Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Making a FR graphic novel about my clan!
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YNV09b3.jpg[/img] [center][size=6][font=camtria]STARS AND SCARS ~ A FR COMIC[/center][/size] ----- [size=4][center][font=cambria] Cover: not started Character designs: In progress Comic pages done: 0 Comic pages in progress: 0 Story: part 1 done [/center][font=cambria] Hello y'all, just me casually making a FR comicbook about my lair since I'm way too horrible at writing. Feel free to be added to the pings and updates! Warning: This story may contain mature themes and violence (none that breaks FR rules hopefully) Note: Please comment on my [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3173153#post_3173153]Art dump[/url] thread, I want to keep this one clean to browse. ----- [size=5][font=cambria]PART ONE[/size] [font=cambria][size=4] Story: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74344808]Frostpetal[/url] lived in the starwood strand with her family. They were magic-infused faes who lived as a massive community. Her peers dreamed of casting spells and becoming mages, but her own interests revolved around building, constructing and planning. Her parents still expected to practice with her magic, to her annoyance. Frostpetal had hated magic, she hated how fiddly it was and how she had to “meditate” and how hard it was to channel magic from her surroundings. She focused on studying instead of actively practicing. One day, her siblings challenged her to a competition where they fought off familiars. Frostpetal told them that she wasn’t interested but they told her the reward was a piece of silk apparel of their choice. Frostpetal had always wanted to adorn her wings but she could never afford it, the rest of siblings were dressed but she was plain. She entered, thinking the expectations of magical capacities were in her range. However, the first challenge was that the contestants had to fight a familiar with their magic. Frostpetal dismissed her worries and confidently lunged toward the creature, but as she lashed out her magic nothing came. She tried again but yielded no result. The familiar saw her incoming attack and ferociously chomped on her leg, snapping the bones. The fae fled in pain and agony, as well as confusion on how her magic had suddenly vanished. Her parents had discovered that the youngsters of the clan were engaging in this risky challenge, and they were shocked. When Frostpetal woke up in the healer’s den, she heard a strange voice in the corner. She didn’t want to move at first, but she was curious. She slowly crept toward the corner of the room, where she spotted a wiry, dusty fae curled up staring at her. Frostpetal was in utter shock - the fae looked exactly like her. The unusual look-alike beckoned her to follow him, and the two ducked under a gap to a bare section of the woods. The stranger introduced them as [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79457382]Snowpetal[/url], and that he had arrived to help her, under a mysterious prophecy. He told him that he needed her help to find a runestone to accelerate his shadow abilities. She agreed, wanting to be a helpful dragon. But her injured leg was slowing her as she crawled through the twisted branches. Snowpetal helped her, using his tiny body to carry her with great effort. Soon they reached a clearing that was far away from the camp. The two began to have a conversation and eventually formed a bond. Every day, Frostpetal escaped her dull hours in the hospital to visit Snowpetal and discuss things with him. However, the doctor [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80898622]Alioth[/url] was concerned that he could not find her anywhere. Frostpetal lied that she was helping her brother [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67936808]Whiteout[/url] with studying. She felt terrible when Alioth believed her, but she knew that helping Snowpetal was important. A few days later, upon visiting Snowpetal had found the runestone and wanted her to see him test out his upgraded abilities. She was curious to find out what it did to him, and he reached out, shadows pouring out of his wrists. She was amazed for a moment but cried out sharply in pain. The flowing shadows wrapped around her maimed leg, infecting it with darkness. She began screaming, but Snowpetal closed her mouth. Hours of agony became days as Snowpetal left Frostpetal to suffer on the dead earth. Frostpetal tried to sleep but her dazed eyes wouldn’t close. Was she dead? A few days later, Snowpetal urgently carried Frostpetal and took her back to the camp. The shadows faded, leaving her leg unusually clean. Frostpetal landed on the ground clumsily and was unable to lift herself up. Her father, Whiteout was shocked to learn about this, and inspected her legs. They were perfectly normal, but upon command she was unable to move them. Frostpetal was crippled for life, the elemental injury was beyond repair. Frostpetal watched mournfully as her siblings frolicked with their magic, and knowing she would both never be able to walk again and use magic. Shocking news spread through the clan like a forest fire. Somebody had stolen one of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74606076]Pulsar’s[/url] elemental runestones, and they were considered extremely rare and sacred. The next few moments were a blur for frostpetal as she had taken some herbs for her to sleep as the healers inspected her for any signs of contuse, but when she woke up she was bombarded with the faces of furious clanmates screaming at her. She thought it was a hallucination, but realized it was happening as [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/79878854]Byeol[/url], the clan leader grabbed her and demanded an answer for the missing runestone. Frostpetal’s mind could not process what had happened quick enough and she dissolved into blurry gray darkness. She awoke half-drowning and screamed for help. Attempting to swim with her miniscule arms and stagnant legs, all hope was lost until a sudden torrential wave swept her into a pillar of crystal. She dropped into a gap through the crystal, feeling her frail wings tear against the jagged rock and crash into a hide of scales. Please note this story is a huge WIP! It is being worked on! ----- [size=5][font=cambria]Character designs[/size] [font=cambria][size=5] [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/nDHE2xE.jpg[/img] [url= https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74344809] ORION [/url]
YNV09b3.jpg

STARS AND SCARS ~ A FR COMIC

Cover: not started
Character designs: In progress
Comic pages done: 0
Comic pages in progress: 0
Story: part 1 done

Hello y'all, just me casually making a FR comicbook about my lair since I'm way too horrible at writing. Feel free to be added to the pings and updates!
Warning: This story may contain mature themes and violence (none that breaks FR rules hopefully)

Note: Please comment on my Art dump thread, I want to keep this one clean to browse.

PART ONE

Story:
Frostpetal lived in the starwood strand with her family. They were magic-infused faes who lived as a massive community. Her peers dreamed of casting spells and becoming mages, but her own interests revolved around building, constructing and planning. Her parents still expected to practice with her magic, to her annoyance.
Frostpetal had hated magic, she hated how fiddly it was and how she had to “meditate” and how hard it was to channel magic from her surroundings. She focused on studying instead of actively practicing. One day, her siblings challenged her to a competition where they fought off familiars. Frostpetal told them that she wasn’t interested but they told her the reward was a piece of silk apparel of their choice. Frostpetal had always wanted to adorn her wings but she could never afford it, the rest of siblings were dressed but she was plain. She entered, thinking the expectations of magical capacities were in her range. However, the first challenge was that the contestants had to fight a familiar with their magic. Frostpetal dismissed her worries and confidently lunged toward the creature, but as she lashed out her magic nothing came. She tried again but yielded no result. The familiar saw her incoming attack and ferociously chomped on her leg, snapping the bones. The fae fled in pain and agony, as well as confusion on how her magic had suddenly vanished. Her parents had discovered that the youngsters of the clan were engaging in this risky challenge, and they were shocked. When Frostpetal woke up in the healer’s den, she heard a strange voice in the corner.
She didn’t want to move at first, but she was curious. She slowly crept toward the corner of the room, where she spotted a wiry, dusty fae curled up staring at her. Frostpetal was in utter shock - the fae looked exactly like her. The unusual look-alike beckoned her to follow him, and the two ducked under a gap to a bare section of the woods. The stranger introduced them as Snowpetal, and that he had arrived to help her, under a mysterious prophecy. He told him that he needed her help to find a runestone to accelerate his shadow abilities. She agreed, wanting to be a helpful dragon. But her injured leg was slowing her as she crawled through the twisted branches. Snowpetal helped her, using his tiny body to carry her with great effort. Soon they reached a clearing that was far away from the camp.
The two began to have a conversation and eventually formed a bond. Every day, Frostpetal escaped her dull hours in the hospital to visit Snowpetal and discuss things with him. However, the doctor Alioth was concerned that he could not find her anywhere. Frostpetal lied that she was helping her brother Whiteout with studying. She felt terrible when Alioth believed her, but she knew that helping Snowpetal was important. A few days later, upon visiting Snowpetal had found the runestone and wanted her to see him test out his upgraded abilities. She was curious to find out what it did to him, and he reached out, shadows pouring out of his wrists. She was amazed for a moment but cried out sharply in pain. The flowing shadows wrapped around her maimed leg, infecting it with darkness. She began screaming, but Snowpetal closed her mouth. Hours of agony became days as Snowpetal left Frostpetal to suffer on the dead earth. Frostpetal tried to sleep but her dazed eyes wouldn’t close. Was she dead?
A few days later, Snowpetal urgently carried Frostpetal and took her back to the camp. The shadows faded, leaving her leg unusually clean. Frostpetal landed on the ground clumsily and was unable to lift herself up. Her father, Whiteout was shocked to learn about this, and inspected her legs. They were perfectly normal, but upon command she was unable to move them. Frostpetal was crippled for life, the elemental injury was beyond repair. Frostpetal watched mournfully as her siblings frolicked with their magic, and knowing she would both never be able to walk again and use magic. Shocking news spread through the clan like a forest fire. Somebody had stolen one of Pulsar’s elemental runestones, and they were considered extremely rare and sacred.
The next few moments were a blur for frostpetal as she had taken some herbs for her to sleep as the healers inspected her for any signs of contuse, but when she woke up she was bombarded with the faces of furious clanmates screaming at her. She thought it was a hallucination, but realized it was happening as Byeol, the clan leader grabbed her and demanded an answer for the missing runestone. Frostpetal’s mind could not process what had happened quick enough and she dissolved into blurry gray darkness. She awoke half-drowning and screamed for help. Attempting to swim with her miniscule arms and stagnant legs, all hope was lost until a sudden torrential wave swept her into a pillar of crystal. She dropped into a gap through the crystal, feeling her frail wings tear against the jagged rock and crash into a hide of scales.

Please note this story is a huge WIP! It is being worked on!

Character designs

Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png
Look test! It’s Orion and Frostpetal escaping a waterway rat [img]https://i.imgur.com/lcyB6BB.png[/img]
Look test! It’s Orion and Frostpetal escaping a waterway rat

lcyB6BB.png
Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png