Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lair Lore WIP
First time doing something like this and actually trying to embrace writing a bit more so please excuse the mess that this is going to be until I have something more concrete! I do plan to move this to a whole thread of its own so feel free to comment if you wish, this is all a WIP and will be done in my own time. ------ [center][b]Welcome[/b] - ADDED TO MAIN THREAD This is found on the main lore page, just adding it here so I know what I have written. Still working on the main thread which can be found [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3081047#post_3081047]HERE[/url] "Those who heed to the light, perhaps a loved one... or yourself." Socorro eyes you with a hint of repulsion in his eyes. "How careless of me, may I ask how you made your way to The Sanctum?" He tilted his head, feigned worry in his expression. The Main Head made their way further into the giant dragon skeleton that you noticed from a distance before coming across the ones that lived in it. "Here in Sanctum Chasm, we are all very happy..." Socorro nodded as a few, much smaller dragons flew by to land on one of the giant ribs, The Body stared in odium as you made your way further, on the other side The Feet continued to stare at you as well, some in suspicion, others in disgust, and some - if you looked hard enough - with eyes that begged for help. Socorro hurried up as he continued, making you hurry along as well behind them. "Why don't you make yourself at home? We're having a feast to night, I'm sure you'll love it." Socorro smiled with a mocking, and yet sinister look written all over him. ------ [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73356158][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630754058818551808/917582671373299752/FL1.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [indent]"My word is law and charter, I am what you may even consider a Deity. Bow your head down before me, as I am god..." -Socorro[/indent] [/columns] ------ [center][b]Demagogue[/b] ADDED TO MAIN THREAD [size=2]Theme Inspo: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5bnE_MEWBs&ab_channel=MikeLazarev-Topic]Lazarev - Fragile[/url][/size] [/center] "We arise from the scraps, from The Body of the fallen and The Feet of the forgotten. Where those who once heed to the light had perished, we now quail to revere to The Head." The Body would chant while swarming a single kin, one of The Feet, of which would quiver as it approached The Head that looked down in odium. "Thou know my name as law and charter..." The Head's voice delivered with an echo, The Body landing with haste as it surrounded the single menace. The kin hunched down in attempt to plea and hope of salvation, unfortunately for the young menace, The Head did not recede. "Thou shall recognize punishment and damnation..." The Head roared, The Body ambushed and The Feet admired; a bountiful meal for the night had been served. "Do know... I relish a good funeral." ------ [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73356158][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630754058818551808/917582671373299752/FL1.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [indent]"Heed my word, as The Main Head I only speak the truth, and only the truth I will deliver. Thus shall hunch your head down, only to me." -Socorro[/indent] [/columns] [center][b]Devotion[/b] - ADDED TO MAIN THREAD [size=2] Theme Inspo: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdRVkj5EIjU&ab_channel=SoundtrackedUniverse]10 Cloverfield Lane - Michelle [/url] [/size] [/center] The Body feasted on the guts of the once known menace. With glee visible in their eyes, The Feet licked at the ground in attempt to get a taste for what once lived. Once done they lifted their gaze up to The Head in admiration. "The blood of..." The Left and Right Head spoke in unison "His bite will choke the world." The Body chanted "His gifts will perfect us." The Feet followed "He is undying, and He is incarnate." The colony added Socorro began speaking, "We are born of Old Blood, the blood of the ancients." Feigned sadness in The Head's voice "Our eyes are yet to open." "His reign will carry us into the absolute eternity." The colony revered to The Head. ------- [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73356158][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630754058818551808/917582671373299752/FL1.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [indent]"Heed my word as I now speak, shall on this very night, the evil within the hidden light, within this menace, shall be extinguished. May the old reign, the Old Blood you are desire; will be given anew at moon-high." -Socorro [/indent] [/columns] [center][b]Alacrity[/b] - ADDED TO MAIN THREAD [size=2]Theme Inspo: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoivAYusP_s&ab_channel=MoonAtetheDark-Topic]Messy Hearts - Moon Ate The Dark[/url][/size] [/center] "The Body filled with veneration, and The Feet with mere sentience standing below me. Thou desire what I, your deity- no... your god has to offer." The Colony lowered their heads. "Time of serenity, a quiet death is coming." A grumbling growl escaping from The Head's throat. "The power of the ancient, Old Blood, shall be parchment." Socorro slowly moved back to reveal an intricate pattern on the ground. The Body lifted their wings as they continued speaking, following His word, "A foretoken, Old blood, a crimson red omen will be written." The Feet, their heads almost touching the ground in reverence, spoke "Filled with sweet rampage that will end in a killing spree." The low grumbling growl became louder, The Head spoke up, "The passage will be decorated in crimson on this very night." Once finished, a single kin, one of The Feet came forward; laying flat on the intricate design without a sign of remorse. The single kin continued, "Of Old Blood, of the ancient blood, shall this be sung." Socorro opened his jaws "Secrets in blood lying within" immediately The Body surrounded the single kin. "This prelude to a nightmare, has begun." ------- [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73356158][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630754058818551808/917582671373299752/FL1.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [indent]"Thou know my voice as law and charter, a traitor, a savage blood has been found amongst our own. This menace will know punishment, only the savage blood will know damnation." -Socorro[/indent] [/columns] [center][b]Treachery[/b] - ADDED TO MAIN THREAD [/center] Once the sun had finally set and the moon had reached its highest point, the colony made its way to Sanctum. The Left and Right Head landing onto the ribs and higher viewpoints that looked down on The Feet, of which would land onto the ground with their heads hung low to revere to The Head. "Thou know my name as law and charter... All hail the Old Blood, the Old Blood of ancients." Socorro howled, "The time has come where those who heed the light must come forward. A light that needs extinguishing, impure blood that stands amongst us on this very night." Socorro frowned as he watched The Body fly down with an unknown and yet heavily wounded kin. The single kin looked up in fear and panic, "I... I'm pure of old blood. I swear I wasn't the one who-" the dragon stopped speaking as The Body screeched, silencing the wounded one. "Here in The Chasm, those born of Old Blood, the Old Blood of the ancients and giants alike will live on after chaos takes over..." Socorro's voice echoed, ignoring the dragon's plea. "On this very moon-high we'll show you damnation, an eternal punishment where you will only serve as fodder to the Old Blood." The wounded kin looked around at The Feet in sheer panic, a group from The Feet slowly creeped closer, drool escaping their maws in hunger. Socorro's gaze lowered as the small group of The Feet ran up the wounded kin to attack and consume. The Body quickly ambushed The Feet that were feasting upon the once living kin. "Fear the Old Blood..." ------- MORE TBA
First time doing something like this and actually trying to embrace writing a bit more so please excuse the mess that this is going to be until I have something more concrete!

I do plan to move this to a whole thread of its own so feel free to comment if you wish, this is all a WIP and will be done in my own time.

Welcome - ADDED TO MAIN THREAD
This is found on the main lore page, just adding it here so I know what I have written. Still working on the main thread which can be found HERE

"Those who heed to the light, perhaps a loved one... or yourself." Socorro eyes you with a hint of repulsion in his eyes. "How careless of me, may I ask how you made your way to The Sanctum?" He tilted his head, feigned worry in his expression.

The Main Head made their way further into the giant dragon skeleton that you noticed from a distance before coming across the ones that lived in it. "Here in Sanctum Chasm, we are all very happy..." Socorro nodded as a few, much smaller dragons flew by to land on one of the giant ribs, The Body stared in odium as you made your way further, on the other side The Feet continued to stare at you as well, some in suspicion, others in disgust, and some - if you looked hard enough - with eyes that begged for help. Socorro hurried up as he continued, making you hurry along as well behind them.

"Why don't you make yourself at home? We're having a feast to night, I'm sure you'll love it." Socorro smiled with a mocking, and yet sinister look written all over him.

FL1.png
"My word is law and charter, I am what you may even consider a Deity. Bow your head down before me, as I am god..." -Socorro

Demagogue ADDED TO MAIN THREAD

Theme Inspo: Lazarev - Fragile
"We arise from the scraps, from The Body of the fallen and The Feet of the forgotten. Where those who once heed to the light had perished, we now quail to revere to The Head." The Body would chant while swarming a single kin, one of The Feet, of which would quiver as it approached The Head that looked down in odium.

"Thou know my name as law and charter..." The Head's voice delivered with an echo, The Body landing with haste as it surrounded the single menace. The kin hunched down in attempt to plea and hope of salvation, unfortunately for the young menace, The Head did not recede. "Thou shall recognize punishment and damnation..." The Head roared, The Body ambushed and The Feet admired; a bountiful meal for the night had been served.

"Do know... I relish a good funeral."

FL1.png
"Heed my word, as The Main Head I only speak the truth, and only the truth I will deliver. Thus shall hunch your head down, only to me." -Socorro
Devotion - ADDED TO MAIN THREAD
Theme Inspo: 10 Cloverfield Lane - Michelle
The Body feasted on the guts of the once known menace. With glee visible in their eyes, The Feet licked at the ground in attempt to get a taste for what once lived. Once done they lifted their gaze up to The Head in admiration.

"The blood of..." The Left and Right Head spoke in unison
"His bite will choke the world." The Body chanted
"His gifts will perfect us." The Feet followed

"He is undying, and He is incarnate." The colony added

Socorro began speaking, "We are born of Old Blood, the blood of the ancients." Feigned sadness in The Head's voice "Our eyes are yet to open."

"His reign will carry us into the absolute eternity."
The colony revered to The Head.

FL1.png
"Heed my word as I now speak, shall on this very night, the evil within the hidden light, within this menace, shall be extinguished. May the old reign, the Old Blood you are desire; will be given anew at moon-high." -Socorro
Alacrity - ADDED TO MAIN THREAD
Theme Inspo: Messy Hearts - Moon Ate The Dark

"The Body filled with veneration, and The Feet with mere sentience standing below me. Thou desire what I, your deity- no... your god has to offer." The Colony lowered their heads.

"Time of serenity, a quiet death is coming." A grumbling growl escaping from The Head's throat. "The power of the ancient, Old Blood, shall be parchment." Socorro slowly moved back to reveal an intricate pattern on the ground.

The Body lifted their wings as they continued speaking, following His word, "A foretoken, Old blood, a crimson red omen will be written."

The Feet, their heads almost touching the ground in reverence, spoke "Filled with sweet rampage that will end in a killing spree."

The low grumbling growl became louder, The Head spoke up, "The passage will be decorated in crimson on this very night."

Once finished, a single kin, one of The Feet came forward; laying flat on the intricate design without a sign of remorse. The single kin continued, "Of Old Blood, of the ancient blood, shall this be sung."

Socorro opened his jaws "Secrets in blood lying within" immediately The Body surrounded the single kin.

"This prelude to a nightmare, has begun."

FL1.png
"Thou know my voice as law and charter, a traitor, a savage blood has been found amongst our own. This menace will know punishment, only the savage blood will know damnation." -Socorro
Treachery - ADDED TO MAIN THREAD

Once the sun had finally set and the moon had reached its highest point, the colony made its way to Sanctum. The Left and Right Head landing onto the ribs and higher viewpoints that looked down on The Feet, of which would land onto the ground with their heads hung low to revere to The Head.

"Thou know my name as law and charter... All hail the Old Blood, the Old Blood of ancients." Socorro howled, "The time has come where those who heed the light must come forward. A light that needs extinguishing, impure blood that stands amongst us on this very night." Socorro frowned as he watched The Body fly down with an unknown and yet heavily wounded kin.

The single kin looked up in fear and panic, "I... I'm pure of old blood. I swear I wasn't the one who-" the dragon stopped speaking as The Body screeched, silencing the wounded one.

"Here in The Chasm, those born of Old Blood, the Old Blood of the ancients and giants alike will live on after chaos takes over..." Socorro's voice echoed, ignoring the dragon's plea. "On this very moon-high we'll show you damnation, an eternal punishment where you will only serve as fodder to the Old Blood."

The wounded kin looked around at The Feet in sheer panic, a group from The Feet slowly creeped closer, drool escaping their maws in hunger.

Socorro's gaze lowered as the small group of The Feet ran up the wounded kin to attack and consume. The Body quickly ambushed The Feet that were feasting upon the once living kin.

"Fear the Old Blood..."

MORE TBA
To-do list/Notes for myself
- Main Theme- Khemmis - A Conversation with Death
- Cult's Community's background story, culture, daily life, etc
- More in detail with what each rank does
- Actually attempt to finish that signature of Socorro because I do not know how to make a freaking signature [500 wide x 100 px tall]
To-do list/Notes for myself
- Main Theme- Khemmis - A Conversation with Death
- Cult's Community's background story, culture, daily life, etc
- More in detail with what each rank does
- Actually attempt to finish that signature of Socorro because I do not know how to make a freaking signature [500 wide x 100 px tall]
CONCEPT ART/PROGRESS - This is literally just so I don't forget what I have even done for this project Update: Lair is now officially named "Sanctum Chasm" but referred throughout the story as "Sanctuary" or "The Chasm" while the outside is known as "The Roost" and the lair/group will be called "The Colony" ONLY when all dragon hierarchies are in the same place (also to stop saying every rank every single time cuz oof) Lair Exterior - Concept Idea [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/707453149648257047/915728198522765312/unknown.png[/img] Lair Exterior - Skull/Head Up Close [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/707453149648257047/915723322900246558/unknown.png[/img]
CONCEPT ART/PROGRESS
- This is literally just so I don't forget what I have even done for this project

Update: Lair is now officially named "Sanctum Chasm" but referred throughout the story as "Sanctuary" or "The Chasm" while the outside is known as "The Roost" and the lair/group will be called "The Colony" ONLY when all dragon hierarchies are in the same place (also to stop saying every rank every single time cuz oof)

Lair Exterior - Concept Idea
unknown.png

Lair Exterior - Skull/Head Up Close
unknown.png
[b]Lair Hierarchy[/b] - Version 1 (Subject to change) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/707453149648257047/916728974749601812/unknown.png[/img]
Lair Hierarchy - Version 1 (Subject to change)

unknown.png
I'm still trying to find an aesthetic or at least common pattern/area for my lair Markings with a * on them means they are high on my favs list Lionfish * (Primary) - in love with this marking but not sure yet Freckles (Second) - leaving this slot free so dragons have SOMETHING to set them apart Thylacine ** (Third) - make it a requirement? Ideas - more TBA [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=177&bodygene=25&breed=13&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=11&tertgene=11&winggene=23&wings=118&auth=6127fdcc1de564e7fb56fbffcf70e20e0ea67e06&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I'm still trying to find an aesthetic or at least common pattern/area for my lair
Markings with a * on them means they are high on my favs list

Lionfish * (Primary) - in love with this marking but not sure yet
Freckles (Second) - leaving this slot free so dragons have SOMETHING to set them apart
Thylacine ** (Third) - make it a requirement?

Ideas - more TBA
dragon?age=1&body=177&bodygene=25&breed=13&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=11&tertgene=11&winggene=23&wings=118&auth=6127fdcc1de564e7fb56fbffcf70e20e0ea67e06&dummyext=prev.png

-crawls out of nowhere-
its finally finished-sorta but its open for business AHHHHHHHHHHH

-PUSHES LINK OVER-
-crawls out of nowhere-
its finally finished-sorta but its open for business AHHHHHHHHHHH

-PUSHES LINK OVER-