Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Hazzleblazzlekerblazzleflam: A Memoir
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
Chapter 1:
Arcene and Akira

The place to start with the royal line would be its founders, King Akira and Queen Arcene.

From the moment they first saw each other, they knew it was meant to be. Unfortunately, they could never be together. He was the child of the sun, she the daughter of the moon. Only at Dusk and Dawn were they ever able to catch a glimpse of each other. But their love burned with a passion that could not be stopped. The young lovers sought out the assistance of an acclaimed sorcerer. They were told that they needed to collect a certain five items, and only then were they to return.

Two years later, they presented the sorcerer with a chunk of the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, a shard of ice from the highest point in The Fortress of Ends, a trinket from the pool in the Forum of the Obscured Crescent, an item that was precious to her (the first blanket she was given as a hatchling), and an item that was important to him (the first letter she ever wrote him). The sorcerer told them that he needed no further proof of the couple's love for one another and that he knew of a clan in Shadow that could take them in. After all, he reminded them, neither sun nor moon shines in Shadow. It was heartbreaking for both dragons to have to leave their homes, but they were desperate to be together.

Soon they found the clan that the sorcerer had told them about. It immediately felt like home to both of them, and it wasn't long before the clan realized the passion and love these two held for each other. So, knowing how well it would help the clan, they asked Arcene and Akira to become King and Queen. At first, they refused, but after some persuasion, Arcene and Akira accepted the crown. Not long after the coronation, the royal couple was on a nest. The whole clan was overjoyed, but none as happy as the new parents. They finally had what they had always longed for. A true family.

These days, you can still find both dragons working around the clan. Most nights Akira is holed up in the observatory, studying his mate's old home. If Arcene isn't out on an ambassadorial trip, she will always be by her mate's side. Both delight in visiting and playing with their descendants. If you ask Akira, he will tell you that Arcene is doing what she loves as an ambassador. Arcene will tell you that she has never seen Akira as happy as he is now. Yes, they were both made to do what they are currently doing. But the truth?

The truth is that they were made to love one another.
____________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1:
Arcene and Akira

The place to start with the royal line would be its founders, King Akira and Queen Arcene.

From the moment they first saw each other, they knew it was meant to be. Unfortunately, they could never be together. He was the child of the sun, she the daughter of the moon. Only at Dusk and Dawn were they ever able to catch a glimpse of each other. But their love burned with a passion that could not be stopped. The young lovers sought out the assistance of an acclaimed sorcerer. They were told that they needed to collect a certain five items, and only then were they to return.

Two years later, they presented the sorcerer with a chunk of the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, a shard of ice from the highest point in The Fortress of Ends, a trinket from the pool in the Forum of the Obscured Crescent, an item that was precious to her (the first blanket she was given as a hatchling), and an item that was important to him (the first letter she ever wrote him). The sorcerer told them that he needed no further proof of the couple's love for one another and that he knew of a clan in Shadow that could take them in. After all, he reminded them, neither sun nor moon shines in Shadow. It was heartbreaking for both dragons to have to leave their homes, but they were desperate to be together.

Soon they found the clan that the sorcerer had told them about. It immediately felt like home to both of them, and it wasn't long before the clan realized the passion and love these two held for each other. So, knowing how well it would help the clan, they asked Arcene and Akira to become King and Queen. At first, they refused, but after some persuasion, Arcene and Akira accepted the crown. Not long after the coronation, the royal couple was on a nest. The whole clan was overjoyed, but none as happy as the new parents. They finally had what they had always longed for. A true family.

These days, you can still find both dragons working around the clan. Most nights Akira is holed up in the observatory, studying his mate's old home. If Arcene isn't out on an ambassadorial trip, she will always be by her mate's side. Both delight in visiting and playing with their descendants. If you ask Akira, he will tell you that Arcene is doing what she loves as an ambassador. Arcene will tell you that she has never seen Akira as happy as he is now. Yes, they were both made to do what they are currently doing. But the truth?

The truth is that they were made to love one another.

@CleverDual

This is beautifully written! I can't wait to see where this goes!!!!
@CleverDual

This is beautifully written! I can't wait to see where this goes!!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@CleverDual
This is wonderful! I love your writing style. Could I be added to the pinglist?
@CleverDual
This is wonderful! I love your writing style. Could I be added to the pinglist?
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Aetherstorm I'm so glad you like it! Consider yourself added to the pinglist!
@Aetherstorm I'm so glad you like it! Consider yourself added to the pinglist!

Chapter 2:
Basil and Brazil

Growing up as a princess is difficult, growing up in a life you don't want is much harder. The eldest daughter of Queen Arcene and King Akira, Basil hatched three and a half minutes before her sister, Banella, and seven minutes before her brother, Bloodburner. Three and a half minutes had secured her the crown. A crown she never wanted. A crown that her sister was longing for.

When they were young, Basil frequently slipped away from her lessons to go spend time In her gardens, an act that made Banella furious. The younger princess went to her father, King Akira, and demanded that she become the heir, not Basil. Refusing, the king told his younger daughter that this interaction had proven she would not make a good ruler. Blinded by her fury, Banella scribbled an angry letter to her sister and ran away.

The loss of her sister broke Basil's heart. It was around this time when a young wildclaw joined the clan. He was training to become a healer. When Basil asked around the clan about him, she discovered that his name was Brazil, and that he did not have a mate. But the princess was quite shy, and refused to approach him.

Some time later, Basil was working in her gardens when she heard a cough. Turning, she saw him, grinning at her. It turned out that he needed an herb that was only growing in one place in the clan: Basil's garden. She helped him find it,and the two wound up talking for hours about plants and their uses. Once he was called away to continue his work, Basil turned back to her plants, happier than she had been in a long time. It was several days until they saw each other again, and by that time both dragons had come to the same conclusion. They were developing feelings for each other.

Throughout the next two or three years, the two grew closer and closer. If you were to ask them, neither would admit it, but they were deeply in love. One day, when Basil was out in her gardens, she heard her name being called. Recognizing the voice, she followed it deeper and deeper into the gardens, noticing some candles set along the way. Suddenly, as she entered the clearing in the middle of the gardens, she stopped short. There was Brazil, grinning in front of a beautiful picnick.

"I thought you would perhaps consider joining me for dinner?"

Basil giggled and nodded. The two ate, and then talked for hours, watching the sunset and the stars twinkle in the night sky. At the end of the evening, Brazil took a deep breath.

"I know that this is going to sound crazy, but, um, here we go. Basil, I've never met anyone like you. You're smart, funny, intelligent, and passionate. You've been brightening up my world since the day I met you. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't be with you anymore. I...Basil, will you be my mate?"

Tears filled the princess' eyes as she nodded. "Yes. Yes, a thousand times yes!" The two embraced, clinging to each other. Suddenly, she gasped. "We have to talk to my parents!"

"I already asked them both for permission." Brazil was grinning.

"You did?" Basil's eyes held nothing but adoration as she looked at her mate. "I love you."

"And I you."

The coronation of Queen Basil was the largest celebration the clan had seen in years. Everyone adored the queen and prince consort (as Brazil could not hold a higher title than the heir). It was a large step for the clan, their first royal-born leader.

Flourishing under the new rulers, the clan was overjoyed when the royal couple hatched a nest of stunning dragons. It was a joyous reign.

Both of these dragons are currently thriving in the clan, doing what they love. They work together, Basil in her gardens and Brazil at his apothecary. It makes them both incredibly proud to know that they are still taking care of their clan, despite no longer being on the throne.

If you are ever in need of care, they are the place to go.

Chapter 2:
Basil and Brazil

Growing up as a princess is difficult, growing up in a life you don't want is much harder. The eldest daughter of Queen Arcene and King Akira, Basil hatched three and a half minutes before her sister, Banella, and seven minutes before her brother, Bloodburner. Three and a half minutes had secured her the crown. A crown she never wanted. A crown that her sister was longing for.

When they were young, Basil frequently slipped away from her lessons to go spend time In her gardens, an act that made Banella furious. The younger princess went to her father, King Akira, and demanded that she become the heir, not Basil. Refusing, the king told his younger daughter that this interaction had proven she would not make a good ruler. Blinded by her fury, Banella scribbled an angry letter to her sister and ran away.

The loss of her sister broke Basil's heart. It was around this time when a young wildclaw joined the clan. He was training to become a healer. When Basil asked around the clan about him, she discovered that his name was Brazil, and that he did not have a mate. But the princess was quite shy, and refused to approach him.

Some time later, Basil was working in her gardens when she heard a cough. Turning, she saw him, grinning at her. It turned out that he needed an herb that was only growing in one place in the clan: Basil's garden. She helped him find it,and the two wound up talking for hours about plants and their uses. Once he was called away to continue his work, Basil turned back to her plants, happier than she had been in a long time. It was several days until they saw each other again, and by that time both dragons had come to the same conclusion. They were developing feelings for each other.

Throughout the next two or three years, the two grew closer and closer. If you were to ask them, neither would admit it, but they were deeply in love. One day, when Basil was out in her gardens, she heard her name being called. Recognizing the voice, she followed it deeper and deeper into the gardens, noticing some candles set along the way. Suddenly, as she entered the clearing in the middle of the gardens, she stopped short. There was Brazil, grinning in front of a beautiful picnick.

"I thought you would perhaps consider joining me for dinner?"

Basil giggled and nodded. The two ate, and then talked for hours, watching the sunset and the stars twinkle in the night sky. At the end of the evening, Brazil took a deep breath.

"I know that this is going to sound crazy, but, um, here we go. Basil, I've never met anyone like you. You're smart, funny, intelligent, and passionate. You've been brightening up my world since the day I met you. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't be with you anymore. I...Basil, will you be my mate?"

Tears filled the princess' eyes as she nodded. "Yes. Yes, a thousand times yes!" The two embraced, clinging to each other. Suddenly, she gasped. "We have to talk to my parents!"

"I already asked them both for permission." Brazil was grinning.

"You did?" Basil's eyes held nothing but adoration as she looked at her mate. "I love you."

"And I you."

The coronation of Queen Basil was the largest celebration the clan had seen in years. Everyone adored the queen and prince consort (as Brazil could not hold a higher title than the heir). It was a large step for the clan, their first royal-born leader.

Flourishing under the new rulers, the clan was overjoyed when the royal couple hatched a nest of stunning dragons. It was a joyous reign.

Both of these dragons are currently thriving in the clan, doing what they love. They work together, Basil in her gardens and Brazil at his apothecary. It makes them both incredibly proud to know that they are still taking care of their clan, despite no longer being on the throne.

If you are ever in need of care, they are the place to go.

@CleverDual

Oh my goodness, this is so sweet!!!! Basil and Brazil are so perfect!!! I also have to say, I love the fact that you mentioned Banella during the beginning!!! AAAA I love Banella so much, I need to get her better situated in my clan so she can function the way she wants to.
@CleverDual

Oh my goodness, this is so sweet!!!! Basil and Brazil are so perfect!!! I also have to say, I love the fact that you mentioned Banella during the beginning!!! AAAA I love Banella so much, I need to get her better situated in my clan so she can function the way she wants to.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall I am so glad you like it. I knew you would like the mention of Banella!! <3
@Petall I am so glad you like it. I knew you would like the mention of Banella!! <3

Chapter 3:
A Garden Stroll

"So, I think this would be the perfect place to plant the Heart Roses." Basil's headpiece fluttered in the gentle breeze as she bent down by the empty garden patch. "But I amost wanted to put those along the walkway."

"What if we put the Alstroemeria here, the Heart Roses near the front, and the Myosotis along the path?"

"Oh! With the Luminous Almonds! That would be beautiful, not to mention a wonderful use of the space."

As the dragons strolled down the path, Eden paused and knelt down, brushing the petals of a Siltvine stalk. "Why does Brazil want this stuff? It's dangerous."

"He thinks that he can figure out an antidote if he has access to the poisen." Basil sighed. "I know it sounds weird, but-"

"No," Eden smiled understandingly at her friend. "I totally get it. Ugh, you two are so cute together."

"Hey, thanks."

"For what?" Giggling nervously, Eden stopped.

"For working with me. For understanding what plants mean to be, and being okay with spending nine hours together in the garden without saying a word."

Eden grinned. "You are the only dragon I know who is anything like me. Of course we get along! I love being around you." As they continued along the path, Basil giggled. Eden turned, confused. "What?"

"You have a..." Basil gestured to the top of her friend's head, gently brushing away a butterfly. They both laughed as it flitted away.

"Those things never leave me alone!"

Chapter 3:
A Garden Stroll

"So, I think this would be the perfect place to plant the Heart Roses." Basil's headpiece fluttered in the gentle breeze as she bent down by the empty garden patch. "But I amost wanted to put those along the walkway."

"What if we put the Alstroemeria here, the Heart Roses near the front, and the Myosotis along the path?"

"Oh! With the Luminous Almonds! That would be beautiful, not to mention a wonderful use of the space."

As the dragons strolled down the path, Eden paused and knelt down, brushing the petals of a Siltvine stalk. "Why does Brazil want this stuff? It's dangerous."

"He thinks that he can figure out an antidote if he has access to the poisen." Basil sighed. "I know it sounds weird, but-"

"No," Eden smiled understandingly at her friend. "I totally get it. Ugh, you two are so cute together."

"Hey, thanks."

"For what?" Giggling nervously, Eden stopped.

"For working with me. For understanding what plants mean to be, and being okay with spending nine hours together in the garden without saying a word."

Eden grinned. "You are the only dragon I know who is anything like me. Of course we get along! I love being around you." As they continued along the path, Basil giggled. Eden turned, confused. "What?"

"You have a..." Basil gestured to the top of her friend's head, gently brushing away a butterfly. They both laughed as it flitted away.

"Those things never leave me alone!"

@CleverDual

Oh my goodness I love their friendship so much!!! I'm so happy Eden is in a place where she is happy!!!
@CleverDual

Oh my goodness I love their friendship so much!!! I'm so happy Eden is in a place where she is happy!!!
@Petall I love that you like these updates so much!! They are so much fun to write, and I love hearing that you like them!!
@Petall I love that you like these updates so much!! They are so much fun to write, and I love hearing that you like them!!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22