Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 34
woops. forgot to remove bottom text, please ignore it i don't want to be double pinging people aaa
woops. forgot to remove bottom text, please ignore it i don't want to be double pinging people aaa
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
@demitri

Welcome back :D Hope you're doing okay too! I'd like to stay on the pinglist - this locke was and still is a joy to read. (binged the entire thing again when I got pinged, lol)
@demitri

Welcome back :D Hope you're doing okay too! I'd like to stay on the pinglist - this locke was and still is a joy to read. (binged the entire thing again when I got pinged, lol)
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Tirtouga678 ahh thank you so much!! i'm flattered that you'd tune in again, let alone re-read the entire thing! ;-;

(also don't mind me being all [eye emoji] at your lore threads... been a while since i've read some FR lore and i have missed it!)
@Tirtouga678 ahh thank you so much!! i'm flattered that you'd tune in again, let alone re-read the entire thing! ;-;

(also don't mind me being all [eye emoji] at your lore threads... been a while since i've read some FR lore and i have missed it!)

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
@demitri

ahhh thank you! yes FR lore is always a joy to read <3
@demitri

ahhh thank you! yes FR lore is always a joy to read <3
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@demitri Good to see this again! When I got the ping I actually made the o: face. Hope you're doing good too.
@demitri Good to see this again! When I got the ping I actually made the o: face. Hope you're doing good too.
@demitri Welcome back <3 Please keep me on the ping list, I'm still interested in seeing where this goes!
@demitri Welcome back <3 Please keep me on the ping list, I'm still interested in seeing where this goes!
2WRv2Ib.jpg

[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 90[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]119[/b] [s]Breeding/[/s]Other[/size][/font] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] I guess some things never change! I'm going to ignore breeding/new dragon rolls until I've gotten the ball rolling around here again, though. Anyway, thank you so much to everyone who decided to stick around, I really appreciate it! ;-; I've attached a brief story summary to the first page for anyone who needs a refresher! Perhaps we can do some soon, but for today it's a mini wardrobe update! [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55520170][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=55520170&skin=0&apparel=2979,2982,24731,21859,329&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52007305][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52007305&skin=0&apparel=20605,2855,20552,20599,20600&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52089358][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=52089358&skin=0&apparel=20549,352,13079,13815,13783,13825&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] The kids got some new strings! [s]With what limited apparel I have, LOL.[/s] [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn @windhound @Tirtouga678 @PaintedThree @Orodruin @xIridium @Tiffkaboo @Kestrad @TCJayFeather [/center]
Day 90

Breeding/Other

tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png

I guess some things never change! I'm going to ignore breeding/new dragon rolls until I've gotten the ball rolling around here again, though.

Anyway, thank you so much to everyone who decided to stick around, I really appreciate it! ;-; I've attached a brief story summary to the first page for anyone who needs a refresher!

Perhaps we can do some soon, but for today it's a mini wardrobe update!
dragon?did=55520170&skin=0&apparel=2979,2982,24731,21859,329&xt=dressing.png

dragon?did=52007305&skin=0&apparel=20605,2855,20552,20599,20600&xt=dressing.png

dragon?did=52089358&skin=0&apparel=20549,352,13079,13815,13783,13825&xt=dressing.png

The kids got some new strings! With what limited apparel I have, LOL.

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 91[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]20[/b] Death Streak[/size][/font] This is gonna be a two-parter! [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] It was strange, how the heart could grow accustomed to tragedy. It hurt at first, greatly, piercingly, but several days later Spindle was already starting to get back into the daily routine. Hunt, forage, babysit. Train the hatchlings too, because Asher couldn't anymore, and she knew he'd want her to keep his legacy. The house didn't feel the same, with her oldest friend and his mate gone, but Spindle had to keep going. There was no other choice out here. "HELP! H-hello? Anybody?!" Spindle looked up at the sound. It had been her turn to stay with Viola and Rowan today inside the house, and she'd been considering letting them outside to join the foraging efforts soon, but... The Mirror rushed outside. "What's going on?" Selena bolted towards Spindle. "They found him! Th-they're here!" she cried, eyes wide with frantic worry. "What are you talking about?" Spindle snapped, dread clawing at her chest. "Th-the Verity Order! They found Morgen, a-and Blodwyn too! Please, they're fighting for their lives!" Damn it. Spindle still hadn't gotten the full story out of that elusive Fae, and now this. "Where?" "This way..." "No, you stay here." Spindle broke into a sprint in the direction the Spiral had pointed, and hoped she wouldn't be too late. *** "Look," Jemire said proudly, gesturing towards the pot. Lyric did look, and sniffed the swirling green sludge inside, and sneezed. Jemire puffed out his chest. "Exactly! Isn't is amazing?" Lyric nodded, and then remembered Jemire wouldn't see that. "Mhm," she agreed happily, bouncing over to the pile of plants and herbs. "Can we make more?" "Well, I only have the one pot," Jemire pointed out, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "But if we hand out a portion of Greenergy to everyone tonight, we could start on a new project tomorrow. I have some ideas..." "Greenergy!" cheered Lyric, and the swarm of fireflies around Jemire mimicked her cry in a high-pitched buzz. "Hey, guys. What's Greenergy?" Iris, entering the cave with a breeze of cold wind following her in, now looked between the two with a curious smile. "It is what I have decided to name my latest creation," Jemire proclaimed proudly. "It's that thing we've been working on for a few weeks now. I've finalised the recipe! With the right amount of winterbelle shoots, speckled petunia leaves, some frosted violet roots, and just a dash of ice beetle dust..." He pointed grandly to the pot. "Voila. A sip of this should give any dragon a boost of energy." "Jemire, that's amazing!" Iris said, sniffing the pot herself. It had a grassy, thick scent that tickled her throat. She coughed, but soon smiled again. "I thought you only liked making poisons, though?" "Well, yes..." Jemire trailed off for a moment, glancing off to the side. "Consider this my one-time contribution to the Clan. A reflection of my gratitude, if you will. Following which I shall return to my own interests. No further contributions guaranteed." Iris snorted and giggled, Lyric joining in. "Okay, sounds good. I'm sure everyone will be very excited!" Jemire nodded in satisfaction. "Indeed. Have you come to assist us?" "Actually..." Iris leaned in towards the two, who returned the gesture. She lowered her thin, raspy voice to a quieter sound. "I've been looking for Minle," she confessed, her smile falling away to a worried grimace. "He just keeps disappearing lately. I haven't been able to find him today at all." Jemire frowned. "That brother of yours has always been the lonesome kind." "Well, yes, you're not wrong. But... I don't know." Iris sighed. "We used to spend a lot of time together as hatchlings, and then we sort of... drifted apart, I guess. But he's been so distant from everyone lately, I just... I just want to make sure he's alright. Except nobody's seen him today." "I saw Minle," Lyric piped up at that. "You have?" Iris asked with surprise. "Yes, I saw--" [i]"HELP! H-hello? Anybody?!"[/i] The three all jumped in surprise, and Iris cowered away from the cave entrance on instinct. "Wh-what was that?" Jemire narrowed his eyes and drifted towards the opening, the fireflies trailing out. "Mm... They're too far for me to see, but..." "It's mum!" Lyric cried suddenly, large ears twitching. "She's saying... she's saying...!" Iris picked up the little Fae and held her in her arms. "Shh, it's okay. We... I think we should stay here," the Nocturne said, trying to keep her voice from shaking. She was never good with things like this, but she didn't want to scare Lyric any further. "I'm sure they will keep us safe, and your mum too. Don't worry." She soothed the trembling hatchling, who cuddled into her crystal-covered hide as much as she could. With Lyric a little calmer, Iris looked up again. "Anything else, Jemi-- Jemire?!" But in the commotion the Spiral had slipped out of the cave, and he was nowhere in sight. Iris suddenly felt a lot more scared, and she held onto Lyric tighter. "Oh, no..." [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn @windhound @Tirtouga678 @PaintedThree @Orodruin @xIridium @Tiffkaboo @Kestrad @TCJayFeather [/center]
Day 91

Death Streak

This is gonna be a two-parter!

tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png

It was strange, how the heart could grow accustomed to tragedy. It hurt at first, greatly, piercingly, but several days later Spindle was already starting to get back into the daily routine. Hunt, forage, babysit. Train the hatchlings too, because Asher couldn't anymore, and she knew he'd want her to keep his legacy. The house didn't feel the same, with her oldest friend and his mate gone, but Spindle had to keep going. There was no other choice out here.

"HELP! H-hello? Anybody?!"

Spindle looked up at the sound. It had been her turn to stay with Viola and Rowan today inside the house, and she'd been considering letting them outside to join the foraging efforts soon, but...

The Mirror rushed outside. "What's going on?"

Selena bolted towards Spindle. "They found him! Th-they're here!" she cried, eyes wide with frantic worry.

"What are you talking about?" Spindle snapped, dread clawing at her chest.

"Th-the Verity Order! They found Morgen, a-and Blodwyn too! Please, they're fighting for their lives!"

Damn it. Spindle still hadn't gotten the full story out of that elusive Fae, and now this. "Where?"

"This way..."

"No, you stay here."

Spindle broke into a sprint in the direction the Spiral had pointed, and hoped she wouldn't be too late.

"Look," Jemire said proudly, gesturing towards the pot. Lyric did look, and sniffed the swirling green sludge inside, and sneezed. Jemire puffed out his chest. "Exactly! Isn't is amazing?"

Lyric nodded, and then remembered Jemire wouldn't see that. "Mhm," she agreed happily, bouncing over to the pile of plants and herbs. "Can we make more?"

"Well, I only have the one pot," Jemire pointed out, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "But if we hand out a portion of Greenergy to everyone tonight, we could start on a new project tomorrow. I have some ideas..."

"Greenergy!" cheered Lyric, and the swarm of fireflies around Jemire mimicked her cry in a high-pitched buzz.

"Hey, guys. What's Greenergy?"

Iris, entering the cave with a breeze of cold wind following her in, now looked between the two with a curious smile.

"It is what I have decided to name my latest creation," Jemire proclaimed proudly. "It's that thing we've been working on for a few weeks now. I've finalised the recipe! With the right amount of winterbelle shoots, speckled petunia leaves, some frosted violet roots, and just a dash of ice beetle dust..." He pointed grandly to the pot. "Voila. A sip of this should give any dragon a boost of energy."

"Jemire, that's amazing!" Iris said, sniffing the pot herself. It had a grassy, thick scent that tickled her throat. She coughed, but soon smiled again. "I thought you only liked making poisons, though?"

"Well, yes..." Jemire trailed off for a moment, glancing off to the side. "Consider this my one-time contribution to the Clan. A reflection of my gratitude, if you will. Following which I shall return to my own interests. No further contributions guaranteed."

Iris snorted and giggled, Lyric joining in. "Okay, sounds good. I'm sure everyone will be very excited!"

Jemire nodded in satisfaction. "Indeed. Have you come to assist us?"

"Actually..." Iris leaned in towards the two, who returned the gesture. She lowered her thin, raspy voice to a quieter sound. "I've been looking for Minle," she confessed, her smile falling away to a worried grimace. "He just keeps disappearing lately. I haven't been able to find him today at all."

Jemire frowned. "That brother of yours has always been the lonesome kind."

"Well, yes, you're not wrong. But... I don't know." Iris sighed. "We used to spend a lot of time together as hatchlings, and then we sort of... drifted apart, I guess. But he's been so distant from everyone lately, I just... I just want to make sure he's alright. Except nobody's seen him today."

"I saw Minle," Lyric piped up at that.

"You have?" Iris asked with surprise.

"Yes, I saw--"

"HELP! H-hello? Anybody?!"

The three all jumped in surprise, and Iris cowered away from the cave entrance on instinct. "Wh-what was that?"

Jemire narrowed his eyes and drifted towards the opening, the fireflies trailing out. "Mm... They're too far for me to see, but..."

"It's mum!" Lyric cried suddenly, large ears twitching. "She's saying... she's saying...!"

Iris picked up the little Fae and held her in her arms. "Shh, it's okay. We... I think we should stay here," the Nocturne said, trying to keep her voice from shaking. She was never good with things like this, but she didn't want to scare Lyric any further.

"I'm sure they will keep us safe, and your mum too. Don't worry." She soothed the trembling hatchling, who cuddled into her crystal-covered hide as much as she could. With Lyric a little calmer, Iris looked up again. "Anything else, Jemi-- Jemire?!"

But in the commotion the Spiral had slipped out of the cave, and he was nowhere in sight. Iris suddenly felt a lot more scared, and she held onto Lyric tighter. "Oh, no..."

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
Starting with a tragedy, huh? [emoji=coatl scared size=2][emoji=coatl sad size=2]
Starting with a tragedy, huh?
2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Drachenschwinge that roll really destroyed so many of my plans for the next updates, LOL. but well, that's part of what makes lockes fun! :')
@Drachenschwinge that roll really destroyed so many of my plans for the next updates, LOL. but well, that's part of what makes lockes fun! :')

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 34