Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wip, ignore me
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180316/d8e0a0140f443cd03c1f249967465791.png[/img] [b]_____________________________________________________[/b] [size=1]note to self : header font is "SverigeScriptClean_Demo" color is #1E888F[/size] [size=4.5][font=Monotype Corsiva][i]Spreading your massive wings over the terrain, you took to the sky as you reached your talons into your pouch. Fumbling with it's contents inside, you struggle to pull out the paper mailed to your doorstep. Finally feeling the paper, you take it out of the pouch and reread the information and address once more. The cool winds of the sun guided and supported you, and as you neared the Icefield you felt the once calm winds escalate to a chilling and more foreboding temperature. You forced your shivers down and mentally cursed yourself for not wearing appropriate layers. In what seemed like miles below you, you found yourself flying over the depths of the Snowsquall Tundra. Pods of trees were scattered across the land on blades of grass; some sprouting, some shriveling. Suddenly, you snapped your gaze back to the ground as you saw the dull colors of the grass escalate to an abundant and cascading sea of reds and oranges. A high mountain stood on two sides of the field, blocking out any intruders to come. [i]This must be it![/i] you thought excitedly. Angling your wings downwards, you glided down to land once more. As you soared down, you got a better look at the clan to find beautifully crafted and woven houses and huts littered neatly across the clan in rows. The mountain was very close to the manmade huts, and you could see several caves and entrances in the mountain as well. As you landed, you saw several heads turn to your arrival. Hatchlings squeaked excitedly outside the welcoming Nesting Grounds, simply thrilled by the site of a new visitor. Your eyes darted to two dragons quickly soaring toward you, one a gray and blue Mirror and the other a red and green Fae. The Mirror blinked all four of her eyes and gave you a welcoming smile, the jewels on her eyepiece quietly jingling as she moved her head. "Hello there!" she said. "I assume you're y/n?" You nod quickly at the Mirror's words. "Well then, y/n, my name is Moth, and welcome to the Clan of Nahlima." ***
d8e0a0140f443cd03c1f249967465791.png
color is #1E888F

Spreading your massive wings over the terrain, you took to the sky as you reached your talons into your pouch. Fumbling with it's contents inside, you struggle to pull out the paper mailed to your doorstep. Finally feeling the paper, you take it out of the pouch and reread the information and address once more.

The cool winds of the sun guided and supported you, and as you neared the Icefield you felt the once calm winds escalate to a chilling and more foreboding temperature. You forced your shivers down and mentally cursed yourself for not wearing appropriate layers.

In what seemed like miles below you, you found yourself flying over the depths of the Snowsquall Tundra. Pods of trees were scattered across the land on blades of grass; some sprouting, some shriveling. Suddenly, you snapped your gaze back to the ground as you saw the dull colors of the grass escalate to an abundant and cascading sea of reds and oranges. A high mountain stood on two sides of the field, blocking out any intruders to come.

This must be it! you thought excitedly. Angling your wings downwards, you glided down to land once more. As you soared down, you got a better look at the clan to find beautifully crafted and woven houses and huts littered neatly across the clan in rows. The mountain was very close to the manmade huts, and you could see several caves and entrances in the mountain as well.

As you landed, you saw several heads turn to your arrival. Hatchlings squeaked excitedly outside the welcoming Nesting Grounds, simply thrilled by the site of a new visitor. Your eyes darted to two dragons quickly soaring toward you, one a gray and blue Mirror and the other a red and green Fae.

The Mirror blinked all four of her eyes and gave you a welcoming smile, the jewels on her eyepiece quietly jingling as she moved her head. "Hello there!" she said. "I assume you're y/n?"

You nod quickly at the Mirror's words. "Well then, y/n, my name is Moth, and welcome to the Clan of Nahlima."

ice.gif
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180316/b39c1b068346958648a681d99a7dcc8c.png[/img] [b]_____________________________________________________[/b] [img]https://www.roughguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/1-Denali-National-Park-BH4FWY-1590x1050.jpg[/img] [size=1][font=Lucida Sans Undercode][i]This photo shows the appearance of Nahlima as a whole. This photo was taken during the summer months, where the clan is in full bloom.[/i][/font][/size] [size=2][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Nahlima is a clan that has - so far - been indigenous to the Southern Icefield. Founded about 2 years ago by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20765167]Moth[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20765168]Mica[/url], this clan has been a place of freedom and flight to those lost and unspoken. [i]Nahlima[/i] as a word was derived from the ancient draconic word translating to 'Blooming Flowers.' The clan was named by our healer, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20022804]Autum[/url], for the lush and abundant growth of plant life in the field. [i]'Nah'[/i] translates to [i]'Bloom'[/i] while [i]'Li'[/i] creates the suffix [i]'-ing.'[/i] Lastly, [i]'Nah'[/i] means [i]'Flower'[/i] to form the Clan of Blooming Flowers. Our strongest mage, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37115033]Rubellite[/url], would later come to figure out that the easily survivable conditions in Nahlima were not natural. In fact, long ago, in lost times unknown to current dragonkind, an ancient mage blessed the area with a growth spell to raise the temperature and make the living conditions much easier. Who and why they did this still remains unknown, but the beauty of the land shall never go unappreciated. Time after time, Nahlima has been asked - What is this clan? Who lives here? What is this clan's purpose? And if you ask any dragon, old or new, they will simply be at a loss for words. Our clan is full of free spirits, not bound by our pasts to conform to a single cause. And for a definite answer, who better to ask than one of our very own leaders? The following is a statement documented by our prime journalist, Orias, during a recent interview. "Moth and I founded this clan to live our lifelong dreams. Nahlima is not bound by one purpose or cause to conform or submit. We serve and do good for other flights all around the world, and we focus on eliminating as much pain and suffering across Sornieth. Of course, you may think that this is a farfetch'd idea; evil will always be alive and prominent. But a little act can make a huge difference. Our allies have stated that Nahlima is a clan of outcasts. Those shadowed by a shrouded past come here to start a new path. And if this does remain true, why wouldn't we welcome them? Take [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39489164]Haddock[/url] for example. He's only ever shared his troubles with Me, Moth, and Spiderweb, but he's born with an extremely rare phenomena - Telepathy. Sure, he may be a little soft-spoken, but he's no different. Saying all this may make our clan sound cliche. But I promise you, we're not. We're not peacemakers either. If we need to, we will fight. If we need to, blood will be shed, and we'll maybe even scent death. But does this change who we are? No, it does not."[/size]
b39c1b068346958648a681d99a7dcc8c.png

1-Denali-National-Park-BH4FWY-1590x1050.jpg
This photo shows the appearance of Nahlima as a whole. This photo was taken during the summer months, where the clan is in full bloom.

Nahlima is a clan that has - so far - been indigenous to the Southern Icefield. Founded about 2 years ago by Moth and Mica, this clan has been a place of freedom and flight to those lost and unspoken.
Nahlima as a word was derived from the ancient draconic word translating to 'Blooming Flowers.' The clan was named by our healer, Autum, for the lush and abundant growth of plant life in the field. 'Nah' translates to 'Bloom' while 'Li' creates the suffix '-ing.' Lastly, 'Nah' means 'Flower' to form the Clan of Blooming Flowers.
Our strongest mage, Rubellite, would later come to figure out that the easily survivable conditions in Nahlima were not natural. In fact, long ago, in lost times unknown to current dragonkind, an ancient mage blessed the area with a growth spell to raise the temperature and make the living conditions much easier. Who and why they did this still remains unknown, but the beauty of the land shall never go unappreciated.

Time after time, Nahlima has been asked - What is this clan? Who lives here? What is this clan's purpose? And if you ask any dragon, old or new, they will simply be at a loss for words. Our clan is full of free spirits, not bound by our pasts to conform to a single cause. And for a definite answer, who better to ask than one of our very own leaders? The following is a statement documented by our prime journalist, Orias, during a recent interview.
"Moth and I founded this clan to live our lifelong dreams. Nahlima is not bound by one purpose or cause to conform or submit. We serve and do good for other flights all around the world, and we focus on eliminating as much pain and suffering across Sornieth. Of course, you may think that this is a farfetch'd idea; evil will always be alive and prominent. But a little act can make a huge difference.
Our allies have stated that Nahlima is a clan of outcasts. Those shadowed by a shrouded past come here to start a new path. And if this does remain true, why wouldn't we welcome them? Take Haddock for example. He's only ever shared his troubles with Me, Moth, and Spiderweb, but he's born with an extremely rare phenomena - Telepathy. Sure, he may be a little soft-spoken, but he's no different.
Saying all this may make our clan sound cliche. But I promise you, we're not. We're not peacemakers either. If we need to, we will fight. If we need to, blood will be shed, and we'll maybe even scent death. But does this change who we are?
No, it does not."
ice.gif
[center] [img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180317/141a3e45d913ca3e61cc1404ff6f728f.png[/img] [b]_____________________________________________________[/b] [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/fe5f3c812c13df2db179b882565c7d14/tumblr_mu3sjwSKov1s3wwu1o1_1280.jpg[/img] [size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][i]This photo portrays the side of Nahlima over the mountains bordering the territory.[/i][/font][/size] [size=2][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]As stated above, Nahlima has many beautifully built houses and huts littered across the land. Many are cared for and decorated with flowers and other floral plants, thanks to our gardener [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39047298]Zinnia.[/url] Most of these houses, however, are just 'stations' or living areas for the normal dragons of the clan. However, many necessity buildings are built and tunneled into the mountainside. The Nesting Grounds is tunneled and insulated deep inside a mountain, and Iris's lab and cauldron is located inside the mountain as well. Moth and Mica's leader's den is also in the mountain, though the entrance is very high up. Lastly, Orias and the other scholar's library is also inside the mountain.
141a3e45d913ca3e61cc1404ff6f728f.png

tumblr_mu3sjwSKov1s3wwu1o1_1280.jpg
This photo portrays the side of Nahlima over the mountains bordering the territory.

As stated above, Nahlima has many beautifully built houses and huts littered across the land. Many are cared for and decorated with flowers and other floral plants, thanks to our gardener Zinnia. Most of these houses, however, are just 'stations' or living areas for the normal dragons of the clan.
However, many necessity buildings are built and tunneled into the mountainside. The Nesting Grounds is tunneled and insulated deep inside a mountain, and Iris's lab and cauldron is located inside the mountain as well. Moth and Mica's leader's den is also in the mountain, though the entrance is very high up. Lastly, Orias and the other scholar's library is also inside the mountain.

ice.gif
[center] [img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180413/60c9b30629818d9524ced7139bc37c45.png[/img] [b]_____________________________________________________[/b] [img]http://xinature.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/sunsets-tundra-sunlight-sky-wildflowers-fiery-dazzling-glow-sunrise-beautiful-meadow-explosion-rays-mountain-sunset-wallpaper-desktop-free.jpg[/img] [size=2][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]To quickly sum it up, Moth was born into a legion of Ice warriors that lived in the Fortress Of Ends. They were the highest rank in the flight, and could be classified as the deity's second-in-command wardens. However, one day, the legion was brutally attacked and massacred, wiping out the entire legion. Moth was captured and kept as a prisoner in a location still unknown for almost two years. Meanwhile, an organization of Skydancers planned to rescue the other captives from the prison. With them was a young Fae hatchling, who had hatched from an abandoned Ice egg they discovered in a river. He was named Mica and was worked with the Skydancers, using his natural magical talent to aid them in their mission. WIP
60c9b30629818d9524ced7139bc37c45.png

sunsets-tundra-sunlight-sky-wildflowers-fiery-dazzling-glow-sunrise-beautiful-meadow-explosion-rays-mountain-sunset-wallpaper-desktop-free.jpg

To quickly sum it up, Moth was born into a legion of Ice warriors that lived in the Fortress Of Ends. They were the highest rank in the flight, and could be classified as the deity's second-in-command wardens. However, one day, the legion was brutally attacked and massacred, wiping out the entire legion. Moth was captured and kept as a prisoner in a location still unknown for almost two years.
Meanwhile, an organization of Skydancers planned to rescue the other captives from the prison. With them was a young Fae hatchling, who had hatched from an abandoned Ice egg they discovered in a river. He was named Mica and was worked with the Skydancers, using his natural magical talent to aid them in their mission.

WIP

ice.gif