Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | How to draw Capsule and Bee
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
[center][b]Some Very Bad Guides To Drawing Genes[/b][/center] Posting here as to not derail the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2671437]FRD thread[/url] which inspired this. Disclaimer: I'm not the greatest at drawing and not an expert at tutorials by any means, this is just to break down the shapes of what appears to be complex/intimidating looking genes. Feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear. @Eindride Scroll down for a very bad guide to drawing Bee! [center][b]capsule:[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/V5HJsBY.png[/img][/center] [center][b]bee[/b] (imgur compressed this absolute unit of a png so ignore the little artefacts, but you get the idea): [img]https://i.imgur.com/fPYRci9.jpg[/img][/center] Might do more of these if I find the time.
Some Very Bad Guides To Drawing Genes

Posting here as to not derail the FRD thread which inspired this.

Disclaimer: I'm not the greatest at drawing and not an expert at tutorials by any means, this is just to break down the shapes of what appears to be complex/intimidating looking genes.

Feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear.

@Eindride Scroll down for a very bad guide to drawing Bee!
capsule:

V5HJsBY.png
bee (imgur compressed this absolute unit of a png so ignore the little artefacts, but you get the idea):

fPYRci9.jpg

Might do more of these if I find the time.
PBPmTME.gifON4Butw.pngWoC6Dod.gif
@Quintillion
Thisb is SOO helpful, thank you so much. Please add me to a ping if you do more tutorials! ;v; <33
@Quintillion
Thisb is SOO helpful, thank you so much. Please add me to a ping if you do more tutorials! ;v; <33
Rene2.png

Wishlist
Art shop
xxxxxxxxx shellbubble.gif
@Eindride I'm glad you found it useful! :D And sure thing ^^
@Eindride I'm glad you found it useful! :D And sure thing ^^
@Quintillion

Omg finally a tutorial ;w; I had trouble with bee genes!! Now I finally know ToT thank you so much!!

Please ping me too if you made next tutorial, thank you!!

((Oops accidentally post twice, sorry ^^;))
@Quintillion

Omg finally a tutorial ;w; I had trouble with bee genes!! Now I finally know ToT thank you so much!!

Please ping me too if you made next tutorial, thank you!!

((Oops accidentally post twice, sorry ^^;))
sqXOa1X.gif Frionivalis | FR +14 or +15 (UTC +7) | A lore lair

Meepball Adopts Tailor Fae Subspecies
Sparkle Dreams Hatchery
My Experimental Writing, Feedbacks needed!
_____Fresh_Tailor_Fae_Signature_size.png
@Frionivalis Oh gosh, I'm glad it helped! And sure thing ^^

Let me know if you'd like any other particular gene covered next; making these are fun, but I would prefer them to be useful to people, which I assume a guide on very simple ones (eg. Underbelly or Stained) wouldn't be >v>
@Frionivalis Oh gosh, I'm glad it helped! And sure thing ^^

Let me know if you'd like any other particular gene covered next; making these are fun, but I would prefer them to be useful to people, which I assume a guide on very simple ones (eg. Underbelly or Stained) wouldn't be >v>
@Quintillion

Personally I have problems on making crystal/facet and I did see many people avoiding it, so it should be a good starting for you ^-^

I did see one tutorial for it but it looks a bit tedious as you have to manually draw the triangle reflection o.oll
@Quintillion

Personally I have problems on making crystal/facet and I did see many people avoiding it, so it should be a good starting for you ^-^

I did see one tutorial for it but it looks a bit tedious as you have to manually draw the triangle reflection o.oll

Sparkle Dreams Hatchery
@Frionivalis I assume you mean this one?

Yeah, I don't think there's an easy shortcut to those two, but a while ago I found this other one which, while it doesn't look exactly like the site art, seems much easier than manually drawing the refracted light. There's a texture and a bunch of brushes linked in there which might also help!
@Frionivalis I assume you mean this one?

Yeah, I don't think there's an easy shortcut to those two, but a while ago I found this other one which, while it doesn't look exactly like the site art, seems much easier than manually drawing the refracted light. There's a texture and a bunch of brushes linked in there which might also help!
@Quintillion

Uh huh yeah that one ^^; and I see ;w; I guess I will do the minimum version still then...rip lol but thank you anyway >w<
@Quintillion

Uh huh yeah that one ^^; and I see ;w; I guess I will do the minimum version still then...rip lol but thank you anyway >w<

Sparkle Dreams Hatchery
@Quintillion
I'm back again to tell you how much this saved me. Thank you so much again. ;v;
https://prnt.sc/ngsf6s
@Quintillion
I'm back again to tell you how much this saved me. Thank you so much again. ;v;
https://prnt.sc/ngsf6s
Rene2.png

Wishlist
Art shop
xxxxxxxxx shellbubble.gif
@Quintillion
Hecc I love!
@Quintillion
Hecc I love!
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page