Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Reuniting the Sun and Moon [Lore Story]
1 2
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c30eglm2azyapri/watertop.png[/img] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=621744&skin=0&apparel=29244,1750,30054,26941,27492,26941,27492,33833&xt=dressing.png[/img] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEKRo3U9ff0&list=PL6JJuygHmF1gzTWbx2PZnt2T0GL6RqDLp&index=63&pbjreload=10][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/521923a5ba528b03f5fd38e1e0dcbac4/tumblr_ocwe9wPpoa1uqbnpto3_100.gif[/img][/url] [/center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] Arion leaned back against the back wall of his cell and sighed, "Hey guard, any chance I could get some reading material while you all are being so hospitable." The blue and green pearlcatcher standing outside the door to his cell barely turned his head to glare at Arion and growled, "Quiet prisoner, or you'll see [i]exactly[/i] how hospitable we can be to traitors." [i]'Traitors?'[/i] Arion thought with a shock as the blood drained from his face. How could they think he was a traitor? He hadn't done anything! He grabbed his right paw with his left one to keep from doodling on any other parts of the cell. He tried to keep calm but it was becoming difficult the longer he stayed inside this cage. He might be able to break out of the cell, if push came to shove, but he wasn't a trained fighter like most of the guards he'd seen when they had dragged him down here. Even if he got out he wouldn't be able to free himself from these dragon's clutches. If Aella was here things would be different but he was glad she wasn't. She'd fight these dragons and probably get killed in the process. [i]'She's never been good with authority,'[/i] He remembered with a smile. What had he done to deserve this exactly? All he asked for was an audience with the queen. Maybe it was a bold request from a total stranger (well, not a [i]total[/i] stranger— he was born in Rivereth originally) but in that case they could have just turned him down. Why make a show of shoving him in this dank— He heard voices and the sounds of swimming coming from the end of the cell block. The pearlcatcher guard in pristine alabaster filigree armor straightened and stood at attention. Arion's anticipation made his hair raise on end. If the guard was straightening himself up then whoever this was must be important. He sat up and curled his long tail around his legs in a gesture of complete passivity. As he did so, his heart started to race once more. The first dragon he saw come into view was a large and dark imperial with a black mane that was grown out to almost past his legs. It flowed around him like a veil of darkness and framed his face like a halo. Arion noticed a dark, spiked crown nearly hidden in the imperial's voluminous hair. He also a noticed an uncanny row of a eyes lining the imperial's neck and torso marking him as a rare multi-gazed dragon. Arion gulped deeply and reminded his brain that the smart thing was to keep his head (no matter how intimidating this dragon was.) He had to be the king. Why else would he be wearing that crown? The king's many eyes immediately spied him inside the cell and narrowed darkly. Arion remained silent even though his fear was steadily rising. The second dragon, a female, he didn't notice until he was able to tear his eyes away from the dark, brooding menace that was glaring dangers at him. Once he saw her though, the world and everything in it fell away completely. [i]Suddenly he was a child again, huddling up next to the wing of his mother who always radiated a warmth his father never had. His sister was curled up next to him with her minty green tail wrapped snugly around both of them. Her small, dark wings glowed brightly in the night with swirls of white and a full moon reflecting faintly off her scales. The rosy gold filigree that lined her neck glimmered in the dim light cast by the markings on her wings. He smiled happily to see her birth accent so clearly when it was usually all bundled up and hidden in the thick cloaks and wraps their parents made them wear constantly. He thought she was beautiful. "Now children," Their mother said softly as she reached around and nuzzled them both, "Your father and I will have to leave you for a short time but you'll be safe with some friends of ours." Arion frowned as Rose yawned, "But we want to stay with you." Their father, who had been keeping watch nearby, said solemnly, "You cannot." Arion looked from his father to his mother and asked worriedly, "Why?" Their mother gazed at him sadly, "You just can't, darling. It's not safe." Rose, realizing the severity of the conversation, was suddenly close to tears, "What happens if you come back and you can't find us?!" Their mother looked at their father before looking back at them both,"I'll tell you a secret. You both have extraordinary abilities. Rosy you can always tell when dragons aren't being truthful and Arion you can talk to your father in that special way you do. Well, as long as you two have each other then you will be able to use those two abilities to find us wherever we are. So, if we can't find you, then you find us." Weeks later, time had gone by and their parents never returned. The clan they were staying with decided to move on but they weren't leaving together. Some were heading off to the Fishspine Reef while others where heading further north down the edge of the Leviathan Trench. The two siblings screamed each other's names as they were separated between the two parties. Arion's group headed towards the warmer, shallower waters of the reefs while little Rose was carried off into deeper, danker waters of the deep. It was the last time they saw each other as hatchlings.[/i] "R-rosy?" Arion asked shakily, hardly daring to hope but unable to dissuade the visible proof floating in front him. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6ibsi0ojsdsg0pd/waterbottom.png[/img]
watertop.png
scry?sdid=621744&skin=0&apparel=29244,1750,30054,26941,27492,26941,27492,33833&xt=dressing.png
tumblr_ocwe9wPpoa1uqbnpto3_100.gif
watermid.png

Arion leaned back against the back wall of his cell and sighed, "Hey guard, any chance I could get some reading material while you all are being so hospitable."

The blue and green pearlcatcher standing outside the door to his cell barely turned his head to glare at Arion and growled, "Quiet prisoner, or you'll see exactly how hospitable we can be to traitors."

'Traitors?' Arion thought with a shock as the blood drained from his face. How could they think he was a traitor? He hadn't done anything! He grabbed his right paw with his left one to keep from doodling on any other parts of the cell. He tried to keep calm but it was becoming difficult the longer he stayed inside this cage. He might be able to break out of the cell, if push came to shove, but he wasn't a trained fighter like most of the guards he'd seen when they had dragged him down here. Even if he got out he wouldn't be able to free himself from these dragon's clutches. If Aella was here things would be different but he was glad she wasn't. She'd fight these dragons and probably get killed in the process. 'She's never been good with authority,' He remembered with a smile.

What had he done to deserve this exactly? All he asked for was an audience with the queen. Maybe it was a bold request from a total stranger (well, not a total stranger— he was born in Rivereth originally) but in that case they could have just turned him down. Why make a show of shoving him in this dank—

He heard voices and the sounds of swimming coming from the end of the cell block. The pearlcatcher guard in pristine alabaster filigree armor straightened and stood at attention. Arion's anticipation made his hair raise on end. If the guard was straightening himself up then whoever this was must be important. He sat up and curled his long tail around his legs in a gesture of complete passivity. As he did so, his heart started to race once more.

The first dragon he saw come into view was a large and dark imperial with a black mane that was grown out to almost past his legs. It flowed around him like a veil of darkness and framed his face like a halo. Arion noticed a dark, spiked crown nearly hidden in the imperial's voluminous hair. He also a noticed an uncanny row of a eyes lining the imperial's neck and torso marking him as a rare multi-gazed dragon.

Arion gulped deeply and reminded his brain that the smart thing was to keep his head (no matter how intimidating this dragon was.) He had to be the king. Why else would he be wearing that crown? The king's many eyes immediately spied him inside the cell and narrowed darkly. Arion remained silent even though his fear was steadily rising.

The second dragon, a female, he didn't notice until he was able to tear his eyes away from the dark, brooding menace that was glaring dangers at him. Once he saw her though, the world and everything in it fell away completely.

Suddenly he was a child again, huddling up next to the wing of his mother who always radiated a warmth his father never had. His sister was curled up next to him with her minty green tail wrapped snugly around both of them. Her small, dark wings glowed brightly in the night with swirls of white and a full moon reflecting faintly off her scales. The rosy gold filigree that lined her neck glimmered in the dim light cast by the markings on her wings. He smiled happily to see her birth accent so clearly when it was usually all bundled up and hidden in the thick cloaks and wraps their parents made them wear constantly. He thought she was beautiful.

"Now children," Their mother said softly as she reached around and nuzzled them both, "Your father and I will have to leave you for a short time but you'll be safe with some friends of ours."

Arion frowned as Rose yawned, "But we want to stay with you."

Their father, who had been keeping watch nearby, said solemnly, "You cannot."

Arion looked from his father to his mother and asked worriedly, "Why?"

Their mother gazed at him sadly, "You just can't, darling. It's not safe."

Rose, realizing the severity of the conversation, was suddenly close to tears, "What happens if you come back and you can't find us?!"

Their mother looked at their father before looking back at them both,"I'll tell you a secret. You both have extraordinary abilities. Rosy you can always tell when dragons aren't being truthful and Arion you can talk to your father in that special way you do. Well, as long as you two have each other then you will be able to use those two abilities to find us wherever we are. So, if we can't find you, then you find us."

Weeks later, time had gone by and their parents never returned. The clan they were staying with decided to move on but they weren't leaving together. Some were heading off to the Fishspine Reef while others where heading further north down the edge of the Leviathan Trench. The two siblings screamed each other's names as they were separated between the two parties. Arion's group headed towards the warmer, shallower waters of the reefs while little Rose was carried off into deeper, danker waters of the deep. It was the last time they saw each other as hatchlings.

"R-rosy?" Arion asked shakily, hardly daring to hope but unable to dissuade the visible proof floating in front him.

waterbottom.png
XriSV9h.gif
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c30eglm2azyapri/watertop.png[/img] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=619975&skin=17300&apparel=1752,32993,32994,32997,32995,32996,32998&xt=dressing.png[/img] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCuO2TBRt0&list=PL6JJuygHmF1gzTWbx2PZnt2T0GL6RqDLp&index=37][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/6982d8bd0271cadb1489495d7b0f8774/tumblr_ocwe9wPpoa1uqbnpto1_100.gif[/img][/url] [/center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] "So this dragon seemed to have no idea about the attempted assassination?" Rose asked the Captain as they made their way down through the palace's many stone and coral carved floors. Dathan swam silently beside her with a dark expression but didn't interrupt the conversation. She understood what was troubling him but she also knew that it was something he would have to get over on his own. For the majority of their relationship, it had been Dathan who was usually in the position to help Rose and it was true that he had given her more than she could ever repay. He'd been a companion to her during the darkest years of her spurious marriage to Balthazar. He'd been a true friend when she was alone in a city filled with enemies. He'd given her the daughters she'd always wanted when Balthazar refused her and had been more a father to them then Balthazar ever would have been. Now that Rose no longer needed to hide her abilities or her heritage she could be very helpful to Dathan and Rivereth. She knew her husband didn't want to be overly controlling and she knew his concerns were coming from a place of love but she was determined to fulfill her role as Queen of Rivereth. "Apparently not, although we are unsure if his ignorance is genuine," Captain Ariston replied automatically. Rose frowned, "We shall soon see, I suppose." As they entered the deeper levels of the palace the floors morphed from decadently decorated corridors into more utilitarianism offices and cells. Finally, they arrived at the cell block used to hold dragons before questioning. They were nicer cells then the ones in the lower levels that were used to perform darker activities best left in Rivereth's past during the time of the Dark Kings. Dathan swam ahead and arrived at the cell first. Rose rolled her eyes and smirked mentally. He was purposefully making himself look menacing by letting his mane float about him like he was doing. It allowed him to open all his eyes at once which tended to have a sobering effect on those witnessing this display. Perhaps his reaction was warranted but it sounded like the dragon in the cell hadn't actually committed a crime yet so Rose thought it was overkill. "This is it," the Captain said as he and Rose arrived next. Rose turned to face the dragon in the cell and her world utterly stopped. [i]"No! Ari! I want to stay with my brother!" The hatchling Rose squirmed in the guardian's grasp. Furious tears filled her eyes as she reached desperately through the water towards the direction her brother had been taken. She heard his echoing pleas faintly in the distance but she could no longer see her brother. "Sorry kid but it's better this way. Your parents wanted us to protect you so that's what we're doing," The female guardian grumbled. "They wanted us to stay together!" Rose cried heart-brokenly. The guardian huffed, "Well they aren't around anymore so this is how things have to be." Little Rose could not be consoled or reasoned with. The only family she had left was suddenly just gone and now she was alone with no hope of ever finding her brother again. [/i] "R-rosy?" The tentative voice asked in disbelief. Rose blinked, unable to make her mind believe what her eyes were telling her. Then she unfroze and launched herself at the cell bars and reached in as the dragon inside did the same. "Ari? Is that you?" Rose sobbed as she stared into the light blue eyes of the sapphire and orange dragon. The dragon interlaced his fingers with hers and she saw tears in his eyes. The two siblings hardly noticed the bars separating them. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6ibsi0ojsdsg0pd/waterbottom.png[/img]
watertop.png
scry?sdid=619975&skin=17300&apparel=1752,32993,32994,32997,32995,32996,32998&xt=dressing.png
tumblr_ocwe9wPpoa1uqbnpto1_100.gif
watermid.png

"So this dragon seemed to have no idea about the attempted assassination?" Rose asked the Captain as they made their way down through the palace's many stone and coral carved floors. Dathan swam silently beside her with a dark expression but didn't interrupt the conversation. She understood what was troubling him but she also knew that it was something he would have to get over on his own.

For the majority of their relationship, it had been Dathan who was usually in the position to help Rose and it was true that he had given her more than she could ever repay. He'd been a companion to her during the darkest years of her spurious marriage to Balthazar. He'd been a true friend when she was alone in a city filled with enemies. He'd given her the daughters she'd always wanted when Balthazar refused her and had been more a father to them then Balthazar ever would have been.

Now that Rose no longer needed to hide her abilities or her heritage she could be very helpful to Dathan and Rivereth. She knew her husband didn't want to be overly controlling and she knew his concerns were coming from a place of love but she was determined to fulfill her role as Queen of Rivereth.

"Apparently not, although we are unsure if his ignorance is genuine," Captain Ariston replied automatically.

Rose frowned, "We shall soon see, I suppose."

As they entered the deeper levels of the palace the floors morphed from decadently decorated corridors into more utilitarianism offices and cells. Finally, they arrived at the cell block used to hold dragons before questioning. They were nicer cells then the ones in the lower levels that were used to perform darker activities best left in Rivereth's past during the time of the Dark Kings.

Dathan swam ahead and arrived at the cell first. Rose rolled her eyes and smirked mentally. He was purposefully making himself look menacing by letting his mane float about him like he was doing. It allowed him to open all his eyes at once which tended to have a sobering effect on those witnessing this display. Perhaps his reaction was warranted but it sounded like the dragon in the cell hadn't actually committed a crime yet so Rose thought it was overkill.

"This is it," the Captain said as he and Rose arrived next. Rose turned to face the dragon in the cell and her world utterly stopped.

"No! Ari! I want to stay with my brother!" The hatchling Rose squirmed in the guardian's grasp. Furious tears filled her eyes as she reached desperately through the water towards the direction her brother had been taken. She heard his echoing pleas faintly in the distance but she could no longer see her brother.

"Sorry kid but it's better this way. Your parents wanted us to protect you so that's what we're doing," The female guardian grumbled.

"They wanted us to stay together!" Rose cried heart-brokenly.

The guardian huffed, "Well they aren't around anymore so this is how things have to be."

Little Rose could not be consoled or reasoned with. The only family she had left was suddenly just gone and now she was alone with no hope of ever finding her brother again.

"R-rosy?" The tentative voice asked in disbelief.

Rose blinked, unable to make her mind believe what her eyes were telling her. Then she unfroze and launched herself at the cell bars and reached in as the dragon inside did the same.

"Ari? Is that you?" Rose sobbed as she stared into the light blue eyes of the sapphire and orange dragon. The dragon interlaced his fingers with hers and she saw tears in his eyes. The two siblings hardly noticed the bars separating them.

waterbottom.png
XriSV9h.gif
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c30eglm2azyapri/watertop.png[/img] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=601136&skin=8697&apparel=22819,26280&xt=dressing.png[/img] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js_2ysZclhE&list=PLYM4f8b_wZRhg7PXQv8cQ7G2SXRnBgl5d&index=33&t=0s][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/1855b743d08b64c9f62d1967b0feb160/tumblr_inline_ocwebkzK8I1tqyuge_100.gif[/img][/url][/center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] Dathan was stunned by his wife's actions towards the prisoner in the cage. Captain Ariston also seemed taken aback by Rose's sudden affection. Surprising the Duke was a difficult thing to do, even as children Ariston had been stalwart and somber just like his mother, Dathan's Aunt, Princess Indigo. The Captain shifted his feet uncertainly, "Your Highness...." "Rose," Dathan spoke at the same time as the Captain. Rose ignored them both as she cried with joy, "What are you do here Ari?" "What am [i]I[/i] doing here? What are [i]you[/i] doing here?!" Arion laughed incredulously, holding on tight to his sister's paw through the bars. Rose laughed sheepishly, "Well, I'm sort of the Queen of Rivereth." Arion eyes widened and his wings splayed out in shock, "W-what?! Wait...does that mean you're married to [i]him[/i]?" He glanced up at Dathan who wasn't scowling anymore but his expression was suspiciously bemused. Rose looked back to Dathan and saw his expression for the first time but she smiled softly, "It does." Dathan gazed at Rose searchingly, "Rose... who?" Rose's expression grew tender, "This is my brother Dathan." Dathan's frown deepened, "This is Arion?" Arion bit his lip at hearing his real name spoken by the King but he slowly stood up (patting Rose's paw as he let go to grab hold of the bars). He stared at the King and summoned his courage, "Your highness, my name is Arion Lunaris-Solari and I came back to this city because I heard your queen, Queen Luminosita, was a Solari. You see, I was hoping to get the help of the Solari family." Rose swiftly turned to stare at Arion, "A Solari...?" Arion looked at her knowingly, "I was hoping there was another Light of Truth wielder in the house of Solari." Rose's eyes grew sad, "You're looking for mom and dad, aren't you?" Arion nodded, "And you. I came here hoping to befriend a Solari under a false name and convince them to help me perform the Starmaping technique." "That's why you asked about Queen...Ex-Queen Luminosita," Rose said thoughtfully. He nodded, "I figured if I could gain the Queen's favor then I'd have a better chance of finding what I needed." Rose stood up taller and smiled, "You [i]have[/i] gained the Queen's favor. Captain, please release my brother." Dathan didn't move to stop Ariston but he did pull Rose to his side and asked quietly, "I know he's your brother but are you sure we can trust him? You haven't seen him in years." Rose thought about Dathan's words but shook her head, "I believe him. I just know he's telling the truth." "Is that because you used...?" "No, I just know Dathan," Rose then smiled at her husband and met her forehead with his, "You trust me, don't you?" Dathan smiled, leaning into her slightly, and whispered, "Always." As the Captain opened the cell door, Arion swam out and witnessed his sister's heartfelt affection towards the King. He's eyes were awed and he knew there would be days worth of questions, stories and catching up to do with her before the night was out. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6ibsi0ojsdsg0pd/waterbottom.png[/img]
watertop.png
scry?sdid=601136&skin=8697&apparel=22819,26280&xt=dressing.png
tumblr_inline_ocwebkzK8I1tqyuge_100.gif
watermid.png

Dathan was stunned by his wife's actions towards the prisoner in the cage. Captain Ariston also seemed taken aback by Rose's sudden affection. Surprising the Duke was a difficult thing to do, even as children Ariston had been stalwart and somber just like his mother, Dathan's Aunt, Princess Indigo.

The Captain shifted his feet uncertainly, "Your Highness...."

"Rose," Dathan spoke at the same time as the Captain.

Rose ignored them both as she cried with joy, "What are you do here Ari?"

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?!" Arion laughed incredulously, holding on tight to his sister's paw through the bars.

Rose laughed sheepishly, "Well, I'm sort of the Queen of Rivereth."

Arion eyes widened and his wings splayed out in shock, "W-what?! Wait...does that mean you're married to him?" He glanced up at Dathan who wasn't scowling anymore but his expression was suspiciously bemused.

Rose looked back to Dathan and saw his expression for the first time but she smiled softly, "It does."

Dathan gazed at Rose searchingly, "Rose... who?"

Rose's expression grew tender, "This is my brother Dathan."

Dathan's frown deepened, "This is Arion?"

Arion bit his lip at hearing his real name spoken by the King but he slowly stood up (patting Rose's paw as he let go to grab hold of the bars). He stared at the King and summoned his courage, "Your highness, my name is Arion Lunaris-Solari and I came back to this city because I heard your queen, Queen Luminosita, was a Solari. You see, I was hoping to get the help of the Solari family."

Rose swiftly turned to stare at Arion, "A Solari...?"

Arion looked at her knowingly, "I was hoping there was another Light of Truth wielder in the house of Solari."

Rose's eyes grew sad, "You're looking for mom and dad, aren't you?"

Arion nodded, "And you. I came here hoping to befriend a Solari under a false name and convince them to help me perform the Starmaping technique."

"That's why you asked about Queen...Ex-Queen Luminosita," Rose said thoughtfully.

He nodded, "I figured if I could gain the Queen's favor then I'd have a better chance of finding what I needed."

Rose stood up taller and smiled, "You have gained the Queen's favor. Captain, please release my brother."

Dathan didn't move to stop Ariston but he did pull Rose to his side and asked quietly, "I know he's your brother but are you sure we can trust him? You haven't seen him in years."

Rose thought about Dathan's words but shook her head, "I believe him. I just know he's telling the truth."

"Is that because you used...?"

"No, I just know Dathan," Rose then smiled at her husband and met her forehead with his, "You trust me, don't you?"

Dathan smiled, leaning into her slightly, and whispered, "Always."

As the Captain opened the cell door, Arion swam out and witnessed his sister's heartfelt affection towards the King. He's eyes were awed and he knew there would be days worth of questions, stories and catching up to do with her before the night was out.

waterbottom.png
XriSV9h.gif
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c30eglm2azyapri/watertop.png[/img] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=621744&skin=0&apparel=29244,1750,30054,26941,27492,26941,27492,33833&xt=dressing.png[/img] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEKRo3U9ff0&list=PL6JJuygHmF1gzTWbx2PZnt2T0GL6RqDLp&index=63&pbjreload=10][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/521923a5ba528b03f5fd38e1e0dcbac4/tumblr_ocwe9wPpoa1uqbnpto3_100.gif[/img][/url] [/center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lh460zuyxcuwcuq/watermid.png[/img] Arion sat in a rounded parlor room with seven grand windows lining the walls. He could see all of Rivereth and beyond from the height they were at. The dimming surface light lit the kingdom like an aquamarine jewel in the sunset. There was a long table in the center that was lined with different sized chairs that would fit breeds as large as imperials to as small as pearlcatchers. Subaqueous scrolls, octopus ink quills, and several complicated mapping tools made of brass and glass were scattered about across one end of the ornate table. Rose was sitting in a chair next Arion explaining everything that had happened to her since their separation. The King was standing nearby looking out at one of the large windows silently. He hadn't said much to Arion since they had returned from the holding cells. He had a feeling the King didn't fully trust him yet, despite his affirmations to his sister hours ago, but it was hard to tell with him. King Dathan's expressions always seemed clouded, distant, and unreachable. His sister's stories were incredible and he listened, amazed, to what the journey to her current status had been like. When she had been separated from him as a hatchling, the Miroir Clan had taken her back to Rivereth. This knowledge angered him greatly. It was true that the Miroir Clan had also not taken the safest precautions with him during his hatchlinghood either but Talinor, the Miroir's clan leader, had never brought him so close to his parents' enemies. Arion's parents had fled Rivereth with their two young hatchlings to escape the persecution from both the Solari and Lunaris houses and his poor sister had been brought back to the heart of the city where they dwelt by dragons who had promised to protect them. However, Rose continued and explained how she ran away from Lucindra, the guardian who headed the dragons that broke off from Talinor's group. She became a thief in the city using her Shadow Walking abilities to stay undetected until she stole from a dragon who recognized her for what she was, a runaway Lunaris. "Balthazar Marrowkeep is a very shallow dragon. He was a wealthy merchant's son who inherited his family's mild wealth when his parents died young. He always dressed and acted like an upperclass nobledragon. When he learned who I was, he gave me a proposition. I either marry him and he would keep my secret or don't and he would go to Lady Calypso," Rose continued. There were signs of past turmoil regarding her first mate etched into the queen's face but it was clear many of those wounds were healed now. However, the scars of that relationship would always remain with Rose. Arion noticed the King turn around once the subject of Balthazar came up. Dathan's anger and resentment towards Marrowkeep still had not subsided. "He only wanted me because of my beauty. He would take me to these parties where all his pseudo-nobledragon friends paraded around with their fancy baubles and flashy mates. As long as I played along, we had few problems between us," Rose's voice grew soft but then she shrugged with a halfhearted smile, "He wasn't a bad dragon in the beginning. He gave me a home, at least, but I would rarely see him most days unless it was time to go out and impress his friends. So I got a job in the palace to pass the time." She explained then how she and Dathan had met and how their relationship developed into a friendship that had lasted over twelve years until finally, after many complications involving Queen Luminosita's subderfuge and Marrowkeep's growing dissatisfaction with her, they ended up marrying each other. Arion chuckled, "You've certainly had quite a life, sis." Rose smirked and shrugged, "It's been complicated to say the least." Her brother laughed, "I still can't believe I'm an uncle!" His sister's smile softened, "I wish they were here so you could meet them." "Now that we've found each other, we'll have time for more more reunions in the future," He said quickly. "Alright, you've heard my story. Now I want to hear yours, " Rose said with an eager grin. [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6ibsi0ojsdsg0pd/waterbottom.png[/img]
watertop.png
scry?sdid=621744&skin=0&apparel=29244,1750,30054,26941,27492,26941,27492,33833&xt=dressing.png
tumblr_ocwe9wPpoa1uqbnpto3_100.gif
watermid.png

Arion sat in a rounded parlor room with seven grand windows lining the walls. He could see all of Rivereth and beyond from the height they were at. The dimming surface light lit the kingdom like an aquamarine jewel in the sunset. There was a long table in the center that was lined with different sized chairs that would fit breeds as large as imperials to as small as pearlcatchers. Subaqueous scrolls, octopus ink quills, and several complicated mapping tools made of brass and glass were scattered about across one end of the ornate table.

Rose was sitting in a chair next Arion explaining everything that had happened to her since their separation. The King was standing nearby looking out at one of the large windows silently. He hadn't said much to Arion since they had returned from the holding cells. He had a feeling the King didn't fully trust him yet, despite his affirmations to his sister hours ago, but it was hard to tell with him. King Dathan's expressions always seemed clouded, distant, and unreachable.

His sister's stories were incredible and he listened, amazed, to what the journey to her current status had been like. When she had been separated from him as a hatchling, the Miroir Clan had taken her back to Rivereth. This knowledge angered him greatly. It was true that the Miroir Clan had also not taken the safest precautions with him during his hatchlinghood either but Talinor, the Miroir's clan leader, had never brought him so close to his parents' enemies. Arion's parents had fled Rivereth with their two young hatchlings to escape the persecution from both the Solari and Lunaris houses and his poor sister had been brought back to the heart of the city where they dwelt by dragons who had promised to protect them.

However, Rose continued and explained how she ran away from Lucindra, the guardian who headed the dragons that broke off from Talinor's group. She became a thief in the city using her Shadow Walking abilities to stay undetected until she stole from a dragon who recognized her for what she was, a runaway Lunaris.

"Balthazar Marrowkeep is a very shallow dragon. He was a wealthy merchant's son who inherited his family's mild wealth when his parents died young. He always dressed and acted like an upperclass nobledragon. When he learned who I was, he gave me a proposition. I either marry him and he would keep my secret or don't and he would go to Lady Calypso," Rose continued. There were signs of past turmoil regarding her first mate etched into the queen's face but it was clear many of those wounds were healed now. However, the scars of that relationship would always remain with Rose.

Arion noticed the King turn around once the subject of Balthazar came up. Dathan's anger and resentment towards Marrowkeep still had not subsided.

"He only wanted me because of my beauty. He would take me to these parties where all his pseudo-nobledragon friends paraded around with their fancy baubles and flashy mates. As long as I played along, we had few problems between us," Rose's voice grew soft but then she shrugged with a halfhearted smile, "He wasn't a bad dragon in the beginning. He gave me a home, at least, but I would rarely see him most days unless it was time to go out and impress his friends. So I got a job in the palace to pass the time."

She explained then how she and Dathan had met and how their relationship developed into a friendship that had lasted over twelve years until finally, after many complications involving Queen Luminosita's subderfuge and Marrowkeep's growing dissatisfaction with her, they ended up marrying each other.

Arion chuckled, "You've certainly had quite a life, sis."

Rose smirked and shrugged, "It's been complicated to say the least."

Her brother laughed, "I still can't believe I'm an uncle!"

His sister's smile softened, "I wish they were here so you could meet them."

"Now that we've found each other, we'll have time for more more reunions in the future," He said quickly.

"Alright, you've heard my story. Now I want to hear yours, " Rose said with an eager grin.

waterbottom.png
XriSV9h.gif
1 2