Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Bealusiþ [Nuzlocke Story]
1 2 3 4 5 6
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Sr6pNdQ.jpg[/img] [center][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][/center] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51688727] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516888/51688727_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][b]VII[/b][/center] Bone kept a steady pace alongside his younger companion, searching the fog for obstacles, and keeping an eye on the other mirror, correcting him when he beat his wings too quickly, or held them at an odd angle. It had been a few weeks since they’d left Muul and the desert behind, and Newt was doing better; he’d nearly doubled in size, but he had a lot to learn, especially when it came to flight and combat. He could tell he was growing tired, and Bone himself was starting to feel his armor and packs weighing down on him. They would have to find a place to rest and something to eat; it would be dark soon. Looking out over the murky land, he grumbled contemplatively to himself as they flew farther and farther away from where he’d hoped to find the Plaguebringer’s legions. He was far off course now, but he couldn’t abandon the young dragon, he was sure the other would die out here, now that he was alone; perhaps he could at least teach him a few things before they parted ways. It didn’t seem to have even crossed Newt’s mind that they might have separated long before now. He hardly appreciated being stuck with the runt, and other had been grumpy and quiet since he’d lost his companion, but it had been a long time since Bone had flown with his own horde. Having company wasn’t...awful, and the young one seemed to learn quickly. He perked his head up as Newt interrupted him from his thoughts. “Bone, there’s something down there.” Gazing down at a patch of dead, moss laden stumps of pools of water up ahead, Bone could make out dark feathers and fluttering creatures behind the mist. “Vultures…” He told the boy, shifting his winds and leaning closer and get a better look at what they were after. Beneath the beating wings and shrieking of the birds, he made out the form of a tiny dragon, perched against one of the stumps and fending the creatures off. “They need help!” Newt exclaimed once he made sense of the scuffle. Bone opened his mouth to respond, but was cut off as the younger swooped past him, making a dive for the swampy earth. While Newt had, for the most part, figured out flying; he’d yet to learn much about a graceful landing, and Bone watched as he plunged headlong into the birds, tearing up the earth and rolling with one of the scavengers caught against him, spraying mud and moss about as he gouged the soil with his descent. Calmly, Bone veered in a slow spiral, alighting on the ground a few lengths away and folding his wings as his sides while Newt leapt to his feet, lunging and snapping ferociously at the persistent vultures. With a last snarl and flare of his wings and crests, the birds relented, and took to the sky in a cacophony of displeasure. Bone watched while Newt, thoroughly muddied and disheveled, turned with great pride to the Fae atop the stump and flicked his tail. “Are you okay?” The little creature looked more startled than grateful, straightening her dusky crests and sweeping her tail over the log as she sat carefully. “I’m fine…Thank you... who are you?” She questioned, clearly bewildered. “I’m Newt, that’s Bone.” Newt responded excitedly. “I’m Serpenta. This is my sister Violet.” The Fae answered cautiously, flicking her tail towards another creature, smaller, and tucked almost invisibly against the leechroot mushrooms covering the stump. She only raised her small head and blinked in response to Newt’s toothy grin. “What happened? What are you doing out here?” Newt asked. The darker, Serpenta, curled her tail about herself, looking defensive, while the other crept up slowly to sit beside her. “We were blown off course by the wind last night; we’re trying to...find our way home... or we were, until those vultures came after us…” Serpenta explained, looking past Newt to meet eyes curiously with Bone. Bone blinked in surprise, growling softly in response, and drawing closer to Newt. “Well, why don’t you come with us? We’re going South.” Newt offered, much to Bone’s alarm. “No.” Bone growled, butting in firmly. The last thing he needed was more helpless dragons to look after. “Oh, that would be perfect.” Serpenta chirped. Newt and the talkative fae seemed to ignore him completely. “That’s great!” Newt replied. Bone snarled, adjusting his wings. “No, absolutely not. I’m going to get killed looking after you all.” The pale fae seemed to wilt a little, and Serpenta frowned, tapping her tail against the stump. “We can take care of ourselves, I just thought it would be safer to go together.” She protested. “If you could take care of yourself, you wouldn’t have been bested by vultures. Besides, you’ll slow us down.” Bone growled, turning away. “Let’s go Newt, they can find their own way home.” “Bone! We should go together!” Newt argued. “We won’t slow you down; we know the area, we can show you the best way south from here; it would be best for all of us. Besides, our clan should be the same way from here.” Chirped the fae pleasantly “Please, Bone?” Newt pleaded. The pale mirror glanced over the group in annoyance, contemplating how bad things could get, before he hissed in defeat. “Whatever, let’s move, then.” He ordered, turning away while the others caught up. Newt, lighter on his feet now, looked up in curiosity as Serpenta alighted on the ridge of his back, while the silvery one - Violet, was it? - Fluttered along after them. “You’re a very small dragon.” Newt blurted curiously, and Bone couldn’t hold back a sigh. Serpenta watched him curiously from atop his back. “Haven’t you see a fae before?” “What’s a fae?” “Well that’s what my sister and I are. We don’t grow much bigger.” She responded patiently. . “Oh, neat, is it scary?” “What, being small?” The Fae asked in amusement. “Not really? Only around big clumsy oafs.” Violet seemed to nod her head in agreement with her sister. “Have you met any bigger dragons yet, Newt? Like guardians, or ridgebacks? You’d hardly be up to their shoulders.” Newt’s eyes lit up in curious wonder. “No, what are those?” Bone let the conversation fade from his attention as he forged on ahead of the three, keeping alert for danger. He had a bad feeling about the two Fae, but tried to shake it off. Afterall, this was the happiest he’d seen Newt since before Muul’s death; the younger needed the distraction. Turning back to his thoughts, Bone was aimless. South, and then what? Maybe they’d come across some place where Newt would be safer, or where they could hole up until the other got a bit tougher. -------- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51481720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514818/51481720_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Newt gazed out worriedly at the murky water ahead of them, not familiar with the swampy terrain, but feeling far too tired and sore to fly again today. “We’ll camp here for the night.” He glanced back in relief at Bone’s growly words, sitting down readily on the rocky, moss covered copse where they’d come to a stop. He glanced up in surprise as Serpenta’s light form left his shoulders as she fluttered to the ground near Violet while the paler fae yawned quietly, voice squeaking in her throat. Thoroughly tired out, Newt stretched out lazily on the cold stone, paying little mind to the rough ground and working his sore claws into the cool lichen while he got settled. He watched Bone walk down to the edge of the water, drinking greedily, while Serpenta and Violet worked at finding a comfortable spot among the moss. He rested his eyes for a few moments, but drifted quickly into sleep while the the chattering of Violet's voice faded into silence. The next thing he knew, he opened his eyes to bleak darkness and the echo of guttural snarls over the water. Scrambling to his feet at the thought of danger, he tried to make sense of things in the moonlight. Confusion and alarm danced in his head when he made out Bone with one of the Fae caught between his talons on the ground. “Bone? What are you doing!?” He questioned fearfully, rushing over to his companion. “She was trying to steal from us.” The larger dragon snarled. “I wasn’t! I-” Serpenta struggled beneath his paw, purple scales shimmering black in the night as she wrapped her tail around Bone's wrist, trying to push him away. “Choose your words wisely, little fae, I haven’t eaten in a while.” “I woke up to get water, I-I stumbled over here is all, I can’t see in the dark like you!” “Likely.” The mirror spat. “Bone, let her go!” Newt cried, worried for his new friend. “It was an accident!” “And her paws were rummaging around in my pack on accident, then?” Bone growled. “I told you, I was fumbling around, I swear!” Serpenta squeaked. Violet had come up beside Newt, looking at her sister and Bone in terror. “Let her go, please!” She quivered softly, wings trembling at her sides. “Bone, she said it was a mistake!” Newt insisted. The armored Mirror snarled, releasing Serpenta from his claws and planting his foot back down as she scurried away. “I know what I saw, Fae. Don’t come near me again.” The venom in his voice worried Newt as the two smaller dragons slunk away. Newt glared at Bone in confusion, but the other ignored him, crossing the clearing and sinking down to his belly to lay down far from the others. Newt hesitated, but decided it was best to leave him alone, and walked cautiously over to Serpenta and Violet, sitting near the startled fae. “Are you okay? I’m sorry, about Bone.” He whispered, sniffing at Serpenta to make sure she wasn’t bleeding. The little dragon glanced back at him, running her paw over her crests and wings as she composed herself; but she didn’t seem injured. She seemed to gaze at him thoughtfully for a moment before she spoke. “Not your fault.” Newt lay down beside the two, and cast a worried glance back at Bone, feeling unease settle in his chest as he noted the other’s glowing red eyes staring back at them from the dark. Bone lowered his head wearily onto his paws, wrapping his tail about himself and letting a soft snarl escape his lips as he turned away from Newt’s gaze. Uncertain of what to think, Newt watched the camp restlessly as the silence of night settled over them again. --------------------- [b]Pinglist[/b] @Everburn @Lionheart27 --------------------- [b]Events[/b] -Leveled Serpenta to 4 -Finally managed to get this part out; I'm starting to realize the difficulty of planning a well-thought-out and cohesive story when you don't really know yourself what will happen, haha)
Sr6pNdQ.jpg
VII
Bone kept a steady pace alongside his younger companion, searching the fog for obstacles, and keeping an eye on the other mirror, correcting him when he beat his wings too quickly, or held them at an odd angle. It had been a few weeks since they’d left Muul and the desert behind, and Newt was doing better; he’d nearly doubled in size, but he had a lot to learn, especially when it came to flight and combat.
He could tell he was growing tired, and Bone himself was starting to feel his armor and packs weighing down on him. They would have to find a place to rest and something to eat; it would be dark soon.
Looking out over the murky land, he grumbled contemplatively to himself as they flew farther and farther away from where he’d hoped to find the Plaguebringer’s legions.
He was far off course now, but he couldn’t abandon the young dragon, he was sure the other would die out here, now that he was alone; perhaps he could at least teach him a few things before they parted ways. It didn’t seem to have even crossed Newt’s mind that they might have separated long before now.
He hardly appreciated being stuck with the runt, and other had been grumpy and quiet since he’d lost his companion, but it had been a long time since Bone had flown with his own horde. Having company wasn’t...awful, and the young one seemed to learn quickly.
He perked his head up as Newt interrupted him from his thoughts.
“Bone, there’s something down there.”
Gazing down at a patch of dead, moss laden stumps of pools of water up ahead, Bone could make out dark feathers and fluttering creatures behind the mist.
“Vultures…” He told the boy, shifting his winds and leaning closer and get a better look at what they were after. Beneath the beating wings and shrieking of the birds, he made out the form of a tiny dragon, perched against one of the stumps and fending the creatures off.
“They need help!” Newt exclaimed once he made sense of the scuffle. Bone opened his mouth to respond, but was cut off as the younger swooped past him, making a dive for the swampy earth.
While Newt had, for the most part, figured out flying; he’d yet to learn much about a graceful landing, and Bone watched as he plunged headlong into the birds, tearing up the earth and rolling with one of the scavengers caught against him, spraying mud and moss about as he gouged the soil with his descent.
Calmly, Bone veered in a slow spiral, alighting on the ground a few lengths away and folding his wings as his sides while Newt leapt to his feet, lunging and snapping ferociously at the persistent vultures.
With a last snarl and flare of his wings and crests, the birds relented, and took to the sky in a cacophony of displeasure.
Bone watched while Newt, thoroughly muddied and disheveled, turned with great pride to the Fae atop the stump and flicked his tail.
“Are you okay?”
The little creature looked more startled than grateful, straightening her dusky crests and sweeping her tail over the log as she sat carefully.
“I’m fine…Thank you... who are you?” She questioned, clearly bewildered.
“I’m Newt, that’s Bone.” Newt responded excitedly.
“I’m Serpenta. This is my sister Violet.” The Fae answered cautiously, flicking her tail towards another creature, smaller, and tucked almost invisibly against the leechroot mushrooms covering the stump. She only raised her small head and blinked in response to Newt’s toothy grin.
“What happened? What are you doing out here?” Newt asked.
The darker, Serpenta, curled her tail about herself, looking defensive, while the other crept up slowly to sit beside her.
“We were blown off course by the wind last night; we’re trying to...find our way home... or we were, until those vultures came after us…” Serpenta explained, looking past Newt to meet eyes curiously with Bone.
Bone blinked in surprise, growling softly in response, and drawing closer to Newt.
“Well, why don’t you come with us? We’re going South.” Newt offered, much to Bone’s alarm.
“No.” Bone growled, butting in firmly. The last thing he needed was more helpless dragons to look after.
“Oh, that would be perfect.” Serpenta chirped. Newt and the talkative fae seemed to ignore him completely.
“That’s great!” Newt replied.
Bone snarled, adjusting his wings. “No, absolutely not. I’m going to get killed looking after you all.”
The pale fae seemed to wilt a little, and Serpenta frowned, tapping her tail against the stump.
“We can take care of ourselves, I just thought it would be safer to go together.” She protested.
“If you could take care of yourself, you wouldn’t have been bested by vultures. Besides, you’ll slow us down.” Bone growled, turning away. “Let’s go Newt, they can find their own way home.”
“Bone! We should go together!” Newt argued.
“We won’t slow you down; we know the area, we can show you the best way south from here; it would be best for all of us. Besides, our clan should be the same way from here.” Chirped the fae pleasantly
“Please, Bone?” Newt pleaded.
The pale mirror glanced over the group in annoyance, contemplating how bad things could get, before he hissed in defeat. “Whatever, let’s move, then.” He ordered, turning away while the others caught up.
Newt, lighter on his feet now, looked up in curiosity as Serpenta alighted on the ridge of his back, while the silvery one - Violet, was it? - Fluttered along after them.
“You’re a very small dragon.” Newt blurted curiously, and Bone couldn’t hold back a sigh.
Serpenta watched him curiously from atop his back. “Haven’t you see a fae before?”
“What’s a fae?”
“Well that’s what my sister and I are. We don’t grow much bigger.” She responded patiently. .
“Oh, neat, is it scary?”
“What, being small?” The Fae asked in amusement. “Not really? Only around big clumsy oafs.”
Violet seemed to nod her head in agreement with her sister.
“Have you met any bigger dragons yet, Newt? Like guardians, or ridgebacks? You’d hardly be up to their shoulders.”
Newt’s eyes lit up in curious wonder.
“No, what are those?”
Bone let the conversation fade from his attention as he forged on ahead of the three, keeping alert for danger.
He had a bad feeling about the two Fae, but tried to shake it off. Afterall, this was the happiest he’d seen Newt since before Muul’s death; the younger needed the distraction.
Turning back to his thoughts, Bone was aimless. South, and then what? Maybe they’d come across some place where Newt would be safer, or where they could hole up until the other got a bit tougher.

Newt gazed out worriedly at the murky water ahead of them, not familiar with the swampy terrain, but feeling far too tired and sore to fly again today.
“We’ll camp here for the night.”
He glanced back in relief at Bone’s growly words, sitting down readily on the rocky, moss covered copse where they’d come to a stop.
He glanced up in surprise as Serpenta’s light form left his shoulders as she fluttered to the ground near Violet while the paler fae yawned quietly, voice squeaking in her throat.
Thoroughly tired out, Newt stretched out lazily on the cold stone, paying little mind to the rough ground and working his sore claws into the cool lichen while he got settled.
He watched Bone walk down to the edge of the water, drinking greedily, while Serpenta and Violet worked at finding a comfortable spot among the moss.
He rested his eyes for a few moments, but drifted quickly into sleep while the the chattering of Violet's voice faded into silence.

The next thing he knew, he opened his eyes to bleak darkness and the echo of guttural snarls over the water.
Scrambling to his feet at the thought of danger, he tried to make sense of things in the moonlight. Confusion and alarm danced in his head when he made out Bone with one of the Fae caught between his talons on the ground.
“Bone? What are you doing!?” He questioned fearfully, rushing over to his companion.
“She was trying to steal from us.” The larger dragon snarled.
“I wasn’t! I-” Serpenta struggled beneath his paw, purple scales shimmering black in the night as she wrapped her tail around Bone's wrist, trying to push him away.
“Choose your words wisely, little fae, I haven’t eaten in a while.”
“I woke up to get water, I-I stumbled over here is all, I can’t see in the dark like you!”
“Likely.” The mirror spat.
“Bone, let her go!” Newt cried, worried for his new friend. “It was an accident!”
“And her paws were rummaging around in my pack on accident, then?” Bone growled.
“I told you, I was fumbling around, I swear!” Serpenta squeaked. Violet had come up beside Newt, looking at her sister and Bone in terror. “Let her go, please!” She quivered softly, wings trembling at her sides.
“Bone, she said it was a mistake!” Newt insisted.
The armored Mirror snarled, releasing Serpenta from his claws and planting his foot back down as she scurried away.
“I know what I saw, Fae. Don’t come near me again.” The venom in his voice worried Newt as the two smaller dragons slunk away.
Newt glared at Bone in confusion, but the other ignored him, crossing the clearing and sinking down to his belly to lay down far from the others.
Newt hesitated, but decided it was best to leave him alone, and walked cautiously over to Serpenta and Violet, sitting near the startled fae.
“Are you okay? I’m sorry, about Bone.” He whispered, sniffing at Serpenta to make sure she wasn’t bleeding.
The little dragon glanced back at him, running her paw over her crests and wings as she composed herself; but she didn’t seem injured. She seemed to gaze at him thoughtfully for a moment before she spoke. “Not your fault.”
Newt lay down beside the two, and cast a worried glance back at Bone, feeling unease settle in his chest as he noted the other’s glowing red eyes staring back at them from the dark.
Bone lowered his head wearily onto his paws, wrapping his tail about himself and letting a soft snarl escape his lips as he turned away from Newt’s gaze.
Uncertain of what to think, Newt watched the camp restlessly as the silence of night settled over them again.

Pinglist
@Everburn
@Lionheart27
Events
-Leveled Serpenta to 4
-Finally managed to get this part out; I'm starting to realize the difficulty of planning a well-thought-out and cohesive story when you don't really know yourself what will happen, haha)
[center][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][/center] [center][b]VIII[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51481720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514818/51481720_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “We should split up to look for something to eat.” Serpenta suggested wearily, wringing out her cloak. Bone broke his gaze from the fog hanging over the shimmering water of the swamp to glance back as the fae settled on the moss, stretching and shaking their wings dry after a day of wading through pools and over the strange vines that wove through the depths of the mire. “I’m starving,” he agreed. “Bone?” The pale dragon stood further ahead, gazing into the endless, swaying mists. Only the flick of his crests let on that he’d heard them. Newt shifted uneasily on his tired paws, waiting for a response. Bone had been nearly silent since the night before; it was making him nervous, and the fae seemed uncomfortable too. Was he really still upset over an accident? “I’ll see if I can catch any scents up ahead.” Newt offered, taking a few steps into the shallow water ahead. “I’ll go with you.” Violet spoke up softly. Newt glanced back in surprise, but offered the other a warm smile as she fluttered over to alight on his shoulders. “Okay. Do you want to help, Serpenta?” The darker fae seemed to hesitate, shrugging and avoiding his gaze. “Um… Nah, I’ll watch our stuff, you two go ahead.” She conceded. “You? No way.” Bone growled, and Newt felt his heart sink while Violet tensed against his back, her tail curling tightly along his shoulder. “Well, Why don’t we go together then, and help out?” Serpenta questioned peaceably, but Newt caught the tinge of indignation in her voice. Bone only gave a huffing snarl. “We meet back here before sundown. Don’t get lost.” He growled, padding off, Serpenta tailed after. --------------- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52324477] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/523245/52324477_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Violet clung carefully to the mirror’s shoulders, adjusting her dusky wings for balance as he moved swiftly through the murky water and watching the mists swirl and fold, lost in her worry over Serpenta. “I think I smell something.” She glanced back to Newt as he sniffed at a stretch of land rising out of the water. Violet hopped from his back and alighted on a nearby log jutting from the mud, blinking at him in curiosity while he followed the trail slowly. As he trailed along the mossy ground, she mused around near a fallen log, peering through a knothole and squinting into the darkness for hope of something to eat. Digging her claws into the log and prying back a sheet of slimy bark, revealing several squirming, pearly grubs, she quickly snatched them up and into her pack. Hopeful, she worked at trying to push the log over, but strugged with the heavy weight even as she leaned into it with all her strength. She let out a puff of surprise as it suddenly gave, rolling over entirely, glancing up to watch as Newt rolled it, digging his class into the bark and pushing hard. “Thank you.” She whispered gratefully. “What’re you doing?” He questioned, voice ever light and curious. Violet pointed a claw at the bugs crawling in the now exposed ground, before excitedly grabbing up several more. Newt tilted his head, lips pulling back in something between question and disgust. “You eat those?” He asked incredulously. Violet nodded, continuing to gather them up and dispatch them, pausing for a moment with a particularly fat blue worm in her paw. “It’s good, try it.” She encouraged. He didn’t look so sure, but plucked it up between his claws, watching her with a worried look. She nodded in assurance, and waited expectantly as he popped it in his mouth, visibly wincing before he got it down. “Oh, it’s not bad.” He admitted cheerfully. Violet couldn’t keep herself from beaming. “I’ll show you.” She chirped. She led the other about, the two of them turning over stones and logs, and prying into tree hollows until they’d collected a disgusting abundance of insects. His strength and her nimble size made the hunt easy, and she quietly delighted in watching him try and fit his big head into the holes in logs to get at wood-beetles. When she was spooked by a large grub falling on her from a lifted log and tumbled over herself, Newt broke into laughter, and she found herself giggling along despite herself. She caught her breath while Newt went back to digging, collecting herself, and realizing solemnly she couldn’t remember the last time she’d had fun. When their pouches were full, she perched on his hip where he lay on the mossy ground, the two snacking contentedly before heading back to share their bounty with the others. ---------- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52247379] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/522474/52247379_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Deeper in the soggy glade, Serpenta flew hap-haphazardly from tree to tree in an effort to keep up with Bone as he relentlessly pushed through the foliage and mud. The tiny fae scrambled for a grip in the bark of a large, sickly tree, composing herself for a moment and hissing under her breath before she followed after the other again. “Would you mind slowing down?” She pleaded nicely, but he only grunted, barely easing his pace at all. When he stopped to sniff at something, she landed unsteadily on the ridge of his spine, flinching back when he swung his head around, crests rippling dangerously at the sides of his head. “Get off!” He snarled, tail whipping against the water with a splash while she took off quickly and settled on the moss instead, wrapping her tail about her legs. “I’m sorry, it’s just hard for me to keep up in all this undergrowth, I-” He was off again before she could even finish. Serpenta fluttered after him again as he hurried away, nose to the ground. “So, you and Newt seem close, is he your brother?” Bone grumbled. “No.” “Friend?” The other only growled absently. Serpenta landed on a branch beside him. “You know, I’m only trying to be nice.” She sniffed in displeasure. The Mirror turned his attention to her then, meeting her eyes with cold snarl. “Listen, Fae, I’m here for Newt. You’re welcome to leave any time you want, but until then, stay out of my way, and keep away from our things; if you try to rob me again, you’ll regret it. You’re lucky Newt is naive.” He spat, seeming to catch a scent in the air, and taking off at a run. Defeated, she let him head off, following a little farther behind and saying little. She watched as he hunted, and then stalked, growing slower and more careful as he drew himself silently through the bushes. Serpenta kept quietly tucked against a low log as she watched, pondering whether she should follow him just as the crashing of foliage gave way to a spotted goat, bounding messily through the water. Bone whirled after it, gaining on the creature and lunging with powerful claws outstretched. Dragon and beast crashed into the water with the impact, but with a desperate thrash, hoof connected with skull and sent Bone sprawling. He staggered to his feet, stunned and shaking his head while the goat plunged directly for Serpenta In alarm, she reared back, screeching at the animal and flaring her wings out as she lost her balance and tumbled backwards into the water. The goat stumbled over itself in a panic at the strange creature and leapt back into Bone’s waiting jaws. The mirror dropped the creature at his feet, breathing hard and wincing as a line of scarlet ran from the scuff on his head, slowly raising his eyes to meet Serpenta’s as she scrambled, soaking now, back onto the log, grinning at him in triumph. Bone let a growling sigh escape his throat, sinking his teeth into their catch, and dragging it back towards their camp. --------------- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52324477] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/523245/52324477_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Violet tended the fire gingerly while Newt lay by her side, head resting on his paws as he watched her with interest. The bushes rustled roughly, and she glanced over the clearing, relieved at the sight of Bone emerging through the trees, mouth full of goat and Serpenta riding unsteadily atop his back. Newt rushed to his feet, running and helping Bone drag in the goat, while Serpenta flit across the clearing and landed delicately on the moss and settled next to Violet. “You found a lot,” Her sister remarked pleasantly, sitting in the moss and wrapping her tail about herself as she looked over the bugs toasting on sticks. Violet nodded proudly. “Newt helped.” The fae ate their fill, or attempted to do so, a little put off by how savagely the mirrors devoured their kill without the slightest preparation. ------------ When the murky haze of night had fallen over the swamp, and the otherworldly calls of nocturnal creatures echoed over the silent camp, Violet nestled close to her sister in the cool air. Bone slept at the edge of the camp, still in the soft moss, and Newt lay on his back, softly snoring out cloudy puffs of breath. “I don’t think we should, Serpenta…” Violet insisted softly. “What if he attacks you?” “We’ve dealt with worse. Besides, I saw a locket, some gold, and other good stuff when I looked into their packs the other night. We’d be set for weeks if we could trade for it in Croaker Chasm.” Serpenta was right; they’d robbed a pair of deadly ridgebacks blind, stolen earrings right off a Guardian’s crests, scammed a whole nest of Serthis out of their gold; but somehow this felt worried her more. Of all the immoral and cruel dragons they’d crossed paths with in the mire, the two mirrors were pleasant by comparison. Bone might be a grumpy marrow-brain, but Newt was warm and kind. “I… I don’t know...” “We just have to wait for the right oppertunity. Besides, we have two mirrors protecting us on the way there until then. Don’t worry about it, okay?” Violet sighed in weary resignation, resting her head on paws while Serpenta curled up alongside her, yawning. She blinked sleepily, watching Newt where he lay across from her, resting peacefully on the moss, and felt her stomach twist uneasily as she drifted to sleep. --------------------- [b]Pinglist[/b] @Everburn @Lionheart27 --------------------- [b]Events[/b] -Newt, Bone, Serpenta, Violet and our mystery dragon Locust are level 10! My ugly babies all have a gene now <3 -I have a direction now, and I'm planning to put out a chapter a day for the next few days, but I'll try to keep them briefer than this, haha. -Would you guys prefer longer more detailed chapters, or more frequent chapters with less content?
VIII
“We should split up to look for something to eat.” Serpenta suggested wearily, wringing out her cloak.
Bone broke his gaze from the fog hanging over the shimmering water of the swamp to glance back as the fae settled on the moss, stretching and shaking their wings dry after a day of wading through pools and over the strange vines that wove through the depths of the mire.
“I’m starving,” he agreed. “Bone?”
The pale dragon stood further ahead, gazing into the endless, swaying mists. Only the flick of his crests let on that he’d heard them.
Newt shifted uneasily on his tired paws, waiting for a response. Bone had been nearly silent since the night before; it was making him nervous, and the fae seemed uncomfortable too. Was he really still upset over an accident?
“I’ll see if I can catch any scents up ahead.” Newt offered, taking a few steps into the shallow water ahead.
“I’ll go with you.” Violet spoke up softly.
Newt glanced back in surprise, but offered the other a warm smile as she fluttered over to alight on his shoulders.
“Okay. Do you want to help, Serpenta?”
The darker fae seemed to hesitate, shrugging and avoiding his gaze.
“Um… Nah, I’ll watch our stuff, you two go ahead.” She conceded.
“You? No way.” Bone growled, and Newt felt his heart sink while Violet tensed against his back, her tail curling tightly along his shoulder.
“Well, Why don’t we go together then, and help out?” Serpenta questioned peaceably, but Newt caught the tinge of indignation in her voice.
Bone only gave a huffing snarl. “We meet back here before sundown. Don’t get lost.” He growled, padding off, Serpenta tailed after.
Violet clung carefully to the mirror’s shoulders, adjusting her dusky wings for balance as he moved swiftly through the murky water and watching the mists swirl and fold, lost in her worry over Serpenta.
“I think I smell something.”
She glanced back to Newt as he sniffed at a stretch of land rising out of the water.
Violet hopped from his back and alighted on a nearby log jutting from the mud, blinking at him in curiosity while he followed the trail slowly.
As he trailed along the mossy ground, she mused around near a fallen log, peering through a knothole and squinting into the darkness for hope of something to eat.
Digging her claws into the log and prying back a sheet of slimy bark, revealing several squirming, pearly grubs, she quickly snatched them up and into her pack.
Hopeful, she worked at trying to push the log over, but strugged with the heavy weight even as she leaned into it with all her strength.
She let out a puff of surprise as it suddenly gave, rolling over entirely, glancing up to watch as Newt rolled it, digging his class into the bark and pushing hard.
“Thank you.” She whispered gratefully.
“What’re you doing?” He questioned, voice ever light and curious.
Violet pointed a claw at the bugs crawling in the now exposed ground, before excitedly grabbing up several more.
Newt tilted his head, lips pulling back in something between question and disgust.
“You eat those?” He asked incredulously.
Violet nodded, continuing to gather them up and dispatch them, pausing for a moment with a particularly fat blue worm in her paw.
“It’s good, try it.” She encouraged.
He didn’t look so sure, but plucked it up between his claws, watching her with a worried look.
She nodded in assurance, and waited expectantly as he popped it in his mouth, visibly wincing before he got it down.
“Oh, it’s not bad.” He admitted cheerfully.
Violet couldn’t keep herself from beaming.
“I’ll show you.” She chirped.
She led the other about, the two of them turning over stones and logs, and prying into tree hollows until they’d collected a disgusting abundance of insects. His strength and her nimble size made the hunt easy, and she quietly delighted in watching him try and fit his big head into the holes in logs to get at wood-beetles.
When she was spooked by a large grub falling on her from a lifted log and tumbled over herself, Newt broke into laughter, and she found herself giggling along despite herself.
She caught her breath while Newt went back to digging, collecting herself, and realizing solemnly she couldn’t remember the last time she’d had fun.
When their pouches were full, she perched on his hip where he lay on the mossy ground, the two snacking contentedly before heading back to share their bounty with the others.
Deeper in the soggy glade, Serpenta flew hap-haphazardly from tree to tree in an effort to keep up with Bone as he relentlessly pushed through the foliage and mud.
The tiny fae scrambled for a grip in the bark of a large, sickly tree, composing herself for a moment and hissing under her breath before she followed after the other again.
“Would you mind slowing down?” She pleaded nicely, but he only grunted, barely easing his pace at all.
When he stopped to sniff at something, she landed unsteadily on the ridge of his spine, flinching back when he swung his head around, crests rippling dangerously at the sides of his head.
“Get off!” He snarled, tail whipping against the water with a splash while she took off quickly and settled on the moss instead, wrapping her tail about her legs.
“I’m sorry, it’s just hard for me to keep up in all this undergrowth, I-”
He was off again before she could even finish.
Serpenta fluttered after him again as he hurried away, nose to the ground.
“So, you and Newt seem close, is he your brother?”
Bone grumbled. “No.”
“Friend?”
The other only growled absently.
Serpenta landed on a branch beside him. “You know, I’m only trying to be nice.” She sniffed in displeasure.
The Mirror turned his attention to her then, meeting her eyes with cold snarl.
“Listen, Fae, I’m here for Newt. You’re welcome to leave any time you want, but until then, stay out of my way, and keep away from our things; if you try to rob me again, you’ll regret it. You’re lucky Newt is naive.” He spat, seeming to catch a scent in the air, and taking off at a run.
Defeated, she let him head off, following a little farther behind and saying little. She watched as he hunted, and then stalked, growing slower and more careful as he drew himself silently through the bushes.
Serpenta kept quietly tucked against a low log as she watched, pondering whether she should follow him just as the crashing of foliage gave way to a spotted goat, bounding messily through the water.
Bone whirled after it, gaining on the creature and lunging with powerful claws outstretched. Dragon and beast crashed into the water with the impact, but with a desperate thrash, hoof connected with skull and sent Bone sprawling. He staggered to his feet, stunned and shaking his head while the goat plunged directly for Serpenta
In alarm, she reared back, screeching at the animal and flaring her wings out as she lost her balance and tumbled backwards into the water.
The goat stumbled over itself in a panic at the strange creature and leapt back into Bone’s waiting jaws.
The mirror dropped the creature at his feet, breathing hard and wincing as a line of scarlet ran from the scuff on his head, slowly raising his eyes to meet Serpenta’s as she scrambled, soaking now, back onto the log, grinning at him in triumph.
Bone let a growling sigh escape his throat, sinking his teeth into their catch, and dragging it back towards their camp.
Violet tended the fire gingerly while Newt lay by her side, head resting on his paws as he watched her with interest.
The bushes rustled roughly, and she glanced over the clearing, relieved at the sight of Bone emerging through the trees, mouth full of goat and Serpenta riding unsteadily atop his back.
Newt rushed to his feet, running and helping Bone drag in the goat, while Serpenta flit across the clearing and landed delicately on the moss and settled next to Violet.
“You found a lot,” Her sister remarked pleasantly, sitting in the moss and wrapping her tail about herself as she looked over the bugs toasting on sticks.
Violet nodded proudly. “Newt helped.”
The fae ate their fill, or attempted to do so, a little put off by how savagely the mirrors devoured their kill without the slightest preparation.

When the murky haze of night had fallen over the swamp, and the otherworldly calls of nocturnal creatures echoed over the silent camp, Violet nestled close to her sister in the cool air.
Bone slept at the edge of the camp, still in the soft moss, and Newt lay on his back, softly snoring out cloudy puffs of breath.
“I don’t think we should, Serpenta…” Violet insisted softly. “What if he attacks you?”
“We’ve dealt with worse. Besides, I saw a locket, some gold, and other good stuff when I looked into their packs the other night. We’d be set for weeks if we could trade for it in Croaker Chasm.”
Serpenta was right; they’d robbed a pair of deadly ridgebacks blind, stolen earrings right off a Guardian’s crests, scammed a whole nest of Serthis out of their gold; but somehow this felt worried her more.
Of all the immoral and cruel dragons they’d crossed paths with in the mire, the two mirrors were pleasant by comparison.
Bone might be a grumpy marrow-brain, but Newt was warm and kind.
“I… I don’t know...”
“We just have to wait for the right oppertunity. Besides, we have two mirrors protecting us on the way there until then. Don’t worry about it, okay?”
Violet sighed in weary resignation, resting her head on paws while Serpenta curled up alongside her, yawning.
She blinked sleepily, watching Newt where he lay across from her, resting peacefully on the moss, and felt her stomach twist uneasily as she drifted to sleep.

Pinglist
@Everburn
@Lionheart27
Events
-Newt, Bone, Serpenta, Violet and our mystery dragon Locust are level 10! My ugly babies all have a gene now <3
-I have a direction now, and I'm planning to put out a chapter a day for the next few days, but I'll try to keep them briefer than this, haha.
-Would you guys prefer longer more detailed chapters, or more frequent chapters with less content?
[center][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][/center] [center][b]IX[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52247379] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/522474/52247379_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Serpenta fluttered to a rest atop Bone’s head, trying to get a better look at the mire below from where he was perched in the cradle of branches. “See anything?” “Nothing but fog.” He grumbled, narrowing his eyes. The fog had held thick and heavy for days now, blotting out the sky and obscuring their path relentlessly. “Well, at least we can’t get any more lost.” She sighed. “We aren’t lost. We’ve been keeping South. Just how far away is your clan, anyway?” The mirror questioned without looking at her; still searching the mist intently. Violet flicked her tail. “We must’ve been blown farther off course than we thought.” Bone grunted softly. “Newt and Violet seem to be enjoying themselves, at least.” She added, glancing over her shoulder to gaze at the two, chatting happily on the ground. “I’ve never heard her talk so much.” “I’m glad he made a friend, too.” Bone admitted softly. “It’s good for him to have someone his own age.” Serpenta tilted her head slightly. “You can’t be all that much older?” “No...we’re both grown, and he’s a lot tougher than when I met him, but… ” Bone paused, hesitance hanging in his voice. “He’s inexperienced, and reckless.” He spat with a tone that gave away more worry than anger. “And I’m not much of a friend.” Serpenta listened in confusion, opening her mouth to reply before Violet let out a terrified shriek. She took to the air while Bone scrambled down from the tree, following after him with her heart racing. Violet was sheltered in the curl of Newt’s tail, while the Mirror hissed at the bushes, claws extended in fear and the whites of his eyes showing. Bone rushed to his side, looking around in bewilderment. “What’s wrong, what happened?” He demanded. “W-We saw a ghost!” Bone let his crests droop, looking at his terrified companions with disappointment. “A ghost?” He grumbled in disbelief. Violet glanced up at him and Serpenta, nodding. “I saw it, it was feathery, and dark, in the trees!” She insisted. “There’s no such thing as ghosts-” Bone started to snarl, before the snap of a twig silenced him. Serpenta stepped back, fear prickling along her scales. Newt backed up slightly, but Bone held his ground, crests rippling outward as a snarl rose in his throat. “Show yourself!” His demand was met with a thin spear plunging into the ground at his feet. In shock, he leapt back just as several Raptorik spilled from the trees in a flurry of grey and black, brandishing pikes as they lunged at the Mirror. Serpenta stumbled back in her shock, taking cover behind their packs as she watched the chaos unfold. Violet had taken to the air while Newt and Bone fought back to back, clashing with their feathered attackers. She watched as Bone lunged, catching a spear meant for Newt’s throat and snapping it between his jaws. Newt struggled to hold his ground, Crests flaring desperately as he roared and plunged towards the Talonok, trampling one for a moment and scouring it’s chest before the others drove him back. Violet glanced back at her sister in terror, meeting Serpeta's eyes. “Violet-” She urged; now was their chance. She reached to snatch up Bone’s pack, and took to the air, swaying under the weight and struggling for a second. Bewilderment and dread washed over her as Violet ignored her, swooping at one of the Raptorik’s heads and snatching at their feathers viciously. “Violet!" She cried again, distancing herself from the fight and still clinging to the pack as she moved back. Her sister shot her a pleading look, hovering above the fight but sticking with the two mirrors. Serpenta fluttered in place, hesitating as she was caught between angry shock and fear, torn until one of the bird-creatures caught Violet roughly in their talons. She dropped the pack without thinking, her mind racing as she swooped to the ground, curling her tail about herself and flaring her wings, breathing hard as she fought to concentrate. Bone’s roar was cut short as a tossed bolas caught about his neck and jaw, muzzling the Mirror and sending him sprawling while one of the Raptorik fell on him, pinning him under foot and beneath a poised spear, another driving back a panicked Newt as he tried to reach the other. Out of the swaying mists, the form of a towering, billowing dragon barreled over them with a haunting scream, and Talonok shrunk back in terror, abandoning their assault and fleeing as quickly as they’d come into the undergrowth, their cacophony of horrified squaks and shrieks spilling into the eerie air. Serpenta let her wings droop at her side as the spell dissipated and the liquid form of the great dragon spilled slowly back into translucent wisps of emerald fog. Everything a blur, she rushed over to where Violet had fallen after slipping through the Raptorik’s claws. “Violet! Are you alright?! Get up!” She pleaded, frantic. The dusky fae pushed herself up unsteadily while Serpenta searched her for wounds. “I’m okay. Are you?” She whispered, and Serpenta nodded a little. Bone clawed angrily at the cord of the bolas, loosening its bind and sliding it off over his crests, letting it unravel on the earth while he shook himself out and caught his breath, watching the spaces between the trees with hatred. Newt helped Violet to her feet with the edge of his muzzle, looking over his friend worriedly. “What was that?” He questioned in awe. “An illusion spell.” Serpenta replied weakly, not up to explaining her magics at the moment. “Whatever it was, you saved us.” She glanced up in surprise at Bone’s words, swallowing uncomfortably. Violet embraced her gently, and she patted her hand carefully over her sister’s folded wings. “Thank you.” The younger told her, meeting her eyes for a moment. Serpenta managed to nod, and held her sister close. --------------------- [b]Pinglist[/b] @Everburn @Lionheart27 --------------------- [b]Events[/b] -Leveled Newt, Bone and Locust to 11 -So far the danger has been limited to a chapter or two, but the Talonok will be back.
IX
Serpenta fluttered to a rest atop Bone’s head, trying to get a better look at the mire below from where he was perched in the cradle of branches. “See anything?”
“Nothing but fog.” He grumbled, narrowing his eyes.
The fog had held thick and heavy for days now, blotting out the sky and obscuring their path relentlessly.
“Well, at least we can’t get any more lost.” She sighed.
“We aren’t lost. We’ve been keeping South. Just how far away is your clan, anyway?” The mirror questioned without looking at her; still searching the mist intently.
Violet flicked her tail. “We must’ve been blown farther off course than we thought.”
Bone grunted softly.
“Newt and Violet seem to be enjoying themselves, at least.” She added, glancing over her shoulder to gaze at the two, chatting happily on the ground. “I’ve never heard her talk so much.”
“I’m glad he made a friend, too.” Bone admitted softly. “It’s good for him to have someone his own age.”
Serpenta tilted her head slightly. “You can’t be all that much older?”
“No...we’re both grown, and he’s a lot tougher than when I met him, but… ” Bone paused, hesitance hanging in his voice. “He’s inexperienced, and reckless.” He spat with a tone that gave away more worry than anger. “And I’m not much of a friend.”
Serpenta listened in confusion, opening her mouth to reply before Violet let out a terrified shriek. She took to the air while Bone scrambled down from the tree, following after him with her heart racing.
Violet was sheltered in the curl of Newt’s tail, while the Mirror hissed at the bushes, claws extended in fear and the whites of his eyes showing.
Bone rushed to his side, looking around in bewilderment. “What’s wrong, what happened?” He demanded.
“W-We saw a ghost!”
Bone let his crests droop, looking at his terrified companions with disappointment. “A ghost?” He grumbled in disbelief.
Violet glanced up at him and Serpenta, nodding. “I saw it, it was feathery, and dark, in the trees!” She insisted.
“There’s no such thing as ghosts-” Bone started to snarl, before the snap of a twig silenced him.
Serpenta stepped back, fear prickling along her scales.
Newt backed up slightly, but Bone held his ground, crests rippling outward as a snarl rose in his throat.
“Show yourself!”
His demand was met with a thin spear plunging into the ground at his feet. In shock, he leapt back just as several Raptorik spilled from the trees in a flurry of grey and black, brandishing pikes as they lunged at the Mirror.
Serpenta stumbled back in her shock, taking cover behind their packs as she watched the chaos unfold.
Violet had taken to the air while Newt and Bone fought back to back, clashing with their feathered attackers.
She watched as Bone lunged, catching a spear meant for Newt’s throat and snapping it between his jaws.
Newt struggled to hold his ground, Crests flaring desperately as he roared and plunged towards the Talonok, trampling one for a moment and scouring it’s chest before the others drove him back.
Violet glanced back at her sister in terror, meeting Serpeta's eyes.
“Violet-” She urged; now was their chance.
She reached to snatch up Bone’s pack, and took to the air, swaying under the weight and struggling for a second.
Bewilderment and dread washed over her as Violet ignored her, swooping at one of the Raptorik’s heads and snatching at their feathers viciously.
“Violet!" She cried again, distancing herself from the fight and still clinging to the pack as she moved back.
Her sister shot her a pleading look, hovering above the fight but sticking with the two mirrors.
Serpenta fluttered in place, hesitating as she was caught between angry shock and fear, torn until one of the bird-creatures caught Violet roughly in their talons.
She dropped the pack without thinking, her mind racing as she swooped to the ground, curling her tail about herself and flaring her wings, breathing hard as she fought to concentrate.
Bone’s roar was cut short as a tossed bolas caught about his neck and jaw, muzzling the Mirror and sending him sprawling while one of the Raptorik fell on him, pinning him under foot and beneath a poised spear, another driving back a panicked Newt as he tried to reach the other.
Out of the swaying mists, the form of a towering, billowing dragon barreled over them with a haunting scream, and Talonok shrunk back in terror, abandoning their assault and fleeing as quickly as they’d come into the undergrowth, their cacophony of horrified squaks and shrieks spilling into the eerie air.
Serpenta let her wings droop at her side as the spell dissipated and the liquid form of the great dragon spilled slowly back into translucent wisps of emerald fog.
Everything a blur, she rushed over to where Violet had fallen after slipping through the Raptorik’s claws.
“Violet! Are you alright?! Get up!” She pleaded, frantic.
The dusky fae pushed herself up unsteadily while Serpenta searched her for wounds.
“I’m okay. Are you?” She whispered, and Serpenta nodded a little.
Bone clawed angrily at the cord of the bolas, loosening its bind and sliding it off over his crests, letting it unravel on the earth while he shook himself out and caught his breath, watching the spaces between the trees with hatred.
Newt helped Violet to her feet with the edge of his muzzle, looking over his friend worriedly.
“What was that?” He questioned in awe.
“An illusion spell.” Serpenta replied weakly, not up to explaining her magics at the moment.
“Whatever it was, you saved us.”
She glanced up in surprise at Bone’s words, swallowing uncomfortably.
Violet embraced her gently, and she patted her hand carefully over her sister’s folded wings.
“Thank you.” The younger told her, meeting her eyes for a moment.
Serpenta managed to nod, and held her sister close.

Pinglist
@Everburn
@Lionheart27
Events
-Leveled Newt, Bone and Locust to 11
-So far the danger has been limited to a chapter or two, but the Talonok will be back.
[center][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][/center] [center][b]X[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52247379] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/522474/52247379_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] “Serpenta?” The fae froze at the sound of Violet’s voice, turning slowly to look back at her sister. “Where are you going?” Violet rubbed her eyes and stepped carefully over Newt’s sleeping form in the pale dawn light. “To Croaker Chasm.” “Alone? Why?” Serpenta took a slow breath, wincing at the hurt in Violet’s voice and glancing back into the fading shadows of the forest. “To make a living. There’s no sense hanging around here.” “Serpenta…” “Are you coming?” She glanced back at her sister with a last sliver of hope, but she already knew the answer. “I…” Violet hesitated, glancing back at Newt. Serpenta frowned, feeling a stab of pain in her chest. “If you change your mind, you know where to find me.” She snapped. “Serpenta, wait!” Violet pleaded. “You can’t just take off, why not stay with us?” “[i]Us.[/i]” Serpenta scoffed. “[i]They’re[/i] your family now?” Violet wilted, the sadness in her eyes filling Serpenta with guilt. “Look, if you’re happy here, that’s fine, but I can’t stay here forever, I just want things to be normal again.” She growled, glancing away. “Thieving isn’t normal Serpenta, isn’t it nice to be safe for once? To have people looking out for you?” “We looked out for each other!” “We still will, it’s just-” “You look after Newt more than me now. It’s like you don’t even care.” “Serpenta, please stay. Of course I care.” Violet whispered, treading up besides her sister, she searched the other’s face, brushing her tail gently over her back. The elder flinched away from the touch, spreading her wings and pushing hurriedly into the air. “Whatever. I’m going to scout ahead.” She snapped, leaving Violet behind. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51481720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514818/51481720_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Newt stretched lazily in the morning sun as he awoke, kneading his claws into the ground before plopping onto his rear and yawning noisily. He noticed Violet, sitting a ways away, huddled on the ground and watching the misty sky. “Morning Violet.” He greeted sleepily, walking over to the other, but tilting his head in worry when she glanced back at him sadly. “Where’s Serpenta?” Bone questioned, checking for his belongings out of habit when he realized the small dragon was absent. “She went to scout ahead.” Violet replied softly, but she looked almost crest-fallen. Bone huffed. “She should be more careful after yesterday.” Newt offered his tail to let Violet climb onto his back, and settling on his shoulders, she nestled especially close to him that morning. Newt trekked on quietly behind Bone, glancing behind him every now and then, still shaken from the fight the night before. Violet had barely spoken at all, and the silence was worrying him. Lost in thought, he jumped as he bumped into the other, finding Bone had halted suddenly. “Bone?” “Shh.” The pale mirror raised his head, and as Newt froze, poised in mid-step and listened, he could hear the frantic flapping of wings echoing from the mist. The band watched the treeline tensely, waiting. Serpenta’s dark form burst from the foliage in a flurry as she swooped towards them, landing clumsily on the moss with leaves caught in her crests and eyes wide in fear. “We have to get out of here,” She panted. “There’s Talonok everywhere!” Bone snarled. “How close!?” “I’m not sure, I-” The dragons froze at the sound of soft rustling in the briars at their backs, and Newt felt his heart skip a beat at the sound of a low, droning growl. A flock of Talonok crept slowly from the foggy undergrowth on all sides, spears aimed at the group, while at the front of the path, a great, tawny guardian adorned in feathers crept from the mist, teeth bared menacingly. --------------------- [b]Pinglist[/b] @Everburn @Lionheart27 --------------------- [b]Events[/b] -Newt, Bone, and Locust are level 12! -Newt and Violet are incubating a nest! I could have had many more dragons by now if I'd started nests as soon as possible, but I wanted to let mating pairs form naturally through lore. -My lovely friend Poezio gifted me a nocturne egg! He's quiet pretty and I can't wait to come up with lore for him. If you'd like to help name him, you can post suggestions! He's the baby noc in my first tab.
X
“Serpenta?”
The fae froze at the sound of Violet’s voice, turning slowly to look back at her sister.
“Where are you going?” Violet rubbed her eyes and stepped carefully over Newt’s sleeping form in the pale dawn light.
“To Croaker Chasm.”
“Alone? Why?”
Serpenta took a slow breath, wincing at the hurt in Violet’s voice and glancing back into the fading shadows of the forest.
“To make a living. There’s no sense hanging around here.”
“Serpenta…”
“Are you coming?” She glanced back at her sister with a last sliver of hope, but she already knew the answer.
“I…” Violet hesitated, glancing back at Newt.
Serpenta frowned, feeling a stab of pain in her chest.
“If you change your mind, you know where to find me.” She snapped.
“Serpenta, wait!” Violet pleaded. “You can’t just take off, why not stay with us?”
Us.” Serpenta scoffed. “They’re your family now?”
Violet wilted, the sadness in her eyes filling Serpenta with guilt.
“Look, if you’re happy here, that’s fine, but I can’t stay here forever, I just want things to be normal again.” She growled, glancing away.
“Thieving isn’t normal Serpenta, isn’t it nice to be safe for once? To have people looking out for you?”
“We looked out for each other!”
“We still will, it’s just-”
“You look after Newt more than me now. It’s like you don’t even care.”
“Serpenta, please stay. Of course I care.” Violet whispered, treading up besides her sister, she searched the other’s face, brushing her tail gently over her back.
The elder flinched away from the touch, spreading her wings and pushing hurriedly into the air. “Whatever. I’m going to scout ahead.” She snapped, leaving Violet behind.
Newt stretched lazily in the morning sun as he awoke, kneading his claws into the ground before plopping onto his rear and yawning noisily.
He noticed Violet, sitting a ways away, huddled on the ground and watching the misty sky.
“Morning Violet.” He greeted sleepily, walking over to the other, but tilting his head in worry when she glanced back at him sadly.
“Where’s Serpenta?” Bone questioned, checking for his belongings out of habit when he realized the small dragon was absent.
“She went to scout ahead.” Violet replied softly, but she looked almost crest-fallen.
Bone huffed. “She should be more careful after yesterday.”
Newt offered his tail to let Violet climb onto his back, and settling on his shoulders, she nestled especially close to him that morning.

Newt trekked on quietly behind Bone, glancing behind him every now and then, still shaken from the fight the night before.
Violet had barely spoken at all, and the silence was worrying him.
Lost in thought, he jumped as he bumped into the other, finding Bone had halted suddenly.
“Bone?”
“Shh.”
The pale mirror raised his head, and as Newt froze, poised in mid-step and listened, he could hear the frantic flapping of wings echoing from the mist.
The band watched the treeline tensely, waiting.
Serpenta’s dark form burst from the foliage in a flurry as she swooped towards them, landing clumsily on the moss with leaves caught in her crests and eyes wide in fear. “We have to get out of here,” She panted. “There’s Talonok everywhere!”
Bone snarled. “How close!?”
“I’m not sure, I-”
The dragons froze at the sound of soft rustling in the briars at their backs, and Newt felt his heart skip a beat at the sound of a low, droning growl.
A flock of Talonok crept slowly from the foggy undergrowth on all sides, spears aimed at the group, while at the front of the path, a great, tawny guardian adorned in feathers crept from the mist, teeth bared menacingly.

Pinglist
@Everburn
@Lionheart27
Events
-Newt, Bone, and Locust are level 12!
-Newt and Violet are incubating a nest! I could have had many more dragons by now if I'd started nests as soon as possible, but I wanted to let mating pairs form naturally through lore.
-My lovely friend Poezio gifted me a nocturne egg! He's quiet pretty and I can't wait to come up with lore for him. If you'd like to help name him, you can post suggestions! He's the baby noc in my first tab.
[center][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][/center] [center][b]XI[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51481720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514818/51481720_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Newt trailed after Bone with Violet nestled between his wings alongside Serpenta, his heart aching as Violet trembled against him. Serpenta huddled over her sister defensively, but he could tell she was scared, too, for all her composure. Newt tried to keep quiet, watching the Talonok on either side of them with bated breath as they were marched through the swamp. Bone was in the worst shape; he hadn’t gone down without a fight, and now limped along, snarling in defiance as the birdfolk urged him along. The lithe guardian loomed behind the group, squashing all chance of escape. As they walked, the trees gave way to a misty clearing cradled by deep swamp-water. Corven and raptorik filled the space, young nestlings watched from mud-huts, while fishermen and warriors hurried over to meet the war party, crowding around the dragons in fearful curiosity as they were led through the camp. Newt felt his blood pounding in his ears despite how he tried to push down his fear; unsure of what was to come and knowing they’d have little hope if the sharp-taloned avians decided to attack them now. The Talonok herded them towards the front of the camp, beneath a towering stump where an old, soot-feathered corven perched wearily. As they approached, a raptorik warrior with bandages across his chest and head clambered up unsteadily beside the first. Newt tensed, snarling as two of the warriors aimed their weapons at him, driving him back. Bone glanced over his shoulder, snarling in alarm at the pair before he was cut off, pressed forwards. “Bone!” Newt cried, trying to reach the other. “Halt!” One of the birdfolk cawed angrilly “Enough!” The crackling voice of the Corven atop his perch broke through the panic. Newt watched in terrified silence as Bone was forced before him while the other Raptorik kept Newt and the fae from getting any closer. “Are these the dragons who attacked your hunting party?” Croaked the blackbird. The injured warrior gazed over the dragons with evident hatred, clicking his beak. “Yes. The Plague warrior and his companions, we barely escaped with our lives.” Bone snarled in outrage. “You attacked us, you stupid chicken!” The raptorik gave his wings a furious flap. “Silence, dragon, you incited this by treading through our land!” “Quiet.” Insisted the old Corven. “Is this true, Kolok?” The warrior hesitated, his tone indignant “...Yes, Elder.” The corven seemed to muse over this for a moment, curling his talons into the edge of the old wood. “Regardless, we cannot allow the Plaguebringer’s warriors to ravage our territory unchecked.” “We aren’t Plague soldiers!” Serpenta spoke up. “We’re only travelling, we didn’t mean any harm by crossing through your land; we’ve been lost in the swamp for weeks, now!” The elder pointed his crooked staff at Bone. “Your companion bears the armor of the Plague-mother’s hordes.” “Aye,” Snarled Bone. “I was with them, no longer, those three have never set foot among them; they only traveled with me.” He informed, glancing back at the others. Newt curled his tail about himself as the raggedy old corven gazed over him. “You have no quarrel with the beast clans?” Newt shook his head, desperate to escape this mess, and Serpenta chimed in, voice pleading. “No! We were attacked, we don’t want to fight you!” The elder nodded slowly. “If you are truthful, I apologize for the actions of my kin. We harbor no hatred for your kind. You may rest here and share prey with us. In the morning, one of my scouts will escort you off of our land.” Newt sighed a breath of relief, glancing up at the elder gratefully. “Thank you.” He spoke up, trying to hide the fear in his voice. The corven nodded to the Raptorik spearman at their sides. “Take the soldier to the pit.” Newt stepped forward, his crests flattened to his neck in shock while Bone snarled and Serpenta stirred against his back. “I thought you were letting us go?!” Newt cried. “You three are innocent; you may go. The warrior’s fate will be decided in a later council.” “He’s our friend!” Serpenta protested. “The warriors of the Plaguebringer have destroyed our homes and slain many of our brethren. We cannot afford to trust them blindly.” The Corven croaked. Bone thrashed his tail in the dirt, lowering himself defensively and snarling, but making no leap to attack the birdfolk as they attempted to guide him off. “Bone!” Newt tried to leap after his friend, but raised spears held him back. “I’ll be fine. Do as they say.” Bone growled, but Newt could only stand in fear as his friend was surrounded. “Please!” He looked back to the corven, but the old blackbird was already making his way down from the stump as the crowd cautiously dispersed. The guardian moved forward then, and the spearmen gave her room back as she came to stand in their way. “I’ll show you where you can rest.” She rumbled softly. Newt stood frozen in place, watching past her as Bone was led away. ----------------- [b]Pinglist[/b] @Everburn @Lionheart27 ------------- [b]Events[/b] None
XI
Newt trailed after Bone with Violet nestled between his wings alongside Serpenta, his heart aching as Violet trembled against him.
Serpenta huddled over her sister defensively, but he could tell she was scared, too, for all her composure.
Newt tried to keep quiet, watching the Talonok on either side of them with bated breath as they were marched through the swamp.
Bone was in the worst shape; he hadn’t gone down without a fight, and now limped along, snarling in defiance as the birdfolk urged him along.
The lithe guardian loomed behind the group, squashing all chance of escape.
As they walked, the trees gave way to a misty clearing cradled by deep swamp-water.
Corven and raptorik filled the space, young nestlings watched from mud-huts, while fishermen and warriors hurried over to meet the war party, crowding around the dragons in fearful curiosity as they were led through the camp.
Newt felt his blood pounding in his ears despite how he tried to push down his fear; unsure of what was to come and knowing they’d have little hope if the sharp-taloned avians decided to attack them now.
The Talonok herded them towards the front of the camp, beneath a towering stump where an old, soot-feathered corven perched wearily.
As they approached, a raptorik warrior with bandages across his chest and head clambered up unsteadily beside the first.
Newt tensed, snarling as two of the warriors aimed their weapons at him, driving him back.
Bone glanced over his shoulder, snarling in alarm at the pair before he was cut off, pressed forwards.
“Bone!” Newt cried, trying to reach the other.
“Halt!” One of the birdfolk cawed angrilly
“Enough!”
The crackling voice of the Corven atop his perch broke through the panic.
Newt watched in terrified silence as Bone was forced before him while the other Raptorik kept Newt and the fae from getting any closer.
“Are these the dragons who attacked your hunting party?” Croaked the blackbird.
The injured warrior gazed over the dragons with evident hatred, clicking his beak. “Yes. The Plague warrior and his companions, we barely escaped with our lives.”
Bone snarled in outrage. “You attacked us, you stupid chicken!”
The raptorik gave his wings a furious flap. “Silence, dragon, you incited this by treading through our land!”
“Quiet.” Insisted the old Corven. “Is this true, Kolok?”
The warrior hesitated, his tone indignant “...Yes, Elder.”
The corven seemed to muse over this for a moment, curling his talons into the edge of the old wood.
“Regardless, we cannot allow the Plaguebringer’s warriors to ravage our territory unchecked.”
“We aren’t Plague soldiers!” Serpenta spoke up. “We’re only travelling, we didn’t mean any harm by crossing through your land; we’ve been lost in the swamp for weeks, now!”
The elder pointed his crooked staff at Bone. “Your companion bears the armor of the Plague-mother’s hordes.”
“Aye,” Snarled Bone. “I was with them, no longer, those three have never set foot among them; they only traveled with me.” He informed, glancing back at the others.
Newt curled his tail about himself as the raggedy old corven gazed over him.
“You have no quarrel with the beast clans?”
Newt shook his head, desperate to escape this mess, and Serpenta chimed in, voice pleading. “No! We were attacked, we don’t want to fight you!”
The elder nodded slowly.
“If you are truthful, I apologize for the actions of my kin. We harbor no hatred for your kind. You may rest here and share prey with us. In the morning, one of my scouts will escort you off of our land.”
Newt sighed a breath of relief, glancing up at the elder gratefully. “Thank you.” He spoke up, trying to hide the fear in his voice.
The corven nodded to the Raptorik spearman at their sides. “Take the soldier to the pit.”
Newt stepped forward, his crests flattened to his neck in shock while Bone snarled and Serpenta stirred against his back.
“I thought you were letting us go?!” Newt cried.
“You three are innocent; you may go. The warrior’s fate will be decided in a later council.”
“He’s our friend!” Serpenta protested.
“The warriors of the Plaguebringer have destroyed our homes and slain many of our brethren. We cannot afford to trust them blindly.” The Corven croaked.
Bone thrashed his tail in the dirt, lowering himself defensively and snarling, but making no leap to attack the birdfolk as they attempted to guide him off.
“Bone!” Newt tried to leap after his friend, but raised spears held him back.
“I’ll be fine. Do as they say.” Bone growled, but Newt could only stand in fear as his friend was surrounded.
“Please!” He looked back to the corven, but the old blackbird was already making his way down from the stump as the crowd cautiously dispersed.
The guardian moved forward then, and the spearmen gave her room back as she came to stand in their way.
“I’ll show you where you can rest.” She rumbled softly.
Newt stood frozen in place, watching past her as Bone was led away.
Pinglist

@Everburn
@Lionheart27

Events

None
[center][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][emoji=flowering tree size=1][/center] [center][b]XII[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52390018] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/523901/52390018_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Locust watched the strange dragons curiously as she led them to the waterside. She’d seen other dragons before, but never this close up. They were so strange looking, with their frills and bright colors, and so small compared to her. “Please, tell them Bone won’t hurt anyone. He’s a good dragon.” The greenish one piped up. She glanced at him skeptically, ignoring his plea. “You can rest here, I’ll bring you some food.” She tried to assure them, but they didn’t look any more happy. “Wait, when will we know about Bone?” She glanced back uncertainly, turning a little and sitting down to speak to them, folding her paws over her chest. “Raak will hold a council tonight. You can listen with the clan if you want.” “What will happen if they won’t let him go?” The fae questioned. Locust glanced between the small dragons. “I don’t know.” “Please, you’re a dragon too, help us.” The mirror watched her expectantly. Taken aback, Locust lifted her head high, spines raising defensively. “I am Talonok.” She growled indignantly. “But you’re so large and powerful, why let those birds tell you what to do?” The smallish, dark fae spoke up again. “They are my family. Whether I have a beak or not doesn’t change that.” Locust retorted, whipping her tail slightly with annoyance and turning away. “Bone is [i]our[/i] family. We wouldn’t have made it this far without him. Even if he used to be a Plague warrior, he’s with us, now. Please understand.” She glanced back as the little green one spoke up again, finding herself torn for a second before she huffed and headed away, lost in thought. Locust gathered fresh-caught fish into a basket at the far end of the camp, thinking to herself and grumbling in frustration. She was curious of the others, and felt pity for them, but how they thought of her clan made her uneasy; how could she know they were trustworthy? The dragons of the Plaguebringer had hurt them many times, but she couldn’t help wanting to offer these strangers aid. She wouldn’t betray her family, but there had to be something she could do for these new dragons; she wanted to befriend them, and to show them the Talonok were honorable. Great Talona! She had so many questions to ask them. None of them were quite like her, but maybe they’d be able to tell her about the draconic festivals she’d seen from afar, or teach her to hunt without the tiny raptorik spears, or if they felt the same wanderlust that she did. But she doubted they’d talk to her if Raak hurt their friend; the little green one seemed so scared for him. Mulling over her thoughts, Locust stared quietly back at her rippling reflection in the water. -------------------------------- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51481720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514818/51481720_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Newt glanced up hopefully when the Guardian returned, carrying a woven basket of carp fish in her jaws and setting it down at his feet. “Here,” She offered, proceeding to walk closer to the water before lowering herself onto her chest, watching them. Newt paid the food no mind, unable to think about it for once in his life. After a prickly silence, the Guardian raised her voice. “My name is Locust.” Newt blinked at her. “Newt.” He replied. “This is Violet, and Serpenta.” “You said your friend… Bone? That he saved you?” Newt felt a spark of hope at her interest. “Yes, he took me with him after my mother was killed and taught me, even though he didn’t know me. I don’t know what he did before that, but he’s my family. I can’t just let him get hurt.” He pleaded. The Guardian seemed to consider this before speaking, giving a slow nod. “The Talonok did the same for me.” She replied quietly. “This is the first time I’ve really met other dragons, and you guys seem nice, so I want to help, but I’m not causing any trouble for my clan." “Wait, you were brought up by Talonok?” Serpenta questioned. “Yes. Since I can remember. They raised me like one of theirs.” “That must have been hard.” “No, no! They taught me how to fish, and track and build with clay. It’s really nice here. Sometimes, I just don’t really… well, fit.” “Do they treat you differently?” Newt questioned, feeling sorry for her. “No, I mean, I don’t fit. Physically. It can feel sort of lonely, being the only dragon around, so it’s nice to meet you all. I’ve always wanted to travel and meet others like me some day; see what’s out there. Oh, excuse me, I’m talking about myself too much.” The guardian chuckled almost nervously, but her laughter resonated in the ground beneath their feet. “So, Will you help us get him out?” “I could talk to Raak; he might listen to me.” “You’d do that?” “I can try, but you know, he’s not making it easy for himself, calling us chickens and insulting my our elder. You should hear him over there in the pit.” The amber dragon remarked unhappily. “Hes a bit rough around the edges, but he’s a good dragon once you get to know him, I swear.” Newt insisted. “Can we see him?” Newt crept up to the pit where the Talonok stood guard, their beady eyes watching the new-comers warily until Locust sent them away with a nod. In the deep dug-out, Bone paced angrily, tearing up the ground with his claws until Newt’s shadow fell over him, and he craned his head to look up at his companions. “Bone!” The older mirror reared up, placing his paws against the wall to get a closer look through the cut logs that barred the top. “Newt?” “Are you okay?” “I’ve been better.” He grumbled, but Newt saw a spark of something like fear in his friend’s eyes. Serpenta hopped from Newt’s back to gaze into the pit. “You need to be respectful if you want them to let you go.” She hissed. Bone lashed his tail. “Why should I bother giving these turkeys anything? They won’t let me go.” Newt felt his heart tug in worry. “Not talking like that!” Serpenta snapped. “Bone…” Newt started, but the other cut him off. “You should go. I’ll be fine.” “Bone, we can’t just leave you.” Newt exclaimed. “Don’t worry about me. You lot will be fine on your own.” “Bone, it’s not about us, we care about you, you know.” Violet spoke up. Dropping back to all fours, Bone turned his head away with a snarl. “Don’t waste your time. I deserve this, anyway.” Newt lowered himself to his belly, curling his claws over the edge of the pit. “What are you talking about?” “I was too weak to protect my clan, too weak to survive in the PlagueBringer's army, too weak to even keep you out of danger. It was bound to end like this. I’m a disgrace to my own flight.” Bone snarled, turning away. Newt blinked sadly at his friend, unsure of what to say and startled by the other's sudden tone, but Serpenta pushed closer. “Bone, there’s more to life than winning fights! Are you going to give up because you’re in a tight spot, or are you going to weather through it?” She demanded. The mirror gave her a sideways glance, but only growled in response. “You might’ve messed up, but you kept going anyway, so stop feeling sorry for yourself; you’re tougher than that. We’ll figure this out.” The fae continued. “I don’t care what happened Bone, you looked after me, you’re my family.” Newt added. Bone raised his head slightly, watching the younger mirror with pain in his ruby eyes. “The elder is going to hold a council later. We’ll talk to him.” Violet explained. “Try and be cooperative until then.” Serpenta added. “Just hang on, okay?” Newt watched over his friend worriedly. Bone sat down on the floor of the pit, turning away and only giving a grunt in response. Bone bounded cautiously out of the pit as a log slid down to allow his escape. He watched the two raptorik at his side, following after them slowly as he was brought before the dark corven, Raak, where he was now perched on the dead tree. He tried to focus over the chirps and croaks of the amassed Talonok who filled the clearing in faded light. The soft, dazzling light of torches reflected off of dark feathers and danced in the eyes of the Guardian who towered beside them. The raucous sound of the crowd fell into silence as the elder swung his staff in a slow, sweeping motion through the air before bringing it to the stump with a tap. “We are gathered in council tonight to address the travelers who have passed into our territory. Before us stands Red-Bone, a former warrior of the PlagueBringer’s army.” The crowd rippled with soft crows of protest and unease. “Red-Bone. Why have you come through our territory?” The Mirror, standing freely between two torches at the base of the rock, lashed his tail. “My companions and I sought only to find our way North through the swamp, so that we might travel to safer lands. We had no intention to trespass.” He replied, trying to keep calm for his own sake. “And where did you come from?” “I was exalted from my clan without choice to serve in the PlagueBringer’s forces. I was left behind after I was injured in a battle, and wandered, surviving alone.” “In a battle with whom?” “The forces of the ShadowWeaver.” “Did you clash with any of the forces of Talona?” “Yes. With Centaurs, and with Serthis.” Bone glanced sideways, watching as the crowd grumbled around him. “And do you harbor hatred for them still?” “Hatred? For the sake of my fallen companions, yes. I feel hatred for what happened to them.” The old Corven craned his head, watching the Mirror closely. “Do you intend to take up the fight against them again?” “No. I’ve had enough fighting.” “Not even to return to the forces of the PlagueBringer?” “I only want to find peace. Somewhere far from here, with my… my clan mates.” Bone answered, an exhaustion hanging in his voice as he glanced over at his friends where they stood among the crowd. The old Corven nodded, sitting in silence for a few long, tense moments. “We can all agree to wanting peace. And we all hold anguish in our hearts for our lost kin in these times, but we must use this anguish as motivation for reaching peace.” He paused, running his hand along the bottom of his beak as he considered. Bone raised his head slightly, watching the old blackbird with a spark of hope. “One of ours, Locust, and your clan mates have spoken with us. They tell me you are just, and that they care for you dearly. I do not wish to destroy your family. If you swear not to take up forces against the beast clans, then I see no reason not to allow you to go and seek your peace.” Pushing down his pride, Bone nodded, watching the corven. “I swear; I will incite no violence.” The old bird dipped his head in turn. “If there are no objections, we will allow the warrior to pass out of our territory alongside his companions. Bone’s crests twitched nervously as a few whispers and rumbling crows stirred from the crowd, but nothing came of them. -------------------------------- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51688727] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516888/51688727_350.png[/img] [/url] Bone left the two Raptorik guards; walking towards the river as the crowd dispersed. He stumbled, blindsided, as Newt crashed into him, tail curling about him while the younger brushed under his chin and nuzzled into his shoulder before drawing back, looking at him with glee in his fire-lit eyes. Serpenta alighted on his back, and Violet hung close to Newt. “Bone!” Newt cheered. “We told you!” Bone breathed a sigh of relief. “Yes...Thank you. For not abandoning me.” He got out awkwardly, the warmth he felt sitting funny in his chest as he followed them to rest beside the river. “How could we?” Newt scorned. Bone glanced away, blinking quietly and feeling a humility wash over him. “It wouldn’t have changed much.” “What do you mean?” The younger questioned. “Once we leave this swamp. There’s no reason for me or you to stick around. I’ll head back south, another way.” “What?” “We’ve talked about this. There will be plenty of clans just a bit further from here. I’m sure at least one of them will take you.” “Bone, you are my clan.” Newt replied. Bone searched the other’s face, then glanced over at he faes, his words caught in his throat. “Newt…” “I don’t care where we go, but you’re my family.” Bone nodded, feeling as though his heart was caught by talons. “What do you want, then?” Newt seemed to hesitate at this, considering. “A home. A home would be nice. I’m so tired of travelling, somewhere where all four of us can stay, and rest, and take shelter.” “That does sound nice... But Serpenta and Violet already have a clan,” Bone reminded gently, glancing over to the sisters. “Somewhere, anyway.” He added snarkily. “Bone… Newt…” Serpenta started uncertainty. She hopped down from Bone's back to stand in front of the others. “We… We don’t actually have a clan that we’re trying to get to. I’m sorry. We lied.” “What do you mean?” Newt questioned, the shock clear in his voice, but Bone only listened, crests twitching in curiosity. “Even since we were hatchlings, Serpenta and I have just... been on the move. We didn’t have anyone to look after us, so Serpenta took care of me, and we just kept moving. We…” Violet took a deep breath, sorrow and regret washing over her face as she struggled to get her words out. Serpenta took over. “We had to steal to get by, and traded our goods with other bandits and nearby clans. When we saw you, you were just another couple dragons we could swindle. You were right about me, when I tried to steal from you.” She told Bone, the face eyes of guilt as looked up at him. “Go figure.” He responded dryly. “I knew that.” “But, Violet wanted to stay with you, and I… Well. It is nice not being just the two of us.” She admitted grumpily. “So you want to stay with us?” Bone questioned, still unimpressed. Violet spoke up again, softly. “You’d let us? After what we tried to do?” “Of course.” Newt replied. “We can find a home together, and look after one another. It doesn’t matter much, now that we’re your family, too.” Violet smiled with watery eyes, while Serpenta looked thoroughly embarrassed. “I...Suppose.” She replied. Bone grunted in reluctant agreement, not one for soppy affairs, and startling a little when Newt leaned into him affectionately. He growled loudly, walking away from the others with a glare and plopping down at the water's edge. ----------------------------- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51481720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514818/51481720_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] While they settled, Locust walked up to the group, greeting them. “Thank you for your help.” Newt addressed her. “You’re welcome.” She smiled, sitting down with the small group. “I’m a little sad you’re all leaving so soon, though. It was nice to speak to other dragons.” “Well, why don’t you come with us? We’re going to look for a home. It’s always nice to have more companions?” Newt suggested, but the Guardian seemed almost flustered at this. “W-with you? Out of the swamp?” “If you want? You said you don’t fit around here, and that you wanted to explore, right? Why not come with us? It would be safer than if you went alone?” “Isn’t that a bit hasty?” She questioned. “Yes.” Bone answered. She glanced between the two uncertainly before Serpenta spoke up. “Would you be happier around other dragons?” “Oh, no,” Locust protested. “I love my clan. I am Talonok… But…” She trailed off, dragging her paw through the dirt. “It would be nice to see more than the swamp. Ever since I’ve been grown, I’ve felt this urge to… I don’t know, to [i]go[/i].” She admitted. “Do you have a charge, yet?” Violet questioned. Both Newt and Locust turned to look at her questioningly. “A charge?” The Guardian asked. “All the other Guardians that Serpenta and I have met; they had a charge; something they protected. Or they were searching for it. It seems to be what Guardians do. Maybe that’s what you’re feeling?” “Even though I was raised as Talonok?” “Sure, if it’s the same as how I eat bugs, and Newt eats meat. If it’s just something inside you, it might be there anyway.” Serpenta commented. “I… I don’t know, that’s so much to think about. I don’t think I can just leave my clan.” She admitted. “You don’t have to.” Newt conceded. “But you’re welcome to travel with us if you like.” Locust blinked, nodding slightly as she got back to her feet. “I’ll let you rest. I- Thank you.” She stammered, dipping her head. Newt watched as she headed off before he settled quietly on the grass, watching over his tired friends with loving warmth. ------------------------------------------ Departing from the Talonok territory in the cool, emerald light of dawn, Newt walked at the head of his companions, treading into the endless fog once more. “Newt, Serpenta!” He froze mid-step, wheeling around to see the Guardian weaving through the trees, the morning dew rippling off her amber scales. “Is your offer still open?” “You want to come? I thought you didn’t want to leave the Talonok?” Newt questioned as she came up beside them, looking uncertain at his words. “I… I was unsure, but I’ve wanted to go out on my own for a long time. This was a good of a time as any.” She confessed. “I spoke to my parents, and Raak. They understood. That is, if I’m still welcome.” “Of course,” Newt replied, while Serpenta nodded. “It will be dangerous to travel out here.” Bone warned. The Guardian only puffed up her chest proudly. “I am Talonok. I know how to fight; am not afraid of the wilds.” The mirror only nodded at her resolve. “We’re off, then?” Newt questioned warmly, and receiving a nod from their new companion, he turned to lead the group back into the unknown. ----------------- [b]Pinglist[/b] @Everburn @Lionheart27 ------------- [b]Events[/b] Wow. This was the roughest chapter yet. I honestly kind of hate it and it made me wonder if I should even continue. I hope it's not too boring or hard to get through. I know where I want to end this part, but getting to it is a pain. Newt and Violet's nest hatched and all three survived! [3 heads] Obviously this hasn't happened in story yet, so that is one of the points I'm trying to catch up to.
XII
Locust watched the strange dragons curiously as she led them to the waterside.
She’d seen other dragons before, but never this close up.
They were so strange looking, with their frills and bright colors, and so small compared to her.
“Please, tell them Bone won’t hurt anyone. He’s a good dragon.” The greenish one piped up.
She glanced at him skeptically, ignoring his plea. “You can rest here, I’ll bring you some food.” She tried to assure them, but they didn’t look any more happy.
“Wait, when will we know about Bone?”
She glanced back uncertainly, turning a little and sitting down to speak to them, folding her paws over her chest. “Raak will hold a council tonight. You can listen with the clan if you want.”
“What will happen if they won’t let him go?” The fae questioned.
Locust glanced between the small dragons. “I don’t know.”
“Please, you’re a dragon too, help us.” The mirror watched her expectantly.
Taken aback, Locust lifted her head high, spines raising defensively. “I am Talonok.” She growled indignantly.
“But you’re so large and powerful, why let those birds tell you what to do?” The smallish, dark fae spoke up again.
“They are my family. Whether I have a beak or not doesn’t change that.” Locust retorted, whipping her tail slightly with annoyance and turning away.
“Bone is our family. We wouldn’t have made it this far without him. Even if he used to be a Plague warrior, he’s with us, now. Please understand.”
She glanced back as the little green one spoke up again, finding herself torn for a second before she huffed and headed away, lost in thought.

Locust gathered fresh-caught fish into a basket at the far end of the camp, thinking to herself and grumbling in frustration. She was curious of the others, and felt pity for them, but how they thought of her clan made her uneasy; how could she know they were trustworthy? The dragons of the Plaguebringer had hurt them many times, but she couldn’t help wanting to offer these strangers aid.
She wouldn’t betray her family, but there had to be something she could do for these new dragons; she wanted to befriend them, and to show them the Talonok were honorable.
Great Talona! She had so many questions to ask them.
None of them were quite like her, but maybe they’d be able to tell her about the draconic festivals she’d seen from afar, or teach her to hunt without the tiny raptorik spears, or if they felt the same wanderlust that she did.
But she doubted they’d talk to her if Raak hurt their friend; the little green one seemed so scared for him.
Mulling over her thoughts, Locust stared quietly back at her rippling reflection in the water.
Newt glanced up hopefully when the Guardian returned, carrying a woven basket of carp fish in her jaws and setting it down at his feet. “Here,” She offered, proceeding to walk closer to the water before lowering herself onto her chest, watching them.
Newt paid the food no mind, unable to think about it for once in his life.
After a prickly silence, the Guardian raised her voice. “My name is Locust.”
Newt blinked at her. “Newt.” He replied. “This is Violet, and Serpenta.”
“You said your friend… Bone? That he saved you?”
Newt felt a spark of hope at her interest.
“Yes, he took me with him after my mother was killed and taught me, even though he didn’t know me. I don’t know what he did before that, but he’s my family. I can’t just let him get hurt.” He pleaded.
The Guardian seemed to consider this before speaking, giving a slow nod.
“The Talonok did the same for me.” She replied quietly. “This is the first time I’ve really met other dragons, and you guys seem nice, so I want to help, but I’m not causing any trouble for my clan."
“Wait, you were brought up by Talonok?” Serpenta questioned.
“Yes. Since I can remember. They raised me like one of theirs.”
“That must have been hard.”
“No, no! They taught me how to fish, and track and build with clay. It’s really nice here. Sometimes, I just don’t really… well, fit.”
“Do they treat you differently?” Newt questioned, feeling sorry for her.
“No, I mean, I don’t fit. Physically. It can feel sort of lonely, being the only dragon around, so it’s nice to meet you all. I’ve always wanted to travel and meet others like me some day; see what’s out there. Oh, excuse me, I’m talking about myself too much.” The guardian chuckled almost nervously, but her laughter resonated in the ground beneath their feet.
“So, Will you help us get him out?”
“I could talk to Raak; he might listen to me.”
“You’d do that?”
“I can try, but you know, he’s not making it easy for himself, calling us chickens and insulting my our elder. You should hear him over there in the pit.” The amber dragon remarked unhappily.
“Hes a bit rough around the edges, but he’s a good dragon once you get to know him, I swear.” Newt insisted. “Can we see him?”

Newt crept up to the pit where the Talonok stood guard, their beady eyes watching the new-comers warily until Locust sent them away with a nod. In the deep dug-out, Bone paced angrily, tearing up the ground with his claws until Newt’s shadow fell over him, and he craned his head to look up at his companions.
“Bone!”
The older mirror reared up, placing his paws against the wall to get a closer look through the cut logs that barred the top. “Newt?”
“Are you okay?”
“I’ve been better.” He grumbled, but Newt saw a spark of something like fear in his friend’s eyes.
Serpenta hopped from Newt’s back to gaze into the pit. “You need to be respectful if you want them to let you go.” She hissed.
Bone lashed his tail. “Why should I bother giving these turkeys anything? They won’t let me go.”
Newt felt his heart tug in worry.
“Not talking like that!” Serpenta snapped.
“Bone…” Newt started, but the other cut him off.
“You should go. I’ll be fine.”
“Bone, we can’t just leave you.” Newt exclaimed.
“Don’t worry about me. You lot will be fine on your own.”
“Bone, it’s not about us, we care about you, you know.” Violet spoke up.
Dropping back to all fours, Bone turned his head away with a snarl.
“Don’t waste your time. I deserve this, anyway.”
Newt lowered himself to his belly, curling his claws over the edge of the pit. “What are you talking about?”
“I was too weak to protect my clan, too weak to survive in the PlagueBringer's army, too weak to even keep you out of danger. It was bound to end like this. I’m a disgrace to my own flight.” Bone snarled, turning away.
Newt blinked sadly at his friend, unsure of what to say and startled by the other's sudden tone, but Serpenta pushed closer.
“Bone, there’s more to life than winning fights! Are you going to give up because you’re in a tight spot, or are you going to weather through it?” She demanded.
The mirror gave her a sideways glance, but only growled in response.
“You might’ve messed up, but you kept going anyway, so stop feeling sorry for yourself; you’re tougher than that. We’ll figure this out.” The fae continued.
“I don’t care what happened Bone, you looked after me, you’re my family.” Newt added.
Bone raised his head slightly, watching the younger mirror with pain in his ruby eyes.
“The elder is going to hold a council later. We’ll talk to him.” Violet explained.
“Try and be cooperative until then.” Serpenta added.
“Just hang on, okay?” Newt watched over his friend worriedly.
Bone sat down on the floor of the pit, turning away and only giving a grunt in response.

Bone bounded cautiously out of the pit as a log slid down to allow his escape. He watched the two raptorik at his side, following after them slowly as he was brought before the dark corven, Raak, where he was now perched on the dead tree.
He tried to focus over the chirps and croaks of the amassed Talonok who filled the clearing in faded light. The soft, dazzling light of torches reflected off of dark feathers and danced in the eyes of the Guardian who towered beside them.
The raucous sound of the crowd fell into silence as the elder swung his staff in a slow, sweeping motion through the air before bringing it to the stump with a tap.
“We are gathered in council tonight to address the travelers who have passed into our territory. Before us stands Red-Bone, a former warrior of the PlagueBringer’s army.”
The crowd rippled with soft crows of protest and unease.
“Red-Bone. Why have you come through our territory?”
The Mirror, standing freely between two torches at the base of the rock, lashed his tail. “My companions and I sought only to find our way North through the swamp, so that we might travel to safer lands. We had no intention to trespass.” He replied, trying to keep calm for his own sake.
“And where did you come from?”
“I was exalted from my clan without choice to serve in the PlagueBringer’s forces. I was left behind after I was injured in a battle, and wandered, surviving alone.”
“In a battle with whom?”
“The forces of the ShadowWeaver.”
“Did you clash with any of the forces of Talona?”
“Yes. With Centaurs, and with Serthis.”
Bone glanced sideways, watching as the crowd grumbled around him.
“And do you harbor hatred for them still?”
“Hatred? For the sake of my fallen companions, yes. I feel hatred for what happened to them.”
The old Corven craned his head, watching the Mirror closely. “Do you intend to take up the fight against them again?”
“No. I’ve had enough fighting.”
“Not even to return to the forces of the PlagueBringer?”
“I only want to find peace. Somewhere far from here, with my… my clan mates.” Bone answered, an exhaustion hanging in his voice as he glanced over at his friends where they stood among the crowd.
The old Corven nodded, sitting in silence for a few long, tense moments.
“We can all agree to wanting peace. And we all hold anguish in our hearts for our lost kin in these times, but we must use this anguish as motivation for reaching peace.” He paused, running his hand along the bottom of his beak as he considered.
Bone raised his head slightly, watching the old blackbird with a spark of hope.
“One of ours, Locust, and your clan mates have spoken with us. They tell me you are just, and that they care for you dearly. I do not wish to destroy your family. If you swear not to take up forces against the beast clans, then I see no reason not to allow you to go and seek your peace.”
Pushing down his pride, Bone nodded, watching the corven. “I swear; I will incite no violence.”
The old bird dipped his head in turn. “If there are no objections, we will allow the warrior to pass out of our territory alongside his companions.
Bone’s crests twitched nervously as a few whispers and rumbling crows stirred from the crowd, but nothing came of them.

51688727_350.png

Bone left the two Raptorik guards; walking towards the river as the crowd dispersed.
He stumbled, blindsided, as Newt crashed into him, tail curling about him while the younger brushed under his chin and nuzzled into his shoulder before drawing back, looking at him with glee in his fire-lit eyes. Serpenta alighted on his back, and Violet hung close to Newt.
“Bone!” Newt cheered. “We told you!”
Bone breathed a sigh of relief. “Yes...Thank you. For not abandoning me.” He got out awkwardly, the warmth he felt sitting funny in his chest as he followed them to rest beside the river.
“How could we?” Newt scorned.
Bone glanced away, blinking quietly and feeling a humility wash over him.
“It wouldn’t have changed much.”
“What do you mean?” The younger questioned.
“Once we leave this swamp. There’s no reason for me or you to stick around. I’ll head back south, another way.”
“What?”
“We’ve talked about this. There will be plenty of clans just a bit further from here. I’m sure at least one of them will take you.”
“Bone, you are my clan.” Newt replied.
Bone searched the other’s face, then glanced over at he faes, his words caught in his throat.
“Newt…”
“I don’t care where we go, but you’re my family.”
Bone nodded, feeling as though his heart was caught by talons.
“What do you want, then?”
Newt seemed to hesitate at this, considering.
“A home. A home would be nice. I’m so tired of travelling, somewhere where all four of us can stay, and rest, and take shelter.”
“That does sound nice... But Serpenta and Violet already have a clan,” Bone reminded gently, glancing over to the sisters. “Somewhere, anyway.” He added snarkily.
“Bone… Newt…” Serpenta started uncertainty. She hopped down from Bone's back to stand in front of the others. “We… We don’t actually have a clan that we’re trying to get to. I’m sorry. We lied.”
“What do you mean?” Newt questioned, the shock clear in his voice, but Bone only listened, crests twitching in curiosity.
“Even since we were hatchlings, Serpenta and I have just... been on the move. We didn’t have anyone to look after us, so Serpenta took care of me, and we just kept moving. We…” Violet took a deep breath, sorrow and regret washing over her face as she struggled to get her words out.
Serpenta took over. “We had to steal to get by, and traded our goods with other bandits and nearby clans. When we saw you, you were just another couple dragons we could swindle. You were right about me, when I tried to steal from you.” She told Bone, the face eyes of guilt as looked up at him.
“Go figure.” He responded dryly. “I knew that.”
“But, Violet wanted to stay with you, and I… Well. It is nice not being just the two of us.” She admitted grumpily.
“So you want to stay with us?” Bone questioned, still unimpressed.
Violet spoke up again, softly. “You’d let us? After what we tried to do?”
“Of course.” Newt replied. “We can find a home together, and look after one another. It doesn’t matter much, now that we’re your family, too.”
Violet smiled with watery eyes, while Serpenta looked thoroughly embarrassed. “I...Suppose.” She replied.
Bone grunted in reluctant agreement, not one for soppy affairs, and startling a little when Newt leaned into him affectionately.
He growled loudly, walking away from the others with a glare and plopping down at the water's edge.

While they settled, Locust walked up to the group, greeting them.
“Thank you for your help.” Newt addressed her.
“You’re welcome.” She smiled, sitting down with the small group.
“I’m a little sad you’re all leaving so soon, though. It was nice to speak to other dragons.”
“Well, why don’t you come with us? We’re going to look for a home. It’s always nice to have more companions?” Newt suggested, but the Guardian seemed almost flustered at this.
“W-with you? Out of the swamp?”
“If you want? You said you don’t fit around here, and that you wanted to explore, right? Why not come with us? It would be safer than if you went alone?”
“Isn’t that a bit hasty?” She questioned.
“Yes.” Bone answered.
She glanced between the two uncertainly before Serpenta spoke up. “Would you be happier around other dragons?”
“Oh, no,” Locust protested. “I love my clan. I am Talonok… But…” She trailed off, dragging her paw through the dirt. “It would be nice to see more than the swamp. Ever since I’ve been grown, I’ve felt this urge to… I don’t know, to go.” She admitted.
“Do you have a charge, yet?” Violet questioned. Both Newt and Locust turned to look at her questioningly.
“A charge?” The Guardian asked.
“All the other Guardians that Serpenta and I have met; they had a charge; something they protected. Or they were searching for it. It seems to be what Guardians do. Maybe that’s what you’re feeling?”
“Even though I was raised as Talonok?”
“Sure, if it’s the same as how I eat bugs, and Newt eats meat. If it’s just something inside you, it might be there anyway.” Serpenta commented.
“I… I don’t know, that’s so much to think about. I don’t think I can just leave my clan.” She admitted.
“You don’t have to.” Newt conceded. “But you’re welcome to travel with us if you like.”
Locust blinked, nodding slightly as she got back to her feet. “I’ll let you rest. I- Thank you.” She stammered, dipping her head.
Newt watched as she headed off before he settled quietly on the grass, watching over his tired friends with loving warmth.

Departing from the Talonok territory in the cool, emerald light of dawn, Newt walked at the head of his companions, treading into the endless fog once more.
“Newt, Serpenta!”
He froze mid-step, wheeling around to see the Guardian weaving through the trees, the morning dew rippling off her amber scales.
“Is your offer still open?”
“You want to come? I thought you didn’t want to leave the Talonok?” Newt questioned as she came up beside them, looking uncertain at his words.
“I… I was unsure, but I’ve wanted to go out on my own for a long time. This was a good of a time as any.” She confessed. “I spoke to my parents, and Raak. They understood. That is, if I’m still welcome.”
“Of course,” Newt replied, while Serpenta nodded.
“It will be dangerous to travel out here.” Bone warned.
The Guardian only puffed up her chest proudly. “I am Talonok. I know how to fight; am not afraid of the wilds.”
The mirror only nodded at her resolve.
“We’re off, then?” Newt questioned warmly, and receiving a nod from their new companion, he turned to lead the group back into the unknown.

Pinglist

@Everburn
@Lionheart27

Events
Wow. This was the roughest chapter yet. I honestly kind of hate it and it made me wonder if I should even continue. I hope it's not too boring or hard to get through. I know where I want to end this part, but getting to it is a pain.
Newt and Violet's nest hatched and all three survived! [3 heads]
Obviously this hasn't happened in story yet, so that is one of the points I'm trying to catch up to.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZfJHEYH.png[/img][/center] [center][emoji=bramble size=1][emoji=bramble size=1][emoji=bramble size=1][/center] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51688727] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516888/51688727_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][b]VII[/b][/center] Bone lifted his head, releasing the dead Ampelope from his jaws and turning to face Locust as she caught up to him, touching down and striding to a graceful stop. “Good catch. We should get this back to the little ones.” He nodded, catching his breath and watching thankfully as she picked up the deer between her mighty jaws, flaring her wings and taking to the pale dusk sky above the rocky grassland. As they touched down, Bone gazed quietly over the reddish grass, pausing at the base of the hill near their lair, and looking up over the jagged, moss covered cave at its top. He climbed up the knoll, glancing back over the planes where they’d made their home and headed towards the small lair nestled in the hollow between the settled sheets of rock. In the fading light, the leechroot covering the pale cracked stone shone a vibrant purple against the sky. Locust set their catch down at the mouth of the cave, peering in to greet Newt and Violet where they were curled together. Violet, dozing tiredly, raised her head, and Newt smiled warmly as his friends returned. “We brought food!” Locust announced. “Thank you, I’ll be on the next hunt, I promise.” Newt replied. “Nonsense.” Growled Bone. “We can handle it, you’ve got more important things to deal with.” “Have you named them yet?” Locust asked. Violet nodded, pulling back her wing from the three sleeping mirror pups that lay between their parents, looking over them lovingly. “The dark one is named Gloomfang, and then Leechroot,” Newt explained, noting a hatchling who carried the same, luminescent pink hue of the mushrooms that made up their nest. “She’s a fiesty one.” He added. “And Stormclaw.” Violet remarked warmly over the quiet grey-black hatchling. Bone gave a toothy grin. “They’ll be bigger than you soon, Violet.” She nodded. “I’ll manage.” The fae assured warmly, folding her wing back over her children. Leaving Locust with the others, Bone slunk from the lair, finding his way around and clambering up the stone side of the cave, blinking when he noticed Serpenta already perched at it’s top. He prowled forward, sitting to the side of the fae and watching the fading sky with her. “All mirrors.” Bone spoke up. “They’ll be a handful.” Serpenta glanced back at him, nodding her head absent-mindedly before looking back over the plains. “What’s the matter?” He asked, confused by her unusual silence. “Nothing. I’m just thinking. Will we be safe here?” “As safe as anywhere.” “When Locust leaves?” “She seems pretty eager to help out at the moment. Besides, if she moves on later, we got on fine before she joined us, anyway. And we still have my claws and your magic.” Serpenta hesitated, meeting Newt's eyes. “What if I leave?” “What? Why would you leave?” “I… It’s nice here. But it’s strange staying in one place.” “Serpenta-” “I don’t mean I’ll leave forever, I’ll come back, but I need time to think. Besides, There’s got to be other clans around, and other territories, and beast clans. It would be good to know about them. I’m thinking of going to explore for a while. Bone listened in quiet understanding. “Don’t forget your sister needs you, too.” Serpenta nodded. “I know.” As night fell over their new home, Bone made his way down from the rock and stretched out on the cool grass at the entrance of the lair, watching over his clanmates. ------------- Pinglist @Everburn @Lionheart27 ----------- [b]Events:[/b] Bone, Newt and Locust are level 15 and now have two genes! This is a bit of a skip, months after they left the Talonok. I originally wanted to write more of them in the mire but just didn't have it in me. For a while, posts will probably be shorter and more spaced apart in time.
ZfJHEYH.png
VII

Bone lifted his head, releasing the dead Ampelope from his jaws and turning to face Locust as she caught up to him, touching down and striding to a graceful stop.
“Good catch. We should get this back to the little ones.”
He nodded, catching his breath and watching thankfully as she picked up the deer between her mighty jaws, flaring her wings and taking to the pale dusk sky above the rocky grassland.

As they touched down, Bone gazed quietly over the reddish grass, pausing at the base of the hill near their lair, and looking up over the jagged, moss covered cave at its top.
He climbed up the knoll, glancing back over the planes where they’d made their home and headed towards the small lair nestled in the hollow between the settled sheets of rock.
In the fading light, the leechroot covering the pale cracked stone shone a vibrant purple against the sky.
Locust set their catch down at the mouth of the cave, peering in to greet Newt and Violet where they were curled together.
Violet, dozing tiredly, raised her head, and Newt smiled warmly as his friends returned.
“We brought food!” Locust announced.
“Thank you, I’ll be on the next hunt, I promise.” Newt replied.
“Nonsense.” Growled Bone. “We can handle it, you’ve got more important things to deal with.”
“Have you named them yet?” Locust asked.
Violet nodded, pulling back her wing from the three sleeping mirror pups that lay between their parents, looking over them lovingly.
“The dark one is named Gloomfang, and then Leechroot,” Newt explained, noting a hatchling who carried the same, luminescent pink hue of the mushrooms that made up their nest. “She’s a fiesty one.” He added.
“And Stormclaw.” Violet remarked warmly over the quiet grey-black hatchling.
Bone gave a toothy grin. “They’ll be bigger than you soon, Violet.”
She nodded. “I’ll manage.” The fae assured warmly, folding her wing back over her children.

Leaving Locust with the others, Bone slunk from the lair, finding his way around and clambering up the stone side of the cave, blinking when he noticed Serpenta already perched at it’s top.
He prowled forward, sitting to the side of the fae and watching the fading sky with her.
“All mirrors.” Bone spoke up. “They’ll be a handful.”
Serpenta glanced back at him, nodding her head absent-mindedly before looking back over the plains.
“What’s the matter?” He asked, confused by her unusual silence.
“Nothing. I’m just thinking. Will we be safe here?”
“As safe as anywhere.”
“When Locust leaves?”
“She seems pretty eager to help out at the moment. Besides, if she moves on later, we got on fine before she joined us, anyway. And we still have my claws and your magic.”
Serpenta hesitated, meeting Newt's eyes.
“What if I leave?”
“What? Why would you leave?”
“I… It’s nice here. But it’s strange staying in one place.”
“Serpenta-”
“I don’t mean I’ll leave forever, I’ll come back, but I need time to think. Besides, There’s got to be other clans around, and other territories, and beast clans. It would be good to know about them. I’m thinking of going to explore for a while.
Bone listened in quiet understanding. “Don’t forget your sister needs you, too.”
Serpenta nodded. “I know.”

As night fell over their new home, Bone made his way down from the rock and stretched out on the cool grass at the entrance of the lair, watching over his clanmates.
Pinglist

@Everburn
@Lionheart27
Events:
Bone, Newt and Locust are level 15 and now have two genes!
This is a bit of a skip, months after they left the Talonok. I originally wanted to write more of them in the mire but just didn't have it in me.
For a while, posts will probably be shorter and more spaced apart in time.
Please put me on the ping list!!
Please put me on the ping list!!
sunny :)
she/her/they/them

sT4kXbA.png9XENDnB.png
@sunnydaysss

Sure! Thank you for reading! :)
@sunnydaysss

Sure! Thank you for reading! :)
[center][emoji=bramble size=1][emoji=bramble size=1][emoji=bramble size=1][/center] [center][b]XIV[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51481720] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514818/51481720_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Newt woke to a sharp pain in his tail, rolling onto his stomach and looking over his shoulder in shock. Leechroot lay at his tail, rolling about on her back and snatching at it with her jaws as he waved it in surprise, while Gloom prowled close and Storm lay crouched, looking no more awake than Newt. “Hey!” He growled sleepily, swiping it away. Leechroot and Gloom bounded up to his face while he felt Violet stir beside him. “Let’s go, dad!” Leech squeaked, bouncing in front of him in excitement. “Go where?” He mumbled, blinking groggily in the dim light of dawn. “Hunting!” She chirped. “You said you would take us!” Gloom added, trotting up behind her sister. “Right…I did, didn’t I?” Newt recalled, pushing himself to his feet in the roomy cave, glancing over the sleeping bodies of Locust and Bone, and noting quietly Serpenta’s empty nest. He bent his head to nuzzle Violet where she was curled before he padded away, stretching and digging his claws into the stone floor. “Keep quiet, don’t wake your mother.” He whispered, guiding them with his tail towards the entrance. Leech giggled, rushing past her sister to the mouth of the cave, while Gloom bounded after her. Newt turned to look back at his son, still crouched at the edge of the nest. “Coming?” “I don’t want to.” He whispered. “Can I stay here with Mom?” Newt tilted his head in confusion. “Come on, it’ll be fun.” Newt encouraged. “We’ll bring something home for mom and the others.” The little Grey mirror clambered to his feet, trailing after his father and dragging his paws. Newt led the three through the tall, ruddy grass, scenting the air for any sign of prey. Gloom and Storm stalked slowly behind him as he’d taught them, but Leech tired quickly from the pursuit, and tackled her brother. “Get off!” Storm squeaked in frustration. “Don’t be such an egg!” Leech growled, rolling off him while Gloom avoided them, trying to continue stalking. “Quiet down, you’re going to scare off all the prey.” She warned her sister with a snarl, but Leech only took this as a challenge, growling playfully and barreling into her while Storm fled the chaos, running for the safety of Newt’s legs. Newt droned them out patiently, sniffing about. Nothing too big; they were growing fast, but the hatchlings were only half his size, and had much to learn before taking on something that could trample or bite them. Trailing along, it wasn’t long before he caught the scent of a hare. “Do you smell that?” Newt asked Storm while the others fooled about. Storm scented the air curiously, glancing back to his father. “It smells like fur.” “That’s a rabbit. See if you can follow it.” He encouraged warmly, but Storm looked more anxious than proud. “Rabbit?!” Squeaked Leech, rolling off her sister. “Where?” “Storm caught its scent; let’s see if we can find it.” “I’m going to catch it!” Leech cheered, sniffing around and following Storm as he headed through the grass. Newt followed after the three at a slow pace as they trailed the scent, proud of how well they were doing until they came to a slow, gurgling stream, and seemed to reach a dead end. “It’s gone!” Leech proclaimed in disappointment, sniffing about frantically, while Storm waded into the shallow water. Newt sat and curled his tail around himself, waiting for them to figure it out while his stomach grumbled. “Over here.” Called Gloom, having found herself across the water on the other side, stalking quickly into the woods, at the lead, now. Newt grinned with pride and hurried after them again. The scent grew stronger as they made their way out of the grassland into drier, sloping earth scattered with jagged red stone strangled by knotted roots. Tufts of orange, scorched grass stuck up from the soil, but the soil was far more barren than the land around the lair. He hoped this wasn’t the way Serpenta had gone. Unfamiliar with this territory, Newt proceeded warily, watching over the three and glancing over his shoulder. They were far from home. “The rabbit is close, go quietly” He told them softly, keeping low, wary not for the rabbit. “I smell it!” Leech hissed, before leaping forward, away from her siblings and into the grass ahead. “Leechroot, wait.” Newt growled, but she didn’t hear, coursing away from them and disappearing. Newt rose to this paws, prickled with fear, and bounded after her while the other two followed, Storm looking to him in worry. He cleared a ridge quickly in pursuit of his daughter, only to slow in shock as a looming, dead forest came into view. Gnarled, cracked and crimson trunks towered above them in an oppressive line. Twisted or dead themselves, they were blanketed in colorful fungi and gnarled moss. The giant trees who clung to life had warped strangely and blocked out the sun with thorned black leaves. The forest sat low in the barren land, yet stood looming over them. It reminded Newt of the depths of the swamp, but somehow far more threatening. Leech had frozen in front of the great trees, tail trailing on the ground, a small, still form against the strange wood and the red mist that rolled over the forest floor. “Stay here.” Newt told the other two, hurrying down the slope to his daughter. Daunted by nearly nothing, the little hatchling seemed frozen against his legs. “Leech, come along.” He growled firmly, noticing only a smear of blood and fur caught in the spiky grass at the edge of the trees; the end of the rabbit’s trail. --------------------- [b]Pinglist[/b] @Everburn @Lionheart27 @sunnydaysss --------------------- [b]Events[/b] -Hatched the July egg, a Mirror! They'll come in later. -Leveling the hatchlings! -I've decided no more breeding except between dragons who have 2-3 genes each, since gening the G1s is already sapping all my money aha
XIV

Newt woke to a sharp pain in his tail, rolling onto his stomach and looking over his shoulder in shock.
Leechroot lay at his tail, rolling about on her back and snatching at it with her jaws as he waved it in surprise, while Gloom prowled close and Storm lay crouched, looking no more awake than Newt.
“Hey!” He growled sleepily, swiping it away.
Leechroot and Gloom bounded up to his face while he felt Violet stir beside him.
“Let’s go, dad!” Leech squeaked, bouncing in front of him in excitement.
“Go where?” He mumbled, blinking groggily in the dim light of dawn.
“Hunting!” She chirped.
“You said you would take us!” Gloom added, trotting up behind her sister.
“Right…I did, didn’t I?” Newt recalled, pushing himself to his feet in the roomy cave, glancing over the sleeping bodies of Locust and Bone, and noting quietly Serpenta’s empty nest.
He bent his head to nuzzle Violet where she was curled before he padded away, stretching and digging his claws into the stone floor. “Keep quiet, don’t wake your mother.” He whispered, guiding them with his tail towards the entrance.
Leech giggled, rushing past her sister to the mouth of the cave, while Gloom bounded after her.
Newt turned to look back at his son, still crouched at the edge of the nest.
“Coming?”
“I don’t want to.” He whispered. “Can I stay here with Mom?”
Newt tilted his head in confusion. “Come on, it’ll be fun.” Newt encouraged. “We’ll bring something home for mom and the others.”
The little Grey mirror clambered to his feet, trailing after his father and dragging his paws.

Newt led the three through the tall, ruddy grass, scenting the air for any sign of prey.
Gloom and Storm stalked slowly behind him as he’d taught them, but Leech tired quickly from the pursuit, and tackled her brother.
“Get off!” Storm squeaked in frustration.
“Don’t be such an egg!” Leech growled, rolling off him while Gloom avoided them, trying to continue stalking.
“Quiet down, you’re going to scare off all the prey.” She warned her sister with a snarl, but Leech only took this as a challenge, growling playfully and barreling into her while Storm fled the chaos, running for the safety of Newt’s legs.
Newt droned them out patiently, sniffing about. Nothing too big; they were growing fast, but the hatchlings were only half his size, and had much to learn before taking on something that could trample or bite them.
Trailing along, it wasn’t long before he caught the scent of a hare.
“Do you smell that?” Newt asked Storm while the others fooled about.
Storm scented the air curiously, glancing back to his father. “It smells like fur.”
“That’s a rabbit. See if you can follow it.” He encouraged warmly, but Storm looked more anxious than proud.
“Rabbit?!” Squeaked Leech, rolling off her sister. “Where?”
“Storm caught its scent; let’s see if we can find it.”
“I’m going to catch it!” Leech cheered, sniffing around and following Storm as he headed through the grass.

Newt followed after the three at a slow pace as they trailed the scent, proud of how well they were doing until they came to a slow, gurgling stream, and seemed to reach a dead end.
“It’s gone!” Leech proclaimed in disappointment, sniffing about frantically, while Storm waded into the shallow water.
Newt sat and curled his tail around himself, waiting for them to figure it out while his stomach grumbled.
“Over here.” Called Gloom, having found herself across the water on the other side, stalking quickly into the woods, at the lead, now.
Newt grinned with pride and hurried after them again.

The scent grew stronger as they made their way out of the grassland into drier, sloping earth scattered with jagged red stone strangled by knotted roots. Tufts of orange, scorched grass stuck up from the soil, but the soil was far more barren than the land around the lair. He hoped this wasn’t the way Serpenta had gone.
Unfamiliar with this territory, Newt proceeded warily, watching over the three and glancing over his shoulder.
They were far from home.
“The rabbit is close, go quietly” He told them softly, keeping low, wary not for the rabbit.
“I smell it!” Leech hissed, before leaping forward, away from her siblings and into the grass ahead.
“Leechroot, wait.” Newt growled, but she didn’t hear, coursing away from them and disappearing.
Newt rose to this paws, prickled with fear, and bounded after her while the other two followed, Storm looking to him in worry.
He cleared a ridge quickly in pursuit of his daughter, only to slow in shock as a looming, dead forest came into view.
Gnarled, cracked and crimson trunks towered above them in an oppressive line. Twisted or dead themselves, they were blanketed in colorful fungi and gnarled moss. The giant trees who clung to life had warped strangely and blocked out the sun with thorned black leaves.
The forest sat low in the barren land, yet stood looming over them. It reminded Newt of the depths of the swamp, but somehow far more threatening.
Leech had frozen in front of the great trees, tail trailing on the ground, a small, still form against the strange wood and the red mist that rolled over the forest floor.
“Stay here.” Newt told the other two, hurrying down the slope to his daughter. Daunted by nearly nothing, the little hatchling seemed frozen against his legs.
“Leech, come along.” He growled firmly, noticing only a smear of blood and fur caught in the spiky grass at the edge of the trees; the end of the rabbit’s trail.

Pinglist
@Everburn
@Lionheart27
@sunnydaysss
Events
-Hatched the July egg, a Mirror! They'll come in later.
-Leveling the hatchlings!
-I've decided no more breeding except between dragons who have 2-3 genes each, since gening the G1s is already sapping all my money aha

1 2 3 4 5 6