Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Pricing Help??
I wanna make dragon cash and/or real cash but I need help pricing stuff )': first thing is some wildclaw adopts. all I have is a sketch bc I'm still trying to see if there's interest and keeping a pinglist in the adopt forums here's the sketch: [img]https://i.snag.gy/vO6Kcb.jpg[/img] what should the base price be? what should I charge per gene? what should I charge for apparel and accents, or should those be bribe only? (also if interested in the pinglist please let me know!) [b]the next is semi symmetrical headshots [/b] here[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2468589]'[/url]s my thread for them I seem to have them way over priced for FR ): I don't want to way under price because I have wrist pain often and a single drawing takes me hours usually, but I'd like to at least get buyers, so what should I lower these to?
I wanna make dragon cash and/or real cash but I need help pricing stuff )':

first thing is some wildclaw adopts. all I have is a sketch bc I'm still trying to see if there's interest and keeping a pinglist in the adopt forums
here's the sketch:
vO6Kcb.jpg
what should the base price be? what should I charge per gene? what should I charge for apparel and accents, or should those be bribe only?
(also if interested in the pinglist please let me know!)

the next is semi symmetrical headshots
here's my thread for them
I seem to have them way over priced for FR ): I don't want to way under price because I have wrist pain often and a single drawing takes me hours usually, but I'd like to at least get buyers, so what should I lower these to?
juunebugs_on_fr_by_sensiblesoap-dch9pf9.png 115x3_transparent_spacer_by_sensiblesoap-dch8kta.png
I don't sub to most threads, please ping me!
FR+2

wishlist | art shop
115x3_transparent_spacer_by_sensiblesoap-dch8kta.png juunebugs_on_fr1_by_sensiblesoap-dch9pf3.png
200tk-250kt would be a good base price with additional fees for harder/ new genes or apparel or skins.
for help with pricing 100 gems is equal to 1 dollar. so for a simple headshot a common price would be 100-200 gems but you have them equal to 16 dollars. its not a bad thing to do since you should never under price yourself but i would do around 300-500 g/kt if you wanted on site currency?
I really like how you do your lines! they look so clean
200tk-250kt would be a good base price with additional fees for harder/ new genes or apparel or skins.
for help with pricing 100 gems is equal to 1 dollar. so for a simple headshot a common price would be 100-200 gems but you have them equal to 16 dollars. its not a bad thing to do since you should never under price yourself but i would do around 300-500 g/kt if you wanted on site currency?
I really like how you do your lines! they look so clean
Kris/Phlox
Hungry Hatchlings Food bank
Lotsa gaolers shack
TE free bios & graphics
pumpkaboo_pixel_art__by_thelunarcrash-d6pakoo.png Other shops
HHFB Donor Raffle
TE Art portfolio
TE bio shop
@TerminalEternity
should the 200kt included finished genes? if so, would it be more profitable to lower the base price and ask a fee for each gene (other than belly of course)?

I do know the g:usd rate, that's why I priced them how they are now bc I didn't want to severely undercharge + I charged more for onsite currency to encourage buying in usd
anything under $5 or the equivalent doesn't really feel super worth it, it takes me a while to do them /':
do you think if I decreased the raise in price for the g/t, ie charging maybe $5 still but for onsite, ~600g/600kt for the simpler option would sell at all?

and thank you!
@TerminalEternity
should the 200kt included finished genes? if so, would it be more profitable to lower the base price and ask a fee for each gene (other than belly of course)?

I do know the g:usd rate, that's why I priced them how they are now bc I didn't want to severely undercharge + I charged more for onsite currency to encourage buying in usd
anything under $5 or the equivalent doesn't really feel super worth it, it takes me a while to do them /':
do you think if I decreased the raise in price for the g/t, ie charging maybe $5 still but for onsite, ~600g/600kt for the simpler option would sell at all?

and thank you!
juunebugs_on_fr_by_sensiblesoap-dch9pf9.png 115x3_transparent_spacer_by_sensiblesoap-dch8kta.png
FR+2

wishlist | art shop
115x3_transparent_spacer_by_sensiblesoap-dch8kta.png juunebugs_on_fr1_by_sensiblesoap-dch9pf3.png
@sensiblesoap
I think 200kt with additional fees(50-100kt/g) for each gene unless you are going to use the same gene bases. Most adopt makers charge to fund each gene so they have a base for each gene but if you are going to redraw every gene each time then yes i would charge for each gene every order.

Honestly the prices on headshots are so low on this site im not sure about pricing. I would try lowering it to 600G if you are comfortable with doing so. Most people shark for the lowest priced shops despite quality so it makes it hard to get fr currency for non premade art, adopts (especially with reused gene bases)are an easier way to get currency if you have pain issues.
So I would lower the price only if you feel like you want more business in fr currency because your cash price is fair. I would keep the shop open even if it doesnt get alot of business because i know people will pay for oc art.
I hope this all makes sense im typing and painting my nails
@sensiblesoap
I think 200kt with additional fees(50-100kt/g) for each gene unless you are going to use the same gene bases. Most adopt makers charge to fund each gene so they have a base for each gene but if you are going to redraw every gene each time then yes i would charge for each gene every order.

Honestly the prices on headshots are so low on this site im not sure about pricing. I would try lowering it to 600G if you are comfortable with doing so. Most people shark for the lowest priced shops despite quality so it makes it hard to get fr currency for non premade art, adopts (especially with reused gene bases)are an easier way to get currency if you have pain issues.
So I would lower the price only if you feel like you want more business in fr currency because your cash price is fair. I would keep the shop open even if it doesnt get alot of business because i know people will pay for oc art.
I hope this all makes sense im typing and painting my nails
Kris/Phlox
Lotsa gaolers shack
TE free bios & graphics
HHFB Donor Raffle
TE Art portfolio
TE bio shop
@TerminalEternity

I'd be reusing what genes I could but probably charging extra to "sponsor" a gene
in my old shop I charged a very small fee for already completed genes (like 5k) would that be fair or do ppl prefer not to pay extra at all for genes that are just recolored?
idk if ppl would pay 200k in general for my adopt tho so I might start it off cheaper but idk where to start.... esp right at the begging when not many genes will be finished....

uhg yeah.... I'll do that, just keep it open and hope someone buys but prob mostly just try to start up this adopt shop if I can get enough on the pinglist

I might do a smaller adopt like super small RBs or something to get an easier (and cheaper to buy) start back into making adopts while still gaining some views on the thread which I could use for both when I finish the wc base .... hmmmm
@TerminalEternity

I'd be reusing what genes I could but probably charging extra to "sponsor" a gene
in my old shop I charged a very small fee for already completed genes (like 5k) would that be fair or do ppl prefer not to pay extra at all for genes that are just recolored?
idk if ppl would pay 200k in general for my adopt tho so I might start it off cheaper but idk where to start.... esp right at the begging when not many genes will be finished....

uhg yeah.... I'll do that, just keep it open and hope someone buys but prob mostly just try to start up this adopt shop if I can get enough on the pinglist

I might do a smaller adopt like super small RBs or something to get an easier (and cheaper to buy) start back into making adopts while still gaining some views on the thread which I could use for both when I finish the wc base .... hmmmm
FR+2

wishlist | art shop
@sensiblesoap
the 5K fee is totally reasonable, people probably wont want to pay it but its low enough that they will.
If 200 is too high for you to be comfy with maybe start at 100-175?

Add me to the pinglist!
Skydancers and coalts are the most popular but id also like a ping if you do ridgies!
@sensiblesoap
the 5K fee is totally reasonable, people probably wont want to pay it but its low enough that they will.
If 200 is too high for you to be comfy with maybe start at 100-175?

Add me to the pinglist!
Skydancers and coalts are the most popular but id also like a ping if you do ridgies!
Kris/Phlox
Lotsa gaolers shack
TE free bios & graphics
HHFB Donor Raffle
TE Art portfolio
TE bio shop
@TerminalEternity

I think I might do that then, esp if I lower the base price a lot?
oh I'm totally comfortable charging a higher amount I'm just worried people won't pay it ;; even 100kt I'm not sure ppl would pay for these?

sure thing! did you mean the WCs too or just the ridgies? 0: (sry just want to make sure so you don't get an unwanted ping!)
@TerminalEternity

I think I might do that then, esp if I lower the base price a lot?
oh I'm totally comfortable charging a higher amount I'm just worried people won't pay it ;; even 100kt I'm not sure ppl would pay for these?

sure thing! did you mean the WCs too or just the ridgies? 0: (sry just want to make sure so you don't get an unwanted ping!)
FR+2

wishlist | art shop
I regularly pay 100kt for adopts and the stores are fairly busy.
I would like a ping for both!
I regularly pay 100kt for adopts and the stores are fairly busy.
I would like a ping for both!
Kris/Phlox
Lotsa gaolers shack
TE free bios & graphics
HHFB Donor Raffle
TE Art portfolio
TE bio shop