Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Everything’s Fine: A Timelocke
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 39 40
@relics I’ll keep you posted, hopefully nothing happens in 5 days.
Edit: whoops sorry whoever Telics is...
@relics I’ll keep you posted, hopefully nothing happens in 5 days.
Edit: whoops sorry whoever Telics is...
i-48571.gif

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

Can you add me to the pinglist? This timelocke is really cool.
@Shadowbirch

Can you add me to the pinglist? This timelocke is really cool.
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
@Shadowbirch

Wisteria sounds so pretty!!! And oh my goodness I love Nightlock!
@Shadowbirch

Wisteria sounds so pretty!!! And oh my goodness I love Nightlock!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@V88 sure thing!

@petall I hope neither of them die....
@V88 sure thing!

@petall I hope neither of them die....
i-48571.gif

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 18: Everything’s Okay[/b] Roll: 116, neutral [item=moth-eaten mith doll][item=Seeker orb][item=moth-eaten mith doll] Wisteria dreamed of a lush field of flowers. The sky was a pale teal, clouds lazily floating across it from time to time. She laid on her back before she finally arose in her dream. Before her stood two figures. They were hazy at first, just two blue dots on the horizon. It became clearer that the figures were Azul and Palustris once they got closer. Azul was wheezing, his mouth filled with heaps of dandelion clouds. His cyan eyes were clouded over. Palustris was almost a skeleton, his form shriveled to reveal his skeleton underneath. Kelp was floating from in between his scales, almost three feet long and trailing into the sky. Wisteria watched in terror as her nightmares began to speak. A hoarse wheezing voice told her of how her plants, her newest parts of her, were dangerous, were a threat to all she held dear. A dry voice, a voice sucked of emotion and life, described the horrors of what the plants would do, what they were, and how they could never be rid of them, even in death. Vines grew from her skin, thorny and pitch black, and began to wrap around her neck, spraying crimson splotches of blood into the surrounding violets. The vines grew tighter and tighter, digging into flesh, into bone... Wisteria awoke in a cold sweat, clutching her neck. A small flock of lovebirds flew from her branching antlers, and she patted down all her plants to confirm that none of the plants were remotely thorny or pitch black. Nightlock lay in a heap of glowing flowers and apparel, sleeping lightly in case of intruders. Wisteria plucked a small milkweed flower from her wings, placed it in noghtlock’s food pile, and then went to the clearing’s edge to fish for the day, on edge. Nightlock rose shortly after, and kept weaving baskets and improving his huts for the day. Wisteria hummed a song from her native homelands at dinner, a ballad of a young guardian going on the search for her charge. It wasn’t always in coatl, but it helped calm Wisteria down enough to sleep. There weren’t any more nightmares. Everything was okay. [rule] Nobody watched the experiments while they slept. Ti and Alastra has become numb to the world, counting down the days until the next subject’s release. They both sat at their desks, slowly waiting as time ticked by. A small whiteboard sat next to the monitor board, reading “It has been [2] days since accident/death of subjects” and a small smiley face. When the sun rose, they both sat down in their spots in front of the monitor and waited. The Head stopped by at one point at midday, and managed to smile and nod at the two apathetic scientists. Everything was going to be okay, they said when Alastra took the job. Oh, how they were wrong. Pinglist: @ ilimati @ petall @ relics @ nalrene @ storytellerivy @ neonkitty @ cosmictrash @ qthorse1 @ V88 @ dovalore Nightmares! Death! Flowers! All right here, on your friendly neighborhood Timelocke, Everything’s Fine. Jokes aside, I’m praying for nobody else to die. I’m too attached to them all, which is quite the problem.
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 18: Everything’s Okay
Roll: 116, neutral
Moth-eaten Mith Doll Seeker Orb Moth-eaten Mith Doll

Wisteria dreamed of a lush field of flowers. The sky was a pale teal, clouds lazily floating across it from time to time. She laid on her back before she finally arose in her dream.

Before her stood two figures. They were hazy at first, just two blue dots on the horizon. It became clearer that the figures were Azul and Palustris once they got closer. Azul was wheezing, his mouth filled with heaps of dandelion clouds. His cyan eyes were clouded over. Palustris was almost a skeleton, his form shriveled to reveal his skeleton underneath. Kelp was floating from in between his scales, almost three feet long and trailing into the sky. Wisteria watched in terror as her nightmares began to speak. A hoarse wheezing voice told her of how her plants, her newest parts of her, were dangerous, were a threat to all she held dear. A dry voice, a voice sucked of emotion and life, described the horrors of what the plants would do, what they were, and how they could never be rid of them, even in death. Vines grew from her skin, thorny and pitch black, and began to wrap around her neck, spraying crimson splotches of blood into the surrounding violets. The vines grew tighter and tighter, digging into flesh, into bone...

Wisteria awoke in a cold sweat, clutching her neck. A small flock of lovebirds flew from her branching antlers, and she patted down all her plants to confirm that none of the plants were remotely thorny or pitch black. Nightlock lay in a heap of glowing flowers and apparel, sleeping lightly in case of intruders. Wisteria plucked a small milkweed flower from her wings, placed it in noghtlock’s food pile, and then went to the clearing’s edge to fish for the day, on edge. Nightlock rose shortly after, and kept weaving baskets and improving his huts for the day. Wisteria hummed a song from her native homelands at dinner, a ballad of a young guardian going on the search for her charge. It wasn’t always in coatl, but it helped calm Wisteria down enough to sleep. There weren’t any more nightmares. Everything was okay.

Nobody watched the experiments while they slept. Ti and Alastra has become numb to the world, counting down the days until the next subject’s release. They both sat at their desks, slowly waiting as time ticked by. A small whiteboard sat next to the monitor board, reading “It has been [2] days since accident/death of subjects” and a small smiley face. When the sun rose, they both sat down in their spots in front of the monitor and waited. The Head stopped by at one point at midday, and managed to smile and nod at the two apathetic scientists. Everything was going to be okay, they said when Alastra took the job. Oh, how they were wrong.

Pinglist:
@ ilimati @ petall @ relics @ nalrene @ storytellerivy @ neonkitty @ cosmictrash @ qthorse1 @ V88 @ dovalore

Nightmares! Death! Flowers! All right here, on your friendly neighborhood Timelocke, Everything’s Fine. Jokes aside, I’m praying for nobody else to die. I’m too attached to them all, which is quite the problem.
i-48571.gif

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
It looks like Wisteria is trying to poison her new friend.
It looks like Wisteria is trying to poison her new friend.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
@relics I’m referring to the food [item=cliffside milkweed], which Nightlock seems to like because he’s weird. Also, Wisteria is a seafood-only dragon, so she’s got no knowledge of flora besides coffee beans. Any poisoning is clearly unintentional.
@relics I’m referring to the food Cliffside Milkweed , which Nightlock seems to like because he’s weird. Also, Wisteria is a seafood-only dragon, so she’s got no knowledge of flora besides coffee beans. Any poisoning is clearly unintentional.
i-48571.gif

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

Oh my goodness, the board!

And oh I feel so sorry for Wisteria... That nightmare sounds terrifying! You wrote it really well!
@Shadowbirch

Oh my goodness, the board!

And oh I feel so sorry for Wisteria... That nightmare sounds terrifying! You wrote it really well!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_2427899]Welcome Page[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934747]Cast[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934749]Graveyard[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2427899#post_32934770]Main Directory[/url] [center][b]Day 19: A New Friend?[/b] Roll: 31, challenge [item=Golden reefprince][item=Saucer stare][item=Golden reefprince] Wisteria woke up at 5 AM, a golden glow coating the clearing and the purple-hues coatl. A new song started her day, one of a golden statue forged by a Fire clan and hidden in a deep jungle. It was said in the song that the statue would grant immortality to its owner, but it would harm the loved ones around it. Many sought it, then discarded it as their friends and family died. In the end the hums began to quiet, a small warning to those seeking the treasure. She sighed after the song was over. Her brother had taught her most of the tales and songs she knew, but he had left Lightning a long while ago to seek fortune in Light. But it was no matter anymore, she was still stuck in a godsforsaken forest. She then winged her way to the water and dove into the deep pool. She washed out each of her feathers with delicate motions, carefull to avoid her flowers. She emerged refreshed and began to dry out in the sun, wings spread against the grass. Nightlock woke up late. Wisteria had already set up a fire for lunch, and was munching on some fish she’d charred. Beside her was a small basket of crickets she captured for Nightlock’s lunch. Beside it, in a shallow wooden bowl was a golden reefprince, still alive and swimming. It peeked its head out of the bowl from time to time. Wisteria noticed that her camp mate was awake, and began to explain the small amphibian’s origin. “Uh... I found him in the lake. It seems like he was dumped there, but I couldn’t be sure whether to eat him or not... he is pretty rare... anyways, what do you think we should do with him?” “I don’t know, I don’t eat seafood. Keeping him seems like a weird choice, but I mean I guess he’s yours.” Nightlock got his bowl of crickets and began to munch on them, flambéing them with his claws. His thresh pulsed and glowed, sensing the magic worked. “Well I’m just gonna give him to you. You can decide what to do with the cool fish.” She then flew off to catch another deer for dinner. Nightlock snagged a small milkweed bloom from her wing before she left. He paused, looked around, and then had the strangest feeling: he could almost hear voices telling him not to eat the flower. He ignored them. [rule] The two observers were taking notes and eating snacks. The whiteboard remained untouched another day. Instead was a discussion over an email sent too early and what the two subjects would do with their new pet. Time will tell what the experiment will come to. Pinglist: @ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty @cosmictrash @qthorse1 @V88 @dovalore Sorry this entry was submitted half finished, I’m typing on mobile and accidentally hit the submit button :/ Anyways, today didn’t go half bad, but what will the fare of the reefprince be? I actually don’t know, maybe one of you can convince me to keep or eat the poor dude. For now, his fate will be decided tomorrow.
Welcome Page | Cast | Graveyard | Main Directory
Day 19: A New Friend?
Roll: 31, challenge
Golden Reefprince Saucer Stare Golden Reefprince

Wisteria woke up at 5 AM, a golden glow coating the clearing and the purple-hues coatl. A new song started her day, one of a golden statue forged by a Fire clan and hidden in a deep jungle. It was said in the song that the statue would grant immortality to its owner, but it would harm the loved ones around it. Many sought it, then discarded it as their friends and family died. In the end the hums began to quiet, a small warning to those seeking the treasure. She sighed after the song was over. Her brother had taught her most of the tales and songs she knew, but he had left Lightning a long while ago to seek fortune in Light. But it was no matter anymore, she was still stuck in a godsforsaken forest. She then winged her way to the water and dove into the deep pool. She washed out each of her feathers with delicate motions, carefull to avoid her flowers. She emerged refreshed and began to dry out in the sun, wings spread against the grass.

Nightlock woke up late. Wisteria had already set up a fire for lunch, and was munching on some fish she’d charred. Beside her was a small basket of crickets she captured for Nightlock’s lunch. Beside it, in a shallow wooden bowl was a golden reefprince, still alive and swimming. It peeked its head out of the bowl from time to time. Wisteria noticed that her camp mate was awake, and began to explain the small amphibian’s origin.
“Uh... I found him in the lake. It seems like he was dumped there, but I couldn’t be sure whether to eat him or not... he is pretty rare... anyways, what do you think we should do with him?”
“I don’t know, I don’t eat seafood. Keeping him seems like a weird choice, but I mean I guess he’s yours.” Nightlock got his bowl of crickets and began to munch on them, flambéing them with his claws. His thresh pulsed and glowed, sensing the magic worked.
“Well I’m just gonna give him to you. You can decide what to do with the cool fish.”
She then flew off to catch another deer for dinner. Nightlock snagged a small milkweed bloom from her wing before she left. He paused, looked around, and then had the strangest feeling: he could almost hear voices telling him not to eat the flower. He ignored them.
The two observers were taking notes and eating snacks. The whiteboard remained untouched another day. Instead was a discussion over an email sent too early and what the two subjects would do with their new pet. Time will tell what the experiment will come to.

Pinglist:
@ilimati @petall @relics @nalrene @storytellerivy @neonkitty @cosmictrash @qthorse1 @V88 @dovalore

Sorry this entry was submitted half finished, I’m typing on mobile and accidentally hit the submit button :/ Anyways, today didn’t go half bad, but what will the fare of the reefprince be? I actually don’t know, maybe one of you can convince me to keep or eat the poor dude. For now, his fate will be decided tomorrow.
i-48571.gif

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
@Shadowbirch

Nightlock...

I love Wisteria's song by the way!
@Shadowbirch

Nightlock...

I love Wisteria's song by the way!
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 39 40