Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Open lore project - S.H.I.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36 37
Okay so I probably want to join this with Scorn, who I have been calling a reaper but I like this idea so that's gonna change probably. However, the current lore I have involves him being, well, scorned from his original purpose--in this case the S.H.I--because of corruption in the higher ups who simply want to move souls as quick as possible without care for the souls themselves. Long story short, Scorn didn't like that and therefore didn't do that with high levels of sass, which got him exiled.

Now, I wouldn't really want to change this lore because it ties in with his boyfriend and why he turned up in my clan. I was wondering if that lore would be feasible in this setting? Is there a ranking system within the S.H.I.? If there is, I'll be back to put in my application!
Okay so I probably want to join this with Scorn, who I have been calling a reaper but I like this idea so that's gonna change probably. However, the current lore I have involves him being, well, scorned from his original purpose--in this case the S.H.I--because of corruption in the higher ups who simply want to move souls as quick as possible without care for the souls themselves. Long story short, Scorn didn't like that and therefore didn't do that with high levels of sass, which got him exiled.

Now, I wouldn't really want to change this lore because it ties in with his boyfriend and why he turned up in my clan. I was wondering if that lore would be feasible in this setting? Is there a ranking system within the S.H.I.? If there is, I'll be back to put in my application!
Wishlist (for now)
@Shihana

Looking forward to seeing you again >:3
@Shihana

Looking forward to seeing you again >:3
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Redtiger7736

I think your lore and the S.H.I. lore could go hand in hand!
I always imagine my dragons on top (not really the leaders or anything, just the ones who know what needs to be done while still doing the same jobs as everyone else) and they do everything with good intentions, so I don't see them not caring for the souls.
BUT
I also imagine that every region/flight has their own smaller branch, and it's completely plausible not every branch has the same good intention. So, maybe your derg did some tasks within a certain branch that just... didn't care about the souls at all.
Hope that works with your lore? I'd also love to hear some more about Scorn's lore, it sounds interesting!

Also, if my dergs got wind of the exiling of your derg for trying to do the right thing, they will definitely beat some dragon *** and make you the new leader in that branch. Just saying.

@Redtiger7736

I think your lore and the S.H.I. lore could go hand in hand!
I always imagine my dragons on top (not really the leaders or anything, just the ones who know what needs to be done while still doing the same jobs as everyone else) and they do everything with good intentions, so I don't see them not caring for the souls.
BUT
I also imagine that every region/flight has their own smaller branch, and it's completely plausible not every branch has the same good intention. So, maybe your derg did some tasks within a certain branch that just... didn't care about the souls at all.
Hope that works with your lore? I'd also love to hear some more about Scorn's lore, it sounds interesting!

Also, if my dergs got wind of the exiling of your derg for trying to do the right thing, they will definitely beat some dragon *** and make you the new leader in that branch. Just saying.

mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
Wonderful! Maybe theres a branch of hunters (which is what he would be I think) that works in the Shifting Expanse and have picked up the mannerisms of lightning dragons, that is, focused on production. That would explain why the higher ups would disregard the care for souls and just try and get them where they belong as fast as possible. Even as a hunter, Scorn still holds value for the souls and takes care of them best he can while getting them to the gate. Maybe he doesn't meet whatever quota is set for him, or maybe he refuses to use force against benevolent spirits and is therefore exiled? Eventually word will get to your dragons and they will fix things, but we can work those details out later. For now I'll do the application. Username: Redtiger7736 Dragon link: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42719744] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/427198/42719744_350.png[/img] [/url] (he's gonna get a katana when I can afford it) Dragon description: Scorn tends to be a very deceptive dragon, preferring to keep his previous life to himself and not really into socializing with other dragons. He is a very tough and rugged dragon who is able to survive the harsh elements of the Shifting Expanse. He is tends to be hardworking and focused upon his job, planning his day around hunting down malevolent souls with the occasional off day. However, his planning will only ever go as far as where he intends to hunt that day; any actions are usually rash and impulsive, leaving him to rely on instinct. His relations within his base clan are limited, mostly due to the nature of his job and his lack of care for socializing. He does have a romantic relationship with the angel [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=192055&tab=dragon&did=39454972]Aetherorth[/url] and occasionally works alongside the necromancer [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=192055&tab=dragon&did=42312556]Zegami[/url] when dealing with unfamiliar creatures he is not qualified to return to the Gate. Friendly speaking terms are rare with scorn, but gravedigger [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=192055&did=38226312]Rylith[/url] and faux reaper [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=192055&did=34392490]Shaleek[/url] have managed such a feat. I have also been playing around with the idea of his pearl breaking at one point and he lost a shard, so he has a memory lapse, but I haven't made it official yet. Task and why: Soul Hunter, he enjoys the adventure aspect of the job and the toughness that is required for it. He also deeply cares for the souls he captures, even if he uses force to get them to the Gate, he wants to bring malevolent souls back to where they belong and set them free. He's also not one to sit around and simply guard things, but prefers to take an active role and fix the problem. Dragon open for RP?: Tentatively yes, I may not always be able to roleplay due to school but it never hurts to ask.
Wonderful! Maybe theres a branch of hunters (which is what he would be I think) that works in the Shifting Expanse and have picked up the mannerisms of lightning dragons, that is, focused on production. That would explain why the higher ups would disregard the care for souls and just try and get them where they belong as fast as possible. Even as a hunter, Scorn still holds value for the souls and takes care of them best he can while getting them to the gate. Maybe he doesn't meet whatever quota is set for him, or maybe he refuses to use force against benevolent spirits and is therefore exiled? Eventually word will get to your dragons and they will fix things, but we can work those details out later. For now I'll do the application.

Username: Redtiger7736
Dragon link:
42719744_350.png

(he's gonna get a katana when I can afford it)
Dragon description: Scorn tends to be a very deceptive dragon, preferring to keep his previous life to himself and not really into socializing with other dragons. He is a very tough and rugged dragon who is able to survive the harsh elements of the Shifting Expanse. He is tends to be hardworking and focused upon his job, planning his day around hunting down malevolent souls with the occasional off day. However, his planning will only ever go as far as where he intends to hunt that day; any actions are usually rash and impulsive, leaving him to rely on instinct. His relations within his base clan are limited, mostly due to the nature of his job and his lack of care for socializing. He does have a romantic relationship with the angel Aetherorth and occasionally works alongside the necromancer Zegami when dealing with unfamiliar creatures he is not qualified to return to the Gate. Friendly speaking terms are rare with scorn, but gravedigger Rylith and faux reaper Shaleek have managed such a feat. I have also been playing around with the idea of his pearl breaking at one point and he lost a shard, so he has a memory lapse, but I haven't made it official yet.
Task and why: Soul Hunter, he enjoys the adventure aspect of the job and the toughness that is required for it. He also deeply cares for the souls he captures, even if he uses force to get them to the Gate, he wants to bring malevolent souls back to where they belong and set them free. He's also not one to sit around and simply guard things, but prefers to take an active role and fix the problem.
Dragon open for RP?: Tentatively yes, I may not always be able to roleplay due to school but it never hurts to ask.
Wishlist (for now)
@Redtiger7736

Welcome to the S.H.I. :D

That's a cool idea! I can imagine S.H.I. members will adopt certain behaviour that fits the region, so that makes sense!
If you ever want to expand your lore and add a part where Scorn gets exonerated, hit me up >:3

He looks freaking awesome, that's for sure! The pearl-breaking idea is really neat, I'd love to read about it if you ever add that to his lore.
I've added him to the list ~

For the RP: There's no real interest in RP atm, but I can add your derg with the label 'tentative' if you like? If so, could you fill in this form please:
Quote:
Dragon: name+link
Description: (their task within the S.H.I., personality, alignment - anything important.
Type of RP: romance, drama, action, adventure, etc.
For an example, check this post ~

And again, welcome ^^
@Redtiger7736

Welcome to the S.H.I. :D

That's a cool idea! I can imagine S.H.I. members will adopt certain behaviour that fits the region, so that makes sense!
If you ever want to expand your lore and add a part where Scorn gets exonerated, hit me up >:3

He looks freaking awesome, that's for sure! The pearl-breaking idea is really neat, I'd love to read about it if you ever add that to his lore.
I've added him to the list ~

For the RP: There's no real interest in RP atm, but I can add your derg with the label 'tentative' if you like? If so, could you fill in this form please:
Quote:
Description: (their task within the S.H.I., personality, alignment - anything important.
For an example, check this post ~

And again, welcome ^^
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
Once I finish my creative writing story this Friday I'll probably take you up on that, always love me some lore building! I've got to go do homework now but hopefully I get the chance to write up his lore soon. Here's the rp form! Dragon: Scorn [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42719744] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/427198/42719744_350.png[/img] [/url] Description: Scorn is a dedicated soul hunter within the S.H.I who throws himself into his work without question. Despite his antisocial and impulsive nature, Scorn holds the morals of soul hunting in high regard; he does his best to deliver all malevolent souls as safely as possible, and he absolutely refuses to use force on benevolent souls. He harbors mistrust for the higher ups of the S.H.I. due to being temporarily exiled by corrupt officials in the Shifting Expanse. Relations with Scorn are difficult due to his distaste for social outings and his busy work schedule, but sharing his hardy nature and survivalist instincts goes a long way to win his favor. Type of RP: drama, action, adventure. Romance is an okay subplot but he won't be involved (already taken).
Once I finish my creative writing story this Friday I'll probably take you up on that, always love me some lore building! I've got to go do homework now but hopefully I get the chance to write up his lore soon. Here's the rp form!

Dragon: Scorn

42719744_350.png

Description: Scorn is a dedicated soul hunter within the S.H.I who throws himself into his work without question. Despite his antisocial and impulsive nature, Scorn holds the morals of soul hunting in high regard; he does his best to deliver all malevolent souls as safely as possible, and he absolutely refuses to use force on benevolent souls. He harbors mistrust for the higher ups of the S.H.I. due to being temporarily exiled by corrupt officials in the Shifting Expanse. Relations with Scorn are difficult due to his distaste for social outings and his busy work schedule, but sharing his hardy nature and survivalist instincts goes a long way to win his favor.
Type of RP: drama, action, adventure. Romance is an okay subplot but he won't be involved (already taken).
Wishlist (for now)
This looks super cool! Is it alright if I sign up two dragons at once? They're siblings and I'd love for them both to join!

Username: @Crookedhalo1109
Dragon link: Quagmire
Dragon description: Quagmire "Mire" is a very mellow and calm dragon. He's never been known to get upset or angry. On the other side, he's never enthusiastic or joyful either. Mire likes to sleep and often takes midday naps, he claims his work is exhausting, but it's most likely laziness. The dragons of his clan always gravitate toward him whenever they're feeling unsettled because he has a very calming presence. Hatchlings also adore him, though he doesn't share the feeling.
Task and why: Soul Collector. Mire would be very suited to the position due to his calm demeanor. He doesn't shy away from death and he is not easily fazed.
Dragon open for RP?: Yes!

Dragon link: Fen
Dragon description: Fen is Quagmire's younger brother. He's quite different from him. Instead of being calm and gentle, he's rather intense. Focused on learning as much as possible from when he was a hatchling, the brothers' shared den is practically more extensive than the clan's library(quite an impressive achievement, considering it's a clan of storytellers). As soon as he discovered the supernatural, he was enthralled. Specifically, the science of the gates and anything concerning the otherworld.
Task and why: Gatekeeper. Fen has an analytical mind and an obsession with the gates. He could work in tandem with his brother to quickly guide benevolent spirits to the other side. While he isn't the best at interacting with other agents, Mire can smooth tensions and ensure smooth interactions whenever possible.
This looks super cool! Is it alright if I sign up two dragons at once? They're siblings and I'd love for them both to join!

Dragon link: Quagmire
Dragon description: Quagmire "Mire" is a very mellow and calm dragon. He's never been known to get upset or angry. On the other side, he's never enthusiastic or joyful either. Mire likes to sleep and often takes midday naps, he claims his work is exhausting, but it's most likely laziness. The dragons of his clan always gravitate toward him whenever they're feeling unsettled because he has a very calming presence. Hatchlings also adore him, though he doesn't share the feeling.
Task and why: Soul Collector. Mire would be very suited to the position due to his calm demeanor. He doesn't shy away from death and he is not easily fazed.

Dragon link: Fen
Dragon description: Fen is Quagmire's younger brother. He's quite different from him. Instead of being calm and gentle, he's rather intense. Focused on learning as much as possible from when he was a hatchling, the brothers' shared den is practically more extensive than the clan's library(quite an impressive achievement, considering it's a clan of storytellers). As soon as he discovered the supernatural, he was enthralled. Specifically, the science of the gates and anything concerning the otherworld.
Task and why: Gatekeeper. Fen has an analytical mind and an obsession with the gates. He could work in tandem with his brother to quickly guide benevolent spirits to the other side. While he isn't the best at interacting with other agents, Mire can smooth tensions and ensure smooth interactions whenever possible.
giphy.gif
@Redtiger7736

Added Scorn to the Roleplay Hub!
Good luck with your story and homework >:3
@Redtiger7736

Added Scorn to the Roleplay Hub!
Good luck with your story and homework >:3
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@Crookedhalo1109

Welcome :D
You can sign up as many dragons as you like! I added your dragons ^^

For the RP, could you please fill in this form for them both? Then I can add you to the RP Hub ~
Quote:
Description: (their task within the S.H.I., personality, alignment - anything important.)
For an example, check this post!
@Crookedhalo1109

Welcome :D
You can sign up as many dragons as you like! I added your dragons ^^

For the RP, could you please fill in this form for them both? Then I can add you to the RP Hub ~
Quote:
Description: (their task within the S.H.I., personality, alignment - anything important.)
For an example, check this post!
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
((Can do, thanks for having me!))

Dragon: Quagmire
Description: Quagmire is a soul collector for the S.H.I. He's entirely calm and quite good at listening. His twin brother is Fen, and they work together on most missions.
Type of RP: Pretty much anything! Preferably with Fen!

Dragon: Fen
Description: Fen is a gatekeeper with the S.H.I. He's quite serious and intense about his job, and his temper is quite easily ignited. His twin brother tends to cool his temper quite a bit.
Type of RP: Pretty much anything! Preferably with Quagmire!
((Can do, thanks for having me!))

Dragon: Quagmire
Description: Quagmire is a soul collector for the S.H.I. He's entirely calm and quite good at listening. His twin brother is Fen, and they work together on most missions.
Type of RP: Pretty much anything! Preferably with Fen!

Dragon: Fen
Description: Fen is a gatekeeper with the S.H.I. He's quite serious and intense about his job, and his temper is quite easily ignited. His twin brother tends to cool his temper quite a bit.
Type of RP: Pretty much anything! Preferably with Quagmire!
giphy.gif
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36 37