Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Luminax Plushie and Free Sewing Pattern
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
@clockworkMoose I’ve been working on making this plushie for my daughter for her birthday. Joanne’s didn’t have brown and tan minky fabric, so I went with blue/grey. This was a great pattern and your instructions were excellent. I’ve gotten to the point where I need to stuff and then attach the heads. I generally know what I’m doing, but when I’m hand sewing I’m often winging it. I saw the pictures of when you’d pinned the heads on before sewing. Could you give me a description of how you handstitch this part? Or is there a link to another post where you are using the same technique on a different project? Thanks for the help [img]https://i.imgur.com/NaI2dpS.jpg[/img]
@clockworkMoose

I’ve been working on making this plushie for my daughter for her birthday. Joanne’s didn’t have brown and tan minky fabric, so I went with blue/grey. This was a great pattern and your instructions were excellent.

I’ve gotten to the point where I need to stuff and then attach the heads. I generally know what I’m doing, but when I’m hand sewing I’m often winging it. I saw the pictures of when you’d pinned the heads on before sewing.

Could you give me a description of how you handstitch this part? Or is there a link to another post where you are using the same technique on a different project?

Thanks for the help

NaI2dpS.jpg
I used a ladder stitch and went around each part 2 times, ensuring that the heads, and legs, were sealed, before I attached them.
I will see if I can post pictures later of my work
I used a ladder stitch and went around each part 2 times, ensuring that the heads, and legs, were sealed, before I attached them.
I will see if I can post pictures later of my work
you are a god!!

you are a god!!

pOC43Zp.png
@tdsfa, oops, sorry about that! My attempts to finish the pattern instructions were thwarted by real life deciding to be cruel. I'll find a picture or draw up some little diagrams after I get home today (~10hrs from this post time) but as noticula said, the heads are attached with a ladder stitch around the edges, matching the front and back seams together and pinning in place first.
@tdsfa, oops, sorry about that! My attempts to finish the pattern instructions were thwarted by real life deciding to be cruel. I'll find a picture or draw up some little diagrams after I get home today (~10hrs from this post time) but as noticula said, the heads are attached with a ladder stitch around the edges, matching the front and back seams together and pinning in place first.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
sorry just realized I don't know how to attach pictures
sorry just realized I don't know how to attach pictures
:-O

cool <3
:-O

cool <3
vGEXAMy.giflt7bkNH.pngE1FHNok.gifCshpg8J.gif
I need to make one some day very soon
I need to make one some day very soon
@clockworkMoose

Thank you for making this (and linking to it in other threads)! It is so cute. I will handily save this in my "to eventually accomplish" project list, because I barely know how to sew yet. Lol
@clockworkMoose

Thank you for making this (and linking to it in other threads)! It is so cute. I will handily save this in my "to eventually accomplish" project list, because I barely know how to sew yet. Lol
Dragons for sale: 17487.png Renting your nests: 745.png otakuderp13-1.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16