Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Ari's Art Trades [closed]
1 2 3 4 5 6
@arikin I'd much rather them dragons, not gijinkas :3
As for your dragons, I think I'll do Raine!!

I'm jealous of how fast you finish art lol
@arikin I'd much rather them dragons, not gijinkas :3
As for your dragons, I think I'll do Raine!!

I'm jealous of how fast you finish art lol
queen_katoe.gif
@QueenKatoe - working on your sketch now, think I'm going with Cheshire this time around! As for finishing art fast... lots of practice to get it down to what I've got now, and that's still longer than I'd like, since the SD on the front page took me over four hours (my dA says ~4 but I was lacking sleep so who knows the actual time) when I'd like a piece like that to take me three or less. I want to spend more time shading than I do cleaning up lines and ensuring that the color is where I want it to be.

As for my estimations... that's with me getting home from work and throwing myself into art as a way to help me heal and improve at the same time, I normally would only do one or two commissions a week with a 40hr job.

---

In other news, waiting on roadworthy to okay the sketch before I post it here.
@QueenKatoe - working on your sketch now, think I'm going with Cheshire this time around! As for finishing art fast... lots of practice to get it down to what I've got now, and that's still longer than I'd like, since the SD on the front page took me over four hours (my dA says ~4 but I was lacking sleep so who knows the actual time) when I'd like a piece like that to take me three or less. I want to spend more time shading than I do cleaning up lines and ensuring that the color is where I want it to be.

As for my estimations... that's with me getting home from work and throwing myself into art as a way to help me heal and improve at the same time, I normally would only do one or two commissions a week with a 40hr job.

---

In other news, waiting on roadworthy to okay the sketch before I post it here.

AkOZ5Yr.pngnSTdg6R.pngflDElsB.png

QxphrKe.png4s6Iakb.pngkFfQCmO.png
@QueenKatoe - got the sketch started for you to lemme know if I've got the character down (roughly) or if I'm way off base with him. Since his bio says he's scholarly and being an expert in the ways of magic - I decided to take an approach as if he were just learning about new magic - hence the unknown sparkly he's gazing in awe at ^_^;; I've got his wings folded for the pose to work, else you'd lose half his face at a minimum. [img]https://i.imgur.com/dorFwgb.png[/img]
@QueenKatoe - got the sketch started for you to lemme know if I've got the character down (roughly) or if I'm way off base with him. Since his bio says he's scholarly and being an expert in the ways of magic - I decided to take an approach as if he were just learning about new magic - hence the unknown sparkly he's gazing in awe at ^_^;;

I've got his wings folded for the pose to work, else you'd lose half his face at a minimum.

dorFwgb.png

@arikin Wow, I love it so far!! Can't wait to see the finished product aahhh
@arikin Wow, I love it so far!! Can't wait to see the finished product aahhh
queen_katoe.gif
@QueenKatoe - Felt motivated today - so I've got the base flats in and pretty much finished the face except for shading. Added a black background to ensure I wasn't dealing with semi-transparent pixels in the main body. Handy trick for me when working digital, especially when working with whites. I use whites against blacks, blues against oranges, etc. On a different layer so I can just get rid of it in the end. Lines are semi transparent and set to multiply - so they will show up on the final piece, but will blend with the colors of the end result. I'll be working on the tail and apparel tomorrow, hopefully I'll clean up and mark in the leg apparel as well. [img]https://img00.deviantart.net/ba3c/i/2018/281/0/e/queenkatoe___cheshire___flats_cleaner_sketch___2___by_forevereryn-dcoyspo.png[/img]
@QueenKatoe - Felt motivated today - so I've got the base flats in and pretty much finished the face except for shading.

Added a black background to ensure I wasn't dealing with semi-transparent pixels in the main body. Handy trick for me when working digital, especially when working with whites. I use whites against blacks, blues against oranges, etc. On a different layer so I can just get rid of it in the end.

Lines are semi transparent and set to multiply - so they will show up on the final piece, but will blend with the colors of the end result.

I'll be working on the tail and apparel tomorrow, hopefully I'll clean up and mark in the leg apparel as well.

queenkatoe___cheshire___flats_cleaner_sketch___2___by_forevereryn-dcoyspo.png

Ooo nice style! Can I do a trade with you? You can see my art with examples here:)
Please pm me if you want to do a trade!!
Ooo nice style! Can I do a trade with you? You can see my art with examples here:)
Please pm me if you want to do a trade!!
BzkZRHK.png ______ ____
DCX1dl2.png____DCX1dl2.png
______ >>sav
>>fr + 0
>> z0ruas (with a zero)
______ ____
@satanbacons - sure, wanna fill out one of my forms? Post #3 on page 1 ^_^
@satanbacons - sure, wanna fill out one of my forms? Post #3 on page 1 ^_^

Sure thing, sorry about that! I didn’t see it haha
Username: satanbacons
Request type: headshot flat color
What do you want me to draw?:Invey
What are you comfortable/confident drawing?: dragons and humans
What do you want to improve on?: dogs, cats, birds
Examples:forum post
When will your portion of this trade be completed?: at most 1 week
Sure thing, sorry about that! I didn’t see it haha
Username: satanbacons
Request type: headshot flat color
What do you want me to draw?:Invey
What are you comfortable/confident drawing?: dragons and humans
What do you want to improve on?: dogs, cats, birds
Examples:forum post
When will your portion of this trade be completed?: at most 1 week
BzkZRHK.png ______ ____
______ >>sav
>>fr + 0
>> z0ruas (with a zero)
______ ____
@satanbacons - I can do that! ^_^

And hmm... dogs, cats, and birds - Skydancers have feathers which will help with drawing birds in the future, and their faces have the facial structure similar to a Saluki (dog breed) with a beak protrusion at the end. I don't have any refs specific to those species (yet) so if you'd like to do one of the following dragons as a dog, feel free! Let the creativity flow! ^_^

Mori, Nym, or Ana

I'll estimate completion by 10/11. Should be able to get the rough sketch done tomorrow ^_^
@satanbacons - I can do that! ^_^

And hmm... dogs, cats, and birds - Skydancers have feathers which will help with drawing birds in the future, and their faces have the facial structure similar to a Saluki (dog breed) with a beak protrusion at the end. I don't have any refs specific to those species (yet) so if you'd like to do one of the following dragons as a dog, feel free! Let the creativity flow! ^_^

Mori, Nym, or Ana

I'll estimate completion by 10/11. Should be able to get the rough sketch done tomorrow ^_^

I’ll happily draw Mori— I love fire designs sm >:D
I’ll see when I can get her sketch done, but once I do it I’ll pm it to ya ;)
I’ll happily draw Mori— I love fire designs sm >:D
I’ll see when I can get her sketch done, but once I do it I’ll pm it to ya ;)
BzkZRHK.png ______ ____
______ >>sav
>>fr + 0
>> z0ruas (with a zero)
______ ____
1 2 3 4 5 6