[/font][/color][/b] [font=Georgia]Today is shaping up to be a certainly peculiar one. When asking after Cora today at the park, you were directed instead toward the harbor, informed by an artisan lazing about in the heat of summer that, quote, “She’ll be somewhere down in that mess.” So, now you’ve found yourself ducking through the crowd at the port of Lanternlea, filled to the brim with ships and dragons. You’re not even really sure how you’re expected to find Cora, as being an imperial of naturally large stature means little in the face of other large imperials and tall, beautiful ships. The air is salty and the breeze makes your skin feel sticky, but you press on nonetheless. It takes an admittedly keen eye, but you finally spot her down one of the docks. She stands near a pile of barrels, upon which you can see a pane of stained glass - smaller than the one you’ve been dealing with the other days - is leaning on the pile. Surrounding her are a group of somewhat serious looking tundras and gaolers, wearing rich furs and weapons strapped to their side and backs.[/font] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/13697861][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/136979/13697861_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=Georgia]As you get closer, you call her name and she glances over her shoulder. She waves to you in acknowledgment, then steps to the side so you can join the group. She pauses the apparent discussion between them as you arrive. “Everyone, this is one of my volunteers.” Cora shifts her gaze to you and gestures to the group in kind. “This is a hunting group from the Southern Icefield. I thought they might be able to help with today’s mystery.” You nod, though you’re not sure you needed her to tell you that. Their get-up and icy eyes that bore into you could’ve told you from a mile away they were children of the Icewarden. “I suspected it was something to do with hunting, but honestly, I could be completely off.” She nudges you playfully. “Always more fun when it’s something off the wall, right?” She spins promptly, clapping her paws together, and points to the panel. “How about this - you take a look, we pitch it to the hunters, and they can give us some back-and-forth based on their expertise.” Cora offers enthusiastically, eyes gleaming. You cast a glance at the hunter group. They don’t look too terribly in a hurry, so you figure, what can it hurt? You step up towards the panel to get a closer look as Cora passes you the daily list as normal. [/font] [center][item=Black Wolf Cape][item=Grave Dust][item=King of The Plains][item=Dryad Carving][/center][/quote] Hi hi! It’s day twelve. Wow, we’re so close to the end. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Brightshine Jubilee. It’s truly my favorite day of the year, though I’ve had storms IRL for the past three weeks. However, the sun can’t hide forever behind dark clouds! I hope you all have fun with this prompt. Reminder that [b]June 28th’s prompt is still open until rollover[/b] and this prompt is open until rollover tomorrow as well! [quote=Daily Pinglist] [size=2]@Somariel @Map1e @xenonentity @skittlepup1 @TETRAHEDR0N @harpyja @sockmonkeygerald @Medievalredragon @sp580s @gn0me @Stolen @alyblaith @Bnemesis @Starefaba @MerlinMausi @Wolfspeaker @RocketBear @Halcy @iorekeeper @sbslink @mgcltwo @Kuroda @8ooks @alliram @growingCataclysm @DragonWolfAZ @ThesFireflies @NegCol @Saronai @Islet @Shoz @Deladria @Doozie @ @SatyrGatyr @Beezarre @Moshipuppy[/size][/quote]
June 29th wrote:
tumblr_inline_nswmwe0q2G1qiwi8o_500.gif--Day Twelve

Today is shaping up to be a certainly peculiar one. When asking after Cora today at the park, you were directed instead toward the harbor, informed by an artisan lazing about in the heat of summer that, quote, “She’ll be somewhere down in that mess.” So, now you’ve found yourself ducking through the crowd at the port of Lanternlea, filled to the brim with ships and dragons. You’re not even really sure how you’re expected to find Cora, as being an imperial of naturally large stature means little in the face of other large imperials and tall, beautiful ships. The air is salty and the breeze makes your skin feel sticky, but you press on nonetheless.

It takes an admittedly keen eye, but you finally spot her down one of the docks. She stands near a pile of barrels, upon which you can see a pane of stained glass - smaller than the one you’ve been dealing with the other days - is leaning on the pile. Surrounding her are a group of somewhat serious looking tundras and gaolers, wearing rich furs and weapons strapped to their side and backs.

13697861_350.png

As you get closer, you call her name and she glances over her shoulder. She waves to you in acknowledgment, then steps to the side so you can join the group. She pauses the apparent discussion between them as you arrive.

“Everyone, this is one of my volunteers.” Cora shifts her gaze to you and gestures to the group in kind. “This is a hunting group from the Southern Icefield. I thought they might be able to help with today’s mystery.”

You nod, though you’re not sure you needed her to tell you that. Their get-up and icy eyes that bore into you could’ve told you from a mile away they were children of the Icewarden.

“I suspected it was something to do with hunting, but honestly, I could be completely off.” She nudges you playfully. “Always more fun when it’s something off the wall, right?” She spins promptly, clapping her paws together, and points to the panel.

“How about this - you take a look, we pitch it to the hunters, and they can give us some back-and-forth based on their expertise.” Cora offers enthusiastically, eyes gleaming. You cast a glance at the hunter group. They don’t look too terribly in a hurry, so you figure, what can it hurt?

You step up towards the panel to get a closer look as Cora passes you the daily list as normal.

Black Wolf Cape Grave Dust King of the Plains Dryad Carving

Hi hi! It’s day twelve. Wow, we’re so close to the end. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Brightshine Jubilee. It’s truly my favorite day of the year, though I’ve had storms IRL for the past three weeks. However, the sun can’t hide forever behind dark clouds! I hope you all have fun with this prompt. Reminder that June 28th’s prompt is still open until rollover and this prompt is open until rollover tomorrow as well!
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[quote name="@Doozie" date="2023-06-29 20:41:09" ] [center]Day Eleven [img]https://i.imgur.com/gijp9N7.png[/img] [i]- Reconstruction of a damaged section of stained glass iconography -[/i][/center] [/quote] Adorable!
@Doozie wrote on 2023-06-29 20:41:09:
Day Eleven

gijp9N7.png

- Reconstruction of a damaged section of stained glass iconography -
Adorable!
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20