Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The New Gods ~ A Pinkerlocke
1 2 3
[center]Day 3: [item= Spotted Grasshopper] [i]Particularly vibrant specimens are collected by fae dragons and pinned to the walls of their dens. Fae dragons are weird.[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ Our first battle day! Everything went great, and everyone got up to level 4, so next time we'll be heading to the Woodland Path.[/center]
Day 3:

Spotted Grasshopper

Particularly vibrant specimens are collected by fae dragons and pinned to the walls of their dens. Fae dragons are weird.

~~~~~~~~~~

Our first battle day! Everything went great, and everyone got up to level 4, so next time we'll be heading to the Woodland Path.
oaONRiZ.png Void | XmHV7tO.png | PobckJN.png | bYt72YT.png
[center]Day 4: [item=Berserker] [i]Grants +5 Strength, +3 Quickness, and +1 Agility[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ I think Pinkerton wants me dead lol. Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for us, we once again got tails! You're not gonna get us this time Pinkerton[/center]
Day 4:
Berserker

Grants +5 Strength, +3 Quickness, and +1 Agility

~~~~~~~~~~

I think Pinkerton wants me dead lol. Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for us, we once again got tails! You're not gonna get us this time Pinkerton
[center]Day 5: [item=Giant Feather] [i]One of the only feathers fit to grace the cap of a Guardian, Ridgeback, or Imperial dragon.[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ The group had been traveling together for a while, and while Arach and Kesthul wouldn’t really call Shyrza a friend, they were warming up to the Mirror. The trio had flown over from the Focal Point to the Starwood Strand., and this was their first real day among the mysterious and magical trees of the woods, as they had spent the night they had arrived on just on the edge of the land that was just outside the beautiful yet dangerous woods. At night, the Starwood was much more dangerous, alluring lights and glows often leading inexperienced dragons to their deaths, whether it be at the jaws of the creatures that called the woods their homes, or to the arcane influenced plants themselves. During the day though, the woods were much safer, as it was much less difficult to become lost in the tangle of lights everywhere of becoming hypnotized by some flora or fauna. The group had been walking for some time, when they came across the clearing. The trees surrounding it had reached out their branches enough to make a canopy that kept it somewhat hidden from above, but there was enough room for dragons to fly in and out of the clearing. It was a large clearing, mostly empty except for a few rocks scattered about. What really caught Arach’s attention however was the large tree just across the clearing from them. Unlike most of the trees in the Starwood, the tree’s trunk was thick, and a pale brown color. It was a shorter tree, though it’s many large branches reached up towards the canopy of the forest. It’s wood was adorned with many swirling patterns, almost like a dragon had carved them out, but they were distinctly natural, and would probably never be able to be recreated by dragon claws. It’s leaves were the same blue, purple, pink, and white colors as the rest of the Starwood, and Arach could distinctly make out the closed buds of the tree’s flowers, awaiting for the sun to set to bloom. “Here. We stay here.” Arach was surprised by the sound of his own voice, not even realizing he had been speaking. He didn’t disagree with what he said however. It just felt right to stay in this place. Shyrza, surprisingly, did not object to this, and merely set her bags down in the shade of one of the rocks. “I will go to gather wood to build a fire and shelter.” Was all she said before she disappeared into the Strand. Keshtul, meanwhile, shot Arach a confused look. “Why here, specifically? I mean, sure, it’s pretty nice and all, but it’s just kinda… Random. No offense, but your not exactly the type of person to do something random.” “I’m not really sure myself.” Arach said with a shrug. “I just got… a feeling.” Kesthul laughed softly at this. “Didn’t really think you to be the type to act on instinct or whatever, but I trust you.” Arach felt a bit of a confidence boost from his friends words. Kesthul put down his own bags near Shyrza’s, and Arach did the same. While they waited for the dragoness to return, Kesthul laid out on one of the rocks while Arach inspected the tree, though he didn’t really learn much about it. Eventually, Shyrza returned, carrying wood in every way she possibly could. She dropped it all down, and turned to look over at Arach, how was currently up in the branches of the tree. “You’re positive you feel something here?” “Uh, well, I’m not sure exactly how to describe, but it’s sorta like a mix of instinct and something inside of me telling me that this is were we should stay. I’m not really sure if that’s trustworthy.” Shyrza merely nodded, and began working with the wood and sticks, presumably building a shelter. Arach felt bad about letting Shyrza do all the work, but he didn’t really know how to help her. He looked over at Kesthul, but he had fallen asleep in the sunlight, and he didn’t want to disturb his friend, so he remained among the branches of the tree, crawling around it, hoping to learn something about it and why it was calling to him.[/center]
Day 5:

Giant Feather

One of the only feathers fit to grace the cap of a Guardian, Ridgeback, or Imperial dragon.

~~~~~~~~~~

The group had been traveling together for a while, and while Arach and Kesthul wouldn’t really call Shyrza a friend, they were warming up to the Mirror. The trio had flown over from the Focal Point to the Starwood Strand., and this was their first real day among the mysterious and magical trees of the woods, as they had spent the night they had arrived on just on the edge of the land that was just outside the beautiful yet dangerous woods. At night, the Starwood was much more dangerous, alluring lights and glows often leading inexperienced dragons to their deaths, whether it be at the jaws of the creatures that called the woods their homes, or to the arcane influenced plants themselves. During the day though, the woods were much safer, as it was much less difficult to become lost in the tangle of lights everywhere of becoming hypnotized by some flora or fauna.

The group had been walking for some time, when they came across the clearing. The trees surrounding it had reached out their branches enough to make a canopy that kept it somewhat hidden from above, but there was enough room for dragons to fly in and out of the clearing. It was a large clearing, mostly empty except for a few rocks scattered about. What really caught Arach’s attention however was the large tree just across the clearing from them. Unlike most of the trees in the Starwood, the tree’s trunk was thick, and a pale brown color. It was a shorter tree, though it’s many large branches reached up towards the canopy of the forest. It’s wood was adorned with many swirling patterns, almost like a dragon had carved them out, but they were distinctly natural, and would probably never be able to be recreated by dragon claws. It’s leaves were the same blue, purple, pink, and white colors as the rest of the Starwood, and Arach could distinctly make out the closed buds of the tree’s flowers, awaiting for the sun to set to bloom.

“Here. We stay here.” Arach was surprised by the sound of his own voice, not even realizing he had been speaking. He didn’t disagree with what he said however. It just felt right to stay in this place. Shyrza, surprisingly, did not object to this, and merely set her bags down in the shade of one of the rocks.

“I will go to gather wood to build a fire and shelter.” Was all she said before she disappeared into the Strand. Keshtul, meanwhile, shot Arach a confused look.

“Why here, specifically? I mean, sure, it’s pretty nice and all, but it’s just kinda… Random. No offense, but your not exactly the type of person to do something random.”

“I’m not really sure myself.” Arach said with a shrug. “I just got… a feeling.” Kesthul laughed softly at this.

“Didn’t really think you to be the type to act on instinct or whatever, but I trust you.” Arach felt a bit of a confidence boost from his friends words. Kesthul put down his own bags near Shyrza’s, and Arach did the same. While they waited for the dragoness to return, Kesthul laid out on one of the rocks while Arach inspected the tree, though he didn’t really learn much about it.

Eventually, Shyrza returned, carrying wood in every way she possibly could. She dropped it all down, and turned to look over at Arach, how was currently up in the branches of the tree.

“You’re positive you feel something here?”

“Uh, well, I’m not sure exactly how to describe, but it’s sorta like a mix of instinct and something inside of me telling me that this is were we should stay. I’m not really sure if that’s trustworthy.” Shyrza merely nodded, and began working with the wood and sticks, presumably building a shelter. Arach felt bad about letting Shyrza do all the work, but he didn’t really know how to help her. He looked over at Kesthul, but he had fallen asleep in the sunlight, and he didn’t want to disturb his friend, so he remained among the branches of the tree, crawling around it, hoping to learn something about it and why it was calling to him.
[center]Day 6: [item=Raven Woodguard] [i]A brace of wood and feathers for a woodland dragon.[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ The sun had long set, and the Starwood had bloomed, and along with the opening to the sky above their clearing, the brilliant glowing flowers of the Strand looked even more like the brilliant stars that shimmered and shined up above. Arach was safely asleep in the somewhat ramshackle shelter along with his familiar, Aaron, and Keshtul’s familiar, Bloom. Kesthul, who had spent a good chunk of the day sleeping, was not tired, and instead sat under the tree Arach was so interested in, looking up at the night sky, lost in his thoughts. At first, he didn’t even notice when Shyrza came up to sit next to him. “You couldn’t sleep either?” Kesthul said softly, wanting to do his best to preserve the beautiful silence that surrounded them. “No, I just wanted to see it.” Shyrza also kept her voice soft and low, something Kesthul hadn’t been sure was possible. When she spoke like this, she seemed more exposed, like her hard shell was falling away. “I’m guessing you’ve never seen the Strand at night?” Kesthul’s clan was from the Starwood, so he had seen it since he was born, but even being so familiar with it, he was still often entranced by its beauty. “Never. In the Scarred Wasteland, if something glows, it is deadly and will kill you if you eat it, touch it, or even sometimes get too close to it. Here, less so. You can get close to them, touch them, just look at them even. There wasn’t much time to just look at and appreciate things in the Wasteland.” Kesthul gently nodded, not truly understanding the struggle of being born in a place like the Scarred Wasteland, but still wanting to comfort her. “The Starwood Strand is still dangerous, but I don’t think compares to your home.” Shyrza laughed a bit at that. Kesthul was surprised by the sound, thinking that he would never hear Shyrza laugh. It was a beautiful sound, but somewhat rough, like she wasn’t us to doing it. “When we first left, I thought you would be nothing but deadweight. Sure, neither you nor Arach know anything about survival. Yet, this journey wouldn’t be the same without you.” Kesthul had known the Shyrza hadn’t liked him at first, and he hadn’t really liked her either, but those feelings had begun to fade, and they were fading a lot faster now. The two sat there in silence for a while, leaning against each other. Shyrza nestled up against Kesthul’s soft feathers, never having felt something like them before. The unlikely pair stayed together that night, underneath the tree. In the morning, Arach came out of the shelter, stretching and yawning along the way. He looked around for his two companions, and found them underneath the tree, curled up together as they slept, their chests rising and falling in unison. As Arach carefully kept closer, he saw something resting at the very base of the tree’s trunk, nestled in between it’s roots. Three arcane eggs, gently bobbing up and down. The nest was dug down between the roots, which acted at the rim of the shallow nest. Around the edge were a decent amount of small arcane stones and crystals, clearly attempting to replicate the more traditional Arcane nests. “Huh.” ~~~~~~~~~~ Originally, I was going to have Shyrza and Arach breed, since I thought Kesthul wasn't ready to breed. Turns out, he was. I wasn't really for Arach and Shyrza as a pair, and originally the eggs between them were just going to be an accident caused by Arach's magic, but I guess I don't need to do that anymore. I don't know what you guys think, but I like Kesthul and Shyrza as a pair. I think they're cute [emoji=familiar heart size=1][/center]
Day 6:

Raven Woodguard

A brace of wood and feathers for a woodland dragon.

~~~~~~~~~~

The sun had long set, and the Starwood had bloomed, and along with the opening to the sky above their clearing, the brilliant glowing flowers of the Strand looked even more like the brilliant stars that shimmered and shined up above.

Arach was safely asleep in the somewhat ramshackle shelter along with his familiar, Aaron, and Keshtul’s familiar, Bloom. Kesthul, who had spent a good chunk of the day sleeping, was not tired, and instead sat under the tree Arach was so interested in, looking up at the night sky, lost in his thoughts. At first, he didn’t even notice when Shyrza came up to sit next to him.

“You couldn’t sleep either?” Kesthul said softly, wanting to do his best to preserve the beautiful silence that surrounded them.

“No, I just wanted to see it.” Shyrza also kept her voice soft and low, something Kesthul hadn’t been sure was possible. When she spoke like this, she seemed more exposed, like her hard shell was falling away.

“I’m guessing you’ve never seen the Strand at night?” Kesthul’s clan was from the Starwood, so he had seen it since he was born, but even being so familiar with it, he was still often entranced by its beauty.

“Never. In the Scarred Wasteland, if something glows, it is deadly and will kill you if you eat it, touch it, or even sometimes get too close to it. Here, less so. You can get close to them, touch them, just look at them even. There wasn’t much time to just look at and appreciate things in the Wasteland.” Kesthul gently nodded, not truly understanding the struggle of being born in a place like the Scarred Wasteland, but still wanting to comfort her.

“The Starwood Strand is still dangerous, but I don’t think compares to your home.” Shyrza laughed a bit at that. Kesthul was surprised by the sound, thinking that he would never hear Shyrza laugh. It was a beautiful sound, but somewhat rough, like she wasn’t us to doing it.

“When we first left, I thought you would be nothing but deadweight. Sure, neither you nor Arach know anything about survival. Yet, this journey wouldn’t be the same without you.” Kesthul had known the Shyrza hadn’t liked him at first, and he hadn’t really liked her either, but those feelings had begun to fade, and they were fading a lot faster now.

The two sat there in silence for a while, leaning against each other. Shyrza nestled up against Kesthul’s soft feathers, never having felt something like them before. The unlikely pair stayed together that night, underneath the tree.

In the morning, Arach came out of the shelter, stretching and yawning along the way. He looked around for his two companions, and found them underneath the tree, curled up together as they slept, their chests rising and falling in unison. As Arach carefully kept closer, he saw something resting at the very base of the tree’s trunk, nestled in between it’s roots. Three arcane eggs, gently bobbing up and down. The nest was dug down between the roots, which acted at the rim of the shallow nest. Around the edge were a decent amount of small arcane stones and crystals, clearly attempting to replicate the more traditional Arcane nests.

“Huh.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Originally, I was going to have Shyrza and Arach breed, since I thought Kesthul wasn't ready to breed. Turns out, he was. I wasn't really for Arach and Shyrza as a pair, and originally the eggs between them were just going to be an accident caused by Arach's magic, but I guess I don't need to do that anymore. I don't know what you guys think, but I like Kesthul and Shyrza as a pair. I think they're cute
[center]Day 7: [item=Elk Ear] [i]Did you hear that? It's lunch.[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ More battling, yay. I put this off for most of the day, so I did it like, a minute before I'm posting this. Thank goodness for music, otherwise I don't know how I would make it through 40 battles, it's just kinda boring for me. Anway, the eggs have three more incubations, so four days until they hatch![/center]
Day 7:

Elk Ear

Did you hear that? It's lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~

More battling, yay. I put this off for most of the day, so I did it like, a minute before I'm posting this. Thank goodness for music, otherwise I don't know how I would make it through 40 battles, it's just kinda boring for me. Anway, the eggs have three more incubations, so four days until they hatch!
[center]Day 8 [item=Fluted Seashell] [i]A satchel full of cleaned-out shells makes a pleasing sound when jostled.[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ It had been a few days since Shyrza and Kesthul had their eggs, and Shyrza was very protective of them. For the first two days, she wouldn't let Arach even get close to them, though thankfully now she did, which allowed the Fae to not only investigate the tree, but also to help Kesthul watch the eggs when Shyrza occasionally left them to hunt. Shyrza had moved into the nest with the eggs, so, to keep her comfortable, Kesthul had gathered up moss, leaves, anything he could find that he thought would make it more comfortable. Arach found it somewhat fascinating to watch them, though he was feeling like a third wheel. The tree still refused to divulge any of its secrets, so Arach took up not only observing his friends, but the fauna of the area. He was surprised by everything he had missed by not paying attention. For one, he had learned that a flock of Talonok lived somewhere nearby, and that they often had someone observing the group, but they did not seem to be aggressive yet, and, potentially worrying, a small herd of centaur appeared to reside in the area, though they didn’t seem to have noticed the dragons, and if they had, they didn’t seem to care about them. If Arach was back at school, he could have written several reports on all of the things he watched during the day and night, but unfortunately for him, he could only write down everything in his journal. Even with so much to watch, he wished the tree would tell him something, anything, about it. Perhaps he could try getting underneath the tree and seeing if that was where in kept it’s secrets? Sure, the logic wasn’t flawless, but Arach was beginning to run out of ideas. Still, he should probably wait for the eggs to hatch, he didn’t think Shyrza would like him messing around much with right next to her eggs. Arach sighed. He couldn’t talk to Shyrza, the two didn’t get along very well in the first place, though it was better then when they had first met, and she was quite distracted by the eggs. Kesthul, meanwhile, seemed to be constantly darting to a fro, gathering more stuff to keep Shyrza comfortable, running off to find supplies and poorly attempt to hunt, and work on making… something. From what it looked like, they were some sort of toys. Arach was surprised how quickly Kesthul was taking on fatherhood, but this entire situation was a surprise. He hoped those eggs hatched soon, perhaps then he would have someone to talk to. ~~~~~~~~~~ I feel like this isn't my best work, but what do you guys think? I'm really excited for these eggs, they'll definitely give me more to write about.[/center]
Day 8

Fluted Seashell

A satchel full of cleaned-out shells makes a pleasing sound when jostled.

~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few days since Shyrza and Kesthul had their eggs, and Shyrza was very protective of them. For the first two days, she wouldn't let Arach even get close to them, though thankfully now she did, which allowed the Fae to not only investigate the tree, but also to help Kesthul watch the eggs when Shyrza occasionally left them to hunt.

Shyrza had moved into the nest with the eggs, so, to keep her comfortable, Kesthul had gathered up moss, leaves, anything he could find that he thought would make it more comfortable. Arach found it somewhat fascinating to watch them, though he was feeling like a third wheel. The tree still refused to divulge any of its secrets, so Arach took up not only observing his friends, but the fauna of the area. He was surprised by everything he had missed by not paying attention. For one, he had learned that a flock of Talonok lived somewhere nearby, and that they often had someone observing the group, but they did not seem to be aggressive yet, and, potentially worrying, a small herd of centaur appeared to reside in the area, though they didn’t seem to have noticed the dragons, and if they had, they didn’t seem to care about them.

If Arach was back at school, he could have written several reports on all of the things he watched during the day and night, but unfortunately for him, he could only write down everything in his journal. Even with so much to watch, he wished the tree would tell him something, anything, about it. Perhaps he could try getting underneath the tree and seeing if that was where in kept it’s secrets? Sure, the logic wasn’t flawless, but Arach was beginning to run out of ideas. Still, he should probably wait for the eggs to hatch, he didn’t think Shyrza would like him messing around much with right next to her eggs. Arach sighed. He couldn’t talk to Shyrza, the two didn’t get along very well in the first place, though it was better then when they had first met, and she was quite distracted by the eggs. Kesthul, meanwhile, seemed to be constantly darting to a fro, gathering more stuff to keep Shyrza comfortable, running off to find supplies and poorly attempt to hunt, and work on making… something. From what it looked like, they were some sort of toys. Arach was surprised how quickly Kesthul was taking on fatherhood, but this entire situation was a surprise. He hoped those eggs hatched soon, perhaps then he would have someone to talk to.

~~~~~~~~~~

I feel like this isn't my best work, but what do you guys think? I'm really excited for these eggs, they'll definitely give me more to write about.
[center]Day 9: [item=Mangled Textile] [i]It looks like something's been chewing on it.[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ Kesthul had gone out together today, Arach wanting a chance to finally really talk to his friend. The two wandered through the first, looking for anything or interest or use, a awkward silence hanging between them. "So... You're going to be a father?" Arach finally asked. "Uh, yeah, I guess I am." Kesthul laughed awkwardly. "I never really thought it would happen, especially so early in my life. I'm glad it did though." "Are you sure you're ready for it. Kids are a big deal, and you could have as many as three on your hands." Arach watched as Kesthul visibly dropped, and a small smile formed on his face. "No, I'm not ready. How could I be ready? I'm barely an adult! I love Shyrza man, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't ready for this! Three kids..." Kesthul shifted from a calm sadness to breaking down hysteria, to somewhere between insane and broken. "Hey hey hey." Arach rushed over to his friend, how had collapsed to the forest floor in a laughing, crying, heaving mess. "It'll be alright. Shyrza will be there to help you. [b]I[/b] will be there to help you." Arach held his Kesthul's face up, though only barely, so he could look him in the eyes. "I'll always be here for you, I promise." Kesthul sniffed, trying to wipe away his tears. "I-I know, but all of this... It's so much. Just over a week ago, we were at school, going to classes... Now look at where we are! In the middle of the woods with no way to really survive besides Shyrza! And for what? What are we even doing out here?" Arach didn't know what to do. Kesthul was definitely not wrong and it was probably fair for him to breaking down. "I... I don't know okay, I don't know! All of this is insane! You're right, what are we even doing out here? If we have to find all of these other dragons, why are we just sitting around the woods and not going to other territories? Is no one even looking for us? We can't be that hard to find! Do they even know we're gone? Why didn't we try to fight back against Shyrza when she first came? Why didn't we try and get help? Why don't we just leave now?" Arach was going to say something comforting, try to help Kesthul calm down, but it was all just to much, and he imploded as well, letting it all out, everything that had been building up this entire time. The two sat there, in the middle of nowhere in the woods for a while, chests heaving, breathing heavy, trying to calm down. They didn't know how long it was, but eventually their tears dried, and their heart rates went back down to normal. It wasn't all gone, it probably wouldn't ever leave, but they had cleared most of it out. For the moment, everything would be okay. ~~~~~~~~~~ At first I had no clue what I was going to right today. I was originally going to do something about torn and broken items mysteriously floating up stream, but I like this so much better. What do you guys think? Also, if you want to be pinged for daily updates, feel free to ask me here![/center]
Day 9:

Mangled Textile

It looks like something's been chewing on it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kesthul had gone out together today, Arach wanting a chance to finally really talk to his friend. The two wandered through the first, looking for anything or interest or use, a awkward silence hanging between them.

"So... You're going to be a father?" Arach finally asked.

"Uh, yeah, I guess I am." Kesthul laughed awkwardly. "I never really thought it would happen, especially so early in my life. I'm glad it did though."

"Are you sure you're ready for it. Kids are a big deal, and you could have as many as three on your hands." Arach watched as Kesthul visibly dropped, and a small smile formed on his face.

"No, I'm not ready. How could I be ready? I'm barely an adult! I love Shyrza man, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't ready for this! Three kids..." Kesthul shifted from a calm sadness to breaking down hysteria, to somewhere between insane and broken.

"Hey hey hey." Arach rushed over to his friend, how had collapsed to the forest floor in a laughing, crying, heaving mess. "It'll be alright. Shyrza will be there to help you. I will be there to help you." Arach held his Kesthul's face up, though only barely, so he could look him in the eyes. "I'll always be here for you, I promise." Kesthul sniffed, trying to wipe away his tears.

"I-I know, but all of this... It's so much. Just over a week ago, we were at school, going to classes... Now look at where we are! In the middle of the woods with no way to really survive besides Shyrza! And for what? What are we even doing out here?" Arach didn't know what to do. Kesthul was definitely not wrong and it was probably fair for him to breaking down.

"I... I don't know okay, I don't know! All of this is insane! You're right, what are we even doing out here? If we have to find all of these other dragons, why are we just sitting around the woods and not going to other territories? Is no one even looking for us? We can't be that hard to find! Do they even know we're gone? Why didn't we try to fight back against Shyrza when she first came? Why didn't we try and get help? Why don't we just leave now?" Arach was going to say something comforting, try to help Kesthul calm down, but it was all just to much, and he imploded as well, letting it all out, everything that had been building up this entire time.

The two sat there, in the middle of nowhere in the woods for a while, chests heaving, breathing heavy, trying to calm down. They didn't know how long it was, but eventually their tears dried, and their heart rates went back down to normal. It wasn't all gone, it probably wouldn't ever leave, but they had cleared most of it out. For the moment, everything would be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~

At first I had no clue what I was going to right today. I was originally going to do something about torn and broken items mysteriously floating up stream, but I like this so much better. What do you guys think? Also, if you want to be pinged for daily updates, feel free to ask me here!
[center]Day 10: [item=Noggle] [i]Rumored to live in the sewers below the hewn city, noggles are said to grown to astonishing sizes. Dragons beware.[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ The sun hung high above the groups heads as they lunged around the clearing, not doing anything in particularly. Suddenly, they heard something come from the bushes surrounding the clearing, and before they could even get up, a hatchling burst from said bushes, followed by a Talonok. Shyrza stood up, aggressively standing in front of her eggs, growling, wanting to help fight off the Talonok, but not wanting to leave her eggs unguarded. Kesthul lurched up, rushing towards the hatchling, who was crouching in the shadow of one of the rocks as the Talonok approached her. He stood protectively over the child as Arach tackled the beast, both rolling over the grass towards the edge of the clearing. The Talonok clawed at Arach, but he didn't do much before the Fae fluttered out of his reach. AS the Talonok got itself, he began to pull magic into his claws, only know realizing how long it had been since he used his magic, and that he hadn't used it since his 'rebirth' thing. As the Talonok went to snap at Arach with his beak, the magic burst from his claws, more powerful then it had ever been before, knocking the Talonok halfway into the bushes. Letting out one more screech at the group, it darted off into the forest, dropping one of the many sacks it was carrying. Now that everything had calmed, Kesthul was actually able to get a good look at the hatchling he was standing over. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54257343] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/542574/54257343_350.png[/img] [/url] She was older, but still a hatchling, and despite everything, she didn't look scared, more aggressive than anything, and pleased at the sight of the Talonok fleeing. Once he was gone, she finally looked up at Kesthul. "Hello sir. Thank you for your help in telling with him." Even for an older hatchling, she was quite well spoken. "Oh, uh, no problem. Why was he chasing you, if I may ask." "He had taken me from my birth clan, and was planning on selling me to another, unassuming clan or something." The hatchling stated like it was no big deal, slipping out from under Kesthul. "He also took my fami-" She stopped, her face contorting to mild panic as she wiped around towards were the Talonok had fled, and let out a sigh of relief as she saw the sack. She calmly approached the bag, which was wiggling around, clearing holding something living inside of it. Before anyone could stop her, she undid the rope holding it closed, and out stumbled a Noggle, clearly young based on it's small size. The young Skydancer softly smiled at the Noggle, before looking back up at the confused dragons in the clearing. "Ah, allow me to introduce myself. I am Cremegem of the Wastelanders, and future Wasteland Valkyrie. I hope you don't mind if I stay with you all until my clan finds me, do you?" ~~~~~~~~~~ Say hello to our newest member of our little group, Cremegem. Her backstory will come into the future, and will be based off of the lore of her wonderful breeder, Irrwahn! A huge thank you to them for allowing me to use their lore in the backstory of our new dragon.[/center]
Day 10:

Noggle

Rumored to live in the sewers below the hewn city, noggles are said to grown to astonishing sizes. Dragons beware.

~~~~~~~~~~

The sun hung high above the groups heads as they lunged around the clearing, not doing anything in particularly. Suddenly, they heard something come from the bushes surrounding the clearing, and before they could even get up, a hatchling burst from said bushes, followed by a Talonok.

Shyrza stood up, aggressively standing in front of her eggs, growling, wanting to help fight off the Talonok, but not wanting to leave her eggs unguarded. Kesthul lurched up, rushing towards the hatchling, who was crouching in the shadow of one of the rocks as the Talonok approached her. He stood protectively over the child as Arach tackled the beast, both rolling over the grass towards the edge of the clearing.

The Talonok clawed at Arach, but he didn't do much before the Fae fluttered out of his reach. AS the Talonok got itself, he began to pull magic into his claws, only know realizing how long it had been since he used his magic, and that he hadn't used it since his 'rebirth' thing. As the Talonok went to snap at Arach with his beak, the magic burst from his claws, more powerful then it had ever been before, knocking the Talonok halfway into the bushes. Letting out one more screech at the group, it darted off into the forest, dropping one of the many sacks it was carrying.

Now that everything had calmed, Kesthul was actually able to get a good look at the hatchling he was standing over.

54257343_350.png

She was older, but still a hatchling, and despite everything, she didn't look scared, more aggressive than anything, and pleased at the sight of the Talonok fleeing. Once he was gone, she finally looked up at Kesthul.

"Hello sir. Thank you for your help in telling with him." Even for an older hatchling, she was quite well spoken.

"Oh, uh, no problem. Why was he chasing you, if I may ask."

"He had taken me from my birth clan, and was planning on selling me to another, unassuming clan or something." The hatchling stated like it was no big deal, slipping out from under Kesthul. "He also took my fami-" She stopped, her face contorting to mild panic as she wiped around towards were the Talonok had fled, and let out a sigh of relief as she saw the sack. She calmly approached the bag, which was wiggling around, clearing holding something living inside of it. Before anyone could stop her, she undid the rope holding it closed, and out stumbled a Noggle, clearly young based on it's small size. The young Skydancer softly smiled at the Noggle, before looking back up at the confused dragons in the clearing.

"Ah, allow me to introduce myself. I am Cremegem of the Wastelanders, and future Wasteland Valkyrie. I hope you don't mind if I stay with you all until my clan finds me, do you?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Say hello to our newest member of our little group, Cremegem. Her backstory will come into the future, and will be based off of the lore of her wonderful breeder, Irrwahn! A huge thank you to them for allowing me to use their lore in the backstory of our new dragon.
[center]Day 11: [item=Berserker] [i]Grants +5 Strength, +3 Quickness, and +1 Agility[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ Dawn had only just begun to peak through the leaves of the trees when the eggs began to hatch. The three of them gently floated to the ground, the two pink rings around them vanishing upon touching the bottom of their nest. Shyrza woke to the sound of two of the eggs cracking, though the other one did not move, and when it's mother gently touched it, it was cold. As the first two hatchlings began to break out of their eggs, the other egg began to dull, losing its color and becoming a dull, slightly transparent color, a clear sign of a dead egg. Shyrza whispered a soft prayer to the gods to keep her lost child safe. Cremegem crept softly out of the safety of the shelter, her feet softly crunching against the grass as she approached Shyrza and her nest. She looked curiously at the gray egg, and went to poke it, but stopped, looking at Shyrza for permission. "Dead." The Mirror whispered to the Skydancer, who just nodded in sad understanding before turning to look at the two living eggs. The first one had just poked her pink head out, her eyes darting around, making sure the world beyond the safety of her little home was safe before pulling the rest of her body out. Her body was slimy, her small wings dropping under the weight of the egg's insides and the fragility of her freshly hatched body. She looked up at her mother, her pink eyes lighting up some, recognizing Shyrza as her mother. She cried at her mother for food, which brought out a rare smile from her mother. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54399729] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/543998/54399729_350.png[/img] [/url] The other hatchling, hearing her older sister already out and doing her best to talk, must have wanted to also join her sister outside her egg, and began tearing more vigorously at the shell. Before long, the tip of her little, beak like mouth poked out, quickly followed by the rest of her body. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54399731] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/543998/54399731_350.png[/img] [/url] She toddled her way over to sister, her small little legs shaking with effort. She just made it to her big sister before flopping over, right on top of the other one, causing her to squeak out in surprise. The two laid on top of each other, and quickly feel asleep, despite their precarious positions, like hatchlings often did. Shyrza looked over her children with happiness and pride, and Cremegem starred with awe and fascination, never before seeing a hatching with her own eyes. Carefully, Shyrza draped one of her wings of her children, the heat of her own body wrapping around their sleeping forms. She wasn't sure what it would feel like when her children finally hatched, and she still didn't really know what this feeling was the burned bright in her chest, but it was good. ~~~~~~~~~~ Pinkerton decided to try and throw a wretch into this happy day, but thankfully the battles went well, and we got to meet these two without any tragedy, besides the loss of their brother, who will be up for adoption to anyone who wants him. Also, name suggestions for the two wonderful girls would be much appreciated.[/center]
Day 11:

Berserker

Grants +5 Strength, +3 Quickness, and +1 Agility

~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn had only just begun to peak through the leaves of the trees when the eggs began to hatch. The three of them gently floated to the ground, the two pink rings around them vanishing upon touching the bottom of their nest. Shyrza woke to the sound of two of the eggs cracking, though the other one did not move, and when it's mother gently touched it, it was cold. As the first two hatchlings began to break out of their eggs, the other egg began to dull, losing its color and becoming a dull, slightly transparent color, a clear sign of a dead egg. Shyrza whispered a soft prayer to the gods to keep her lost child safe.

Cremegem crept softly out of the safety of the shelter, her feet softly crunching against the grass as she approached Shyrza and her nest. She looked curiously at the gray egg, and went to poke it, but stopped, looking at Shyrza for permission.

"Dead." The Mirror whispered to the Skydancer, who just nodded in sad understanding before turning to look at the two living eggs. The first one had just poked her pink head out, her eyes darting around, making sure the world beyond the safety of her little home was safe before pulling the rest of her body out. Her body was slimy, her small wings dropping under the weight of the egg's insides and the fragility of her freshly hatched body. She looked up at her mother, her pink eyes lighting up some, recognizing Shyrza as her mother. She cried at her mother for food, which brought out a rare smile from her mother.

54399729_350.png

The other hatchling, hearing her older sister already out and doing her best to talk, must have wanted to also join her sister outside her egg, and began tearing more vigorously at the shell. Before long, the tip of her little, beak like mouth poked out, quickly followed by the rest of her body.

54399731_350.png

She toddled her way over to sister, her small little legs shaking with effort. She just made it to her big sister before flopping over, right on top of the other one, causing her to squeak out in surprise. The two laid on top of each other, and quickly feel asleep, despite their precarious positions, like hatchlings often did.

Shyrza looked over her children with happiness and pride, and Cremegem starred with awe and fascination, never before seeing a hatching with her own eyes. Carefully, Shyrza draped one of her wings of her children, the heat of her own body wrapping around their sleeping forms. She wasn't sure what it would feel like when her children finally hatched, and she still didn't really know what this feeling was the burned bright in her chest, but it was good.

~~~~~~~~~~

Pinkerton decided to try and throw a wretch into this happy day, but thankfully the battles went well, and we got to meet these two without any tragedy, besides the loss of their brother, who will be up for adoption to anyone who wants him. Also, name suggestions for the two wonderful girls would be much appreciated.
[center]Day 12: [item=Firestarter] [i]These baubles spontaneously produce embers. Great for starting a campfire, great for burning your lair down.[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ Sorry, nothing for the moment. I just can't think of anything to right, and it's just kinda draining to write for an audience you can't even be sure is there. I might add something later on, who know. I don't want to drop this challenge for a third time, but it's just difficult. I named the kids Gliese and Nyx, in case anyone actually cared. The brother is still up for grabs for whoever wants him.[/center]
Day 12:

Firestarter

These baubles spontaneously produce embers. Great for starting a campfire, great for burning your lair down.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, nothing for the moment. I just can't think of anything to right, and it's just kinda draining to write for an audience you can't even be sure is there. I might add something later on, who know. I don't want to drop this challenge for a third time, but it's just difficult. I named the kids Gliese and Nyx, in case anyone actually cared. The brother is still up for grabs for whoever wants him.
1 2 3