Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pair Lore-need naming help
So this is set up kind of like a subspecies, but it's really just for my Until Dawn breeding pair and the hatchlings they breed! I've had the basis for this lore in my head for so long, I just haven't had the time or energy to put into finalizing it. As well as actually giving a name to the dragons. I really struggle with names in general, so that's at the bottom. But anything in this lore that needs to be expanded on, or is confusing, or seems repetitive, please help me out and tell me! (I can handle constructive criticism just fine, don't worry) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46088289][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/460883/46088289_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Overview: __ appear at dusk, usually to lone travelers. They offer guidance, protection, or merely company and a listening ear to the dragons they appear to. They also appear to anyone who's lost; whether that's the physical sense or lost emotionally or spiritually. __ will use their skills and their knowledge to assist the dragons they encounter in any way they can. They will provide company and swap stories over a campfire, help a lost hatchling find their way home, keep watch over a weary traveler through the night, offer counsel to a woebegone dragon, or encourage an aimless dragon to discover where they want to be. Behavior: ___ do not lay claim to a territory. The areas they roam are transitional. And their range varies from dragon to dragon. May take up a normal Charge. Or they might choose travelers, hatchlings, merchants, or lost ones in general as a Charge. Of course, there is the potential a ___ may behave more like the mythical Will o' the Wisp, and lead a dragon astray or into danger. Though none of Prisma and Ariad's children have shown behavior of this nature. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/44569709][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/445698/44569709_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Characteristics: As ___ appear to be Guardians, they share many characteristics with "normal" Guardian dragons. Their glowing markings are the first to appear as the sun sets, and the last to fade when the journey is over and the sun rises. ___s can be of any Flight, though Fire, Arcane, and Shadow are the most common. Mostly nocturnal. When they walk they seem to not disturb the ground. Despite their size, you hear no footsteps. Social: No one knows where unallied ___ go during the day. Unallied referring to ___ who aren't a part of a clan or who don't live in close proximity to a normal dragon clan. Though many ___ reside on or close to clan's territories. For allied ___, they may be present during the day to participate in their clan duties. They may have a personal hoard or belongings and a den. Though their lifestyle differs from unallied ___ in this way, they retain most of their behaviors and all the drive to help others. __ do not start fights and will only resort to physical violence as the last option to protect others. Thus, in battle they are best suited to support roles. If some one or something tries to start a fight with a lone __, the ___ will usually flee. Proficiencies: ___s' proficiency with their element varies widely. Some are masters of magic, and others may only know small healing or divining spells. Navigation, all ___ can navigate by stars. May also be able to navigate by sensing magnetic fields. Seem to have premonition of the weather. Emotional intelligence and empathy. They are good judges of character and see through lies easily. Stealth. They study the native flora and fauna of the areas they travel. Out of respect for the land and creatures. As well as to provide for and protect the dragons they help. ----- Naming- I need help eliminating these names or just, any better ideas. The names I've come with so far that I kinda like Lamplighter Twilight Guide Dawnfinder Astralwalker Wispwalker Horizonfinder words I've been using to try and name them: compass, horizon, dawn, dusk, [u]guide[/u], beacon, east, divine, diviner, astral, shift, sky, star, firefly, will, wisp, shifter, [u]twilight[/u], walker, pathfinder, finder
So this is set up kind of like a subspecies, but it's really just for my Until Dawn breeding pair and the hatchlings they breed! I've had the basis for this lore in my head for so long, I just haven't had the time or energy to put into finalizing it. As well as actually giving a name to the dragons. I really struggle with names in general, so that's at the bottom. But anything in this lore that needs to be expanded on, or is confusing, or seems repetitive, please help me out and tell me! (I can handle constructive criticism just fine, don't worry)
46088289_350.png
Overview: __ appear at dusk, usually to lone travelers. They offer guidance, protection, or merely company and a listening ear to the dragons they appear to. They also appear to anyone who's lost; whether that's the physical sense or lost emotionally or spiritually. __ will use their skills and their knowledge to assist the dragons they encounter in any way they can. They will provide company and swap stories over a campfire, help a lost hatchling find their way home, keep watch over a weary traveler through the night, offer counsel to a woebegone dragon, or encourage an aimless dragon to discover where they want to be.

Behavior: ___ do not lay claim to a territory. The areas they roam are transitional. And their range varies from dragon to dragon.
May take up a normal Charge. Or they might choose travelers, hatchlings, merchants, or lost ones in general as a Charge.
Of course, there is the potential a ___ may behave more like the mythical Will o' the Wisp, and lead a dragon astray or into danger. Though none of Prisma and Ariad's children have shown behavior of this nature.

44569709_350.png
Characteristics: As ___ appear to be Guardians, they share many characteristics with "normal" Guardian dragons.
Their glowing markings are the first to appear as the sun sets, and the last to fade when the journey is over and the sun rises.
___s can be of any Flight, though Fire, Arcane, and Shadow are the most common.
Mostly nocturnal.
When they walk they seem to not disturb the ground. Despite their size, you hear no footsteps.

Social: No one knows where unallied ___ go during the day.
Unallied referring to ___ who aren't a part of a clan or who don't live in close proximity to a normal dragon clan. Though many ___ reside on or close to clan's territories.
For allied ___, they may be present during the day to participate in their clan duties. They may have a personal hoard or belongings and a den. Though their lifestyle differs from unallied ___ in this way, they retain most of their behaviors and all the drive to help others.
__ do not start fights and will only resort to physical violence as the last option to protect others. Thus, in battle they are best suited to support roles. If some one or something tries to start a fight with a lone __, the ___ will usually flee.

Proficiencies: ___s' proficiency with their element varies widely. Some are masters of magic, and others may only know small healing or divining spells.
Navigation, all ___ can navigate by stars. May also be able to navigate by sensing magnetic fields.
Seem to have premonition of the weather.
Emotional intelligence and empathy. They are good judges of character and see through lies easily.
Stealth.
They study the native flora and fauna of the areas they travel. Out of respect for the land and creatures. As well as to provide for and protect the dragons they help.
Naming-
I need help eliminating these names or just, any better ideas.
The names I've come with so far that I kinda like
Lamplighter
Twilight Guide
Dawnfinder
Astralwalker
Wispwalker
Horizonfinder

words I've been using to try and name them:
compass, horizon, dawn, dusk, guide, beacon, east, divine, diviner, astral, shift, sky, star, firefly, will, wisp, shifter, twilight, walker, pathfinder, finder
xvfpATG.pngGD7On40.pngjt3PpxV.pnga2IrBRp.png
@SilverChilver

Dawnfinder sounds awesome, and so does Wispwalker!

@SilverChilver

Dawnfinder sounds awesome, and so does Wispwalker!

- I go by he/him pronouns
- My timezone is FR+13
- I love writing, roleplaying and doing art!

FREE/PWYW ART SHOP
This is such a great concept! I really like the name Dawnfinder or Duskfinder!
This is such a great concept! I really like the name Dawnfinder or Duskfinder!
bRPrhwa.giftumblr_na90ypEFLf1sif4cro5_500.gif
I like Dawnfinder best as a name for them as well! The coloration is fantastic, and I like the pieces about leaving no trace where they go. Just a friendly shadow to keep a traveler company at dawn or dusk.

I like Dawnfinder best as a name for them as well! The coloration is fantastic, and I like the pieces about leaving no trace where they go. Just a friendly shadow to keep a traveler company at dawn or dusk.

@Soidisant @Auraelia @draconiform
Thank you all so much for your assistance and kind words! It looks like Dawnfinder is a fitting name! I think I'll be starting a small thread for them tomorrow!
@Soidisant @Auraelia @draconiform
Thank you all so much for your assistance and kind words! It looks like Dawnfinder is a fitting name! I think I'll be starting a small thread for them tomorrow!
xvfpATG.pngGD7On40.pngjt3PpxV.pnga2IrBRp.png