Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nox's Wrting dump
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ggbjrd9lce69ae9/arcanetop.png[/img][/center] [center]Welcome to my writing dump! My plan is to post stories that I write here to keep track of them. Since this is flight rising, most stories here revolve around my dragons. Though I plan on using this page for my general ocs and maybe fandom based writing! If you want to be pinged let me know! Feel free to comment polite things or constructive criticism! I am subbed! [/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gbitdarq80yxhw1/arcanemid.png[/img] [/center] [center][Size=5]Table of Contents [/size] [LIST] [*]Stop Asking Questions [*] Stop Asking Questions (Updated) [/LIST] [/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gbitdarq80yxhw1/arcanemid.png[/img] [/center] [center]Work title: Original thread: Prompt: Fandom: Main characters: Supporting characters: Mentioned characters: CW/TW: [/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gbitdarq80yxhw1/arcanemid.png[/img][/center] [center][pinglist=16951][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6wlpvlzjg2yhu20/arcanebottom.png[/img][/center] [center] All dividers used are made by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=30450&tab=dragon&did=2177898]osiem[/url][/center]
arcanetop.png
Welcome to my writing dump! My plan is to post stories that I write here to keep track of them. Since this is flight rising, most stories here revolve around my dragons. Though I plan on using this page for my general ocs and maybe fandom based writing! If you want to be pinged let me know! Feel free to comment polite things or constructive criticism!

I am subbed!

arcanemid.png
Table of Contents
  • Stop Asking Questions
  • Stop Asking Questions (Updated)

arcanemid.png
Work title:
Original thread:
Prompt:
Fandom:
Main characters:
Supporting characters:
Mentioned characters:
CW/TW:
arcanemid.png
arcanebottom.png

All dividers used are made by osiem

qi4vciN.pngjELaj9w.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Original thread:[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2979379/142#post_51382189] Tri weekly wiring prompts[/url] Fandom: Flight Rising (clan lore) Characters are linked when they show up! CW/TW:minor violence and vague mention of blood. If I miss anything let me know! [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gbitdarq80yxhw1/arcanemid.png[/img] [center][Size=5]"Stop asking questions," they hissed, "if you don't want to hear the answers."[/size] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6kg6r3b1h333p6k/arcanemidsmall.png[/img][/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/77687005]Tyler[/url] didn't really like how his night was going. After weeks of trying he was finally able to meet back up with his friend from The Atherton Academy, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73787332]Eudial[/url]. Not too long after meeting up, what was supposed to be a night at the local tavern shifted to an adventure. The magical kind. During their time at their academy the guardian had a concerning fascination with magic. Tyler had a fascination too, it was only natural growing up in a clan that was a mix of Aracane and Light in nature but the obelisk stuck with his plants and the simple alchemy recipes that were taught to him. He grew up hearing his mom and clan warn him of the risk of magic that wasn’t practiced enmasse. Eudial was numb to that advice going out of her way to learn sketchy spells and practices. Thankfully she was able to make it through alive without dragging Tyler into it until that night. The first sign of something wrong was when he was dragged to a dark part of Lanternlea Port. The lanterns were the pride of the city and there was a patorld dedicated to fixing any issues. if they were shattered it meant no one went by often enough to replace them. If anything went wrong it was just the two of them. Maybe only him depending on how loyal she was to the others. More alarmingly they weren’t alone. Two dragons peered at them from beyond a fire. One was a skydancer who had ringlets on her red tinged feathers and the other was a pink hued spiral with the darkest eyes he had ever seen on a dragon. Eudial walked up to them with a grin. On the skydancer’s shoulder was a little spot of light. When the light moved to her shoulder a fae made themself known. They whispered something to the skydancer who glared at him with distaste. Not many large dragons took fae or their orders seriously. Leaving two options; the skydancer was decent enough to give them a voice or he fought for it. With the latter it meant they had reasons to be feared. Tyler prayed that it was the former or because of them being a primal. He could feel the other’s eyes on his healer’s clothing. On his journey he debated taking the articles in question off but he had medicine on hand and rules were rules. In the end he would rather help a dragon if needed than blend into a group he didn’t even know. “This is your healer friend.” “Yes. This is Tyler.” “I’m[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74287705] Lyre[/url]. The sky dancer is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73980542]Bloodstone[/url], the spiral is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50998985]Fleischer[/url].” “Nice to meet you?” “Likewise. You’ll soon meet Andos, he’s always… late.” He turned up to Bloodstone whispering in her ear again. A book the color of blood and flame was pulled from her bag. Looking at the thing a cold feeling moved through his body. That book was magic, not the good kind. “How about we don’t mess with the cursed book.” Tyler chuckled, stepping away. “Tyler, you're not bailing this time.” “I told you many times I don’t really want to witness or know what goes on with these things. I don’t know about you guys but I don’t want to die or worse.” The group if they were ever found of him weren’t any more. “Can you stop? You’re being Ridiculous! ” “No I won’t! I’m not the one being ridiculous! You are! Do you even know what is tied to that book? Or how about what it wants? Better yet do yo-” His stream of questions ended rather abruptly. Bloodstone pinned him to the ground, the claws on her gloves digging into his snout. Lyre looked down at him, seeming dozens of feet above him. “Stop asking questions,” Lyre hissed, ”if you don’t want to know the answers.” Claws dug deeper into his snout. "Let him be. He has a good head.” A brown tundra glared at the duo until Bloodstone let go of him. "Andos you finally made it.” [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69431443]The tundra[/url] scoffed “just in time to witness you threaten someone. A healer nonetheless. Which, if I'm aware, is illegal.” Holding his bleeding snout Tyler nodded quickly. He didn’t bother informing them that as an apothecary the law didn’t care as much. “And you are?” “Tyler.” Andos helped him up making sure he was okay. Too scared to run away Tyler accepted his fate, he was going to watch a foolish group mess with powers beyond their control. As he listened to them read he wished he could’ve left a note for his mom, his co workers or his clan. To settle his fears he found a spot where he thought he could easily flee when things happened. Little did he know he was right. Things would go wrong that night and when they did he was going to fall.
Original thread: Tri weekly wiring prompts
Fandom: Flight Rising (clan lore)
Characters are linked when they show up!
CW/TW:minor violence and vague mention of blood. If I miss anything let me know!
arcanemid.png
"Stop asking questions," they hissed, "if you don't want to hear the answers."
arcanemidsmall.png
Tyler didn't really like how his night was going. After weeks of trying he was finally able to meet back up with his friend from The Atherton Academy, Eudial. Not too long after meeting up, what was supposed to be a night at the local tavern shifted to an adventure. The magical kind.

During their time at their academy the guardian had a concerning fascination with magic. Tyler had a fascination too, it was only natural growing up in a clan that was a mix of Aracane and Light in nature but the obelisk stuck with his plants and the simple alchemy recipes that were taught to him. He grew up hearing his mom and clan warn him of the risk of magic that wasn’t practiced enmasse. Eudial was numb to that advice going out of her way to learn sketchy spells and practices.

Thankfully she was able to make it through alive without dragging Tyler into it until that night.

The first sign of something wrong was when he was dragged to a dark part of Lanternlea Port. The lanterns were the pride of the city and there was a patorld dedicated to fixing any issues. if they were shattered it meant no one went by often enough to replace them. If anything went wrong it was just the two of them. Maybe only him depending on how loyal she was to the others.

More alarmingly they weren’t alone. Two dragons peered at them from beyond a fire. One was a skydancer who had ringlets on her red tinged feathers and the other was a pink hued spiral with the darkest eyes he had ever seen on a dragon.

Eudial walked up to them with a grin. On the skydancer’s shoulder was a little spot of light. When the light moved to her shoulder a fae made themself known. They whispered something to the skydancer who glared at him with distaste.

Not many large dragons took fae or their orders seriously. Leaving two options; the skydancer was decent enough to give them a voice or he fought for it. With the latter it meant they had reasons to be feared. Tyler prayed that it was the former or because of them being a primal.

He could feel the other’s eyes on his healer’s clothing. On his journey he debated taking the articles in question off but he had medicine on hand and rules were rules. In the end he would rather help a dragon if needed than blend into a group he didn’t even know.

“This is your healer friend.”

“Yes. This is Tyler.”

“I’m Lyre. The sky dancer is Bloodstone, the spiral is Fleischer.”

“Nice to meet you?”

“Likewise. You’ll soon meet Andos, he’s always… late.” He turned up to Bloodstone whispering in her ear again.

A book the color of blood and flame was pulled from her bag. Looking at the thing a cold feeling moved through his body. That book was magic, not the good kind.

“How about we don’t mess with the cursed book.” Tyler chuckled, stepping away.

“Tyler, you're not bailing this time.”

“I told you many times I don’t really want to witness or know what goes on with these things. I don’t know about you guys but I don’t want to die or worse.”

The group if they were ever found of him weren’t any more.

“Can you stop? You’re being Ridiculous! ”

“No I won’t! I’m not the one being ridiculous! You are! Do you even know what is tied to that book? Or how about what it wants? Better yet do yo-”

His stream of questions ended rather abruptly. Bloodstone pinned him to the ground, the claws on her gloves digging into his snout. Lyre looked down at him, seeming dozens of feet above him.

“Stop asking questions,” Lyre hissed, ”if you don’t want to know the answers.”

Claws dug deeper into his snout.

"Let him be. He has a good head.” A brown tundra glared at the duo until Bloodstone let go of him.

"Andos you finally made it.”

The tundra scoffed “just in time to witness you threaten someone. A healer nonetheless. Which, if I'm aware, is illegal.”

Holding his bleeding snout Tyler nodded quickly. He didn’t bother informing them that as an apothecary the law didn’t care as much.

“And you are?”

“Tyler.”

Andos helped him up making sure he was okay. Too scared to run away Tyler accepted his fate, he was going to watch a foolish group mess with powers beyond their control. As he listened to them read he wished he could’ve left a note for his mom, his co workers or his clan.

To settle his fears he found a spot where he thought he could easily flee when things happened. Little did he know he was right. Things would go wrong that night and when they did he was going to fall.
[center][Size=6]Story 2[/size] [/center] [center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gbitdarq80yxhw1/arcanemid.png[/img] Original thread: Tri weekly wiring prompts Fandom: Flight Rising (clan lore) CW/TW:minor violence and vague mention of blood. If I miss anything let me know! [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gbitdarq80yxhw1/arcanemid.png[/img] This is an edited/ slightly re written version of the previous story. In the time since writing my lore has shifted and Tyler has received a name change. I will keep the original up since it's posted to a thread [/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6kg6r3b1h333p6k/arcanemidsmall.png[/img] [Size=5]"Stop asking questions," they hissed, "if you don't want to hear the answers."[/size] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6kg6r3b1h333p6k/arcanemidsmall.png[/img][/center] Callisto didn't really like how his night was going. After weeks of trying he was finally able to meet back up with his friend from The Atherton Academy, Eudial. Not too long after meeting up, what was supposed to be a night at the local tavern shifted to an adventure. The magical kind. During their time at their academy the guardian had a concerning fascination with magic. Callisto had a fascination too, it was only natural growing up in a clan that was a mix of Aracane and Light in nature but the Obelisk stuck with his plants and the simple alchemy recipes that were taught to him. He grew up hearing his mom and clan warn him of the risk of magic that wasn’t practiced enmasse. Eudial was numb to that advice going out of her way to learn sketchy spells and practices. Thankfully she was able to make it through alive without dragging Callisto into it until that night. The first sign of something wrong was when he was dragged to a dark part of Lanternlea Port. The lanterns were the pride of the city and there was a patrols dedicated to fixing any issues. if they were shattered it meant no one went by often enough to replace them. If anything went wrong it was just the two of them. Maybe only him depending on how loyal she was to the others. More alarmingly they weren’t alone. Two dragons peered at them from beyond a fire. One was a skydancer who had ringlets on her red tinged feathers and the other was a pink hued spiral with the darkest eyes he had ever seen on a dragon. Eudial walked up to them with a grin. On the skydancer’s shoulder was a little spot of light. When the light moved to her shoulder a fae made themself known. They whispered something to the skydancer who glared at him with distaste. Not many large dragons took fae or their orders seriously. Leaving two options; the skydancer was decent enough to give them a voice or he fought for it. With the latter it meant they had reasons to be feared. Callisto prayed that it was the former or because of them being a primal. He could feel the other’s eyes on his healer’s clothing. On his journey he debated taking the articles in question off but he had medicine on hand and rules were rules. In the end he would rather help a dragon if needed than blend into a group he didn’t even know. “This is your healer friend.” “Yes. That is him.” “I’m Lyre. The sky dancer is Bloodstone, the spiral is Fleischer.” “Nice to meet you?” “Likewise. You’ll soon meet Andos, he’s always… late.” He turned up to Bloodstone whispering in her ear again. A book the color of blood and flame was pulled from her bag. Looking at the thing a cold feeling moved through his body. That book was magic, not the good kind. “How about we don’t mess with the cursed book.” Callisto chuckled, stepping away. “Callisto, you're not bailing this time.” “I told you many times I don’t really want to witness or know what goes on with these things. I don’t know about you guys but I don’t want to die or worse.” The group if they were ever found of him weren’t any more. “Can you stop? You’re being Ridiculous! ” “No I won’t! I’m not the one being ridiculous! You are! Do you even know what is tied to that book? Or how about what it wants? Better yet do yo-” His stream of questions ended rather abruptly. Bloodstone pinned him to the ground, the claws on her gloves digging into his snout. Lyre looked down at him, seeming dozens of feet above him. “Stop asking questions,” Lyre hissed, ”if you don’t want to know the answers.” Claws dug deeper into his snout. "Let him be. He has a good head.” A brown tundra glared at the duo until Bloodstone let go of him. "Andos you finally made it.” The tundra scoffed “just in time to witness you threaten someone. A healer nonetheless. Which, if I'm aware, is illegal.” Holding his bleeding snout Callisto nodded quickly. He didn’t bother informing them that as an apothecary the law didn’t care as much. “And you are?” “Callisto of the Wynfal Clan.” Andos helped him up making sure he was okay. For the rest of the night Callisto planned to stay closer to him. Too scared to run away Callisto accepted his fate, he was going to witness a foolish group mess with powers beyond their control. As he listened to them read he wished he could’ve left a note for his mom, his co workers or his clan. To settle his fears he found a spot where he thought he could easily flee when things happened. Little did he know he was right. Things would go wrong that night and when they did he was going to fall.
Story 2
arcanemid.png
Original thread: Tri weekly wiring prompts
Fandom: Flight Rising (clan lore)
CW/TW:minor violence and vague mention of blood. If I miss anything let me know!
arcanemid.png
This is an edited/ slightly re written version of the previous story. In the time since writing my lore has shifted and Tyler has received a name change. I will keep the original up since it's posted to a thread
arcanemidsmall.png

"Stop asking questions," they hissed, "if you don't want to hear the answers."

arcanemidsmall.png

Callisto didn't really like how his night was going. After weeks of trying he was finally able to meet back up with his friend from The Atherton Academy, Eudial. Not too long after meeting up, what was supposed to be a night at the local tavern shifted to an adventure. The magical kind.

During their time at their academy the guardian had a concerning fascination with magic. Callisto had a fascination too, it was only natural growing up in a clan that was a mix of Aracane and Light in nature but the Obelisk stuck with his plants and the simple alchemy recipes that were taught to him. He grew up hearing his mom and clan warn him of the risk of magic that wasn’t practiced enmasse. Eudial was numb to that advice going out of her way to learn sketchy spells and practices.

Thankfully she was able to make it through alive without dragging Callisto into it until that night.

The first sign of something wrong was when he was dragged to a dark part of Lanternlea Port. The lanterns were the pride of the city and there was a patrols dedicated to fixing any issues. if they were shattered it meant no one went by often enough to replace them. If anything went wrong it was just the two of them. Maybe only him depending on how loyal she was to the others.

More alarmingly they weren’t alone. Two dragons peered at them from beyond a fire. One was a skydancer who had ringlets on her red tinged feathers and the other was a pink hued spiral with the darkest eyes he had ever seen on a dragon.

Eudial walked up to them with a grin. On the skydancer’s shoulder was a little spot of light. When the light moved to her shoulder a fae made themself known. They whispered something to the skydancer who glared at him with distaste.

Not many large dragons took fae or their orders seriously. Leaving two options; the skydancer was decent enough to give them a voice or he fought for it. With the latter it meant they had reasons to be feared. Callisto prayed that it was the former or because of them being a primal.

He could feel the other’s eyes on his healer’s clothing. On his journey he debated taking the articles in question off but he had medicine on hand and rules were rules. In the end he would rather help a dragon if needed than blend into a group he didn’t even know.

“This is your healer friend.”

“Yes. That is him.”

“I’m Lyre. The sky dancer is Bloodstone, the spiral is Fleischer.”

“Nice to meet you?”

“Likewise. You’ll soon meet Andos, he’s always… late.” He turned up to Bloodstone whispering in her ear again.

A book the color of blood and flame was pulled from her bag. Looking at the thing a cold feeling moved through his body. That book was magic, not the good kind.

“How about we don’t mess with the cursed book.” Callisto chuckled, stepping away.

“Callisto, you're not bailing this time.”

“I told you many times I don’t really want to witness or know what goes on with these things. I don’t know about you guys but I don’t want to die or worse.”

The group if they were ever found of him weren’t any more.

“Can you stop? You’re being Ridiculous! ”

“No I won’t! I’m not the one being ridiculous! You are! Do you even know what is tied to that book? Or how about what it wants? Better yet do yo-”

His stream of questions ended rather abruptly. Bloodstone pinned him to the ground, the claws on her gloves digging into his snout. Lyre looked down at him, seeming dozens of feet above him.

“Stop asking questions,” Lyre hissed, ”if you don’t want to know the answers.”

Claws dug deeper into his snout.

"Let him be. He has a good head.” A brown tundra glared at the duo until Bloodstone let go of him.

"Andos you finally made it.”

The tundra scoffed “just in time to witness you threaten someone. A healer nonetheless. Which, if I'm aware, is illegal.”

Holding his bleeding snout Callisto nodded quickly. He didn’t bother informing them that as an apothecary the law didn’t care as much.

“And you are?”

“Callisto of the Wynfal Clan.”

Andos helped him up making sure he was okay. For the rest of the night Callisto planned to stay closer to him. Too scared to run away Callisto accepted his fate, he was going to witness a foolish group mess with powers beyond their control. As he listened to them read he wished he could’ve left a note for his mom, his co workers or his clan.

To settle his fears he found a spot where he thought he could easily flee when things happened. Little did he know he was right. Things would go wrong that night and when they did he was going to fall.